abuscher
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Margrave: The Curse of the Severed Heart Collector's Edition

[Post New]by abuscher on Mar 3, 11 3:06 PM
Except for the chick with the killer body. Margrave Manor II The Lost ship totally sucked. You just kept goin round to the same rooms over and over and over again lookin for senseless objects. This game, Curse of the Severed Heart is 100 per cent better. I already bought it and I rarely by collector edition games. What the heck, I got my tax refund and I'm splurging. Also really enjoyin the game.

lvfao
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
499 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Margrave: The Curse of the Severed Heart Collector's Edition

[Post New]by lvfao on Mar 3, 11 3:29 PM
i was hesitant at first, opening scenes seemed childish and sophomoric, but fortunately a click moves it all along very nicely. background music is just plain annoying, but since we all have volume controls that is ok too.
hog scenes are difficult. that is a good thing, imo. graphics are pretty good and the story line so far (have 5 min left on demo) is keeping my interest...if u have ever read my posts prior, u will know how easily bored i get.
not thrilled about another ce, but it seems anymore most of the good ones are...
played margrove manor back in the day, was underwhelmed with it. this is already better.
as far as length is concerned, don't know. i don't speed-play, rarely skip puzzles and try to avoid hint/sg. plus i can't sit for hours doing any one thing...guess it's a buy for me since i have finished dark parables, maestro, etc. will get back on my take...

lvfao
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
499 Posts

[Post New]by lvfao on Mar 3, 11 3:53 PM
Corie60 wrote:
WolfenRaindancer wrote: And I have a question for y'all who love this type of game...do you ever hesitate to go straight to the sparkling hidden object part when you enter an area, and take the time to look around first? I always do as I get that creepy feeling, like when you are watching a scary movie, and someone goes straight to the thing they have been searching for and then there is something evil or bad in the room with them...know what I mean? So I just make sure I look first and then sorta creep into the hog scene. Nothing has ever happened but I just wondered if anyone else feels the same, lol. By the way, this game, to me, if far superior to the first two... for those of you on the fence.

This really made me laugh because I ALWAYS do the same thing. And it has served me well. Nothing has been able to sneak up on me . The more we are different the more we are the same eh?

@ WolfenRaindancer & Corie60....we must have watched some of the same movies...i always check the area before going to the sparkles. and i will never go down into the dark basement to check out a noise...lol

VTCT
Clownfish
Clownfish
591 Posts

[Post New]by VTCT on Mar 3, 11 4:14 PM
Now you are on the right track. This is the type of games I like sure hope that there are plenty more of this type in the pipe line. The graphics where great and I like the story line. There are others like this out there & know you will do your best to get them especially the CE's. They are worth the little extra money and convince that you don't have to stop the game & look through the walkthrough. Some of **** should really be put on under the young adult becasue the story line & how you find the objects are boring. I like when you have to interact the items or put 2 or more items together. I don/'t mind them being long either.

Again keep this type coming & I will buy always.

xxybcc
Guppy
Guppy
152 Posts

[Post New]by xxybcc on Mar 3, 11 4:34 PM
I can't get into this one! The voice of the character is annoying to me. I might buy it if it wasn't a CE, but I don't feel this is worth the extra money. Almost every other CE was awesome. My opinion is only that, mine. I wish all who purchase it a great time. Big Fish has put out some great games in the last couple of weeks, I hope this trend continues. Have fun fishes!

LostForever
Minnow
Minnow
262 Posts

[Post New]by LostForever on Mar 3, 11 4:39 PM
Yes, the graphics were great and the music was good. But the story line, making potions and the repeating of dream cards was something I could not get into, trashed it after 30 minutes of demo. Not CE material in my book. Its a no buy for me.

Penguin29
Herring
Herring
363 Posts

[Post New]by Penguin29 on Mar 3, 11 4:42 PM
Playing in expert mode. did not need a walkthrough. Was a gosh darn great game.
We need more like this, Mortimer B., and Dire Grove.

Jadakiss2000
Minnow
Minnow
209 Posts

[Post New]by Jadakiss2000 on Mar 3, 11 4:49 PM
YES!! I have been waiting for what seems like an eternity for this one! I beta'd it a while ago and now it is finally here! I really enjoyed this game during the test and was quite disappointed when it ended. I can't wait to get back to it.

tofinofish
Shark
Shark
13,738 Posts

[Post New]by tofinofish on Mar 3, 11 5:50 PM
enjoyed the demo, a buy for me. Nice graphics another good game.

qpr1
Clownfish
Clownfish
733 Posts

[Post New]by qpr1 on Mar 3, 11 5:54 PM
way too much yap, the girls voice is beyond irritating. could'nt get into it!

sixmilecoss
Guppy
Guppy
134 Posts

[Post New]by sixmilecoss on Mar 3, 11 6:05 PM
sry, this is a no buy for me. i only had time to play about 30 min before i had to go somewhere and when i got a chance to go back and finish, it started me from the beginning. so I would have wasted the rest of the trial time to get back to where I was.

birdie5
Clownfish
Clownfish
559 Posts

[Post New]by birdie5 on Mar 3, 11 6:30 PM
Have played for 45 minutes and am really enjoying this game. Love the scenery and the story line to clear the shadow locks. Enjoyed the spirit card games and agree with another poster that they are logical, and therefore solvable. I found the hidden object scenes had some degree of difficulty where the longer you peruse through the picture, the more items you identify. I was also impressed with the strategy guide as it is more of a narrative, with trivia and general information about the game, than the usual “do this” list. Definite buy for me!

yourshannygirl
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,367 Posts

[Post New]by yourshannygirl on Mar 3, 11 6:39 PM
peglegann wrote:
jennsmom wrote:
peglegann wrote:OK! I just HAVE to ask! How do most people say inVENTory? I live in England and had not noticed this but I do tend to read and click to go to the next sentence
Come on everyone, spell it out for me please, I HAVE to know now!!LOL!

I don't live in England, but I watch a lot of British movies and BritComs...does that count?

I pronounce the word INventory (don't know how to do accent marks). I've never heard it pronounced any other way.

I have been trying to say it in my head and I think I say "inventree" with no accent on anything but I have said it to myself so many times that it now sounds like a silly word altogether! Thanks jennsmom for the reply

Ha ha ha! Glad to see that I wasn't the only one this was bothering! LOL! I was wondering how my British friends REALLY say it!

[Post New]by WolfenRaindancer on Mar 3, 11 6:58 PM
@ WolfenRaindancer & Corie60....we must have watched some of the same movies...i always check the area before going to the sparkles. and i will never go down into the dark basement to check out a noise...lol

Ooh, I hate basements...all the spooky stuff is down there. A little bit better with attics...all kinds of good stuff, except for spiders of course. I am really quite pleased to find out I am not alone in what I thought was a quirky thing, lol. Those movies have had quite a lasting effect on us, haven't they

And as for the word inVENTory...I am thinking it was a non-english speaker, who knows how to say inVENT...and thought that you say it that way and add ory at the end. I don't let the fractured English bother me most of the time...I just laugh at it. But I also laugh at those old foreign films with english dubbed in...the words they came up with to try and match the facial expressions, and voice movements. Oh off on another laughing tangent here

Edited on 03/03/2011 at 7:02:14 PM PST

[Post New]by hookedonHOG on Mar 3, 11 8:42 PM
I finished the game in about 4 or 5 hours plus an extra hour for bonus/ usually dont have sound on in games but the music was wonderful so i kept it on. I am not sure it was a great CE game didnt have to use SG pretty much able to figure things out by going back and forth the mini games or the games used to get into other doors were great and new and not the same as any i have played before. Worth the buy when you want to spend the day on one game and not an hour or so on others. Plus it didnt have any spot the difference (STD) which i hate

This is a great game

patkerash
Starfish
Starfish
48 Posts

[Post New]by patkerash on Mar 3, 11 8:57 PM
I find this game to be a bit on the boring side. Don't care for the grainy type of graphics. I just don't seem to be able to get into this one. A definate NO BUY for me.

ember89
Flounder
Flounder
2,103 Posts

[Post New]by ember89 on Mar 3, 11 9:03 PM
posting without reading...

liked the game, but not enough to seriously consider a purchase... i didn't feel that it was up to CE ... felt like i was just playing the next *whatever* game to come out... mind you, the game is good and i will pick it up when it comes out as an SE, but for now, i will hold onto my money to finance the next fix

one note i will make is that the artwork in this game is wonderful and definitely shows how these developers have worked very hard to improve on their style as artists... that said, i am glad that there takers on this CE and people who solidly support the men behind the games!

ember89
Flounder
Flounder
2,103 Posts

[Post New]by ember89 on Mar 3, 11 9:07 PM
lvfao wrote:
Corie60 wrote:
WolfenRaindancer wrote: And I have a question for y'all who love this type of game...do you ever hesitate to go straight to the sparkling hidden object part when you enter an area, and take the time to look around first? I always do as I get that creepy feeling, like when you are watching a scary movie, and someone goes straight to the thing they have been searching for and then there is something evil or bad in the room with them...know what I mean? So I just make sure I look first and then sorta creep into the hog scene. Nothing has ever happened but I just wondered if anyone else feels the same, lol. By the way, this game, to me, if far superior to the first two... for those of you on the fence.

This really made me laugh because I ALWAYS do the same thing. And it has served me well. Nothing has been able to sneak up on me . The more we are different the more we are the same eh?

LOL i am so with you guys!! cheers!

lorilolo33
Starfish
Starfish
46 Posts

[Post New]by lorilolo33 on Mar 4, 11 12:28 AM
Bought it and finished it in about 2 hours. Very dissappointing. Too short a game and to much talking scenes without being able to click through to speed up, Dissappointed that i spent the money on it. should have waited. don't even know if i would have bought it if it was on sale for 2.99!!! Oh well, this is a first for me on the CE Editions...normally they're very good.

[Post New]by good_hat_2 on Mar 4, 11 12:35 AM
where are the dream cards?

Go to: