Mata Hari

prpldva
Zebrafish
Zebrafish
48,548 Posts

Re:Mata Hari

[Post New]by prpldva on Dec 12, 08 7:26 PM
HighlandMax wrote:For Katbear50....hope I got that right......anyhow, you must go to the second view of the room to steam the cabinet glass, it will not work in the first shot of the room. I too am having problems here. I get the numbers but now what to do with them????????????????

You have to steam all 6 doors- then use the key to open them in numerical order

ADTech
Herring
Herring
374 Posts

[Post New]by ADTech on Dec 12, 08 9:18 PM
My wife and I are now on level 11 and have had no problems so far. I agree with a previous comment that once you you get used to the game format it becomes a lot easier to play and very enjoyable. Dress up part could have been deleted, I let my wife do this part as I felt a little uncomfortable doing it. Overall it is a good game, two thumbs up here.

gemmabloom
Starfish
Starfish
40 Posts

[Post New]by gemmabloom on Dec 12, 08 10:41 PM
tuakka wrote:Hi All,

I bought the Mata Hari game this morning and already finished it 2x (first in easy mode, then replayed it again in hard mode). Once I understood what it is I was supposed to do, I really enjoyed it a lot. It's not a typical HO game, and it has a good amount of logical puzzles to solve. My only complaint is that it was too short of a game. If you're contemplating whether or not to buy it.....I say go for it!

I bought it too right after I played the demo. I love it. The puzzles are not gimmes, but they're do-able, and at least the Help button will tell you how they work. I love the story line, think it's cute as heck. I almost never buy a game right out of the demo, usually wait till I have a credit and then choose from among several. But I jumped on this. I like games to be a diversion, not my life's work. This fits the bill.

gemmabloom
Starfish
Starfish
40 Posts

[Post New]by gemmabloom on Dec 12, 08 10:43 PM
nancymor51 wrote:Has anyone figured out the pipe puzzle? I have rearranged many ways but with no success. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.

Look at the bands on the pipes and the number of little dots.

[Post New]by OnWisconsin on Dec 12, 08 10:57 PM
Poodlebear wrote:
minxs wrote:Where do you get a game mouse??? That sounds like something I could use! Christmas is coming, la la, la la...

I pursonally use a Logitech G5 Laser Mouse "The Gamer's Choice" (at least according to the box ) It has 3 speeds (which are programmable) for your cursor and you can just click through them, slow, med, and fast. I had to do this on Azada 2 I remember, as well as this one. It also has 2 extra programmable buttons besides the usual 2 (so far only use those in World of Warcraft) and the click on the wheel. It also came with a set of weights you can put into a little recepticle beneath, but I think that's getting a bit nuts qand I like my mice(?) very light so don't use them.

If you google "gamer mouse" you'll see lots of places to check many out. I highly recommend reading reviews a Cnet or wherever. And expect to pay some money. Oh, another thing, don't play games with wireless if any kind of response time is needed.

Hi Poodlebear...I have to disagree about wireless. I use a wireless mouse, and it is fantastic. I got so tired of the cords..I still have one cord for the battery on the laptop, and that drives me crazy. But wireless mouse (I have one of the newer logtech (in pretty colors)), and it is working great. Make sure that you get a wireless that has an on/off switch or you will be unplugging the "thing" in your usb port, or you will be replacing batteries by the dozens. This is my 2nd wireless, and I like this one the best, and both were log tech. I also agree about checking out c/net and PC World for reviews. This mouse was only about $19.00..,.good value.

I have not yet attached it yet to my laptop, but HP has a unit that turns your printer into wireless. Can't wait to try it. Cost about $60 which was much cheaper than a new wireless printer. I am using the wireless router that cost me over $100 from Direct TV (satelitte). My older computer is still sitting here, with all of the many, many cords. This is much more satisfying!!!

OnWI

[Post New]by OnWisconsin on Dec 12, 08 10:58 PM
Gosh..I got so carried away with the mouse, I forgot the game. I, too, have up when I had to dress Mata Hari. And I was really looking forward to this. I think this is more of an adventure/puzzle game, and I am not good at these games. Delete I did. Glad lots of you are enjoying it though. Nite

[Post New]by OnWisconsin on Dec 12, 08 11:16 PM
This is apparently my time to post....Just a note to say THANKS TO SCOTCAT for the history of Mata Hari. I love history, and appreciated your input.

[Post New]by nykelli1843 on Dec 13, 08 5:28 AM
Wasn't too thrilled with it. Hated the cursor shaped like a feather (or whatever is was), and the constant "click to continue". Also, not fond of silhoutte type objects. Think RTR spoiled me too much and I've now became jaded about games!

prpldva
Zebrafish
Zebrafish
48,548 Posts

[Post New]by prpldva on Dec 13, 08 4:20 PM
xplex wrote:
cyndidd wrote:I have tried, very unsuccessfully, to download this game. All I can see when I try to play it is a gray scree. Well, let me back up a sec. I click "play now" on Big Fish, it loads. I see a bedroom, then a blue screen, a black screen, and finally a gray screen with the "Play, Puzzles, Exit" choices. Thsi is the only game I have this prob with. I've played almost every Nancy Drew game, almost every MCF game, a lot of games, no problems. Until this one. And I really wanted to play it

Just FWIW... Mine gets stuck on the bedroom screen you mention -- not even the blue, black or grey screens, and no buttons. And I can't Alt-Tab or Ctrl-Alt-Delete out of it, either -- I have to do a hard restart on the whole machine. This happened twice, so I figured I look here to see if anyone else was encountering problems. I've played lots of Big Fish games, without probs... so, who knows...

Hi Xplex- welcome to the forums!

Sorry you are having trouble playing. You should contact tech support- they will be able to help you.

gameslvr
Clownfish
Clownfish
553 Posts

[Post New]by gameslvr on Dec 14, 08 3:25 PM
Didn't like this game at all. The pace was very slow moving and it was frustrating to always "click to continue, click to continue" Drove me nuts. I deleted it after about 15 minutes.

GoddessOdd
Lobster
Lobster
99 Posts

[Post New]by GoddessOdd on Dec 16, 08 7:44 PM
I give this game about 2 of 5 stars. I found this incredibly tedious...constantly, CONSTANTLY having to "click to continue" endless dialogue, It stopped being fun about 5 minutes in, and only got worse. Uninstalled after 15 minutes.

MinkDoe
Guppy
Guppy
179 Posts

Help in Part 3, the hookah in the cabinet?

[Post New]by MinkDoe on Dec 30, 08 3:08 PM
Ok... first, I have ready every SINGLE post here..... gives me lots of help in playing the game, which I just downloaded today.
It looks like my cup of tea.

I see that another person asked the same question, but go no answer....... thats not like you fishies!! no, not at all!! it isn't!!

Can someone help me?? The only thing left in the green room (part3) is a hookah. I have all the other objects. The hookah
outline is in pink, and she says "I think I need something"????? I have NO clue!! How do I know???? I have a feeling this is
going to happen repeatedly, and I don't know what to do, or how to go about it.

Help please??? fishiess???/ ohhhhhhhh fishiessssssssssss

prpldva
Zebrafish
Zebrafish
48,548 Posts

[Post New]by prpldva on Dec 30, 08 4:00 PM
To get the hookah, you need to replace the pipes in the cabinet on the left..near the bridge

[Post New]by sherrylmarshall on Jan 5, 09 11:57 AM
I'am stuck in the 4th scene. I found everything except the piece or german map.
Nothing sparkles and it says I found everything and to look on another scene.
What do I do? Or maybe it is a glitch in the game. Anybody else have trouble?

sherrylmarshall

[Post New]by appleploughman on Jan 5, 10 12:05 AM
Poodlebear wrote:
MintyCuppcake wrote:Anyway, I'm stuck in Mata Hari! I'm down in the secret cellar (after speaking with the butler) waving the lighter around like a mad woman trying to figure out what to do next. What do I do?! Please help!

There is a lantern on the wall, about mid-screen if I recall correctly, maybe a little to the right? If you drag your lighter to it it will light the room.

The mini-game puzzle for this room was one of the hardest for me to figure out what to do and I looked at the instructions, which I avoided doing when at all possible cuz I liked figuring out what to do myself. Words to live by: Click Everything and watch what happens! That one I needed a little help.

THANK YOU! THANK YOU ! THANK YOU!

Go to: