sstrobl
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Art of Murder: Deadly Secrets

[Post New]by sstrobl on Apr 7, 11 7:22 AM
This game was a joke. Nothing like the last 3 games. It was all hidden objects, which really sucked. i wanted it to be like the other games, where you look for clues and analyze them etc..I use a game code on this game and it was a waste...
Very unhappy gamer!!!!!

[Post New]by earthfairies on Apr 7, 11 4:44 PM
Not impressed with this Art of Murder Game at all. No voices and that for me a no sell right off the bat!!! The other 3 Art of Murder Games were awesome and I so was looking forward to this one. Now I am really disappointed. I will not purchase this game. It is a REAL HOG

[Post New]by loslass on Apr 8, 11 9:44 AM
Absolute garbage.

I gave up at the first spot the difference (WHAT freakin' differences?) and with no 'skip puzzle' option, I was stuck there as I couldn't find anything the black and white photo was so bad.

No WAY would I buy this. Junk - total junk and such a shame as the first three were so good.

Becca_jxxx
Guppy
Guppy
169 Posts

[Post New]by Becca_jxxx on Apr 8, 11 11:22 AM
When I first saw this game, I thought it was going to be a buy for me, but it's just another average HOG. I don't like spot the difference puzzles at the best of times but when they are timed- no way. Definitely not a buy for me. Hopefully the next Art of Murder will be just as good as the first three.

[Post New]by blazingmane on Apr 8, 11 4:05 PM
I am so disappointed. No audio! and the format was changed to a hidden object instead of large file role play. What were they thinking? Major let down.

I was so excited when I saw it and I bought it right away. I wouldn't have had I known that they strayed so far from the origional POPULAR AND LOVED formula.

I hate what they have done to Art of Murder.

Sorry to be such a kill joy. I've purchased several hundred games from Big fish and I've never had a reason to reply to much in the forum. Only a few tech problems and a happy gram or two. However, this is just to much to let pass in silence. PLEASE change it back!

This has been a fabulous series. Do not let this series end on this sour note. Detective Bonnet's adventures in the FBI are like Nancy Drew's adventures for Adults. Why are they trying to fix something that's not broken? . Don't be lazy take this back and remaster it.

BlazingMane is blazing mad in Florida

popcorn_20000
Marlin
Marlin
8,219 Posts

[Post New]by popcorn_20000 on Apr 8, 11 5:02 PM
I am so dissappionted.. I was so excited to see a new Art of Murder out.... till I played it ...
The previous Art of Murder's were large file adventure games which I truely enjoyed! This is not the same!
It is (IMO) a general Hidden Object game. Only played for about 15-20mins before decided it defnetly was not my type of game. The objects were hard to find and timed. The music was ok, but was upset that you could not hear them talking and had to read everything instead, and picture quality was not the best.
I hope that this is some mistake and if they make another Art of Murder they will go back to the same concept as the first three!
Big

Edited on 04/08/2011 at 9:12:56 PM PST

[Post New]by nutty56 on Apr 9, 11 8:20 AM
This game is awful. I can't believe I wasted the money. Bought it just because it was AOM which I really liked. They should have offered this as a demo. Save your money

[Post New]by GAThrawnIGF on Apr 11, 11 9:48 AM
This is the worst game I have ever played in quite some time. Resolution was junk, no voice acting, unbelievably grainy, lack of a skip feature, finding a special item to gain more hints is a negative. I never play games for graphics, but the graphics were junk too. HOG games are my favorite (I'm talking about the iHOGs mixed with adventure, like Mystery Case Files and those other recent releases of the past 2 years), but this game did everything about HOG games WRONG. This game, if done like the Women's Murder Club, or even the Agatha Christi mysteries, would have been an exceptional murder mystery. But I found myself not caring who did it, and I was actually sad that the killer didn't kill the antique lady too. I didn't even finish the trial once I got to the crappy timed STD.

At least we may be getting a new MCF game this year to restore order among HOG games - A company that knows how to make amazng HOG games that keep getting better with each future release.

I'm definitely taking City interactive off my radar until they go back to the way it used to be. Didn't they make great Law & Order games too that were LFAs? Shame what they resorted to...

[Post New]by swancj on Apr 12, 11 5:05 PM
Couldn't get the game to accept any new profile name, so I couldn't play it.

paula331
Minnow
Minnow
234 Posts

[Post New]by paula331 on Apr 13, 11 3:54 PM
gks1951 wrote:The game looked good as any Art of murder games.But there are no voice interactions.that's a no buy for me. Nicole always talks in her roll as F.B.I agent.There isno heart in this game, empty of feeling,it's like reading a comic book she stands still like a statue.This is a real disappointment.There is no comparison to the first three.Cheaply made.

good luck fishes.
I couldnt agree more!, What happened to the large file games? Art of Murder Secret files is the same way.......no buy for me on either. Sorry BF.........When can we see more large file game like the old Art of Murder???

mintjulelip
Minnow
Minnow
232 Posts

[Post New]by mintjulelip on Apr 13, 11 9:54 PM
This has to be the shortest game in the history of HOGs. I don't believe the demo is actually timed. Most people stated they played about 40 minutes for the demo, however, I played less than 20 minutes and completed Chapter 2. The demo version ends there. The Chapters are incredibly short and devoid of any sound other than some dreary, droning, aztec-ish strange music in the background. Most of the chapter is spent clicking through dialogue since you can't skip it and there's no voice acting. Timed "spot the difference" mini-games are not a good idea when some of the items are SO small, I couldn't tell what I was looking at even after using a hint.

While some people said the graphics were grainy, I didn't find this to be the case but I am running a gaming computer. That being said, however; many items are SUPER small and not easily seen. The HOG scenes seemed "washed out" so even larger items were difficult to spot. Many items are not just partially hidden, but almost completely hidden behind other objects. You have the ability to earn one hint per scene.

There wasn't much to pull you into the story since every single sentence of dialogue has to be clicked through and I got so tired of clicking, I really didn't care what they had to say!

I definitely won't use a game credit on this game. I probably wouldn't even buy it if it was the DD. Just not a very well made or well developed game IMHO.

ps - 2 new Dram Chronicles scheduled for release this year...one of which is supposed to be soon! yay! I need something good that isn't a CE

Edited on 04/13/2011 at 9:59:10 PM PST

NikkiBikki
Guppy
Guppy
194 Posts

[Post New]by NikkiBikki on Apr 14, 11 11:44 PM
I am so angry that games like Art of Murder and Chronicles of Mystery where we were able to use our brains, solve things and explore have now been turned into HOG games! What are City Interactive thinking! Definitely will not be buying any of these games anymore!

Also why are Big Fish Games even putting these game up for us to buy, they are terrible, have bad graphics, really dark and difficult to see objects, some of the objects cannot even be clicked! Did someone even test these games before they were put up for sale??

Come on Big Fish Games and City Interactive, do you not know your loyal customers anymore, bring back the Large file, adventure games we love!

Cobweb55
Minnow
Minnow
256 Posts

[Post New]by Cobweb55 on Apr 16, 11 10:12 PM
I can't believe I'm telling this on myself, but here goes.....

A couple of hours ago I downloaded and played "Art of Murder Secret Files" and posted a comment bitching, moaning and whining about it for all the reasons I've read of the previous 5 pages. Then I saw this one, downloaded and played the demo. Not one timed scene in the demo, but as soon as I used one of my punches, downloaded and started playing, there they were.... every single scene was timed!!! I HATE TIMED GAMES!!! I want to relax and enjoy myself after long work days, and now I have stressed myself out TWICE in one day!!! (I'm no quitter... played both to the very bitter end(s)

I loved the first three Art of Murder games, but after these last two... put a fork in me, I'm DONE!!! No more Art of Murder for this old broad. I'm spending my money on games where the developers listen to the consumers. Pity... Art of Murder had a good thing going. Just goes to prove, if it ain't broke, don't fix it!!!

Cobweb55
Minnow
Minnow
256 Posts

[Post New]by Cobweb55 on Apr 16, 11 10:14 PM
Sweet!! I morphed into a lobster!! Being a squid kinda creeped me out.... LOLL

rdekker1
Guppy
Guppy
104 Posts

[Post New]by rdekker1 on Apr 20, 11 7:30 PM
I am a big fan of the three Art of murder games and was so excited when I saw this one. But its a disappointment for me. I sometimes have a hard time finding objects, and especially find the differences. So having to be timed during that was not fun. I couldn't get passed the first spot the differences so i just gave up. This is the second game this week that I bought and did not like. I guess I've learned a lesson. Play the demo before buying. That way if I don't like it them I know not to buy it.

userfree
Guppy
Guppy
168 Posts

[Post New]by userfree on Apr 20, 11 7:32 PM
Played the other "Art of Murder" and must say it wasn't for me; think the dev has changed the format to HOG or IHOG to attract more buyers; not finished with the demo yet, so the jury's still out; sorry to the others who enjoyed the series in its' previous format.

[Post New]by Windlepoons on Apr 22, 11 2:58 PM
Dragonella wrote:What do you do with the bullet shells?

[Post New]by Windlepoons on Apr 22, 11 3:09 PM
you pick up the casing found at the scene and offer it to the six bullets ready for comparison and when you offer the casing to the correct bullet it sticks and you have a match. Simples!

miller44
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by miller44 on Apr 23, 11 5:45 PM
I cannot see where there is a hint button, does this mean the screen is not all showing?

mycatluna
Minnow
Minnow
265 Posts

[Post New]by mycatluna on May 1, 11 8:14 AM
I have played the entire Art of Murder series and wasn't too surprised to finally see them release a Hidden Object Adventure. I don't think this means the end of the Adventure series, but it's a quick way to make a profit and that's a big draw for many companies, especially when Adventure games are not as popular with many players.

That being said, I don't think it's fair, as I've seen in some reviews, to compare this game to the previous three adventure games as they are entirely different genres. There can be no comparison.

With that also being said, standing alone it's not that great. It plays just like a developers first attempt to take an adventure game character and incorporate her into a hidden object game. It does NOT flow smoothly, it is extremely short and plays a bit awkward. As the walkthrough does not contain much more gameplay past the short demo time allotted, I will not be buying this one.

Perhaps the developers will get better at it or perhaps they should just stick to producing the Art of Murder Adventure games, which they are good at. I would be willing to demo another in the future; however, I don't hold out high hopes should they attempt to do it again.

They may be better served to create a new character if they want to try out this genre as many fans of the Art of Murder series, including myself, have a difficult time adjusting to this sudden change in genre.

My advice to the developers: don't just go where the money is. Work at perfecting the talent the team already possesses (adventure games) and the money will follow. This could end up driving fans away from the series, IMHO.

Bummer.

Go to: