sparkers2005
Guppy
Guppy
121 Posts

Re:Post any Shadow Wolf Mysteries:Curse of the Full Moon Collector's Edition technical issues here

[Post New]by sparkers2005 on Jan 29, 11 2:28 PM
my cursor is floating. can this be fixed?

sm100554
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

Re:Post any Shadow Wolf Mysteries:Curse of the Full Moon Collector's Edition technical issues here

[Post New]by sm100554 on Jan 29, 11 4:22 PM
Never have had any problems with all the other games I have purchased. Slow cursor, staggers, does this make sense? Slow from scene to scene. Video driver is current, etc. I probably won't purchase because this is annoying.

Sinsaint
Clownfish
Clownfish
635 Posts

Re:Post any Shadow Wolf Mysteries:Curse of the Full Moon Collector's Edition technical issues he

[Post New]by Sinsaint on Jan 29, 11 5:21 PM
honeyg412 wrote: There are many of us extremely frustrated with the glitches in this game and it's obviously not just the telescope. As others have pointed out they've had terrible lag problems, crashing of the game and other articles missing in their inventory. I've d/l this game twice and refuse to spend all day downloading a game that simply will not work.
And though I understand what bfgArnoStyx is trying to tell us, it is still an insult to those of us who are just trying to play or demo the game. That message needs to be told to the thieves and not to your faithful patrons. Could it be your "new methods to combat software piracy" are the cause of not only this games failure but the numerous glitchy games we've all had to deal with for the past 6 months??? I'm not a happy camper at this point.

My point exactly. If you sell a product and then the product doesn't work don't say "Well, check where you purchased that product from becauses OUR product doesn't have that particular defect." No, you check. I didn't steal the product. I purchased it from you... Check my purchase history. Yes, YOUR product does have that defect. And to then to sheepishly give the old uninstall/reinstall fix? Seriously? If your product doesn't have this problem how is it that you have a solution for it?

And BTW.... who the heck is Alice? Did she pop in from another ERS game and die before we were introduced? I checked my journal and still can't figure out who she is. She must have popped in from Fiction Fixers or something.

[Post New]by jburns2426 on Jan 29, 11 5:24 PM
Have gotten as far as the 24/48 combination on the locker without any problems. Yes, one of the two numbers is already set when I got to open the locker to get the clothes, but the center dial will not turn regardless of how many times I exit the scene. Any help?

diggermonty
Lobster
Lobster
90 Posts

[Post New]by diggermonty on Jan 29, 11 6:34 PM
To all those fishes with problem computers.
I am running WinXP with 4Gb of Ram, a 1Gb video card. I've had no problems running any BF game. Here's why:

Every four to six weeks I:
1. Update any drivers and software that are out of date. This includes DirectX, Flash, Quicktime, etc,
2. Defrag my hard drive and optimize it. Arrange your folders and files in a logical and efficient order.
3. Get rid of all junk files and clutter. The more crap you have on your hard drive the less efficient it becomes. Like hauling sand bags in the trunk of your car.
4. Have very few back ground programs running at any time. Things like Facebook, chat rooms, email, internet radio, The View, etc.

Fishes with older systems can get freeware programs like GameBooster to optimize their settings. There are many free utilities out there that can clean up and maintain your computer in good running order.
If you have a car your perform regular maintenance. Samething with a computer. They are only machines after all.

[Post New]by annoyedjan on Jan 29, 11 8:42 PM
I cannot find any scene that allows me to get the wheel that turns the barge cable. I have many items in the inventory but nothing is helping

[Post New]by thered1 on Jan 29, 11 9:16 PM
I am having a problem trying to put lenses on telescope it won't move them it just blinks on the lenses. Another problem is I can't try to guess the 3 digit code on the globe. When I try to enter a number it tells me to push arrows or buttons, but I can't it does not have a pointer it had a magnifying glass. I think it has a bug somewhere between these parts of the game.

Please advise on what I should do now. I am really getting frustrated with some of the technical problems with your games.

goddess280653
Guppy
Guppy
141 Posts

Re:Post any Shadow Wolf Mysteries:Curse of the Full Moon Collector's Edition technical issues her

[Post New]by goddess280653 on Jan 30, 11 12:26 AM
diggermonty wrote:To all those fishes with problem computers.
I am running WinXP with 4Gb of Ram, a 1Gb video card. I've had no problems running any BF game. Here's why:

Every four to six weeks I:
1. Update any drivers and software that are out of date. This includes DirectX, Flash, Quicktime, etc,
2. Defrag my hard drive and optimize it. Arrange your folders and files in a logical and efficient order.
3. Get rid of all junk files and clutter. The more crap you have on your hard drive the less efficient it becomes. Like hauling sand bags in the trunk of your car.
4. Have very few back ground programs running at any time. Things like Facebook, chat rooms, email, internet radio, The View, etc.

Fishes with older systems can get freeware programs like GameBooster to optimize their settings. There are many free utilities out there that can clean up and maintain your computer in good running order.
If you have a car your perform regular maintenance. Samething with a computer. They are only machines after all.

Thanks for sharing the info re freeware programs to optimise my ancient pc - most games run on it very well. I do defrag, update etc but not as often as I should from reading your post. I have talked to my computer guy but he reckons that it is not worth upgrading ram, video card etc so have been pondering buying a laptop (don't have to sit in my home office all night then) but there are so many to choose from !!! Cheers and thanks for sharing that information - not being a techie @ all it is much appreciated

dimajo
Squid
Squid
70 Posts

Re:Post any Shadow Wolf Mysteries:Curse of the Full Moon Collector's Edition technical issues h

[Post New]by dimajo on Jan 30, 11 1:01 AM
MrsWhatsit wrote:When I try to launch from the Game Manager, the result is a phantom game. When I go into the program files and "run as administrator," I get a message that the game exe file has stopped working. I'm running Vista on a desktop computer and my Direct X and graphics card driver are up to date.

Once again, there's zero predictability. I was able to run Green Hills Sanitarium and the PuppetShow games by this developer, but not Queen of Spades or Redemption Cemetery or EA Poe's Black Cat. Now add this to the list. Oh, wait. That's not quite right. I was briefly able to run Queen of Spades and Black Cat, but only the demos and only in the CE versions. Why?

You describe exactly what i wanted to report, the same games won t work with at my computer, i can open them but when i play them the screen has stripes and squares everywhere. Best thing we can do is to address our complaints to customer support i know they will do everything they can.

[Post New]by Rubeczech on Jan 30, 11 7:21 AM
As with other ERS games I have similar problem to others who have posted. At different parts of the game it just kicks me out. It runs ok most of the time -- I can get all the items.

I've updated all drivers, etc., still have the same problems. Almost every level kicks me out at one point or another. It's a shame because I enjoy these games.

[Post New]by galloway123 on Jan 30, 11 10:04 AM
I can't get the lever to move up or down. I can get the broken sword to move but not the lever. HELP. I want to finish this game.

Re:Post any Shadow Wolf Mysteries:Curse of the Full Moon Collector's Edition technical issues her

[Post New]by baglady159 on Jan 30, 11 11:15 AM
bfgArnoStyx wrote:Hey baglady159,

You may want to check to see if an update to your system might help; this help article can assist you with this:

<a href="http://bigfishgames.com/help/index.html?rn=158">Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen</a>

If you're still unable to load the game, please get in touch with Tech Support.

-bfgArnoStyx

I purchased a new computer (it was on my to-do list for this week) and now the game plays beautifully! My son said since my video card was so old it couldn't handle the graphics of this game....or something like that... ...I'm not very good at the technical workings of my computer. I leave that to him.

[Post New]by Puck200 on Jan 30, 11 11:53 AM
jburns2426 wrote:Have gotten as far as the 24/48 combination on the locker without any problems. Yes, one of the two numbers is already set when I got to open the locker to get the clothes, but the center dial will not turn regardless of how many times I exit the scene. Any help?

atroya
Starfish
Starfish
53 Posts

[Post New]by atroya on Jan 30, 11 12:09 PM
4194dave wrote:I am having a problem with the telescope, when I first tried it, it worked fine. But I had to shut the game off for a few minutes to eat, and when I came back into the game the telescope was there but it was like I had never touched it. Now it won't let me use the lenses to get the combination for the globe. And none of the next hidden object scenes I need will trigger in the castle. Guess I will uninstall and re install the game but I am not happy about having to start the game all over. Oh well. I am sure you will come up with a fix for this soon. You tech guys are GREAT!

atroya
Starfish
Starfish
53 Posts

[Post New]by atroya on Jan 30, 11 12:13 PM
I have not had any problems so far. But now at the telescope I managed to move a couple of lenses but it has now frozen. I cannot reset or move any of the other lenses.
Running Windows.7 and all drivers up to date all rubbish is cleared.
Do I have to start again? AND will it happen again? Can anyone help

bfgDonau
Flounder
Flounder
2,464 Posts

[Post New]by bfgDonau on Jan 30, 11 12:48 PM
Hi everyone!

We've escalated the issue with the telescope to the game's developers and we're hoping that they'll be able to get us a fix for this issue.

In the meantime, many players have been able to get through this section with the telescope by starting from the beginning with a new player profile and then playing through the telescope scene in one go and not leaving the scene until the lens has been moved and the needed code has been acquired.

For other technical issues, please be sure to contact our Customer Support team and they'll be happy to assist. Customer Support can be reached via the green envelope to the right or through Live Chat Support if you're a Game Club member (open from 9:30am-4:30pm PST Monday-Friday).

Hope this helps!

-bfgDonau

[Post New]by knitacatbasket on Jan 30, 11 1:37 PM
Game will not play. I can open it and when I click play on the main screen the game shuts down. So far I have been able to enter my name. I just don't think it's worth 14 bucks for that privilege. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the game twice. Will not work. I think my days with BF are done.

[Post New]by goldenval on Jan 30, 11 3:34 PM
I read about all the problems unfortunately AFTER I had purchased this game. I managed to get past a few areas that others were having problems with and was hoping that I'd come out of this ok. Not so. I am having the same problems with the telescope that others have reported and I'm NOT happy about BF'ssuggestion about starting the game over. I am hoping that the developers can create a patch to fix all these errors. I am running XP with 4GB of RAM and buy a LOT of games from BF. And yes, this game was purchased from BF ....so it is not pirated. I only buy games through BF.
If a fix cannot be made available (other than downloading the game again and starting over), then I will request a refund and next time wait for the dust to clear before buying another new game.
Hoping for a fix/patch soon!

atroya
Starfish
Starfish
53 Posts

[Post New]by atroya on Jan 30, 11 3:48 PM
Thank you to our bfg moderator., I am sorry others are so upset as I think this is a terrific game even if there are a few problems. The artwork and (especially) the music are really good.

I am quite happy to be patient as I think this game is worth it.
I was really surprised to get an answer from you on a Sunday.
Thanks again

[Post New]by greenie101 on Jan 30, 11 4:12 PM
I got through the entire game fine and then shortly into the extra play, I got errors and could go no further. After the explosion at the castle wall.

Very frustrated.

I reinstalled and now the game wont start at all.

Go to: