moonryu
Guppy
Guppy
195 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for: Cave Quest

[Post New]by moonryu on Mar 15, 11 9:39 AM
This is a fun game. It is a very nice balanced playable game.
Hidden Objects, Match 3s (I like the directional shifts, that was very clever), make / fix things (mini games things), even the little spirit battle (that was very clever too -- fun).

Overall one of the best games I have played to date. If the company makes another one like this I will buy it.

thank you.

[Post New]by michnative2 on Mar 18, 11 7:13 AM
I absolutely LOVE this game, like the others that made comments I too will buy anything this company puts out. I have played a lot of games and this one is the best!! Do another one Cave Quest people I am nearly done with this one!!

dogfish12
Stingray
Stingray
4,579 Posts

Re:Cave Quest Comments and Reviews

[Post New]by dogfish12 on Mar 30, 11 10:23 AM
belamba wrote:I LOVE this M3 game! Has everything you could wish for! Untimed option, variety of scenes inc HOG, interesting gameplay, map to navigate with, custom cursor flows smoothly and more interesting that many M3 games!
Will look out for more games from these devs.....
And thanks BFGs for the special prices :-))

Edited to say that when I found you had to beat monsters to continue in the game, I found that extremely irritating. First two matches weren't that difficult, but after an hour of trying to beat it in the 3rd challenge I've given up on this game!
It's like watching paint dry over and over again! Without this stupid challenge, I give the game 5 stars!

This is the only reason I am not buying-I am a rare match 3 player and I play untimed so defeating something just doesn't make it. Maybe why I loved Jewel Match 3...

knopix
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by knopix on Mar 30, 11 10:39 AM
dogfish12, the game already has a timed and untimed modes.

See thread: "UPDATE! New version available for Cave Quest! February 22, 2011"

jellow10
Guppy
Guppy
160 Posts

[Post New]by jellow10 on Mar 31, 11 7:36 PM
I am having SOOOOO much fun playing this game. I had demoed it when it first came out and finished the trial but didn't buy (don't remember why). But today I wanted to fill a punch card so I tried it again on a different computer and guess what? I bought it! It is absolutely addicting. There are so many different things going on--searches, M3, fighting opponents, and more. And I don't have to worry about a timer if I don't want to. I keep looking at the clock and saying "Why am I still playing?" And then I go another round. I can't wait to get back to it tomorrow. If you haven't tried it yet, DO!

Dialogue
Minnow
Minnow
202 Posts

[Post New]by Dialogue on Apr 1, 11 3:04 PM
I just finished the game and I enjoyed it so much. I buy very few match 3's because of the timers and boredom. I didn't have to play with a timer and I never got bored even though it took me three days to finish the game. It probably took me over fifteen hours to play but I used very few of the special items in the match 3 boards. I like creating matches without help whenever I can. Now I have to look for more match 3's like this one. Does anyone know of any?

I give this game

[Post New]by smileyleeann on Apr 18, 11 6:26 AM
I usually stick with the HOG games, but for some reason I demo'd this game, and I love it. I purchased it a couple months ago, and have probably played through it 5 or 6 times.

I tried looking at the company that made it, and there's only one other game I could find by them, and it seems very different.

CAN ANYONE RECOMMEND A GAME SIMILAR TO CAVE QUEST?

I really liked it, and want to find other games to play.

Thanks,

EDIT: I just went back and read through the comments and found 8 new games to demo, and also went back and looked at a couple games I tried awhile ago. Glad this forum is here. Thanks,

Just out of curiosity, does anyone else have an excel spreadsheet going to keep track of BF games? In one year, I have demo'd, and that can be 5 min to the full hour, 633 games. I feel so weird.

Edited on 04/19/2011 at 9:51:56 AM PST

[Post New]by Beck_Fish on May 29, 11 3:18 PM
Just wanted to add my vote to those who said this game was too short.

It was a fun game, with some unique gameplay. But it really did feel too short. I felt kinda cheated.

RyeMcLaughlin
Stingray
Stingray
4,659 Posts

[Post New]by RyeMcLaughlin on Jul 4, 11 8:13 PM
Very fun game. Usually I play Match 3 games for just a few levels and then go on to play something else, but I could not stop playing this one. Shorter than your average Match 3, but if this had been a HOG I would have been very happy with the length.

Something for everyone in this one.

kelsie2
Guppy
Guppy
171 Posts

[Post New]by kelsie2 on Jul 20, 11 1:17 PM
Yes Rye I agree I keep a couple of match three games to play when I have a few spare minutes as I also get bored with them after a few rounds.. but this was different and I have played it to the end I will now play again with the timer more M3 like this please thanks devs

Liasmani
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
19,504 Posts

[Post New]by Liasmani on Aug 9, 11 10:46 AM
Graphics – 3 stars
Story – 2.5 stars
Music/Sounds – 3 stars
Gameplay – 3 stars
Overall – 2.875 stars

My ratings of games can be high as 5 and can be low as 1.

Ratings Explained:

1 star: Poor
2 stars: Okay
3 stars: Good
4 stars: Great
5 stars: Excellent

I won’t be purchasing this game at all. For those who did – Happy Gaming!

[Post New]by tinken on Nov 6, 11 6:27 AM
Hey y'all....does anyone know if there's a walkthru for cave quest? I R stuck!!!!!LOL

HondaTrike
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

[Post New]by HondaTrike on Jan 5, 12 1:31 AM
I am 60 years old, and I really like this game. Yes, it seems kinda "young" but I am really enjoying it. I have begun playing Match 3 games. I also would like to know of another game similar to Cave Quest. I am getting burnt out on HOG games. I love them, and will continue to buy, but it seems they are all becoming the same type game. Always doors to unlock (find key first), unlock chests, dig up something, spooky type atmosphere (which is fine with me), but this game Cave Quest I got started playing and just had a great time with it. It's a lot of Match 3, but you also have items you accumulate through the Match 3 games to unlock another room, etc. It is a different type Match 3, and I'd like another one like it.
There are so many good adventure games I see coming out, but seems like there just aren't any good adventure games. I like HOG yes, but I'd like to see more adventure games come out. I recommended one I saw posted on another game site, but it still has yet to arrive here. I've been a member of Big Fish for over a year, and don't want to change, but I'd sure like to see something different. As for Cave Quest, it's cute, you can sit back and enjoy it. I hate timed games, this one is not timed. Actually believe there is a timed mode but I chose relaxed mode.

[Post New]by pnutter on Jan 19, 12 11:55 AM
This is a great game!!

Most match 3 games are not really that interesting. (You match 3 items and get more points.) This one has a story with mystery attached. Its a great mix of hog and match three with the challenge of making matches to serve a purpose. Great for the 10 and older age group. I will definitely buy this one. I will play it more than once. I had such fun playing it I downloaded the trial twice. because for me in this economy I won't buy a game if I'm only going to play it once.

[Post New]by Fuzzyace on May 27, 12 9:32 AM
How do you not get thrown out of the Ghost King room?

katymax
Guppy
Guppy
110 Posts

[Post New]by katymax on Oct 10, 12 6:32 AM
Funnest game ever!!!!

merediffy
Guppy
Guppy
108 Posts

[Post New]by merediffy on Nov 19, 12 6:40 AM
I absolutely LOVE this game! I played it to the end yesterday and I was playing all day. I just couldn't help myself. It's so addicting!

Now that I've played it, I'm spoiled and can't find another M3 game I want. All the rest seem ridiculous. This one is the cream of the crop.

Yaelle
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,317 Posts

My 2nd ever M3 game (out of 200+ games) and I love

[Post New]by Yaelle on Feb 19, 13 6:39 AM
I am very impressed. I just realized that I've been playing this game for a couple of weeks here & there - I just looked and I am only 1/3rd of the way done. This is all I've ever asked for in a game. Pretty much. Well, that and that it not be all about searching for a list of items. And exactly identical to thousands of other games that are spewed out like so many identical grains of rice. Its why I dont have a membership to any gaming sites any longer. But...I do still search for a good game now & then in hopes that it will
a. be nice & long
b. have some actual effort put into it
c. hopefully be more than just a list of stuff to stare for

This game is great so far. And I dont even play match 3s. I dont necessarily plan on beginning either. This is just a nice diversion.

[Post New]by lsjaboard on Feb 26, 13 5:34 AM
Although a match 3 game, which are often boring, this one is anything but because it follows a story without too much talking text, also boring, and there are other puzzles to fathom. Even the match 3 tasks are different from the usual type.

It's so good to be able to try a game before buying it. This is Big Fish's major unique selling proposition. It works, I tried Cave Quest HD yesterday ( a quiet unbusy day), did it then bought it - it was worth it. I played all, yes all day! It is one of the best BF games Iv played. Even the music is cool without being obtrusively 'in your ears' as it were.

I want another game similar - any ideas please?

Cave Quest

[Post New]by Cougar1997 on Feb 27, 13 1:46 PM
I am stuck with the Queen who wants a special thing from our world ...can you help PLEASE I just love the game until now ...Thanks so much to the person who will help Irene

Go to: