beylia
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Treasure Hunters

[Post New]by beylia on Mar 16, 11 6:49 PM
This game is incredibly dull and boring. The story sucks, the game play is glitchy and there is zero challenge to it. This game bored me to death. I disliked it so much that I couldn't bring myself to even finish the trial.

doggyfish
Seahorse
Seahorse
38 Posts

[Post New]by doggyfish on Mar 16, 11 7:36 PM
If they want to sell the game in the US, they should have it proofread by someone who knows the language. Even British English is fine.
hummer for hammer
screw that was really nut
boot that was really a shoe (ok I know its a little picky but this gets frustrating)

Then I quit after scene 2.

[Post New]by GrauFrau on Mar 17, 11 1:31 AM
MUCH too simple to be a game for adults, but the mistakes in language will throw off kids. I didn't like the constant handholding and both the HOGs and puzzles were just too easy. A lot of the puzzles could barely be called such. The graphics were too cartoon-y for my taste, but others might not object. I guess I'm spoiled after playing stuff like Lost Souls and MCF.

[Post New]by dochran on Mar 18, 11 12:32 PM
Only one word is really needed to describe this one: Pathetic.

I'm sorry BFG, but really?? I can get past the graphics, even though I didn't even need the list of items to select the ones that were "hidden", because they were so obviously not an integral part of the scene. (Actually, considering the name that the developers called some of these items, it was probably easier that way.)

I get that not all game developers have English as a first language, but if a game is to be released in an English-speaking country, at least take the time to have someone make sure that the game text translates somewhat. When the list asks for a "T-Connection" and I am expected to select a power strip, it certainly doesn't enhance the enjoyment of game play.

My real problem with this fiasco of a "game" is that it wasn't a game at all, because all the user needs to do is click where they are told (not given any chance to do otherwise, anyway). I don't consider exercising my mouse a game, frankly.

I would really like to know more about the BFG marketing strategy that pushes $6.99 games to customers, but then makes most of the games worth playing "Collectors Editions". The other thing I've seen in the last few months is that SE games are shorter and shorter. This all reminds me of the half-gallon of ice cream, which is suddenly 1.5 liters. It feels like one more company that thinks the public is too stupid to recognize that they are getting less value for their money.

No buy and a thumbs down to both the game and BFG.

qpr1
Clownfish
Clownfish
733 Posts

[Post New]by qpr1 on Mar 19, 11 7:13 AM
in the first scene one item you had to find was a "hummer" well i looked for that car for 5 mins..........i lasted 6 mins then deleted the game!

leyahn
Starfish
Starfish
48 Posts

[Post New]by leyahn on Mar 20, 11 12:41 PM
So in the demo time I got as far as the forge door - which, according to the blog walkthrough posted in the forum, is level 26 of 27 levels. I skipped about three mini puzzles simply because I found them annoyingly simple - but really, to almost finish the game in the demo time? And I am really not that fast at HOG games.

The HOG scenes were very elementary - I barely looked at the list - just clicked on the items that were so very apparent in the landscape and screamed "click me, click me".

Many Engrish issues - I don't mind games with different pronunciations, regional spellings, etc., But like other posters, I spent some time looking for the vehicle Hummer in the first HOG scene - at least when faced with looking for a Hummer later in the game, I knew it meant hammer. Really, someone should proof read these games before they are published. LOL

Anyhoo, in the wake of all the wonderfully challenging HOG style games lately, this one is just a no buy.

[Post New]by tar_dot on Mar 21, 11 3:35 AM
Cartoon graphic, why not? As for me I like, pretty nice. Due to this fact it becomes easy to find hidden objects in the scenes, but not in every of them. I don't find using different gadgets annoying, it adds some diversity to the game process. Now about mini-games, most of them are easy, but at that time they are quite various. As for the English language issues the game has been updated and in the new version spelling problem is fixed, now hummer is hammer Well, I think this game will suit beginners of HOG, kids and for those gamers who don't like spend a lot of time on playing like me

Edited on 03/21/2011 at 5:20:39 AM PST

[Post New]by stem13 on Mar 21, 11 5:59 AM
I'm agree with tar_dot, cartoon graphic is not the game defect it is its feature. Why we always wait some gravity from the game? My eyes were just having a rest when I was watching the screen, it was not necessary to take a good look at the scene picture to find smth on it. Those who complain about the game difficulty forget about that important thing is process but not torments of the game passage. So I like this game and I enjoyed playing it.

Maggie331
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

Waste of Money

[Post New]by Maggie331 on Mar 23, 11 3:52 AM
I usually dont have a problem but after playing for a few it freezes up tried to uninstall and reinstall didnt work. Too bad we cant ask for a refund. I spend a lot of time and money b4 buying and this game was terrible.

brightone2
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by brightone2 on Mar 24, 11 4:36 PM
i cant get past the crash scene... it tells me i need training and the glove is flashing but i cant pick it up... very frustrating...please help

lentenrose
Minnow
Minnow
286 Posts

[Post New]by lentenrose on Mar 26, 11 3:00 PM
They are comming along but the translation still has problems and I think the puzzles are too easy. Guess they think the wheel with the power gloves and all is great but I think keeping it simple is better.

rowdycat1
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by rowdycat1 on Mar 27, 11 11:11 AM
This game looks fun, but it is constantly getting stuck...

jdelbove
Minnow
Minnow
266 Posts

[Post New]by jdelbove on Apr 11, 11 4:09 AM
Hi there ~

Does anyone know if BF resolved the *crazy cursor* problems in this game yet?

Thanks ~JoAnne

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Apr 25, 11 3:04 PM
beylia wrote:This game is incredibly dull and boring. The story sucks, the game play is glitchy and there is zero challenge to it. This game bored me to death. I disliked it so much that I couldn't bring myself to even finish the trial.

I agree with both Hydrogibbon and Beylia. And I am ashamed to say this game is from a German developer. Their spelling mistakes are unacceptable.

Also, sometimes the game opens and sometimes it doesn`t. And the game is somewhat sluggish. Plus I didn`t care for all that loading time in between chapters.

I love the graphics - those and the gameplay is very much like those of Samantha Swift. Unfortunately, SS is much more fun to play.

I didn`t even bother finishing this game. Just couldn`t continue with the repetitive tasks. Sorry...

Stevihj
Clownfish
Clownfish
507 Posts

[Post New]by Stevihj on May 12, 11 9:08 PM
Sadly I agree with so many of the previous gamers. This game fails to ring any bells. There so many mislabeled items. ie, hummer that was a hammer, parachute that was the sails, pincers that were tweezers/forceps, screw that was a nut, cube that was a die, and my favorite cake that was a donut. The basic story was actually interesting, I loved the evil pair. I would have liked to pick whether to play the guy/girl. There was way too much hand holding. I can usually figure most things out. I really didn't need to be told what to do each step of hte way. This game had promise but didn't deliver.

This game is a C.

ppvjeep
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

[Post New]by ppvjeep on Jun 28, 11 7:10 PM
What's with the spelling errors? Please spell check before launching a game. A hammer is not a "hummer." Gloves are difficult to find and are not highlighted unlike the backpack. Game motion lags.

Go to: