Re:Post any The Stroke of Midnight technical issues here only

[Post New]by ssandygirl on Jan 22, 11 4:06 AM
Actually, you don't have to "DEMAND" anything from Customer Service. All you have to do is tell them that you can't play the game and have tried all of their "fixes", and tell them that you want a game credit. They are always willing to do it.

JessF
Clownfish
Clownfish
773 Posts

[Post New]by JessF on Jan 22, 11 5:00 AM
ssandygirl wrote:Actually, you don't have to "DEMAND" anything from Customer Service. All you have to do is tell them that you can't play the game and have tried all of their "fixes", and tell them that you want a game credit. They are always willing to do it.

Agreed.

Although I agreed with some of it, I thought the long post about CS was a little over the top. I have always received a credit when I had problems with a game. That said - I have received far too many credits.

I have had no problems with CE games no matter how complex and large. But there have been 5-6 regular games just in the past couple of weeks that I cannot play. I'm wondering if there is a lot more testing done for CEs since we are being charged a higher price.

I've been member of BFG for 3 years and it is not improving. But I don't think there is anything better out there.

esmeqt
Catfish
Catfish
1,721 Posts

[Post New]by esmeqt on Jan 22, 11 5:19 AM
This is an absolute first for me. I've downloaded and reinstalled this demo twice and the game would not run. I got the title screen, then blackness. Nothing.

I'm really disappointed because I did want to try this game quite badly, but I'm not going to take a chance now since I've tried a couple of times.

I've never had this happen before with a game from BF.

How disappointing.

susieq12
Guppy
Guppy
120 Posts

[Post New]by susieq12 on Jan 22, 11 5:45 AM
crazyfor20 wrote:Downloads fine. Won't launch just goes to the screen that says I have 60 minutes of playtime left.

same here

[Post New]by Dan_Danielle on Jan 22, 11 7:01 AM
Same problem here...

Edited on 01/22/2011 at 7:03:26 AM PST

MarieNomad
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

[Post New]by MarieNomad on Jan 22, 11 7:37 AM
I managed to cleaned up the dining room but then the game stopped on me because my sixty minutes were up. I bought the game and when I tried to start again, I can't get into the kitchen. The door stayed as a mirror. I don't know what to do.

Elirana
Guppy
Guppy
122 Posts

[Post New]by Elirana on Jan 22, 11 8:00 AM
Sherryah wrote:I read all the tech problems and did not see my problem. No problem with downloading but when game manager gets to the install part....it is stuck there. Anyone else have
this problem? I have Vista 32 home premium and plenty of ram and 512 Nivida graphic card.

I forgot. I had same problem. I just closed manager, reopened it and it completed fine. Weird or what?

[Post New]by kellyfronte on Jan 22, 11 8:44 AM
I personally think that all the time that people put into playing these games is frustrating only to have a technical problem midway, if this happened once I wouldn't make a big deal but reading everyone's posts lately, it seems BF all of a sudden is changing the quality of their games. Sorry if I ranted but when I pay and download a game I expect it to work. I would think that all the kinks have been worked out before releasing it on their site. I have been looking at iwin.com a very similar gaming site, same games, prices, club etc, maybe this site doesn't have the same technical issues as BF does.

MrLipid
Minnow
Minnow
257 Posts

[Post New]by MrLipid on Jan 22, 11 9:29 AM
I don't understand why the game, once uninstalled, won't reinstall.

My first download started to Extract Resources and then started throwing off error messages to the effect that nothing was being extracted.

That was obvious in the game when addresses to images appeared <ui/main_menu/button/click_to_exit> rather than the actual images.

An uninstall and reinstall produced a game that never launched.

Until this gets sorted, one of BFG's standing suggestions for problems (Just uninstall and reinstall) will have to be reconsidered.

Edited on 01/22/2011 at 12:26:24 PM PST

Vallarina
Guppy
Guppy
111 Posts

[Post New]by Vallarina on Jan 22, 11 10:00 AM
I can't get the game to open either. I have downloaded the trial a second time and the game won't start. I go back to the screen saying you have 43 minutes left and I haven't even played the game because it won't launch. Any suggestions?????
Thanks, Vallarina

Strixi
Guppy
Guppy
107 Posts

[Post New]by Strixi on Jan 22, 11 11:01 AM
Access error. So I downloaded my Windows updates, made sure I had the most current DirectX (I didn't), tried again. "Unpacking resources." Lock-up.

Guess this is another one that won't work on my computer. That's six, maybe seven now, in the past few months.

c0ffeecup
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by c0ffeecup on Jan 22, 11 11:27 AM
I wish I had waited until the fine tuning on this game was done. I had several screens with large white patches, the curser was randomly slow throughout the game, and some things were hard to see for my old eyes like the armour pieces. I did complete the game though. The one good thing I can say about the game is that the graphics in the scenes without the white patches were incredible. I did not have any issues downloading or starting the game and I didn't mind having to click on an item in the HOG list for a hint but did not like having to carry anything around until I could use it. I like an inventory space better. I would not have bought it had I read the posts on it first.

[Post New]by thellcat75 on Jan 22, 11 11:52 AM
I get past the loading game screen but then goes black. I've uninstalled,updated flash and shock wave (Since I can't update my comp till next time as well as done all my scans and clean up) and reinstalled it and still the samething. Not happy with this at all. Please help me since I've done everything I could on my own and I have used the help pages but to no avail.

machamc
Seahorse
Seahorse
39 Posts

[Post New]by machamc on Jan 22, 11 11:56 AM
When I start the game, a little box pops up and says "Library not Registered". Then I get about a 3/4 size white screen which has the name of the game at the top. I wait a few minutes thinking it might be loading but when nothing happens, I shut it down by clicking on the red x box on top right. That screen vanished but there is a full size black screen that blips in and disappears immediately..

romedllc
Seahorse
Seahorse
34 Posts

[Post New]by romedllc on Jan 22, 11 2:54 PM
What a shame! The game looks fun and different but it wont go full screen on my computer (wish devs would realize there are other screen sizes besides 15 inch!) and the motion is all jerky.

Would have bought this game if not for these two issues.

[Post New]by gduzenberry on Jan 22, 11 4:24 PM
I had no problems downloading. The game is different and I like the story and ghost graphics. The problem I'm having is in the war room with the armor. I have two of the skeletons outfitted, but it was very tricky as the pieces wouldn't go where they belonged without multiple attempts and error messages saying the piece would go better on another part of the body, even though what I was attempting matched the wall hanging. Finally got all but two of the armor parts in place, but I can't get the last boot and shield to "attach" and I don't know what else to try. I'm so frustrated I can't see straight! Anybody else have this problem? Or any suggestions as to how to resolve?

[Post New]by Idahonative on Jan 22, 11 4:58 PM
I didn't have problems downloading this game, nor getting it to run, nor in general playing it. I also did not have anything on the screen except the pretty picture and the circled X in the corner to exit the game. No hint button, no list of items to find. What I DID have, was a list either down the side of the screen or across the top of computer code that related to each item...I think this was to be consolidated into the hint button somehow as when you clicked on one, it found the item for you...the item that you did not have a list for to try and find it on your own. It also showed the same type of code in the "hint" mirrors, and "button" creation code on the exit screens.
I would blame it on the full moon, but for some reason, I don't think that is the problem for this type of weirdness!

Post any The Stroke of Midnight technical issues here only

[Post New]by ThePirate on Jan 22, 11 7:32 PM
bfgFlounder wrote:If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our <a href=http://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/app/home>Help pages</a>. Using our <a href=http://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/app/home>Help pages</a> is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

<a href="http://bigfishgames.com/help/index.html?rn=166">Frequent Crashing of Game</a>
<a href="http://bigfishgames.com/help/index.html?rn=438">Game Compatibility</a>

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our <a href=http://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/app/home>Help pages</a>, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our <a href=http://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/app/home>Help pages</a>.

**Please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking standard help with the game (ie. hints and tips), feel free to start a new thread with your question in the Game Forum.**

[Post New]by ThePirate on Jan 22, 11 7:34 PM
Game is slow and I can't even get in the house. door locks don't do anything

Xen33
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

[Post New]by Xen33 on Jan 22, 11 7:53 PM
Having downloaded this game twice I regret that it is unplayable. Beautiful graphics, looks really interesting...BUT, when I managed to get the game to begin went to the cemetary there was no diary, no hint, nothing writing .something blog, logon, cemetary etc down the right side, I began to hit on items, that worked at the end I obtained a scarf, then the next screen I couldn't get out of, both times, jammed and that was it. So disappointing. Lost minutes 2nd time whilst waiting for game to load?? what is that all about? Game is not ready still has notations from the programmers. Hopefully it will be released in playing order eventually...will take a look then,
Xen,

Go to: