roder
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
4 Posts

Re:Post any Treasure Seekers: The Time Has Come technical issues here only

[Post New]by roder on Feb 20, 11 6:54 AM
I am having same problem get the rror message every time i played the demo bought it and now can't play it. Need a solution to the problem

[Post New]by Kitty_at_large on Feb 20, 11 7:35 AM
The Time Has Come

for BF to solve this access violation problem

[Post New]by marta41 on Feb 20, 11 7:43 AM
I am receiving the same access error as everyone else. Uninstalling and reinstalling has not worked for me. Where's the solution?

[Post New]by SHARKY_LOU on Feb 20, 11 7:52 AM
merryco wrote:Correction...it's the alarm system in the chapel that the X-glass can't find.! there is sheet music in the box to play the organ in the temple. X-glass worked just fine on the previous tasks.

i have sent you a pm with the direction to get the sheet music. didnt want to post it here, as it will be a spoiler for some

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Feb 20, 11 8:01 AM
Well, I guess there is a first for everything. Whereas I keep seeing fishies getting access violation coming up pretty regularly with their games, I never had any problems in that direction (and rarely otherwise).

However, this is the first time I actually got an access violation notice coming up. The game started all right, but when I clicked on the "Adventure" button, there it was - and I only just started the 60-minute demo.

The strange thing is, I demoed the CE version and had NO problems whatsoever. So what has been done to the SE that it brings up this access violation error?

Oh... and I am also using Windows 7, as someone else does who got the problem with the game. And I also noticed that W7 is not part of the system requirement on the main game page for this game. However, as I said, I had no problems playing the CE.

MISKAJ
Starfish
Starfish
55 Posts

[Post New]by MISKAJ on Feb 20, 11 8:10 AM
Hey it's me again. Maybe I should quit getting games? It seems I have good luck with the trials but when I download them they mess up! This is the same with Treasure Seekers The Time Has Come too. Trial played alright and I have downloaded it at least three times I think. And what happens, then it denies me access to it and goes off! Getting crazy!

[Post New]by Kitty_at_large on Feb 20, 11 8:11 AM
Valdy wrote:

The strange thing is, I demoed the CE version and had NO problems whatsoever. So what has been done to the SE that it brings up this access violation error?

Ditto! I had no problem with the CE demo. I sure hope that they fix this before the sale ends.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Feb 20, 11 8:14 AM
Kitty_at_large wrote:I sure hope that they fix this before the sale ends.

Yes, indeed. Because I am not going to buy this game - sale or no sale - if there is no guarantee that the game will be fixed.

LynneMD
Guppy
Guppy
186 Posts

[Post New]by LynneMD on Feb 20, 11 8:18 AM
More and more frequently, it looks like we're paying BFG to be beta testers for them...I'm sick and tired of having games not functioning correctly..

laraly
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
428 Posts

[Post New]by laraly on Feb 20, 11 9:00 AM
Same problem, error access, and I have wind 7!

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Feb 20, 11 9:01 AM
OK, for those of you who played the CE version without problems but got an Access Violation Error with the SE version:

I just read in one of the previous posts in this thread that if you have played the CE, you should not continue with that profile. I reinstalled the game and deleted my profile, adding a new one, and voila... it works fine.

I also remembered that the game "Echoes of the Past: The Castle of Shadows" also gave me and others problems when, after having played the CE, we couldn´t enter a certain room in the SE version. We were also advised to change our profile, which I did, and again, the game ran fine.

So I guess that some SE´s when you´ve played the CE first, don´t allow you to continue where you have stopped in the CE version.

Hope this will help some fishies.

gailweis
Guppy
Guppy
184 Posts

[Post New]by gailweis on Feb 20, 11 9:05 AM
angelfishsb wrote:BFG I am 65 and sometimes have a lapse in memory. Could I get credit for this game as I had forgotten I purchased the special edition to this game. If this is not where I can receive help regarding this issue, please tell me where to go. No, no, no don't even think about telling me where you would like me to go.

Wow, thanks for reminding me (I have those same lapses in memory)! I was just going to download when I read your post, went through my list of purchased games, and there it was - the CE!

You can contact Customer Service - I'm sure they'd be willing to help you out.

Good luck!
Gail

marypenn
Herring
Herring
314 Posts

[Post New]by marypenn on Feb 20, 11 9:20 AM
The new download, new profile, play on easy and not skip cut scenes (all suggestions on the forum) has allowed me to play to the chapel so far. I am afraid to exit the game. Has anyone been able to close the game and be able to come back in?Thanks.
m

[Post New]by TiAmo46 on Feb 20, 11 9:25 AM
Nynaeve70 wrote:If I restart with a new profile - then it works fine. However, when I have to close it out for any reason, when I click on play - I also get the access violation.....

This means to play the game I have to find the time to play all the way through without closing it out for any reason......

This is exactly what is happening to me. I played for half an hour and had to leave. Coming back I had the access violation, so I made a new profile. The game worked great until I had to quit playing an hour later. I came back now to continue where I left off and I'm getting the same access code violation. I do NOT want to start over for a third time.

[Post New]by bplittlefuse on Feb 20, 11 9:29 AM
I played the 60 minute trial with no problem but when I purchased I could not get back into the game. I kept getting an error message saying unauthorized access and the program would close. I uninstalled and re-installed 3 times with the same outcome. I notice everytime re-installed the game and went to start all over from scratch it did not ask me to put in the name of the player. It already had the name I put in when I ran the trial. If I hit play on that name I got the error message. So I put in a different name and had no problems. Played the game completely through. After completing the game I went back in and chose the first name I had started with and got the error message again. The only conclusion I can come to is when you uninstall the game, it does not completely uninstall, leaving the problem still in the first game you started.

[Post New]by smokeyjobe on Feb 20, 11 9:47 AM
I'm experiencing the same issue as many of you; Access Violation.

Fortunately I didn't download the trial until I'd read about the problems on here first. As I haven't had any issues in the past with well over 100 games played, thought I'd give it a go.

I tried the demo for about 10 minutes (got to the hall in the past) and then closed the game down. On opening the program, an Access Violation came up when loading my saved game. I deleted this account and created a new one. Played for about 5 minutes (still in the campsite area) and closed down again. When I restarted the program, the game loaded and I was able to continue, which I did for another 15 minutes or so, going further in the game than with the original username that I deleted. After closing down again, I reopened the program and tried to continue the game, and the Access Violation occurred again.

I run windows xp and DirectX has recently been updated too. Obviously I won't be buying the game until I read that this issue is being resolved.

Thank you to other players who have posted, this saved me from making a dodgy President Day special purchase.

Terri218
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,211 Posts

[Post New]by Terri218 on Feb 20, 11 10:10 AM
Thank you all for saving me the time and trouble of downloading this game.

char1132
Manatee
Manatee
4,059 Posts

[Post New]by char1132 on Feb 20, 11 10:13 AM
Tabbitha53 wrote:As soon as I hit 'Play' I get the access denied message.I have reinstalled 3 times now but still getting the same error message.

A reinstall usually fixes any games I get a problem with but sadly not this time.

Any advice gratefully recieved

ty

tabby

oo

me too access denied soon as I hit play BOO i am using Windows Vista IE9

Edited on 02/20/2011 at 10:17:02 AM PST

[Post New]by Kitty_at_large on Feb 20, 11 10:23 AM
Valdy wrote:OK, for those of you who played the CE version without problems but got an Access Violation Error with the SE version:

I just read in one of the previous posts in this thread that if you have played the CE, you should not continue with that profile. I reinstalled the game and deleted my profile, adding a new one, and voila... it works fine

So I guess that some SE´s when you´ve played the CE first, don´t allow you to continue where you have stopped in the CE version.

Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU

This fix works. I deleted my Time has Come profile, started the game and made a new one. Viola. I exited and restarted 3 times to make sure that it was fixed - it was

I run Windows 7 and found the location of my profile by searching for Artogon. Searching for Treasure Seekers does not bring it up

I had 3 folders in there I deleted Treasure Seekers The Time Has Come folder. I just deleted the whole folder (not to worry a new one will be made when you play again.)

I found my profile in this location. be sure to input your name

Users\name\AppData\Roaming\Artogon\

[Post New]by daughtroftheking on Feb 20, 11 11:03 AM
I also am having problems with access violation using windows vista. I did the free trial with no problems and used game credit to purchase game. im hoping i can get a refund and buy something else as i cant play.
I have also uninstalled and reinstalled with no help. upgraded direct x ect.

Go to: