Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Soul Journey

[Post New]by smokeyjobe on Mar 4, 11 11:59 AM
Whilst I like the game, I found the gameplay during the demo way too easy.

I experienced no issues with loading the game. The hint button has a fast recharge, and you can read dialogue at your own speed and click the dialogue bubble when you want to move on.

I agree with other fishies that it's good to have a variation from the typical hog storyline, which this has. I just wish it was a bit more demanding.

Searching for items was very quick. Everything appears to be well placed/hidden, but apart from a couple of dollar notes, I didn't need to use the hint button and passed through each search screen in a couple minutes at most. I don't try to race throught a game, just couldn't seem to help it with this one. I managed to fully play through 8 different characters and I believe there's another 7 or 8 to go. This suggests that if I bought the game I'd get maybe another hour out of it.

Considering the excellent value for money that other games provide, this one is just way too short and easy for me.

I'd buy it in a daily deal, but I don't think it's worth the standard bigfish member price when comparing it to other games available.

thebud1
Squid
Squid
72 Posts

[Post New]by thebud1 on Mar 5, 11 4:03 PM
this game was JUST too silly for me. first you are a dog, then a bird, I didn't finish it, I'd rather find a more exciting game to buy..from the advertisement, I was hoping this was going to be a mystery of some sort,

[Post New]by mostly_nameless on Mar 5, 11 8:40 PM
It might have been fun if the hidden objects weren't so tiny, hard to see, and sometimes poorly placed. On my monitor, a lot of those things are tiny. And, some are so close to the edges, you can't really see them (like the cat on the roof).

Plus, it just didn't grab me.

Might buy it some day on a DD special and play it with a magnifying glass. Might not.

[Post New]by kristie83 on Mar 5, 11 9:07 PM
The game was...decent...I was expecting a more morbid theme so I was a bit disappointed with it being so light-hearted. It was long and like others have said the hint system was very generous.

The one thing though, that pulled the whole game down for me was the HORRIBLE TRANSLATION! Really! They couldn't find anybody to do a better job than that?! Do they think we're that dumb and won't notice? They really need to fire the person in charge of translation, it was just terrible. It took away from the game. There were some hidden objects that weren't even named properly, like in the last level band aids were called "plasters."

Frogmort
Manatee
Manatee
3,812 Posts

[Post New]by Frogmort on Mar 9, 11 1:32 AM

re plot: isn't this "Heaven can Wait"?

...or at least inspired by...

[Post New]by CURLDEB on Mar 9, 11 3:35 PM
This is the worst game I've played on Big Fish yet. I started out thinking it was interesting & bought it when the 1 hour trial was up. Then it turned out to not be very challenging at all & the English was terrible. "Plaster" means "bandage?," "mouth a tube" means "put a straw into?", "music plates" means "records?" There were twice this many translation problems, but I'll stop there. Big Fish needs to test its games before it puts them on its website for purchase. Just horrible!

Leemo
Herring
Herring
309 Posts

[Post New]by Leemo on Mar 11, 11 1:17 PM
Refreshing change of storyline and I would love to be able to finish it BUT I can't see the objects. Having to use 2 or 3 hints in each scene is not my way to enjoy a game. I suppose I could wait until the objects actually appear in the scene but I don't have the patience.

mcurty
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,991 Posts

[Post New]by mcurty on Mar 14, 11 6:32 PM
I enjoyed this game. It is light-hearted and bright with many different ideas throughout. The gameplay is mostly HOG with a few interactive items. The map to change locations was easy to use and the hints helped throughout the game. I'm glad there were unlimited hints and they recharged fast because I was sometimes totally at a lost as to what to do. The hint system, however, led me to the next step.

I like games where you find several of one item and this game had a few scenes like that. The music was fun and the graphics easy on the eyes. The game held together as the H0 scenes were consistent with the character "body" that you currently inhabited.

The non-standard English naming of objects did not bother me. I rather enjoy the unique translations for items. I find it interesting to see what others may have as names for items. However, the bandage/plasters did confuse me a bit.

Overall a fun play for some relaxing time with an angel.

chrisooo6
Squid
Squid
62 Posts

[Post New]by chrisooo6 on Mar 17, 11 5:22 PM
i found this game so good ,i realy enjoyed it i bought and now my husband is playing it ,i hope he will enjoy it to , keep up the good work , chris sydney australie xxxx

chrisooo6
Squid
Squid
62 Posts

[Post New]by chrisooo6 on Mar 17, 11 5:22 PM
i found this game so good ,i realy enjoyed it i bought and now my husband is playing it ,i hope he will enjoy it to , keep up the good work , chris sydney australie xxxx

chrisooo6
Squid
Squid
62 Posts

[Post New]by chrisooo6 on Mar 17, 11 5:23 PM

Carolest
Squid
Squid
78 Posts

[Post New]by Carolest on Mar 19, 11 7:10 AM
It took 8 minutes of my trial to load the game to get to the opening scenes. Then it started to load again....I lost patience and deleted it!
I can't be bothered playing a game where all you do is wait for it to load.
Waste of time!

Slavicdiva
Guppy
Guppy
176 Posts

[Post New]by Slavicdiva on Mar 22, 11 6:53 PM
Based on the other reviews I read here, I really, really wanted to like this game...but it's just not my cuppa joe.

The premise is very cute, but I didn't care for the game mechanics. Then again, I am more of a fan of iHOGs and FROGS than straight HOGs. I found straight-HOG scene after straight-HOG scene quite tedious, and I had to use the hint far more often than I cared to. That said, the hint system is exceedingly generous!

Then again, maybe I am just tired after a very long day at work - but I just wasn't able to get into this game.

Glad there are so many of you who liked it - enjoy! And happy gaming.

babbydoll1201
Minnow
Minnow
281 Posts

[Post New]by babbydoll1201 on Mar 27, 11 10:07 AM
Well , i do know that i will not be buying this game...it wasnt that bad but it just didnt grab my attention really...it did have some cute moments but ...i am going to pass one this one....

[Post New]by dolores3355 on Mar 27, 11 11:47 AM
MILLIE31651 wrote:( PLEASE FORGIVE THE ALL CAPS. I HAVE VISION PROBLEMS AND CANNOT SEE THE SMALL PRINT. THANK YOU. )

AS FOR THIS GAME, I AM DEFINITELY GOING TO BUY IT! I TRULY ENJOYED IT. THERE IS NO TIMER, AND VIRTUALLY UNLIMITED HINTS. ( JUST WHAT WE OLD FOGIES NEED. HA! HA! )

THANKS BIG FISH FOR SUCH A LOVELY GAME. YOU'RE THE GREATEST COMPANY OUT THERE!!!!

[Post New]by dolores3355 on Mar 27, 11 11:52 AM
dear millie, i have vision problems too, but i love hog soooo much i buy them anyway and struggle through them. this one doesn't seem to be too hard so i will probably buy it! PS: got an eye doctor's appointment thursday morning! LOL!!!!

Tikatoy
Minnow
Minnow
269 Posts

[Post New]by Tikatoy on Apr 2, 11 5:06 PM
Thought this game was cute at first and so I bought it, but it got pretty repetitive. It's easy, the graphics aren't that great and music/sound effects are also just okay. It's not a bad game--I did like it enough to finish playing.

This premise was done much better in the Reincarnations series and there's quite a few incorrect/obscure words in the hidden object list (for those of you particular about that). There's also several places where the UK word for an object is used instead of the American word (e.g. plaster instead of band-aid, or torch instead of flashlight). I grew up learning UK English so I didn't have a problem with that, but others might.

kenneve
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

[Post New]by kenneve on Apr 4, 11 7:11 AM
This is not my type of game. Very boring, repetetive and almost childish. Not a favorite of mine. I just wish I tried it before I bought it. Give me MCFiles and others like that.

[Post New]by justjdub on Apr 5, 11 8:12 AM
yayyay wrote:Well, I actually liked this game, but did anyone have trouble, when you get back to his body in the hospital? I get to where you find the elements, but then it keeps telling me to "do something in other location", and I can't. It only has two locations and one of them you cannot go to. So, the last element I cannot get to finish the game. I have know clue what to do! I'm so stuck! Any help here people?

Same here. guess were done!!!!!!!!!!

[Post New]by Schatzchenpus on Apr 11, 11 1:22 AM
I have a problem at the hospital to. i have found a orange test tube at left cabin but cant pick it up. is it the right one or is it bug. plz answer love schatzchen

Go to: