Re:Your Comments and Reviews for The Secret Legacy: A Kate Brooks Adventure

[Post New]by led346 on Jan 29, 11 6:45 PM
This is yet another game that takes FOREVER to load and then the mouse plays hide and seek.

runtotorun
Lobster
Lobster
82 Posts

[Post New]by runtotorun on Jan 30, 11 7:00 PM
It took all of 6 minutes for me to determine that this was a pass for me. My eyes are starting to complain already! Sorry but the objects are just too small.

sunnyglow
Clownfish
Clownfish
804 Posts

[Post New]by sunnyglow on Jan 31, 11 4:42 PM
Not an adventure game. Another to me boring HOG. Can't stand screen after screen of hidden objects. Some of you best wishes on this game if you like to look for screen after screen of objects. Unfortunately not to my liking. I like a little adventure and puzzles to solve in my games.

DeVanders
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by DeVanders on Feb 4, 11 10:24 AM
After a short trial with the demo I bought the game, tempted by the graphics. I was very disppointed. It was a boring game (always the same type of HOG's, every time in the same order), but luckily, not too long....! Will never try a Kate Brooks adventure (?) again.

sm100554
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by sm100554 on Feb 15, 11 6:09 PM
Very disappointed...items are so small, and game in genera is boring. I guess that's why we try them out first huh?

[Post New]by goldilocks41 on Feb 16, 11 3:42 AM
Very disappointing. struggled to pick up items and not much help offered with what to do next. finally completed it, but sorry I bought it.

[Post New]by greyhoundgirl on Feb 22, 11 7:32 PM
HELP! I like this game and I am lucky enough to have no trouble picking up things.

HOWEVER, I am in the Antechamber, and was instructed to enter the door at "the left of the screen." OK, I scrolled all the way to the left, the only door is to the Anubis statue. I tried the door to the left of the stone wall, it goes to the Pantry. I cannot find a door that takes me to the room pictured on the walk through and I cannot find how to get there. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance

abuscher
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

[Post New]by abuscher on Feb 25, 11 10:21 AM
This game is sooooo boring. sorry I bought it.

helenzp
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by helenzp on Mar 4, 11 7:45 AM
I don't like the format and it has many glitches. When you click on items, they don't always grab on the first try. It took five attempts to get the baseball bat in the beginning.

Did not grab my interest like the other games.

Bpup
Manatee
Manatee
3,891 Posts

[Post New]by Bpup on Mar 23, 11 1:30 PM
I just tried out the demo and I'm glad to learn that the problem picking up items is not due to my mouse. I often had to double click on items to pick them up. The ability to shift the viewing image right or left was nice at first, but I kept expecting to be able to move other items and everything remained static. Either I've been spoiled by iHOGs or else the creators of this game missed out on an opportunity to add an extra layer of depth to the game.

I like the look of the game, liked that you searched by both name, silhouette, and fragment. I liked the find X number of a single item screens. I didn't change the settings for music & sounds, and I can't say that they left any impression on me. I started the game in Expert mode; I think it might be better in normal mode. I agree with the poster who said that it seems as though you have to use the Hint button in order to find certain items.

I still haven't decided if I want to keep on playing this game and buy it.

granraven3
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

[Post New]by granraven3 on Apr 5, 11 7:52 PM
I hate this game! I'm so glad I didn't pay for it. Glad to actually use my free game credit for something this disappointing.

jillaroogirl
Minnow
Minnow
299 Posts

[Post New]by jillaroogirl on Apr 9, 11 4:01 PM
The game had no music or sound, which actually annoyed me, LOL! I found the game a little clumsy, with the sliding thing on the bottom of the screen, rather than just moving around yourself. I also didn't like the fact if you zoomed into an area, did something like find letter pieces, if you zoomed back, you'd have to do it again.

A no buy for me.

IYBAKH
Minnow
Minnow
226 Posts

[Post New]by IYBAKH on Jun 15, 11 12:15 PM
My husband and I played this game together and found it to be very well organized, creative,and fun! The story line was original; and the graphics and music were good, It took us about 6 hours and we didn't skip puzzles. We also play at a leisurely pace. Throughout the game, there was an ongoing story about the son of the king and his love for a slave girl. Unfortunately, the last chapter of the story wouldn't open and we don't know what happened.
Can someone please tell us?

Starchild6
Guppy
Guppy
164 Posts

[Post New]by Starchild6 on Nov 10, 11 3:05 AM
I had no trouble playing the game, and I have a very slow ancient graphics card (64M , though I do have a widescreen monitor. Objects are on the small side though. I don't care about the profession, archaeologists seem to be the ones doing the exploring! This may be silly, but it bothers me that they say "I haven't seen my grandma in years" and Granny is working in an office. Why didn't she ever go see her?

Not sure if I will buy or not. So many objects are so small that it hurts my eyes quickly.The graphics are good, and the story is interesting.

bessiegirl
Clownfish
Clownfish
738 Posts

[Post New]by bessiegirl on Sep 29, 12 8:33 AM
Even at $2.99 I couldn't get through more than 15 minutes of the demo. From what I can see, this is a straight HOS game. The items are soooooo small it is very hard to find them and some of them do not respond when clicked. You need to move the scene from side to side to take in the entire room which is annoying. At the beginning it appears there is a story to this whole thing, but that is about it. Maybe further on in the game things straighten out, but I don't have the patience to wade through HOS after HOS seeking little bitty objects to find out. Definately not my style. I give this a 2 because the graphics were very clear and crisp. Good luck...HOS lovers will really enjoy this.

uvujog10
Squid
Squid
73 Posts

[Post New]by uvujog10 on Sep 29, 12 9:01 PM
I loved this game and after going for a demo on the US 2.99 Daily Deal I found that I had already had a trial play a long time ago and I dont know why I did not buy it at the time as I would have even bought it at the Game Club price. The game played in wide screen without me having to make any screen adjustments and the only trouble I had was having to repeatedly click to obtain a few items (which were mostly high up in the scenes) until I hit the correct spot but this did not spoil the game for me. I agree that many of the objects in the HOS are very small to find which I dont mind as this added to the intensity and enjoyment. I find that HOS with large objects to find are boring anyway so this game would suit players who enjoy more of a challenge. I was surprised at how long the game lasted and the story line was very intriguing and I couldnt wait to keep going to find the next egyptian tablet to read on with the story. I was disappointed when the game ended as I could have played on for a few more hours. Thanks BF

Dar4
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by Dar4 on Oct 7, 12 4:54 PM
I cannot get the screwdriver to work !!! What am I doing wrong ???? Dar4

Dar4
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by Dar4 on Oct 7, 12 6:32 PM
Dar4 wrote:I cannot get the screwdriver to work !!! What am I doing wrong ???? Dar4

[Post New]by bettyshere on Nov 25, 12 7:02 AM
Have Kate Brooks on trial. Cannot get out of window mode. Now if I were on my 2_ something iMac, that would be no problem, but I have downloaded to my PC HP Netbook. That means the window is about 4" wide total, and there seems to be no other choice. I can't even read the text! It's not large enuf to have any resolution. Is there no hope?

Go to: