Re:Your Comments and Reviews for A Girl in the City

[Post New]by nightnurse888 on Feb 2, 11 1:45 PM
Come on Big Fish, this has to be the worst game I have seen in years. Hated it. Not had much luck lately downloading trial games. One in three has technical issues one way or another. You can do better than this

[Post New]by jarjen on Feb 3, 11 2:42 PM
Awful game! The constant restarting of levels if you didn't make it in the short time period given and having to reclick on items several times to select it made for aggravating game play. Add to that the many items you needed a magnifying glass to see and you have a game no one would want to play much less buy.

DeGill
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

[Post New]by DeGill on Feb 3, 11 3:36 PM
I couldn't even get started on the game--nothing was in English!!!
DeGill<><

DeGill
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

[Post New]by DeGill on Feb 3, 11 3:36 PM
I couldn't even get started on the game--nothing was in English!!!
DeGill<><

revbecca
Squid
Squid
67 Posts

[Post New]by revbecca on Feb 3, 11 8:45 PM
I thought this one might be a fun game. I was wrong. My first clue was when the main character wanted to apply to be "a kitchen help." I'm fairly intuitive, but feeling stupid right now. I finally found all the items (which weren't "hidden," at all, just sprinkled all over the scene) in the pizza restaurant, but couldn't figure out for the life of me what to do next. I give up! This is a no-buy for me, as well.

goeash
Koi
Koi
83,226 Posts

[Post New]by goeash on Feb 10, 11 11:47 AM
Well, I enjoyed this game! The only negative comment I have is that it ended rather abruptly!

[Post New]by highdesert007 on Feb 10, 11 7:10 PM
i got thru the hospital scene and then nothing...don't know what to do..it stays on the same scene..wtf? can anyone help me

ember89
Flounder
Flounder
2,103 Posts

[Post New]by ember89 on Feb 15, 11 7:53 PM
finally getting around to catching up on some of my demo's... and unfortunately, i cannot recommend this one

items are small and scattered rather than actually hidden... the mini-games aren't all that interesting or challenging... the story is weak and the characters dull...

this is truly one to be skipped!

lovely62
Clownfish
Clownfish
731 Posts

[Post New]by lovely62 on Mar 14, 11 11:54 AM
I wanted to like the game, but no buy for me, very confused in what to do..At first I thought this game would be so much fun, But as i went along I decided this is a No Buy! happy gaming Fishes

Nagasse
Stingray
Stingray
5,251 Posts

[Post New]by Nagasse on Mar 30, 11 4:55 AM
I played the demo and I liked this game, its not a great game, but its good. The clock is quick on the timed mode, so that adds challenge and I liked the graphics and the tasks.

queencate
Guppy
Guppy
124 Posts

[Post New]by queencate on Apr 18, 11 10:26 AM
what can i say ? not much good .BORING !!! CLICK CLICK CLICK TOO MUCH CLICKING , WASTE OF MY HARD EARNED MONEY

Your Comments and Reviews for A Girl in the City

[Post New]by Heldome on May 10, 11 3:26 PM
bfgImbrium wrote:Hey Fishies! What do you think of A Girl in the City? We value your reviews, as do many of the other fishies in our pond, so feel free to post your comments and opinions in this thread!

Remember, a lot of people who will be reading this thread will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post.

For discussions other than your general feedback on this game you can create a new discussion in the game forum and if you are experiencing technical issues, be sure to swim over to the support thread <a href=http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/141101.page>here</a>.

Happy gaming!

bfgImbrium

[Post New]by gardeniaeater on Aug 20, 11 8:28 AM
this game would have been wonderful if done completely different. i decided to go with it as a break from games about haunted houses and asylums(which i love, don't get me wrong).

any time i see a misspelling or error in a hidden object scene, i automatically feel a bit cheated. the red handkerchief is black? ash ash shovel? there were many more.

3 minutes to skip a mini-game? sorry but i don't enjoy sitting and twiddling my thumbs, while listening to the same music or sound effects repeating over and over.

what about the story with the doctor? so he was stalking her or what?

this was such a big disappointment. thankfully BF has numerous amazing games to make up for it.

bajacalla
Guppy
Guppy
135 Posts

[Post New]by bajacalla on Aug 20, 11 11:20 AM
this could have been a great game, it had a lot of promise: different sorts of puzzles than usual, interesting storyline premise, and options for timed or not timed play.

unfortunately, many of the HOG items were misnamed, fuzzy, or just impossibly small. what is an "AAshAash shovel"? it took a hint to find it, and I'm still not sure what it was supposed to be.

many of the puzzles had little or no intelligible directions, or were so difficult to manipulate that they were excruciating, not challenging.

I played the entire demo, but I won't be buying this one.

Tiger2010
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,624 Posts

[Post New]by Tiger2010 on Aug 23, 11 4:15 AM
SPOILER ALERT!!!

Oh good Lord, what on earth was this sorry mess of a game?

Quite apart from what everyone says above, the storyline, if you can call it that, has to be the worst I've ever come across.

Let's get this straight. You play as Laura, who dreams of making it big as a journalist in New York, but has to take some menial jobs along the way to pay the bills. All well and good. She then has a scooter accident when the only other character not to appear as "ghosted out", Mark comes into play. The beginning of a love story, you think. Think again. Laura puts him down at every turn (and she only seems to have one expression during the whole of the game and that is one of a complete sour faced madam - quite why Mark seems to find her attractive at all is quite beyond me).

And then there's Mark himself. He doesn't seem to take any hint that he's not wanted and appears wherever Laura goes with such alarming alacrity that I wouldn't think "boyfriend material". Rather, I'd be calling the NYPD and reporting him as a stalker.

There's a bizarre sequence where Laura bumps into the doctor who treated her, at a speed dating venue. He suggests they head off back to his place to play Poker! Now being a big fan of the Governor of Poker 1 and 2 games, I was at the very least expecting to be dealt a hand of Texas Hold 'Em. Nope, just a mini game to re-arrange a pack of cards from Ace upwards.

Laura wakes up to think she may have been a teeny bit silly in going home late at night with a stranger and, for some bizarre reason, she is suddenly so panicked she calls Mark to the rescue. When he turns up and admonishes her gently about her aforementioned foolhardiness, he gets yet another brush off along the lines of "Thanks for the lesson in morality. Goodbye". But, you guessed it, good old chump that he is, Mark just keeps right on stalking her.

Also, I didn't get all the "fillers" about the college girlfriend who's done so much better in life than good old Laura and why Mark thought that the magazine people Laura eventually works for are untrustworthy and "not who they seem". Where did that storyline go?

Conclusion: Central Park - Laura has a complete about face and decides that Mark really is the best thing since sliced bread, kisses him and hey presto, happy ending all round. All in about 2 hours.

Oh Please! This is insulting and a complete waste of time and money.

Edited on 09/21/2012 at 2:53:47 AM PST

flapkat
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by flapkat on Sep 8, 11 3:53 PM
what a stupid game. non traditional icons, intense "background" noise, and puzzles that are incomprehensible. A no-buy for sure, 4 me.

[Post New]by nanny212 on Nov 26, 11 4:08 AM
I have never read reviews for a game before I bought it, but I wish I had on this one. I finished it in a couple of hours. Thought it was taking me to the next level, but was disappointed there, also.
They should warn you this one is for children.

[Post New]by gruniongrama on Mar 9, 12 8:57 AM
I like this simple game. The slider puzzle floored me that I didn't do it in time, but I got a job at the place anyway, maybe that is what is intended as the job I got worked with the story. I just finished the demo and want more, why? I am curious as to what will happen in this unlucky girls life! Yes, this is not the caliber we are used to with all the other games out with high quality graphics, many layers of mystery, mayhem and intrigue, but I like this as a DD to start my punch card. If you like it simple sometimes give it a try. The puzzle pieces can be rotated from a button on the right side. I worked better without trying to understand the directions. There is a magnifier button on the left that comes in handy.

bbelle
Clownfish
Clownfish
795 Posts

[Post New]by bbelle on Mar 9, 12 9:14 AM
I tried it and liked it and bought it. Grunion , it is simple and fun.

mtvoyager
Herring
Herring
318 Posts

[Post New]by mtvoyager on Mar 9, 12 10:08 AM
I can see everybody hated this game, but I kind of liked it. On the slider game I think it was a set up really. No matter how fast you are, you're still too slow because you are bound to be a delivery person. It was a bit stiff and difficult, but still I enjoyed the story and the NY aspects of it. And I liked the puzzles

Go to: