boobailey
Guppy
Guppy
187 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Stray Souls: Dollhouse Story

[Post New]by boobailey on Mar 20, 11 7:04 PM
I loved this game. It's great. Challenging. The doll was cute. It would be nice if there was a sequel.

Shevyron
Clownfish
Clownfish
517 Posts

[Post New]by Shevyron on Mar 22, 11 11:29 AM
Really enjoyed this game, loved the addition of 'beyond objects', found about 30, so will definatly replay.
finished the game in about 3 hours, would have been more than happy for more game play.
Goes into my top 10 (though not sure what drops out!)

OzzyRobyn
Minnow
Minnow
254 Posts

[Post New]by OzzyRobyn on Mar 22, 11 12:28 PM

Dark, disturbing, and GREAT! The art is suitably bizarre, some of the images were really creepy. A good blend of H0 and puzzle/adventure, some walking about but you won't need roller skates.

I'd love to see more like this. Highly recommended.

[Post New]by Trish_J on Mar 22, 11 1:59 PM
I don't normally review games but I really liked this one, the graphics were well done, the atmosphere was creepy and I though the story was fantastic (a nice change). The only thing wrong with this game is that it's too darn short. I finished it in probably about 4 hours, 5 tops, which was disappointing to me. BUT if you have an evening or afternoon with nothing to do this is still worth your credit, I thought it was a great game!

Grnmeadow
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

[Post New]by Grnmeadow on Mar 22, 11 5:32 PM
I don't usually review games because I am too slow on finding things and need lots of help. But, this game was great! Yes, you did have to go from place to place a lot, but it wasn't that difficult to figure out where you were. I did have to use the walkthrough a few times because I got lost., but all in all, I would recommend this game to anyone that likes just a little bit of challenge.

sunshinej
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,313 Posts

[Post New]by sunshinej on Mar 24, 11 4:22 AM
What a fantastic game, I enjoyed playing it very much. It had a creepy atmosphere, a great story line and since I play so slowly the game seemed to last me a long time. Overall I am so happy I bought it. Since I only found 31 out of 36 beyond objects I'm going to play again to get them all.

Ridnhi
Guppy
Guppy
115 Posts

[Post New]by Ridnhi on Mar 24, 11 10:23 AM
Loved the game!!! Great storyline, good graphics and even shed a tear or two because I guess I got involved in the plot and now I'm going to find a happy game.
Try this one. Your eyes might water a little too!!!

maddee51
Clownfish
Clownfish
689 Posts

[Post New]by maddee51 on Mar 24, 11 12:41 PM
I've just finished this game - absolutely LOVED IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! But oh was in tears at the end bless him.....

jean9865
Seahorse
Seahorse
30 Posts

[Post New]by jean9865 on Mar 24, 11 4:22 PM
LovetoMissLisa wrote:Wow! This game is spooky! I've waited for the SE, as I do all games. I'm glad it's here,but I'm scared. lol I find this game to be one of the scariest I've played. There are alot of surprises. I can't imagine anyone not liking this game. It is great! Very spooky. I'm not one who loves the scary games the most, but they seem to be the best graphics and puzzles. I'm sure most people have already gotten the CE of this game. But I think the SE is great.

I'd rate this: FINE SWINE

FINE SWINE:
Great game. Bells and whistles, best, greatest, I love it.

‘ ‘
(o)

qpr1
Clownfish
Clownfish
733 Posts

[Post New]by qpr1 on Mar 24, 11 4:22 PM
excellent game

jean9865
Seahorse
Seahorse
30 Posts

[Post New]by jean9865 on Mar 24, 11 4:23 PM
LovetoMissLisa wrote:Wow! This game is spooky! I've waited for the SE, as I do all games. I'm glad it's here,but I'm scared. lol I find this game to be one of the scariest I've played. There are alot of surprises. I can't imagine anyone not liking this game. It is great! Very spooky. I'm not one who loves the scary games the most, but they seem to be the best graphics and puzzles. I'm sure most people have already gotten the CE of this game. But I think the SE is great.

I'd rate this: FINE SWINE

FINE SWINE:
Great game. Bells and whistles, best, greatest, I love it.

‘ ‘
(o)

[Post New]by ladyannamarie on Mar 24, 11 4:41 PM
I'm almost finished with the game and love it love it. I'm so thankful to the one or ones that produced the walkthrough. Have to admit I really needed it and it was more than helpful. Fishes if you want a great and long game this really is the ONE IT.

enigma5619
Minnow
Minnow
244 Posts

[Post New]by enigma5619 on Mar 24, 11 7:23 PM
[b]really good story and graphics and rooms and good **** and scary!

NANONAN
Squid
Squid
79 Posts

[Post New]by NANONAN on Mar 25, 11 11:40 AM
Cool, cool, cool! Shivers and lump in my throat for the poor dolly at the end!

jean9865
Seahorse
Seahorse
30 Posts

[Post New]by jean9865 on Mar 25, 11 5:07 PM
Be forewarned that there is a really evil clown in this story. If you have problems with clowns, I would suggest you skip this game. I did find it quite interesting though.

mariannequilts
Flounder
Flounder
2,146 Posts

[Post New]by mariannequilts on Mar 26, 11 2:43 PM
CasualGran along with others had this BFG right. A fun game. But, Poor Doll, altho I just know that Doll escaped and will be back.....Yum!! Enjoy.....Fishes.

Tikatoy
Minnow
Minnow
269 Posts

[Post New]by Tikatoy on Mar 28, 11 10:29 AM
I spent some time yesterday trying out various games (with a toddler on my lap) to see if there were any worth buying during the weekend sale. She got rapidly bored of various TM games that had cute, colourful cartoony graphics, including Ice Cream Craze: Natural Hero that has her favourite thing ever: ice cream.

But she wouldn't let me quit this game, and we ended up playing almost the whole demo hour together (she helped find some of the hidden objects). I thought the graphics were really nice, and I loved the art style. Hidden object scenes weren't super easy, but none were challenging enough that I had to use a hint. No glaring "lost in translation" words in the list, just a few minor inaccuracies like having to find a "music note" that's actually a treble clef.

The video scenes were really high quality (for this genre) and I really liked the music. It was on par with ERS Studios music, I thought. Puzzles were of easy to moderate difficulty. Didn't run into anything too frustrating.

Story spoilers, highlight to read: I liked the story a lot, although now that I think about it, it's very similar to Silent Hill (which I also liked a lot). You have the idea of a child being split into two halves: one good and evil. And then you have evil forces creating a demonic version of a town (like the Otherworld). There are no sirens and shifting back and forth between the two worlds, but Stray Souls did seem similar (in a good way). I absolutely loved the dollhouse and how placing a doll inside it would show flashbacks that were re-enacted by the dolls. Really cool way to tell the background story.

The game length was a bit on the short side, but not enough to bother me. I enjoyed he game overall and the toddler gives her approval too.

SMQMC
Guppy
Guppy
129 Posts

[Post New]by SMQMC on Mar 29, 11 9:09 AM
Some fishies say this game is too short. So what?? I found it totally entertaining, not too difficult, fun, had appropriate music and sound effects, some unique ideas (better than a lot of other H0 games) that were different; like the doll house people and the morphing objects to watch for. Should be a good HOG for most people IMO. I found it a lot of fun!

[Post New]by SassyTeffie on Mar 30, 11 6:08 AM
I quite enjoyed this game! It took a decent length of time to complete, and I'm definitely going to play it again (have to find all those morphing objects)! The graphics were great, and the music wasn't super annoying. I thought the ending was a bit abrupt and would have liked a bit of "this is what happened afterwards" wrap up, but that's just my opinion. All in all, a great game and one I feel was worth the $6.99 I spent on it.

rogerscove
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

[Post New]by rogerscove on Mar 30, 11 7:03 AM
I'm relatively new to this type of game but I have to tell you, this is the very best game I've played at BFG so far. I didn't find it terribly scary as others have indicated; although maybe I was forewarned by the other posts. It had a great story line and tons of stuff to do. It was very interesting. I find these forums helpful in deciding which games to purchase but I always check the demos as well and form my own opinion. This is a great site.

Go to: