CTEnsley
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

Re:Post any Charlaine Harris: Dying for Daylight technical issues here only

[Post New]by CTEnsley on Feb 22, 11 12:21 PM
LadyLark wrote:
Where I ran into an issue was on the very last cutscene that shows the showdown with the evil Vamps and the 'plague' rat being used.

That slowed down my entire computer to such a degree that I couldn't Skip out of it. The audio dialog played first then each snapshot achingly slowly came into view and crawled to its place on the screen. Took close to 5 mins for the whole thing to play out before I could can out of the scene and end the game.

sonofstar, I had the exact same problem with the final cutscene. Everything ran pretty well up until then, if you don't count the load times between scenes. I adore the bat on the splashpage, so I didn't mind that so much. I have a 4 year old machine running XP, so thought that might have been the problem with the cutscene. Since you're running Win7, that's clearly not the issue!

I don't get the cut scene at the end. I have left the alley and returned several times. The rat is sitting up on the window but nothing is happening.
The cut scene doesn't

[Post New]by jessicadaisy on Feb 22, 11 3:59 PM
I was extremely excited when I heard about this game and couldn't wait to download the trial version. I did so and everything was perfect. I had no problems whatsoever. I then decided to buy the game and ever since then I have been having one problem after another. At first, it would only run in the background. Then, it was access violations when I tried to run it as an administrator. I have uninstalled the game and reinstalled numerous times, and as of now I can't activate the game. I keep getting a 803-400 error message on BFG Manager. I have gone through all the help files and have done what users have suggested, updated EVERYTHING and the game STILL is not opening.

If I knew this game was going to be such a headache AFTER purchasing it, I would never have bought it. If someone can come up with a magical solution I'd greatly appreciate the help. I'm about to demand a refund.

cgraham83
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by cgraham83 on Feb 22, 11 8:41 PM
jessicadaisy wrote: I then decided to buy the game and ever since then I have been having one problem after another. At first, it would only run in the background. Then, it was access violations when I tried to run it as an administrator. I have uninstalled the game and reinstalled numerous times, and as of now I can't activate the game. I keep getting a 803-400 error message on BFG Manager. I have gone through all the help files and have done what users have suggested, updated EVERYTHING and the game STILL is not opening.

I have not seen the 803-804 error message. However there is a new Game Manager available...so depending on when you last updated that, the update *may* help.

As for the access violation errors...that was plaguing me as well. Here was what resolved the problem completely for me (My system is Win 7 x64 bit).

Right clicked BF Manager icon, selected properties. Click compatibility tab. Under compatibility mode, click box and select Windows Vista, Service Pack 1. While your there, click the option to "run this program as an Administrator".

For me, this was enough to eliminate the error, but not enough to open the game. Firewall getting in the way (first time this happened on any of the fishie games I've played). I'm running Norton Internet Security.

Opened Norton Internet security. Under Web option, click Settings. Choose Program Control. Change the BF Manager and Services to "Allow" (instead of auto). Next, click ADD; browse through to your games installation folder, and select the sjhhzkz EXE file. Click apply to save settings. (ensure that sjhhzkz EXE is also set to "allow", and not auto).

That resolved the problem for me once and for all!. Readme files say it's not compatible with FireFox, 3.6. so close FF prior to playing the game. I've had no problem with keeping FF open, but mentioning it just in case.

Good luck!!

Edited on 02/22/2011 at 8:43:37 PM PST

kdboo
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by kdboo on Feb 22, 11 10:37 PM
I was never able to get this game to run on my computer no matter how many times I uninstalled and re-installed and followed the other suggestions. I am not a PC expert so this can be really frustrating. I finally ended up downloading it from another game site without any problems at all and it downloaded and played without any issues..... What is it about Big Fish lately that is causing so many errors with the games not downloading or playing correctly?

[Post New]by classik24 on Feb 23, 11 2:49 AM
2008hagen wrote:I am also having trouble boarding the pirate ship.
I have experienced donrus problems.
Help!

For those who haven't managed to approach the pirate ship: make sure that you're having a hat and a flag in inventory and a password, of course. Then carefully move to the aim. Good luck!

saga21
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

[Post New]by saga21 on Feb 23, 11 10:36 AM
I was looking forward towards trying this game, but unfortunately it started "unpacking resources..."
After the first try there was 37 minutes left of the trial and I thought that it would start straight this time. It started unpacking once more and I guess there will be no time left to actually play. At least I got to try one hour of unpacking...

[Post New]by ellenjane222 on Feb 27, 11 3:20 PM
I was going to do my very first Vampire thing and it turned out to be a bogus; nothing worked right, just enough to suck one in and there you are wasting 120 minutes of perfectly good game time waiting for some Fat Bat to juice up on a litre of plasma. Not happy ixmay

[Post New]by pat705 on Mar 1, 11 12:53 PM
I am getting access violations on this game and this pc is only 3 days old. I am getting so tired of all of this that I am ready to try a different game site.

cgraham83
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by cgraham83 on Mar 2, 11 12:08 AM
pat705 wrote:I am getting access violations on this game and this pc is only 3 days old. I am getting so tired of all of this that I am ready to try a different game site.

As for the access violation errors...that was plaguing me as well. Here was what resolved the problem completely for me (My system is Win 7 x64 bit).

Right click Big Fish Manager icon, select properties. Click compatibility tab. Under compatibility mode, click box and select Windows Vista, Service Pack 1. While your there, click the option to "run this program as an Administrator". Then save your settings; and try again.

I'm pretty sure this will resolve your problem as well...

[Post New]by pegasus1219 on Mar 5, 11 4:45 AM
I have loaded this game and another game it loads fine but when I click to play it I get a blank screen. So I click on task manager and go out of it. This is the 4th game in the last two months that has done this and am getting tired of it. Just like you guys I buy alot of games and feel like I am getting the raw end of the deal. Of course I have to say that they have always made it right I would just like it to be right the first time.

DeanoD
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

[Post New]by DeanoD on Mar 6, 11 3:48 PM
Yep-- I had much of similar problems in downloading and playing this game.
But THIS one should win an award for giving me the most grief! Downloaded it, and thought the "game stub" stuff was odd for a BFG game. Played it for almost an hour and then - BANG froze solid as a hamster in January. Then, it even got BETTER!! Would NOT allow me to use the 3 finger salute to exit or close the game. Had to do a full hard shutdown. Computer would freeze within seconds of a reboot. Took me HOURS to track down the problem. Ran chdsk and found bad sectors on my HD. Luckily, they WERE repairable. Ran several AV programs that ALL seemed to indicate that this program was some kind of a trojan!! Uninstalled it, and ran my diagnostic programs to finally get an "all clear". Moral of the story: Don't trust ANY new games with extra "game stub" downloads. They will bite you on the a**!!!

judella
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by judella on Mar 11, 11 4:19 PM
I got almost to the end of Chapter 4. Now when I start the game, and click on Play, all I can get is the window that asks if I want to go to the Trophy page. I've opened and closed that, clicked on all the other options, created a new player - that gets me into the game play - and restarted twice. I can't finish the game! I don't know if its worth starting over.

[Post New]by Recalarge on Mar 15, 11 11:32 AM
When you have to dress her from selections on the screen it only shows a few articles. Help

mcurty
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,991 Posts

[Post New]by mcurty on Mar 15, 11 12:45 PM
You can scroll through several pages of clothing. I think you use the machine on the right and click the arrows on it.

grandmab3248
Herring
Herring
342 Posts

[Post New]by grandmab3248 on Mar 19, 11 10:18 PM
Since the first time I tried to download this game (see earlier post), and it said I had to change the resolution, my computer picked up a virus and crashed. I now have a new Windows 7, and it downloaded perfectly. However, after playing the free hour, I decided not to buy this game. The hokey constant dialogue was beginning to annoy me. I prefer just short comments and lots of **** findings. A good story line is also enjoyed.

grandmab3248
Herring
Herring
342 Posts

[Post New]by grandmab3248 on Apr 20, 11 3:37 PM
I can't get two of the potatos to stick to the plot. I did them one at a time, but two of them just keep dropping back into my inventory. I clicked all over that plot....no luck. Any ideas would be appreciated.

[Post New]by vincygal4 on May 15, 11 10:11 PM
For those of you who had issues getting aboard the ship in episode 4, i had the same problem. Only to figure out that i had picked the flag but didn't take it from the dispenser. So though i thought i had all the items i didn't. Go back to the flag vending machine and collect your flag, then try to board the boat again.

Bara1948
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

[Post New]by Bara1948 on Sep 3, 11 5:49 PM
Well, another game that won't play. I downloaded the game, clicked on play, watched as a bar said that it was unpacking resources, watched as the game loaded, got to the screen where it says profile, went to type in my name, and then I get the DyingForDaylightAllInOne.exe has stopped working popup. I tried five times. I really wanted to play this game; however, since it won't work properly, it's another no play preview no buy game. ::sighs:: And I was really looking forward to seeing how it was, too.

Edited on 09/03/2011 at 5:49:54 PM PST

[Post New]by tbintliff on Nov 1, 11 7:06 PM
I ecently went back to play the game a second time, as I had bought the full version and finished it and I replay all my games , I usually delte the first profile on the game and make a new one but when I click on profiles on this game it is like I pushed exit because it closes down every time so I bought a game that in reality will only let me play it once. When I clicked on the profile it is on now it says I have finished the game do I want to look at the trophies I gained. I just wish I could get this resolved.Help!

Tina B.

Post any Charlaine Harris: Dying for Daylight technical issues here only

[Post New]by antonnagel on Jan 17, 12 6:14 AM
bfgFlounder wrote:If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our <a href=http://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/app/home>Help pages</a>. Using our <a href=http://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/app/home>Help pages</a> is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

<a href="http://bigfishgames.com/help/index.html?rn=166">Frequent Crashing of Game</a>
<a href="http://bigfishgames.com/help/index.html?rn=438">Game Compatibility</a>

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our <a href=http://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/app/home>Help pages</a>, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our <a href=http://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/app/home>Help pages</a>.

**Please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking standard help with the game (ie. hints and tips), feel free to start a new thread with your question in the Game Forum.**

Go to: