dk5793
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,792 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Mishap 2: An Intentional Haunting

[Post New]by dk5793 on Jan 29, 11 2:37 PM
dk5793 wrote:
Yosemite1956c wrote:Are these developers on drugs or what????
And if you over-click..........WTF is that????

No thanks!

Well, this certainly is a comment, isn't it?

Evidently, I didn't quite send the message I intended to in my previous message. I was trying to say, a little tongue-in-cheek, that I didn't approve of Yosemite's comments. Unfortunately, I was a little too subtle or whatever. I was NOT the person who said that the developers were on drugs. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

[Post New]by momizzy on Jan 29, 11 2:57 PM
I wish I hadn't have bought it, wasted a credit to-day. The most boring game, it has given me a headache waiting for the last ghost to appear to finish the FIRST four scenes. I have got all the items and solved the riddle but nothing happens until you find the last ghost of the four rooms, and that hasn't appeared yet!!!

Also, using a laptop and can't see the dark areas for items. Maybe it's the Mac version that's terrible.

Leanda1
Clownfish
Clownfish
513 Posts

[Post New]by Leanda1 on Jan 29, 11 3:59 PM
momizzy wrote:I wish I hadn't have bought it, wasted a credit to-day. The most boring game, it has given me a headache waiting for the last ghost to appear to finish the FIRST four scenes. I have got all the items and solved the riddle but nothing happens until you find the last ghost of the four rooms, and that hasn't appeared yet!!!

Also, using a laptop and can't see the dark areas for items. Maybe it's the Mac version that's terrible.

Nope I am on Windows 7, am playing at night (so I can see the screen better!) and still have had to click the hint button to find almost every item. I found/clicked the ghosts ok but the hidden items are ridiculous! I tried using my reading glasses & a magnifier NO LUCK just kept clicking hint. This was a terrible game, for hidden objects, & I never got to any of the mini games or anything else. Wasted 23 minutes of my life that I will never get back! Glad I ALWAYS try before I Buy! I do also read the comments but here's one time that I differed from the majority I think! Happy gaming to all you fishies with the ex-ray vision! LOL

Lean

Edited on 01/29/2011 at 3:59:59 PM PST

Cromaxgal
Clownfish
Clownfish
730 Posts

[Post New]by Cromaxgal on Jan 29, 11 7:05 PM
Yes, I'm not sure about it either, too many blinking lights and things going on, so I cannot find the items needed to be found.

elldee2728
Shark
Shark
14,378 Posts

[Post New]by elldee2728 on Jan 29, 11 7:21 PM
dk5793 wrote:
dk5793 wrote:

No thanks!

Evidently, I didn't quite send the message I intended to in my previous message. I was trying to say, a little tongue-in-cheek, that I didn't approve of Yosemite's comments. Unfortunately, I was a little too subtle or whatever. I was NOT the person who said that the developers were on drugs. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

Gotcha, dk5793! The devs deserve better than our "quoted" poster. Hope you're enjoying this game as much as I am!

cyndrap
Guppy
Guppy
124 Posts

[Post New]by cyndrap on Jan 30, 11 3:46 PM
cyndrap wrote:Too much fun
loved the first one and loved this one
Funny - Silly and a great play
lots to do and keeps ones interest
a buy for me
1/2 out of 5

I just finished playing game through again - this is a great game and I am now going a 5 for 5
great graphics - interesting play
nice story
and fun
a good choice !!

Tam5115
Clownfish
Clownfish
932 Posts

[Post New]by Tam5115 on Jan 31, 11 12:02 AM
I was so excited when I saw this show up in my daily e-mails. I discovered HOG less than two years ago and have been a bit of a pig when buying, though I have many that I haven't played all the way through yet. I've learned to demo most of the time and I've learned to check that they work when I buy, just to make sure.

I was able to restrain and to try this game before buying. The first Mishap is my absolute favorite game I've ever played! But I did buy it. I am at the annoying arcade game with the jade box... and I'm not very talented at that type of game but I'll keep trying. I want to drag this one out a bit. The first one I ended up staying up most of the night to finish. It was so fun I couldn't stop.

Love, love , these games. for sure. Some objects were hard to find but I'm usually much better at it if I just relax and give myself some time to get used to the game's style. That's why, whenever possible, I play the relaxed version. No matter what, I get a little OCD when there's a timer and find I have a harder time finding things.

I haven't found the flashing lights a problem at all, but i do realize some folks do. I absolutely it!

Tam5115
Clownfish
Clownfish
932 Posts

[Post New]by Tam5115 on Jan 31, 11 12:03 AM
Sorry, double post.

Edited on 01/31/2011 at 12:04:45 AM PST

DaCook7
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by DaCook7 on Jan 31, 11 12:04 AM
I don't post very often, but thankyou BF for a good one. I am really enjoying it!

[Post New]by twiley on Jan 31, 11 7:45 AM
I've installed the demo but when I hit "play game" an "access error" box comes up?? HELP!

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Jan 31, 11 9:35 AM
dk5793 wrote:
dk5793 wrote:

No thanks!

I fully understood what you meant, dk5793. And I agree with you.

[Post New]by Buttonbear on Jan 31, 11 1:38 PM
absolutely loved the first game and having played through this game I love it just as much - one complaint however - the final cutscene - I had to ctrl-alt-del my way out of the game as it took almost 20 minutes to run 3 or four frames. That's bad - they could've sacrificed a little effect for better run time

Seji
Guppy
Guppy
120 Posts

[Post New]by Seji on Jan 31, 11 7:01 PM
I tried this game out and it didn't give it a chance.

I read the reviews here, went back and tried it again. Guess what?

I LOVE IT!

Give this game a chance. It will grow on you. It's like playing a hidden object game in Mickey's Toon Town at Disneyland. Funny and fun!

Stevihj
Clownfish
Clownfish
507 Posts

[Post New]by Stevihj on Jan 31, 11 8:45 PM
The graphics are brilliant and beautiful. Unlike fellow fishes, I enjoyed all the movement. The gameplay is HOG with riddles, ghosts to capture and devices to build. There are minigames that are quite challenging. The storyline is as well written as the first of this series. Another homerun!

This game is an A++.

ravensgone
Starfish
Starfish
41 Posts

[Post New]by ravensgone on Jan 31, 11 9:28 PM
i haven't played the first mishap, but i'll definitely consider it now. i usually like mysteries, specifically mystery case files, but this was just too addictive, the hour trial passed before i knew it. i was waiting to buy more games until after the 1st so that they would go onto the new game punch card, but i just couldn't resist. definite eye candy, and the mini-games are really refreshing after puzzling and searching for hidden objects, it was an interesting ride.

DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on Jan 31, 11 9:59 PM
Buttonbear wrote:absolutely loved the first game and having played through this game I love it just as much - one complaint however - the final cutscene - I had to ctrl-alt-del my way out of the game as it took almost 20 minutes to run 3 or four frames. That's bad - they could've sacrificed a little effect for better run time

Hi there Buttonbear,
I have had to restrain myself from purchasing this game as I am waiting for February.
Apparently the final "scene" takes you to YouTube for the finale...and others have had problems with this.
Not a solution, but maybe an explanation.
Cheers

ember89
Flounder
Flounder
2,103 Posts

[Post New]by ember89 on Feb 1, 11 10:59 PM
so i was really excited to see this one come out, but i've had an issue that i'm going to post next in the tech thread and see if maybe there's already a solution floating around out there...

i love these games - spoofy-spooky and oh-so-cheeky fun! great times!! i was able to complete the first chapter before it got buggy so...

i like the pan for the main scene and still/complete frames for the other accessible areas, it made for a nice change-up and allowed for more area to be covered without scrunching it all in or going from room to room to room... and the riddle was cute, too - easy to solve once you had all the items you needed to fill in the blanks...

now, where you would have had to fight the 'ghost' off by clicking on it a million times, there are demons to fend off while you attempt to destroy a jade box... at this point, my computer crashed... so i will be doing a thorough cleaning and a defrag to make sure nothing is messed up and trying the game again...

the characters in these games are just so lovable and laughable that you can't help but want to hang out and see how everything works out, lend a helping hand, and meet a few 'intentional' ghosts... the graphics are terrific and make for a fun world with which to interact... the music/sound FX are just as good and make for a very well-rounded performance...

if you haven't played the first one i would urge you to give it a try as well... such a wonderful pair of games!

happy haunting

ember89
Flounder
Flounder
2,103 Posts

[Post New]by ember89 on Feb 1, 11 11:06 PM
dk5793 wrote:

No thanks!

makes me wanna say: well, that's attractive!

carolwst
Starfish
Starfish
52 Posts

[Post New]by carolwst on Feb 2, 11 11:48 AM
Yes, it obviously took the devs a lot of effort. Tons of things going on. Not for me though, too dark and too many tiny, tiny objects. I like a little more adventure with my **** but obviously a lot of folks really like and that's great.

NikkiNox
Starfish
Starfish
40 Posts

[Post New]by NikkiNox on Feb 4, 11 9:26 PM
I waited until February and spent a credit on this one and so far (yes I played the demo in January) I am totally BORED TO DEATH! It's repetitive and the mini games between levels are the only mini games going on. I'm playing on the "scary" level, but because I am so bored with the game I'm not listening so no scare factor there. Some of the objects are just obscure and unknown. I'm sure I'll finish the game eventually, because that's what I do, but so far I'm just not impressed for a second outing, I think I like the first one better. If I were you I'd wait for something more exciting. Hang onto your credits. There just has to be something better coming along.

Go to: