Eisteepfirsich
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,584 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Pirate Mysteries: A Tale of Monkeys, Masks and Hidden Objects

[Post New]by Eisteepfirsich on Mar 8, 11 10:11 AM
I think if you are a big fan from "straight forward hogs", this could be a game for you - but for all other people, how likes a little bit interactivity, this isn`t a good game. No buy for me

Scottsteaux63
Minnow
Minnow
222 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Pirate Mysteries: A Tale of Monkeys, Masks and Hidden Objects

[Post New]by Scottsteaux63 on Mar 8, 11 10:18 AM
Yet again, much too dark. Human beings do not have X-ray vision, you know. Hidden Objects are all very well, but INVISIBLE objects are another story entirely, and creating a game that no human with normal vision can play without liberal use of the "hint" button is ridiculous and annoying.

For the record, while I do wear glasses, they are brand new ones, and my vision is perfect with them. So it isn't my eyes. And my computer settings are actually a tad on the bright side, so I am not about to make them brighter just because the game developers made a bad decision.

Some of these games really need more and better testing before releasing them. This one is a no-buy for me.

sokjeff
Squid
Squid
74 Posts

[Post New]by sokjeff on Mar 8, 11 4:48 PM
I got it for 99 cents as an application for the phone. It was not even worth the 99 cents i paid. Sorry this one stinks!

dragnet1
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by dragnet1 on Mar 8, 11 5:16 PM
Just boring. I only lasted 10 minutes then uninstalled.

loveday
Minnow
Minnow
272 Posts

[Post New]by loveday on Mar 9, 11 1:46 AM
Just finished trial and no go for me - straight up IHOG but to much kissing my screen to keep me interested - the eyesight not that bad.

Happy gaming Fishes Uninstalled and downloading

[Post New]by tomwilcha on Mar 9, 11 4:24 PM
Quite liked it when I first started but started to get bored after about 30 minutes.

Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
8 Posts

[Post New]by 0459 on Mar 12, 11 7:42 AM
Looked alot better on the preview than it actually was. Definately not for the novice at heart!

vezzettj
Guppy
Guppy
157 Posts

[Post New]by vezzettj on Mar 13, 11 7:43 PM
A straight H0G... The graphics were clear on my screen so I didn't have much problems finding anything... I like the hint system where you select an item and it shows you its outline. Because of that, I didn't need the "full" hint option. However, that only worked in the "list" and riddle scenes (really, you don't need to solve the simple "riddles" just click on the riddle number and it shows you what to look for). However, when the list is in shadow form, clicking on the object only gives you the same shadow... and when you have to put the objects back in the scene it was the same thing. Oh, back to the riddle scenes, not only can you just click the riddle to see the shadow, the item list is in alphebetical order so that is another "clue" (actually the "lists" are too... and I didn't notice but I'd bet the other lists are as well... all those butterflies and skulls were together!).

The story started out interesting... but, unlike IH0Gs, where you'd pick up a "bag of stones" and then the next puzzle requires you to place the stones on a "board" (or whatever), in this game, after I completed a H0G scene, the story said "I can use these stones to open the temple", but I hadn't found any stones...

Overall, this game left me feeling "indifferent", I don't hate it, I don't love it, I don't really care about it... maybe as a Daily Deal... but I'd have to be out of other H0Gs and really bored for even that much...

[Post New]by hideobjectaddict on Mar 13, 11 11:20 PM
tillybaby wrote:Agree with everything that has been said so far.

A few months ago I was earning two free games vouchers every month, in fact I was getting worried about the amount of money that I was spending on games but now - nothing, I am finding difficult to even use the bought credit that's compulsory to remain a member, there is definitely a downgrade in games and how many more straight HOGs do we need for goodness sake?

Unfortunately I will soon be cancelling my membership through lack of games to buy UNLESS there's a rapid upgrade to games that warrant a price tag.

Ditto tilly, ditto. (BTW, I have come to realize I'm an adventure game addict instead of just HOG's). I have not used 1 of the 3 punch cards I earned last month, nothing worth spending them on, & of course all the good stuff is in C.E. & the absolutely rediculous fact that we cannot use our cards for them is just old. Now there are no games this month worth using a credit on. I refuse to purchase another C.E., not while I have earned (w/my hard earned money), any more C.E.'s. Looks like I'll be joining you in the "cancel my membership" club, oh well...

fiorel4
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

[Post New]by fiorel4 on Mar 17, 11 8:20 PM
I must say as a lover of HOG's, I was intrigued enough by the name to download the demo.....alas I was really disappointed. A very basic game. No voice overs and quite slow to load each scene (and no its not my PC), I could barely make out the hidden objects even when using my 7x magnifier.
I think with a lot of tweaking and a bit of TLC the Dev's could have released a much more interesting game. So for me, not planning to buy this one.

Edited on 03/17/2011 at 8:22:36 PM PST

DCer
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
7 Posts

[Post New]by DCer on Mar 25, 11 10:46 AM
I want to like it but I need more help or better directions for the puzzles. I like the reverse HOG that was diffent. I'm 30 minutes into a trial and probably won't buy as I'm stuck with the jewels. Put them by the same color? yeah how? Need a walkthrough for this one. I like the games to relax not work at as that's what I do at work.

bt1151
Squid
Squid
66 Posts

[Post New]by bt1151 on Apr 1, 11 6:53 AM
I thought this was one of the most boring games I played in a long time. I felt that I was wisked backwards in time to the beginning of the HOG days. This level of game was okay then but not now. The **** scenes were just messes of objects thrown together. The one saving grace was the humor thrown in here and there in the juvenile dialogue.
I don't usually write in the forums but I was so disappointed by this game, I just had to.

xoxJulie
Stingray
Stingray
4,592 Posts

[Post New]by xoxJulie on Apr 8, 11 5:07 PM
I have gotten as far as the compare two pictures of feather mask and cannot for the life of me find the last "difference" the hint button for some odd reason does not apply to this puzzle so I cannot move on from this page. If Anyone has any idea please let me know, otherwise i'll just trash the dang game even though I bought it.

xoxjulie

[Post New]by bellamina1957 on Jun 6, 11 5:56 PM
Fishies: JUST DON'T SWIM IN THIS MUCK

Comments and Reviews for Pirate Mysteries: A Tale of Monkeys, Masks and Hidden Objects

[Post New]by erinpiper on Mar 17, 12 6:22 AM
This is not a very interesting game at all. Graphics are slow to load, repetitive, music quite boring. Thank goodness I didn't pay any money for it. Spent about 10 min, did a few HOG and the puzzle and realized this did not hold my interest at all.

NEPAT
Starfish
Starfish
45 Posts

[Post New]by NEPAT on Mar 20, 12 1:05 AM
I bought this game on the Daily Deal - demo seemed cute. Good value
I was looking for a story to develop - heaven knows there was enough dialog throughout. Not much about more than one mask or monkeys for that matter...lots of Hidden Objects.

I agree with some of the other posts about this being a good HOG for beginner/intermediate players. Quick recharge of hints and silhouettes for each object - riddle style HO's were interesting. I didn't seem to find objects were fuzzy as mentioned by a few others...just VERY cleverly camouflaged. Most objects seemed relevant to the scene (no hidden computers, CD's or cell phones) but many were repetitive from scene to scene.

Cut scenes in between each level are long and don't detail what's coming ahead very well.

Mini games were a challenge for me - I skipped a few due to more so my impatience instead of giving them the time they deserve to work them out.

I did find the game somewhat short - as an intermediate adult player, I finished the game in 2 short sessions (perhaps 3 hours total)

Good game for HO with a few twists.

NanaLoona
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
447 Posts

[Post New]by NanaLoona on Aug 14, 12 8:36 AM
Oh, my gosh, I love this game. I know I'm in the minority again, but this game is right up my alley.

A straight hidden object game but with enough variation it doesn't get boring. There are list scenes, shadow scenes, put objects back based on shadow and riddle scenes. There are also a variety of puzzles, all of which I've been able to complete so far.

I love the dialogue. The person that wrote the dialogue has the same sense of humor I do, so I've laughed out loud a few times now.

I would suggest at least trying the demo for at least half an hour. Give yourself time to really get into the game before you decide. It still may not be your cuppa, but at least you've given it a fair shot.

Nana

sandicats5
Clownfish
Clownfish
573 Posts

[Post New]by sandicats5 on Nov 11, 12 8:09 PM
I used one of my free coupons for this game. wasn't bad but some of the puzzle didn't tell you what you were suppose to do had to use the skip button as I didn't know what to do. was kind of silly.

Go to: