EOTD
Guppy
Guppy
166 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Empress of the Deep 2: Song of the Blue Whale Collector's Editio

[Post New]by EOTD on Mar 31, 11 3:24 PM
bella81762 wrote:you mean where you put the tapes in...ok i played it as i got the tapes, it is a beatuful game....just a teence short for a ce imo

Did you open the mirror behind the computer where you place the cartridges?

twinkeeper
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Empress of the Deep 2: Song of the Blue Whale Collector's Edition

[Post New]by twinkeeper on Mar 31, 11 3:49 PM
Absolutely love this game! It's beautiful and different. I bought it!

beckins
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Empress of the Deep 2: Song of the Blue Whale Collector's Editio

[Post New]by beckins on Mar 31, 11 3:50 PM
rhorho wrote:Poutoule, I realize the forum has many uses. I just thought the one that is titled "comments and reviews" were just for that. My bad, I guess. Still no one answered my question. Do post like these count toward the changing status of your fish?

Hardly your bad. Obviously it is mine for trying to make the point that I am cut out of reviewing the game unless I want to play an hour now and then wait who knows how long (BFG's discretion) until I get to pick up where I left off. Maybe a month. six weeks? I have been just as eager for this sequel to come out as others have been, and I don't appreciate having to wait even longer still to purchase. Perhaps this fits under "comments", more than "reviews" but no worries, I won't bother posting again.

lvbrule
Lobster
Lobster
80 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Empress of the Deep 2: Song of the Blue Whale Collector's Edition

[Post New]by lvbrule on Mar 31, 11 4:16 PM
My Goodness! over 5,000 reviews on this one as I logged on!!! Mine will be lost in the tide, however, I'll voice it anyway......I READ, I DEMO'D, I LOVED, I BOUGHT!

oK....NIGHTY NIGHT!

textrekkie
Shark
Shark
13,265 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Empress of the Deep 2: Song of the Blue Whale Collector's Editi

[Post New]by textrekkie on Mar 31, 11 4:24 PM
I picked up the first Empress for $2.99 on the daily deal and again, it's a pretty game and the game mechanics are solid. But there was lots of hand-holding in that one, whether you wanted it or not.

Prettiness and an original storyline go a long way. However, when the game tops out at only 2.5 hours, it's difficult to overcome. Too much hand holding, sparkles, verbal clues and ordinary easy puzzles don't help add any length.

I was hoping to see in the demo of the new game some difference in these things, but alas, even the types of puzzles are the same as the first one and they repeat over and over. Nothing new, nothing challenging. The demo took me 25 minutes with no hints and no looking at the strategy guide, so I figured the entire game wouldn't last long.

Their games are still pretty--but they are still following the same formula, i.e., hand holding, verbal clues, sparkles, easy, redundant puzzles. I'll take a pass until this one comes down on the daily deal.

P.S. All the bright flashing lights...too, too, much.

Edited on 03/31/2011 at 4:55:27 PM PST

barbee44
Clownfish
Clownfish
667 Posts

[Post New]by barbee44 on Mar 31, 11 4:46 PM
My thoughts on the game are that an awfully lot of hard work went into making this game and it's almost worth the extra money just to visit the lovely scenes. The graphics are probably the best I've seen yet.

BUT.... The interactive part of the game doesn't always make sense to me. I'm not sure what my objectives are and the objects I acquire are odd pieces and because they are so unusual... I haven't a clue what to do with them. Of course the game does eventually lead you to the correct place, but that takes away the ability to think how to use the object.

I prefer inventory items to be screw drivers, keys, door knobs, etc. This gives you a hint of where they might be used.

Just my thoughts... and I never heard of a "book screen" or a "fly wing". None of my books have screens and all wings fly. So this was confusing. I only played about 20 min and stopped because I just lost interest.

I might buy it as an SE (not sure) or a DD but while the game is worth 13.99 to people who like this type of game... for me it is not, even with the lovely graphics.

I'm also not too much into spells, magic, healing animals, and the occult in my games.

But I have to praise the makings of this game... A-1

staciepie27
Squid
Squid
69 Posts

[Post New]by staciepie27 on Mar 31, 11 4:57 PM
First of all, this game is gorgeous. The graphics are top-notch. The scenery is stunning, and the voice work is also great. I bought it because I wanted to try something different and I really liked the way the game played out. The story is compelling, the heroine is someone you can get behind and the conclusion of the game is satisfying, although obviously setting up for another sequel. But if it is as quality of a game as this one, I'll buy that one for sure.

I like the sound effects as well, and the HOG scenes are well done and the items are not too hard to find. All of the adventure elements make sense, and the game is worth the CE price for the actual adventure, but the match game is a great bonus and very addictive and different for this type of game. All in all, it took me about 4 hours to finish the game in its entirety, which I think is a great length for this type of game. I also have to say that i would rather get an extra game like ZEM with a CE than wallpapers and concept art anyday. There really is so much of that stuff that you need, but a fun new game to keep you challenged is a bonus.

I would say that its worth a buy for sure. A+

johnandi5
Starfish
Starfish
49 Posts

[Post New]by johnandi5 on Mar 31, 11 5:02 PM
A buy for me tomorrow too. Loved the theme. The games are a little simple but fun to do and I love the idea of rescuing children and animals I hope the play time is decent. I give this a

lauriedoss
Squid
Squid
72 Posts

[Post New]by lauriedoss on Mar 31, 11 5:31 PM
I played this 10 mins, just enough to make sure it would run. I had 3 punches left on my 3rd card for the month. Something told me that the TGT would be a good CE, so I was able to finish the card. Woohoo! I'm spending a fortune on all these CEs but I can't help myself, LOL.

sinshack
Flounder
Flounder
2,150 Posts

[Post New]by sinshack on Mar 31, 11 5:31 PM
lvbrule wrote:My Goodness! over 5,000 reviews on this one as I logged on!!! Mine will be lost in the tide, however, I'll voice it anyway......I READ, I DEMO'D, I LOVED, I BOUGHT!

oK....NIGHTY NIGHT!

No, there are less than 100 comments and reviews in this thread so far - there are over 5,000 views, which only means that 5,000 times people have clicked into the thread to read it.

You review is just as important as everyone else's, and it won't get lost.

dootney
Guppy
Guppy
163 Posts

[Post New]by dootney on Mar 31, 11 6:05 PM
Barbee44, I totally agree with you. I bought this game early this morning, After i played for a while I was disappointed. Like you, I like keys, crowbars and the like. I took a nap and when I woke up, I tackled it again. I am managing to muttle thru. All that beautiful scenery wasted with so little to do at certain places. Now I know why I didnt buy the first one. Nevertheless i am going to finish it and remember to never play it again.

[Post New]by Porcelaincougar on Mar 31, 11 7:24 PM
Own the 1st Empress, really enjoyed.
Tried this, and like the 1st one, very pretty....if you own the 1st one, you will not be let down with this 2nd edition, But! {there's always one of those!}
This game maker has got me spoiled,
I am so taken with "Elephant Games!!!"
Mystery Trackers, the Void, and now the new, "Hallowed Legends"
The story lines, graphics, top notch, dare I say I enjoy these games every bit as much as Mystery Case Files???!!! hmmm...I'm thinking...wow, crazy good!
I highly recommend you check out these two games.
I'd love to hear if you love them as much as I do!
Happy gaming my fellow fishies!

[Post New]by TLipham on Mar 31, 11 7:24 PM
where do u get the plant elixir to remove the vines off the gate? i appreicate anyone help, thanks

jmfarley
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by jmfarley on Mar 31, 11 7:29 PM
A very pretty game, but poor continuity/integration between plot and puzzles and way too much hand holding for my tastes. Pretty does not make up for too easy and lack of immersion.

No buy.

bfgfan25
Squid
Squid
78 Posts

[Post New]by bfgfan25 on Mar 31, 11 7:39 PM
For those of you who have finished it, is it worth it for the extras or am I better off waiting for the SE? I love the first one and loved the demo of this one, but money is tight...

Menesa
Guppy
Guppy
107 Posts

[Post New]by Menesa on Mar 31, 11 7:44 PM
orijojo wrote:WOW! I only opened this up and looked around and I’m already hooked.

I bought the first Empress but it was so long ago I have forgotten most of it although I did enjoy it.

I promised myself I would not buy C/E games anymore but this is so beautiful, I doubt I can resist, but I will have to wait till April, as my punch card is full at the moment.

I loved that the Strategy Guide is available for the first chapter only, and it looks as if there 8 plus chapters. I doubt I will use the Strategy Guide but I love that it is there.

The voice overs are very good and the story line sounds interesting. I’m going to finish the trial, then play the original game while I’m waiting for April in the US. It will be April here (Australia) in under 5 hours.

Have fun everyone! I can’t wait to hear what you think of this game.

Jojo

Hi to another Aussie fishie...yeah its getting colder here by the day ,what happened to summer? It seems to have missed Melbourne lol ...
Loved your lil' review and like you I loved the 1st Empress of the Deep ..got that one on a weekly sale price... seems we get the bonus of match 3 in this game..so great play great value. Happy to recommend this one to fellow fishies

River05
Starfish
Starfish
53 Posts

[Post New]by River05 on Mar 31, 11 7:59 PM
I tried the demo,Its a buy for me!!!! tomorrow

lvbrule
Lobster
Lobster
80 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Empress of the Deep 2: Song of the Blue Whale Collector's Editi

[Post New]by lvbrule on Mar 31, 11 8:11 PM
sinshack wrote:
lvbrule wrote:My Goodness! over 5,000 reviews on this one as I logged on!!! Mine will be lost in the tide, however, I'll voice it anyway......I READ, I DEMO'D, I LOVED, I BOUGHT!

oK....NIGHTY NIGHT!

No, there are less than 100 comments and reviews in this thread so far - there are over 5,000 views, which only means that 5,000 times people have clicked into the thread to read it.

You review is just as important as everyone else's, and it won't get lost.

Thank you for your kind words sinshack!...btw..you are one of the fishies I always look for on the forums and value your comments when I'm looking into a game...Please dont stop!

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

[Post New]by WilJul on Mar 31, 11 8:48 PM
I enjoyed the demo so I went ahead and purchased, but must say that by the end of the game I found myself feeling disappointed. The mini-games were pretty simple, not too terribly challenging. The story line was engaging, however, a nice change from the dark and creepy (which I love). I was not a fan of the voice acting, hers wasn't too bad but the whale was an odd fit.

My biggest complaint is probably that the map and Hint button (except in HOGs) were both about useless. The map only shows large general areas, but not specific locations within those areas. The hint button simply refers you back to your journal - well, I could have done that myself!

I may go back and play Zem, the bonus game, some more, but it's not calling to me, like some games do. Therefore I don't think the CE bonus material is really quite worth it, for me anyway. But it was nice to have the SG to refer to because of that useless Hint button. If I'd had more patience and looked around more closely, I really probably wouldn't have needed the SG, but I kept getting distracted during game play and forgetting where I was!

All in all, despite the negativity, not a bad little game, but definitely could do with some improvements. And not real sure the CE is worth the extra price.

rhonayotte
Catfish
Catfish
1,555 Posts

[Post New]by rhonayotte on Mar 31, 11 10:47 PM
Finally got around to playing the demo. Okay, the graphics? They are okay, but not overly impressive. They don't seem to have improved from the first game. The H O scenes were very hard on the eyes....at least for me. I had a hard time determining one object from another...had to sit back and let my eyes relax before I could see the objects, and still found they were hard to find. The constant laughter of the sister got on my nerves big time! Wished there had been a way to shut it off. Music...not so bad, soothing enough. It looks like the game will be lengthy enough. For me anyway. Even though it had some very pleasant scenes to look at, all in all I don't feel this is CE quality, so it's a no buy for me. Perhaps when it's released as a SE.

Go to: