barbyhart1
Starfish
Starfish
47 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Treasure Seekers: The Time Has Come Collector's Edition

[Post New]by barbyhart1 on Jan 22, 11 8:13 AM
I liked the game, but waaaayyyy to short for a CE. Also I found it a bit too easy as well.

vicalana
Stingray
Stingray
5,296 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Treasure Seekers: The Time Has Come Collector's Edition

[Post New]by vicalana on Jan 22, 11 8:33 AM
I am just buying for the extra gameplay...and because I don't want to wait.

Me too!!

[Post New]by hydrogibbon on Jan 22, 11 9:53 AM
I just finished the game and really enjoyed it. I particularly liked the bonus chapter. It was quite a bit different than the rest of the game because you frequently had to change who you were playing. This was a very interesting game. I think the Treasure Seekers series has improved with each new installment. I'm glad I bought the CE for the bonus chapter and will admit I looked at the strategy guide a couple of times. When I really got stuck I went over the areas I had played in the strategy guide to see if there was anything I missed. That was usually my problem with being stuck.

Debra_Jean
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

[Post New]by Debra_Jean on Jan 22, 11 10:23 AM
hydrogibbon wrote:I just finished the game and really enjoyed it. I particularly liked the bonus chapter. It was quite a bit different than the rest of the game because you frequently had to change who you were playing. This was a very interesting game. I think the Treasure Seekers series has improved with each new installment. I'm glad I bought the CE for the bonus chapter and will admit I looked at the strategy guide a couple of times. When I really got stuck I went over the areas I had played in the strategy guide to see if there was anything I missed. That was usually my problem with being stuck.

I am considering buying for the bonus play. It sounds like it may be worth buying the CE. I will see what the other fish have to say about the bonus chapter, but this was a helpful post. Thanks, hydrogibbon.

shanyem
Squid
Squid
71 Posts

[Post New]by shanyem on Jan 22, 11 10:43 AM
I'm so glad to hear comments concerning the bonus play! I've been VERY disappointed with other CE's because the bonus play was completed in a very short time and therefore definitely NOT worth the CE price. I've liked the series and now that there have been a post or two about the bonus play...I'll buy. I will also most likely post my opinion on the entire game...AND bonus play once done.
Have a great day everyone!

tomb57
Guppy
Guppy
155 Posts

[Post New]by tomb57 on Jan 22, 11 1:41 PM
This was a good gme, after you fixed the glitch in the chapel that stopped so many people.
Thanks for sending the update to fix that so fast.
Bonus game was especially enjoyable.

Thanks BFG!!!

Gala_Day
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by Gala_Day on Jan 22, 11 4:32 PM
molla311 wrote:I was happy to see a new treasure seekers out, but must say I kind of found it bouring. I liked the others and I do not mind buying CE if it is good... have them all...
this one just did not 'grabbed' me, it did not feel exciting
The things to find is spread all over and I got tired in my eyes. I'll wait a bit with this game, maybe later ....

Likewise, i have all the others, and i was so excited about the new treasure seekers but YAWN

tofinofish
Shark
Shark
13,738 Posts

[Post New]by tofinofish on Jan 22, 11 6:35 PM
Thank you 'Darkdiscisple1313'

foxshasta
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by foxshasta on Jan 22, 11 6:44 PM
I am also stuck in chapter 2. The strategy guide says to examine the bowl but you're not able to. Thats as far as I can go. I need to start testing these games before I buy them! I usually don't have a problem though.

[Post New]by finnrazelle on Jan 23, 11 10:31 AM
I really dont understand why people are griping about the prices even game creators and their staffs deserve to get paid for the work they do. games are luxury items not necessities.

Review with SPOILERS

[Post New]by RowanGolightly on Jan 23, 11 1:41 PM
I'm fairly new to all this, have only been gaming at all for about a year and with BF the whole time. I have the other two in this series and as much as I enjoyed this one, it doesn't measure up to the other two, especially for a CE. I remember the first CE I bought and I worked on it for DAYS, but I can't honestly remember which one it was.

I really don't mind the style of the game, the searching for bits around the room to fill the circles. The magnifying glass and ring idea were pretty nifty, IMO. I like the graphics and the play.

The thing that was a big WTH for me was how abruptly the character of the mad genius Totencraft was turned into a good guy when in the beginning he was eeeeevil and out to destroy the world. Come on guys, especially if I'm paying $14 for this, I expect a bit more even-handed story writing and follow through than that. HOW and WHY did he suddenly become not evil incarnate? Very jarring.

The extra scene was very good but really didn't supply any answers or tied-together threads as I was hoping. I can think of three or four satisfying ways to deal with that story twist but to not even deal with it at all is very disappointing to me.

Audreyrpeters
Minnow
Minnow
210 Posts

[Post New]by Audreyrpeters on Jan 23, 11 3:03 PM
Love the Treasure Seekers series and have them all. Bought this one, but was disappointed with the length of the game. The bonus adventure was a saving grace, but I didn't feel the game was worth the extra price of the CE. WIthout the bonus adventure the game would be extremely short for a regular game. Overall game play was decent and graphics were pretty good. Didn't have too much trouble finding things.

[Post New]by alibir on Jan 23, 11 8:14 PM
Hi Big
I have a problem with the game and don't know how to get a fix- it is in the hidden object screen in the yucatan the last object a sledgehammer cannot be found- the help tells you to do something in another time a really strange message in a hidden object screen, as you collect the paintbrush here until completed the whole game is on freeze-
can you offer some advice

terric01
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by terric01 on Jan 23, 11 9:48 PM
I just downloaded the free hour play. I always do the free hour before I buy. I figured I'd be buying this one too, since everyone is raving about it. However, the game keeps freezing. By the time I'd gotten to the VERY FIRST hidden object scene (the tent at the excavation sight), 30 minutes had gone by because I had to keep stopping and starting, ctrl-alt-delete, etc.
At one point, I went to my PC's programs and uninstalled a bunch of bigger games (13th Skull unfortunately) thinking that might be my problem.
The game STILL gets stuck. I can click on 3 or 4 objects in a row in the hidden object scene, then it freezes.
Any ideas? I have NEVER had that happen with any other games and I buy at least once a month.
Help - I really want to play!

[Post New]by wah1955 on Jan 24, 11 4:23 PM
I love the Treasure Seekers and bought this new game, played one scene a couple of times without any problem but now in Chapter 2, the fountain will not let me look at it or use the goblet as it did in the past. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I used the strategy guide and restarted the level being very careful to do everything in order according to the guide but the fountain still doesn't work the way it did the first time around. Thanks!

[Post New]by marfa923 on Jan 25, 11 6:50 AM
I love all the Treasure Seekers games but this one was a disappointment. It seemed easy and was over very quickly AND it was put out as a Collectors Edition so I paid more for it. Seems like a bad combination to me. I don't think I would have been so disappointed if iIhad paid $6.99 but it wasn't worth $13.99, that's for sure.

alphab22m
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by alphab22m on Jan 26, 11 5:07 AM
I agree with all posts re: price. 15$ is just way too much for most of us, as I am retired and my daughter pays for my membership. We, as members can have a say if we boycott buying them at this price. So I am going to pass from now on, and wait till these games come in at 7.49, or less. I have also been replaying my previously purchased games.

angelfishsb
Minnow
Minnow
258 Posts

[Post New]by angelfishsb on Jan 26, 11 11:15 AM
Thanks for fixing the game. I really enjoyed it and would like to see more Treasure Seekers. I only hope the hampster in the well is ok. I love animals, even ones in games.

dlb628
Minnow
Minnow
252 Posts

[Post New]by dlb628 on Jan 26, 11 6:42 PM
I liked this, but strangely, not as much as the first three games. The storyline this time just didn't work for me. Gameplay was fun, though. Except for the bonus area, which I felt was really too much running around here and there. A lot of the time I buy Collection's Editions because I am worried that I will miss something special in the bonus area. The bonus area here is fine to play, but it adds nothing to the story. Which is fine, but if people are wondering if they need the game for that reason, the answer is no.

I only hope the hampster in the well is ok.

Ha! I worried about him, too!

Edited on 01/26/2011 at 6:42:49 PM PST

[Post New]by Andy0864 on Jan 29, 11 1:03 PM
This is the most aggravating game that I have ever tried to play. From cutting the bars with the saw to the cutting of the ropes with the scissors, the items just do not work the first or the tenth time. It appears to be a good game for guessing correctly but the failure of the props to work are just annoying. I am going to delete the game rather than waste more time and effort in completing the game.

Go to: