Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Mystery Agency: A Vampire's Kiss

[Post New]by Valdy on Feb 19, 11 3:55 AM
I just saw the strangest thing: I installed the game just now, and when it was activated, it came up with me only having 42 minutes left of gameplay. Now, I AM assuming that this game has not been offered on BF before, so why do I only get 42 minutes of the demo? That´s a first, and no mistake...

Additional Oh my goodness... There were numbers and weird signs coming up when I started the game. I clicked on one, and my name came up. I clicked on another one, and everything was in GERMAN!! I didn´t know where to go, so I just clicked on some other button - they all have the same weird signs and numbers on them, and found the "exit" button. I exited as fast as I could.

Edited on 02/19/2011 at 5:13:41 AM PST

jamz2
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

[Post New]by jamz2 on Feb 19, 11 5:44 AM
Woulda, coulda, shoulda! Games sux! First scene, the earring, I clicked
on it numerous x, then finally got the hint. It was where I had been clicking!!
PO'D big time with this game! TRASH BIN IT!! and I like plain HOGS!!

[Post New]by zutalorwax on Feb 19, 11 5:48 AM
Wow, I stopped playing the demo after 10 minutes. The items are miniscule and difficult to see let alone find. . After clicking on an item several times, you get a hint and find out it's the item you've been clicking on the whole time. It was pretty unsatisfying.

[Post New]by aalcove on Feb 19, 11 6:59 AM
A disappointing game. Too much talk. Items were hard to find and did not always respond when clicked on. I didn't even finish the free trial

kimcol
Squid
Squid
65 Posts

[Post New]by kimcol on Feb 19, 11 7:27 AM
The game downloaded and ran fine on my old computer. It's an HOG with some spot-the-difference scenes. There was a mini game to line up the coins/roses that I kind of liked. I thought I'd at least get to do something with the map after I found all the pieces. I guess I just found them for main character so that she could put them together. The story may get better further into the game, and it might have been a little more interesting if they had shown more of the story during the trial. I don't like straight HOGs much anymore, and really don't like STDs.

Bink_In_AK
Minnow
Minnow
237 Posts

[Post New]by Bink_In_AK on Feb 19, 11 7:53 AM
I thought I posted this yesterday...

sinshack wrote:Everybody is entitled to their opinion - but nobody is entitled to be rude.

Saying that a game is "crap," "aweful," or "rubbish" because it is not the kind of game you want to play is not fair to the developers, and certainly not fair to the many gamers who do enjoy a more simple game.

And it's certainly not fair to compare it to a Collectors Edition iHOG that costs twice as much.

No, this is not a game for everyone, but this game is exactly what it is advertised to be - a straight HOG. Nothing fancy. The graphics are crisp and sharp, I haven't seen anything that could be described as "grainy" but the scene in the woods is rather monochromatic. The objects, once you find them, are usually sharp and readily identifyable as the object asked for - but yes, some of them are very tiny. Overall, though, in the hour I played, I never had to use more than one hint in any scene.

I'm still on the fence about purchasing, but I probably will since we have the $4.99 sale this weekend for members. Yes, the story could have been fleshed-out quite a bit, and I'm not too fond of talking paper dolls (the static cut-out people that slide in and out of the sides of the screen for the dialog) but it looks like it will give me a few hours of gaming at a decent price.

If you don't like it, go ahead and say you don't like it and why, and don't buy it - but please don't be nasty about it, and please don't order others not to buy or even download the game because you hated it.

I quite agree with sinshack. I'm sure the developer invested a lot of time into this game. Though I have to say, the greatest computer game ever is writing code. If you want challenge develop your own game. There are sites that will get you started.

All fishies are consumers, not arbiters of what is acceptable gaming. As a consumer you have a choice to either purchase or not. You have a right to express an opinion but to say it is rubbish, sucks, etc. doesn't sound like an opinion but rather just a rant. Without some explanation to back it up it is worthless, other than to maybe make you feel smug.

[Post New]by WiccanWoman530 on Feb 19, 11 11:19 AM
Rage74 wrote:Curious: did anybody else notice that the male character shown on the thumbnail graphic looks suspiciously like Edward Cullen?

Yes I noticed it.

I tried it and as usual "Wiccan likes it" I love FTDs (prefer that acronym better) and the graphics were clear and filled my screen on my gaming laptop. Its a buy for me to each his/her own. Demo it, you might like it.. *shrugs* I did.. then again I like plain ol HOGs.

Even if I did not.. I will never bash a game.. one I got as a DD from a well known Dev was bashed to death and I just found out they won't be making the sequel to it. So its to be continued.... never will be.

Be kind, a group of people worked very hard making a game. An "It sucks" "is crap" etc etc helps no one and is only hurtful.

Edited on 02/19/2011 at 11:20:13 AM PST

[Post New]by starpoint5 on Feb 19, 11 1:09 PM
Oh dear, oh dear! What an utterly b-o-r-i-n-g game this is. Smacks of a HOG from years ago as it's so amateurish!! I just spent 5 minutes clicking on an object that vaguely looked like a spoon (because that's what I was looking for) and eventually resorted to using the 'Hint'. Guess what? The item I was clicking on really was the spoon but it just wasn't sensitive enough to the cursor. I can think of many better ways of boring myself than wasting any more time on this inferior game!!

GONGA
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

[Post New]by GONGA on Feb 19, 11 1:26 PM
HOLY BORING BATMAN !!!!!

jillaroogirl
Minnow
Minnow
299 Posts

[Post New]by jillaroogirl on Feb 19, 11 2:04 PM
Thanks for your replies everyone...it has saved me wasting my time downloading.

wvsandy
Squid
Squid
71 Posts

[Post New]by wvsandy on Feb 19, 11 2:07 PM
Some games, right off the bat, have a certain energy about them. They grab your interest and keep you excited the whole time. Not this one. Deadly dull. I only played a few scenes before I knew that I had no interest in this game. As for the sound effects, I turned down my speakers about halfway through the first scene because the repetition became far too tedious to listen to after more than a couple of minutes.

This is a definite 'no buy, straight into the trash bin' for me.

qpr1
Clownfish
Clownfish
733 Posts

[Post New]by qpr1 on Feb 20, 11 9:10 AM
the letterbox was an immediate turn off, the game itself harks back to the first hogs several years ago. no buy here

Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
8 Posts

[Post New]by 0459 on Feb 20, 11 5:04 PM
I agree with all of these comments. I don't usually comment BUT this has to be the worse game ever

[Post New]by pepper06457 on Feb 21, 11 7:57 AM
Not for me. Items too small and scenes too dark to find anything.

bratzgram
Clownfish
Clownfish
634 Posts

No Way

[Post New]by bratzgram on Feb 21, 11 11:39 AM
In the beginning of the demo I thought this had to be a very, very old game. I played the full demo hoping it would have some redeeming quality. That was a waste of my time! The mini games are far to easy and hidden objects far to hard. As always I would like to no what happened in the story but not enough to pay for it

Sorrry BF! No buy here.

Juicey08
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

[Post New]by Juicey08 on Feb 21, 11 6:12 PM
This game did remind me of the original HOGS. I didn't care for it. Definitely a delete.

yourshannygirl
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,367 Posts

[Post New]by yourshannygirl on Feb 21, 11 7:06 PM
WolfenRaindancer wrote:Ahh, Boomer...you got it! Sometimes the dialogue is so bad, so fractured; so inane that it actually turns out to be hilarious. Guess you just have to be in a certain mindset to get that, lol. I have a side game that I play with myself when playing some of the games like this...I try to imagine the developers, how they look, what they are actually thinking, and what they are actually saying, meaning, and what actually comes out. LOL, I have a great time with dialogue like this for that reason. I also laugh when I read how bent out of shape some folks get because of it. Guess they wouldn't get my sense of humor. And I also tend to believe I am not mainstream...so, who cares. I laugh, some also laugh, and those who don't get it, get their thing elsewhere.

Ha ha ha! I had a friend who had a dog that was soooo ugly it was actually cute! This game is kinda like that...like you said the diaglogue is sooo bad it's actually funny! LOL! I kinda want to play the rest of the game just for entertainment's sake to see what kind of hilarity ensues! LOL! ha ha ha! I know it's supposed to be a serious game, but come on! It's so terrible it's kind of funny! I get what you are saying here!

padres
Guppy
Guppy
132 Posts

[Post New]by padres on Feb 23, 11 4:06 PM
I lasted all of six minutes. Very amateurishly done. Story line is meaningless as all it does is lead you from one HOG to another. A pointless experience. Developers from this company should do themselves a favor and sit down and try some of the other games on this site to see what a real game is all about.

ledheadmelli
Herring
Herring
391 Posts

[Post New]by ledheadmelli on Feb 26, 11 1:34 AM
Well, everyone has pretty much voiced my opinion of this game! I figured I'd try it out as I have a credit to use up and fill my punch card. Guess I'll keep looking.

I think the problem so many are having is that this game is juvenile compared to what we've become accustomed to. I knew within the first 10 minutes this was not to my liking, but I can see where someone like my 14 year old granddaughter might enjoy it. She loves the vampire stuff and would certainly appreciate the fact that the hero(?) resembles Edward from "Twilight" very much (to me, that is a rip-off, but whatever).

I found the hidden object scenes a bit difficult for my old eyes, not to mention the cursor is so picky about clicking the object in just the right place - seems if I touch the cane/bat/umbrella anywhere, that ought to be good enough, but it's not. I like to play w/o using hints, so having to use one, only to find out I WAS clicking the right item really ticks me off. There is a huge difference between challenging and just downright unfair - the H O scenes fall into the latter group.

Put me down as another who absolutely hates STDs. I'll tolerate a few, but this game had way too many just in the one hour demo, practically back-to-back! It got to where I would have rather had a real STD than ruin my eyes over another one of those! OK, maybe not, but they are truly aggravating to me and distract from the game.

The storyline was somewhat interesting, but probably quite predictable as well. I know I don't care enough about it to buy the game, unless perhaps as a daily deal when I need just one more punch.

If you are new to HOGs and like STDs (that whole sentence sounds all wrong ), you just might appreciate this game. But if you're enough of a fan of this genre to have played the MCF & Puppetville type games, you will probably be very disappointed with this one. It's just not on the same level as most of the ones we've been playing lately.

sonofstar
Herring
Herring
361 Posts

[Post New]by sonofstar on Feb 27, 11 4:40 PM
I played the demo and quit before time was up. Miserable is the best way I can describe it.

SPOILER ALERT!

Why is the main character hiring a detective when he does nothing and she does EVERYTHING? She'd be better off doing her own investigation without him.

The hidden objects were tiny and miserable to find. The puzzles were less than fun and I literally walked away to let the crystal ball fill up so I could skip past their multiple levels.

Absolutely won't be playing it any further or purchasing it...obviously.

Go to: