Monnie788
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Death at Fairing Point: A Dana Knightstone Novel

[Post New]by Monnie788 on Jul 20, 11 10:07 PM
Liasmani wrote:Game Ratings:

Graphics – 4.5 stars
Story – 4.5 stars
Music/Sounds – 3.5 stars
Gameplay – 4.5 stars
Overall – 4.25 stars

My ratings of games can be high as 5 and can be low as 1.

Ratings Explained:

1 star: Poor
2 stars: Okay
3 stars: Good
4 stars: Great
5 stars: Excellent

I won’t be purchasing this game at all. For those who did – Happy Gaming!

Just been looking at all the reviews on this game as I have a credit to spend. Curious since you rated each aspect of this game pretty high with an overall game rate of 4.25 why you would not be purchasing? If I find a game that I think that much of I'd probably buy it No big deal just noticed you do a lot of posting and rate many games. Thanks!

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Death at Fairing Point: A Dana Knightstone Novel

[Post New]by Miniatures1 on Jul 22, 11 5:39 AM
Real good game more adventure then hidden object a real plus for me cannot wait for the next one!!

Gwion
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by Gwion on Aug 7, 11 8:42 PM
I LOVED this game. Some HOGS but mostly it was great puzzles all over the place. Some of them were pretty easy to figure out (I've been playing enough of these games for long enough! ) but most were challenging and above all interesting. They didn't get in the way of the story--I have to say I'm not so hot on the mostly-HOG ones where you take two steps, solve a HOG, take two steps, solve a HOG, when I'm crazy to know the story.

This story was good, too. I'm not really a romance person so I was ambivalent about this one, but I'm glad I tried it because it was really more of a mystery. Right up my alley!

The graphics were good and the game was contained within several small areas so I didn't have to click all over the place. It's always nice to have a fairly small area to search when you forget where you saw something

I recommend this one for mystery and puzzle lovers!

TnTexas
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by TnTexas on Aug 28, 11 11:05 PM
Overall Impression: a well-planned, beautifully executed iHOG/Adventure blend

Pros:
-- The graphics were crisp and clear with warm, inviting colors.
-- The voiceovers were limited but well-done and added to the story.
-- The music fit the story and added to the ambience.
-- The storyline was developed through dialogue and cutscenes - both of which were skippable. It was coherent throughout and had an ending that not only made sense, but was satisfying as well.
-- Because the game is divided into well-defined chapters, the to-ing and fro-ing in this iHOG/Adventure blend is kept to a minimum.
-- The objects in the HOG scenes were crisp and clear, and the hints were unlimited.
-- The puzzles/minigames fit into the story and were skippable after a certain amount of time.
-- The bonus gameplay in the collector's edition was truly extra and not what should have been the ending of the regular game. It was an epilogue to the main story and was the same length as the other chapters in the game.

Cons:
-- The hint and skip buttons took a bit too long to reload.

Will Probably Appeal to: those who enjoy iHOG/Adventure blends, romance and mysteries

Will Probably Not Appeal to: to those who prefer straight HOGs

Edited on 08/28/2011 at 11:11:15 PM PST

LittleFish884
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,181 Posts

[Post New]by LittleFish884 on Sep 19, 11 2:32 AM
A really enjoyable game, I think this game is the only one so far I have been unable to stop for, housework went out the window today LOL.

Really nice graphics, music was not too intrusive & a lovely story.

I also liked the fact that there were many puzzles inter-spaced with the H O G scenes, also the items in the H O G scenes where relevant.

[Post New]by centauri272 on Oct 14, 11 11:39 AM
Great game! Nice story and graphics! It's quite easy but who doesn't like sometimes a game where you don't really need the hint button!

frNzR4evr
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

[Post New]by frNzR4evr on Dec 11, 11 2:45 PM
What an excellent surprise, this is one of the best games I have played in a while, wish I had seen the CE, I usually do buy them, sometimes it's a disappointment, but provided there is an (/are) extra bonus chapter(s), I'm glad to get some more playtime. This game tells you the time you took to complete it, mine was 28hours; but I was leaving it on even when I left the room. Still, I felt the length was quite decent for a Standard. One of the neatest the things was how few Hidden Object scenes there were, lots of rearranging puzzles & reassembling pieces puzzles. The music was soothing, the storyline VERY compelling. I'm definitely going to refresh my memory which company produced it, and see what else they can offer me. Great two days, thank you! Wait! My VERY favourite thing was the SFX of the various puzzle pieces rotating; you could close your eyes and FEEL the tiles move.

allynann
Starfish
Starfish
52 Posts

[Post New]by allynann on Jan 8, 12 4:38 PM
I love this game good storyline .I brought it already and I loved it ,Thanks Big Fish good work

mtvoyager
Herring
Herring
318 Posts

[Post New]by mtvoyager on Jan 10, 12 11:18 AM
I bought this game and played it through. It was great. Not too hard, but still a challenge.

mtvoyager
Herring
Herring
318 Posts

[Post New]by mtvoyager on Jan 10, 12 11:20 AM
Reminds me of the Gothic novels I used to read in the old days. I would love it if someone would make a game based on a Victoria Holt novel. Does anyone remember her? I read everything she wrote. A game based on "The Road to Paradise Island" would be awesome.

[Post New]by bjimferg on Feb 7, 12 11:41 AM
Re: good match 3 game. An oldie but goodie is Babylonia. I love it and play it every morning.

Wayner33
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

[Post New]by Wayner33 on Feb 9, 12 10:05 AM
This is a good enough game. However, you better like mini games as this game is full of them. I never used the "skip" feature as many times in any game as I did in this game. Other than that it is a pleasant game.

Leanda1
Clownfish
Clownfish
513 Posts

[Post New]by Leanda1 on Feb 9, 12 6:53 PM
Based upon the 4+ pages of the reviews I am curious - several people eluded to it being a M3 game?? yet the description and 80% of reviews say it is a ho/adventure game?? based upon what is in here - I don't know that I would even bother except that I have played these games before and own a few - Where in the world did the M3 come in? as a mini game but not the majority of the game??? craziness abounds in this relm IMHO

Lean

Alas, I have played the demo - must not have liked it that much as it is not on my list of "must haves" sorry to say that while I do own a couple why this one just wasn't a buy for me - BUT i do know it is NOT A M3 game!!

editied for comment Lean

Edited on 02/09/2012 at 7:05:46 PM PST

Nagster
Lobster
Lobster
93 Posts

[Post New]by Nagster on Feb 16, 12 5:07 PM
The adjective that springs to mind while playing this game is TEDIOUS.

[Post New]by carolzoe on May 1, 12 1:03 PM
I really enjoy the game there are times you can not go on unless you quit and go to the walk through now I am at the end and need to go to chapter 7 and the game only wants me to put the paper, with the invisible ink over the candle. How many times to you have to do this before it lets you continue?

Laflamme
Stingray
Stingray
4,512 Posts

[Post New]by Laflamme on Nov 11, 12 8:44 AM
Review based upon completion of the game.

This is the first installment of the Dana Knightstone novels, a fiction writer who can see ghosts and is helping them, then writing up their story. In this case the starts out in a Scottish house during a storm, and a murdered ghosts makes his presence known. Who has murdered him and why?

The Good:

+ decent game length (3:55)
+ storyline
+ HO scenes tie in with the story and "make sense"
+ lots of puzzles...

The Neutral:

o ...but most of them are already solved by the time the skip bar is filled
o voice overs only during act breaks

The Bad:

- English phone box in France
- finding people in HO scenes was a bit unnerving

Bottom Line: Very well done little game, good for beginners as it's not too complicated. Not much to-and-froing since you only have to manage a maximum of about 7 screens at one time.

LadyJane50
Guppy
Guppy
183 Posts

[Post New]by LadyJane50 on Mar 15, 13 6:24 PM
What a delightful surprising game! When I first started, it appeared to be too easy. I kept on playing and am sure glad I did.

The graphics are detailed, but not junky. The mini-games are easy (but they do require you to figure out the instructions). Nice amount of dialogue and good music/sounds. Good hint button.

It was nice to play with about four screens per chapter instead of twelve or so. It helped when deciding what needed to be done next.

I believe there are two more Dana Knightstone Novels games and I will definitely purchase them.

[Post New]by JustTheFacts on Mar 27, 13 11:49 AM
Beautiful Historical Romantic Adventure

GAME COMPLETED SEVERAL TIMES

This is lovely romantic and visually pleasing game. It’s been a couple of years since this was released, and the graphics are lower definition than what’s available now, but these scenes are drawn so beautifully it just doesn’t matter. Every scene is beautiful, the music and ambient sound is soothing, heck even we are attractive!

It is not a HOPA as we’d define it – I think there was only one list HOS, but there were plenty of find multiples of this and identical pairs of that, plus lots of variations of jigsaw styled puzzles. These were all great fun. Some of the other puzzles were a bit of a pain because there was no real instructions for them. You could get a hint instead of skipping, but I never found it made a difference.

When you’re sick of vampires and ghouls, mad scientists and deserted hospitals, here's a good place to hang out with a sad but harmless pair of ghosts.

I recommend this game!

Go to: