moonweaver
Flounder
Flounder
2,108 Posts

Re:Welcome to Agatha Christie: Evil Under the Sun forum

[Post New]by moonweaver on Feb 13, 09 1:00 AM
I am stuck in Late Morning of the 25th. (Don't know what act that is.) I have gone back and forth in the sea tractor so many times, I've lost count. I have talked to everybody who will talk to me; most of them refuse to any more. When I ask Poirot in his office for help, he refers me to the Finger of Suspicion. When I use it, the only two cards are for Carrie and Oakley Gardner. The Finger always points to Search their room, which I have done several times. I found the handbill, which is in Documents in my notebook, and I put together the torn letter in the wastebasket, but it is not in my notebook. I know I put it together correctly, because I consulted a walkthrough. Is there something I need to find to make the letter go into Documents? Tape, perhaps? If so, where would I find that?

I am "at my wits' end, " as Hastings says.

So far, I have received no telegrams, except the first one with the money from the bank. I have had no answers from the school or the solicitor. Also, Will has not found a winch handle for me yet. What have I missed?

johnniewhiskey
Guppy
Guppy
189 Posts

[Post New]by johnniewhiskey on Feb 13, 09 9:33 AM
The letter will go into your inventory automatically if it's correct, Try swapping the blank pieces around as they do have to be in a specific place.

[Post New]by fishyneo on Feb 13, 09 9:31 PM
Kisfis wrote:Hey

I try again....need help....in act 2 the afternoon....have done everything....but i wonder...is it wrong to ask all the question when you talk to someone?i really want to get to the evening....
...poirot says...you are confining the search to the islands.Do not overlock
that which sorrounds you on all sides...I really dont know what he means...my english is not that good....
And he says...the finger can not extricate you from your current predicament....and perhaps i can guide you whith a small clue...and then nothings happens......can anyone please help me....i want to move one to the evening...
please....i have been told that the police station is not open at the afternoon....so....but how can i move on......

please someone...i am so happy for all the answers......
yhank you....

hi kisfis

i am also encountering the same problem as u did..i did everything in the walkthrough..but cud not got to act 3...can u tell me how u got out of this prblm..thnkx

moonweaver
Flounder
Flounder
2,108 Posts

[Post New]by moonweaver on Feb 14, 09 12:22 AM
johnnywhiskie:

After going back to an earlier saved game, I finally discovered my mistake with the torn letter. Though I had all the text in the right places, there were two top border pieces with no text on them that I had reversed. Once I switched them, the letter became solid and entered my notebook, as you said.

I had thought that maybe I found the letter too late in the game, and was willing to play that section over. But I didn't have to; I just jumped to my latest saved game, and switched those two border pieces again, and it worked. So I am now in the afternoon, and got stuck again, so I went to Universal Hints Systems site, and got a couple of tips on what to do next. There are so many subtle things in this game, that it's easy to overlook something.

SO to the person who didn't know how to progress from the morning, I suggest you go to that website: google Universal Hints, then search for this game, and it will help you without giving away every step.

micah123
Lobster
Lobster
86 Posts

[Post New]by micah123 on Feb 17, 09 9:44 PM
holycowharry wrote:
folkdance wrote:The game is a little slow but the scenery is nice. I am stuck on August 24th Afternoon - after returning to Poirot's room I am supposed to go into the bathroom and take the fresh towels, there are no towels anywhere in Poirot's bathroom. There also is no cleaning cart and the maid won't speak to him. I have tried retracing all my steps, but now everyone wants to be left alone. Most of the doors in the hotel are locked so I'm stuck and cannot advance. I don't have a lot of patience with games that don't work properly. I have returned to Poirot's office 3 or 4 times to do the magic finger thing but it just gives me the two cards and no power word, even though I know it's supposed to give me the word "lamp." Game appears to be stuck.

After receiving the second clue ‘Lamp’… click on Hastings icon on the taskbar then you’ll be automatically back in Poirot's room with the maid.

The towels are on the rack in the bathroom…the cleaning cart is outside the room.

micah123
Lobster
Lobster
86 Posts

[Post New]by micah123 on Feb 17, 09 9:49 PM
I, too, have been to Poirot's office six times and do not get the word lamp. Where do I get and how do I continue the game. I have built the blind that is supposed to take to Act 2.....I am tired walking all over the place..ugh. Ready to deinstall. please help. thanks

ozzyboo
Starfish
Starfish
44 Posts

[Post New]by ozzyboo on Mar 23, 09 9:01 AM
i suggest you try Nancy Drew games they are great for making you think .....

[Post New]by cherylladd on Apr 25, 09 5:55 AM
brndnsgrl35903 wrote:My game is working fine...I just cant seem to find the tent stakes....anyone know where they are?
YES if you go to the beach where the girl is on her own, you pick up to rocks. use these for weighing the posts down. NOT tent pegs.

[Post New]by Charsiupao on May 11, 09 2:51 AM
I've finally managed to download and install the whole game. I moved to a new house and line wasn't great, and for the past two weeks I've been downloading it, and having breaks, resumes etc, and every time it finished downloading it wouldn't install. Finally today a full download happened without even breaking once, and it installed! =)

Problem is, I get an error when I start, something about a granny2.dll file missing or incorrect. Is there any way around this, other than having to download the whole thing again and hope for best again?

The full message is:-

Cannot find import; DLL may be missing, corrupt, or wrong version
File "granny2.dll", error 126

Thanks for any help!

Pao

[Post New]by dawn0008 on May 15, 09 9:18 AM
OMG-----I liked the game until I got to act 2 and got the oar out of the shed!! My cumputer froze up and done a crash dumb Not once but twice!!!!!!!!!!! So NO I didn't reinstall it!! Has anybody else had this trouble? What is up with it doing that?

[Post New]by lapianomusa on May 21, 09 1:40 PM
i'm stuck. i started playing yesterday, and i'm all the way up to act 5. i'm at cutter's cove, the scene of the crime, but i can't leave. ms. whats-her-face, the dance instructor lady won't take me back, and poirot -the idiot- won't climb the ladder.
i would just go back to the last time i saved, but that was in act 2. so no way.
but i guess if worse comes to worse i'll have to. but hopefully not...

(oh, and i've got the wii game seeing as my computer is stupid. they shouldn't be much different... i hope.)

HELP!
christy

Edited on 05/21/2009 at 1:41:37 PM PST

[Post New]by fozzworth on Jun 14, 09 10:25 AM
pwilmarth wrote:Lamp is at the start of Act 2. If Poirot hasn't given you the Lamp clue, then you aren't in Act 2, you're still in Act 1. The towels are also available at the beginning of Act 2, so it tells me you are still in Act 1. Start with the Finger of Suspicion and see if there is anybody you need to see or talk to. If it points to Stephen Lane, then you need to read Millie Parson's casefile. Amazing as it at may seem, you can play all of Act 1 without ever getting the case file on Millie Parsons, but you won't progress to Act 2 until you do. Pick up the Corrigan, Shipwreck, and Drugs casefiles while you're at it.

Once you've read Millie's casefile, go back and talk to Stephen Lane.

[Post New]by fozzworth on Jun 14, 09 10:27 AM
johnniewhiskey wrote:The letter will go into your inventory automatically if it's correct, Try swapping the blank pieces around as they do have to be in a specific place.

Someone please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[Post New]by arlinda1082 on Jun 16, 09 12:16 PM
I am at the end of act 5 and all I have to do is seach the Gardner's room. I have done this 3 times already and the finger of suspision says to search the room. I think it has something to do with the letter in the trash. I put the letter togeather and it will not say. I even went to game bboomers. The game won't let me leave until I figured it out. Someone out there please help me!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thanks.

PENNY7777
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by PENNY7777 on Jun 16, 09 4:00 PM
I GOT THIS GAME FROM SOMEWHERE ELAS AND IT DID THE WHITE OUT THING WITH ME TO, SO IT'S NOT JUST HERE, I DID NOT GET INTO THIS GAME AFTER IT DOING THE WHITE OUT THING.DOES ANYONE HAVE A CLUE HOW TO FIX THIS?

[Post New]by boosiekool33 on Jun 18, 09 8:09 PM
Im new at this game and in Act 2 when your supposed to look through the binoculars to see the red boat, i try to use the binoculars but it doesn't ever see it. It will either say what a nice view but i see nothing of interest or when i try to click it it will jst go away.
Does anyone know why?

[Post New]by miranda152 on Jun 21, 09 9:40 PM
you are looking in the wrong direction. Use the mouse to get an arrow cursor and try again. You will see the boat and the periscope.

[Post New]by fed_up on Jun 27, 09 2:27 PM
This is the worst game I've purchased from Big Fish. There was not 60 minute trial available, but I bought it anyway. If there had been, I wouldn't have bought it. There are no instructions on how to play the game and every time I open it to "try" to play, I have to go through the same tedious intro and then walk Poirot around in circles trying to get him somewhere, where ever that is. I'm glad I only paid $6.99 for this piece of junk. The glitches should have been worked out before this was put on the market. I want my money back.

queenjanis
Guppy
Guppy
157 Posts

[Post New]by queenjanis on Jul 2, 09 6:30 PM
I am at the part where it says if I go to the lounge chairs, he will automatically start pacing. and the treasure is found at the side of of the hotel by the stairs on the path to the rocky beach. get 3 gold darts. Whaaat??? I have looked and tried everywhere to find the right place where is it ?

[Post New]by acdcrazy1 on Jul 16, 09 10:33 AM
I'm stuck on act 2 and it wont let me get the oar. Is there anything i have to do to get the oar???????

Go to: