WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

Phantasmat

[Post New]by WilJul on Feb 15, 11 9:55 PM
Sheila_1968 wrote:
Im still on the first level of the game (Im normally a M3 player.) I am trying to get the last mysterious key out of the tank and the only inventory I have is the hook necklace. and the HINT button keeps telling me to find a way to get the key out of the tank... can someone HELP!

Then, I have only one half of the lock shaped like a heart to the church tower where is that other piece? It's driving me CRAZY!

Hi Sheila_1968! I'm happy to help out as much as I can, but since this a "Comments and Reviews" thread, I have to be careful about posting spoilers, so you will have to use your cursor to highlight the white text below so you can read it:

SPOILERS:
You do use the hook necklace on the key in the aquarium, just click the necklace on the key itself and it should pick it right up.

You get one piece of the heart-shaped key from the hotel owner and the other piece from the old lady in the cemetery.

If you choose to respond or ask more questions, you might want to move to another discussion thread, or start your own to avoid leaving spoilers for other fishies who are in here just looking for reviews.
Hope this helps! Good luck!

Edited on 02/16/2011 at 11:48:23 PM PST

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Phantasmat

[Post New]by PRINCESSWIMMER24 on Feb 16, 11 11:25 AM
I don't typically post info about games that I play. Mostly because I forgot to do it or by the time I finish up a game I'm dead tired and head to bed lol I really enjoyed this game!! It is one of the best HOG I have played in a long while. It is very interactive. A lot of times I just skim over the story or skip it altogether, but this story was very good and I didn't find it cheesy. I also thought that it was neat that you could choose to swap out a HOG puzzle for match3. This was the first game I have played that allowed that option. I also like that the newer games are giving you the choice of how you want to play the game. A lot of times I choose not to buy a game because I feel it is too simple. So, I really like that added option as well. This game was not short either. I would estimate I got about 7hrs of game play out of it. I would definitely give it 2 thumbs up!

csfig0669
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by csfig0669 on Feb 16, 11 11:21 PM
Lots of fun. Good ambiance, interesting story line, and I love, love, love the option to play Match 3 instead of Hidden Object. If my eyes got tired hunting, I'd switch to M3. If I got bored with M3, I'd go to Hidden Object (funny this decided the initials for Hidden Object was a bad word, so I had to edit haha!). I started out on Casual level and will go back to try the other two levels another day. Casual was pretty easy, but I still got plenty of game time out of it and thoroughly enjoyed the game.

Edited on 02/16/2011 at 11:24:05 PM PST

hakuna
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by hakuna on Feb 17, 11 3:03 AM
PHANTASTIC!!!

technocratee
Guppy
Guppy
118 Posts

[Post New]by technocratee on Feb 17, 11 3:55 AM
I almost passed on this game cause I read in Comments and Reviews earlier on that it was a pure HOG with beautiful graphics. A friend tried it out and insisted I try it (we usually like the same games). Well it's an adventure HOG, the kind I love, same genre as 'Curse of the Opera', 'Asylum Conspiracy' and I'll add Green Hills Sanatorium, Not in same categorie as Puppet Show(s) and Deadtime Stories as their graphics were gorgeous.
I found the graphics grainy, dark, eerie good for this type of game but not beautiful.
Thanks for Comments and Reviews I find it very helpful, I download at 56k (I live in a remote area) that's 8 hours per 100mgs, so I tend to chose which games I download carefully.

noirangel
Starfish
Starfish
45 Posts

[Post New]by noirangel on Feb 17, 11 7:58 AM
I really enjoyed this game. I liked the option to play match 3 or hog. Sometimes you just get bored with hog only.

Actually I found the match 3 was a lot tougher too.

The graphics were outstanding in this game. I really liked the music too, it was just spooky enough to add atmosphere and not be annoying.

The story line was pretty good, familiar but good. The characters were enjoyable enough for me to listen to all their dialogue and not just shut them up .

It played nice and long too which is always a plus. Another great game that was worth beyond the purchase price if you ask me! I even enjoyed the puzzles and I am a notorious puzzle skipper but I managed to do them all and enjoyed them.

Thanks a lot for a great game developers! Can we have some more please!

Royals1
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by Royals1 on Feb 17, 11 4:03 PM
Finally finished this game and positively loved it! I normally turn the music off but left this one on and it wasn't annoying like most of them. Just the right amount of creepiness and like others here, I let the voices play out. Is it just me or does anyone else think there might just be a second game to this one?? Hope so. Now off to do play it again because I didn't get all of the trophies and would like to try the hard version.

[Post New]by dekalbda on Feb 18, 11 3:36 PM
I am stuck at the point where you need to light the candle on the monument, but I cannot seem to get the matches. I have tried walking the road several times, but when I get back to my room, I cannot enter the bathroom to get them. I get the message that tells me there is nothing I need in there now. Can anyone help?

mcurty
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,991 Posts

[Post New]by mcurty on Feb 18, 11 5:03 PM
HI dekalbda,
There is a topic on this first page of the forum for this game titled "matches for the candle" that has your answer. Or you can copy and paste this link into your browser to get to it.

http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/141984.page

[Post New]by mernigini on Feb 18, 11 9:39 PM
I just finished Casual Mode in about 3 hours. It was fun, and challenging. Also a good creepy story. I'll have to try the other modes later. Thanks Big Fish!

[Post New]by Darcy3 on Feb 19, 11 4:03 AM
This game looks really good! I dont get to play it though because the cursor wont go to the bottom of the screen no matter what I try! So having collected the car keys at the start I cant get to them to open the trunk. Really dissapointed! boo hoo

mcurty
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,991 Posts

[Post New]by mcurty on Feb 19, 11 11:53 AM
Hi Darcy3,
Sounds like you are trying to play on a Netbook. I just can't get this game to work on my Netbook either.

Shevyron
Clownfish
Clownfish
517 Posts

[Post New]by Shevyron on Feb 19, 11 12:52 PM
I loved this game.
Funnily enough, i played the demo when it came out as a CE and really didn't get it, and so wasn't very interested when it came out at SE.
But - the game credit was burning a hole in my pocket. I read the reviews again, and thought that maybe i was wrong!
Graphics were great
Characters were fascinating
Storyline interesting and fast moving
Interactions were good and helpful to the story
games were challenging but accessible
all in all a GREAT GAME

Ejune3
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by Ejune3 on Feb 19, 11 5:53 PM
I thoroughly enjoyed this game! I think the graphics were cleaner than some and it was laid out nicely in sequences that made sense. What a wonderful twist to have the match 3 option. I did not know ahead of time, so it was a pleasant surprise. I haven't yet purchased a game with match 3 but I have played them. I prefer the adventure/HOG games and haven't wanted to spend any on the other. All in all, I'd have to say this game will be a favorite. I still have yet to win the dash trophy for getting 10 "eyes". But I did find all 3 "Codeminions"!

Re:Comments and Review

[Post New]by gafolksnsc on Feb 20, 11 5:20 PM
ElderJen wrote:I loved this game! I rarely enjoy characters who talk a lot and in other games I tend to ignore them as they can be very irritating. However, the story line and the actors were so good in this game that I did not skip any of the dialogue in this story. Yes, it does have it's faults but they are minor and hardly worth mentioning. Well done! Loved it!

[Post New]by gafolksnsc on Feb 20, 11 5:24 PM
This is undoubtedly the BEST game since I played Dire Grove. I could not stop playing it.......It wa a long game too and well worth the price. The scenes were so good and the narratives were not too long and easy to read and understand. I did not play it without some hints. At one point I was ready to exit and get a new perspective but could not do that. I also had no problems with the game, no glitches, no freezing up....nothing. A PERFECT GAME!

legalhelper
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,257 Posts

[Post New]by legalhelper on Feb 21, 11 10:12 AM
Wow! Double wow! A-ma-zing! This is my new favorite! I would like to play this in expert mode. Two thumbs WAY up from me on this one.

wvsandy
Squid
Squid
71 Posts

[Post New]by wvsandy on Feb 21, 11 7:31 PM
This game rocked! I loved the story line and the atmosphere. This game is right up there with Return to Ravenhurst, Dire Grove and Dark Parables: The Curse of Briar Rose as a game I hated to see end. I hope there's a sequel in the future.

[Post New]by bolow399 on Feb 21, 11 9:59 PM
This game was awesome. It was a very long play and had really interesting puzzles. I like the ability to switch between the hidden object and three of a kind games. The bonus was very interesting and finished the story nicely. I always held back on purchasing collector's editions but after playing Phantasmat's collector's edition I really like all the bonus content. I definitely feel I got my money's worth with this game.

The game itself is darker and once again kind of sad. However, the story was really well developed and thought out.

katymax
Guppy
Guppy
110 Posts

[Post New]by katymax on Feb 22, 11 6:09 AM
Excellent game. Thank goodness for hints & skips. Loved the match 3-I can usually get them done way before finding all the HOs due to tired old eyes. Can't wait for the sequel

Go to: