Seester2
Guppy
Guppy
197 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea: Captain Nemo

[Post New]by Seester2 on May 23, 11 2:43 PM
Played about 45 minutes of the demo and hated it. Too much dialogue, confusing set-up, hidden objects a joke. A definite no-buy for me.

[Post New]by petergee on Nov 13, 11 4:26 PM
Even on the cheap option - today only - this is not worth spenign any money on at all.

The basic premis is good - the execution is awful

Why keep repeating the same messages again and again whihc you have to click through time and again. Spooling mistooks by the dozen- obvioulsy translated very poorl from the original - some minigames leave you feeling quite sick, it's the way they are presented and handled and the instructions - hah- best of luck there.

The book was good, the film was ok - James Mason and Kirk Douglas hamming it up but this game is dire in the extreme!

gamergirl675
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,156 Posts

[Post New]by gamergirl675 on Mar 15, 12 10:51 PM
I don't know how this ended up in my inventory of games since I hate HdO with a passion... must have picked it up on sale at some point based on my love of Jules Verne. So ok they did butcher the story and the game can't compare to the book but... it's actually a pretty decent little time waster for a couple hours on a bored day when you don't want to have to use brain power.

Super easy, super short, but I enjoyed it all the same. Would I buy it again? Probably not full price but maybe as a DD. It's the same annoying HdO controls but this one is by far the best of the bunch. Lasted about an hour and forty-five minutes according to the in-game clock so for those that care about that this probably isn't for you.

But if you want a little something to do on a rainy Saturday give it a go... at least for the hour demo (you could probably even finish in that time if you're a fast gamer... me I take the time to smell the roses errr the sea anemones.)

2 stars out of

BASED ON COMPLETED GAME

[Post New]by JustTheFacts on Feb 15, 13 4:47 AM
In a Word - Weird

Developer: Anuman
Release Date: Unknown
Extras: Map

I tried to play this game three times and couldn’t stand it enough to finish it. In previous reviews I panned it. But it’s a year later and I gave it another go, and it surprised me. Can't say it’s ever going to be my favourite, but it is interesting. It offers a dozen different ways to find hidden objects, has a few easy but different mini-games, and a different use of graphics. So I no longer regret buying it as a DD.
It is very short, though, and simplistic in its storyline, but it’s ideal, I think, for those days where you really are over the standard HOPA fare, no matter how good, and want something easy and straightforward.

Edited on 02/15/2013 at 4:49:01 AM PST

RVKittykat
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

[Post New]by RVKittykat on Jul 23, 13 2:50 AM
I ordinarily like any HOGs where boats, ships or the sea are concerned. But this game didn't hold my interest so when it FROZE at one of the scenes for the second time around, I uninstalled it.

[Post New]by juvyfuer on Jul 27, 13 3:47 AM
Hi Everyone,

I am a huge fan of Captain Nemo and I like Keanu Reeves could make a great captain nemo.

Tom Hardy could be a good choice for Ned Land.

Go to: