hdnobjgamluvr
Shark
Shark
12,611 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Gravely Silent: House of Deadlock Collector's Edition

[Post New]by hdnobjgamluvr on Apr 7, 11 4:23 PM
Geez...I just noticed I morphed. I made jelly!

sixmilecoss
Guppy
Guppy
134 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Gravely Silent: House of Deadlock Collector's Edition

[Post New]by sixmilecoss on Apr 7, 11 4:29 PM
PowderMonkey wrote:This is a good one! Played about ½ hour, then bought. I like spooky games, which this one is (I can live with the spiders, as long as they are not in my house!! (which they are...)).
Seems there is no clicking penalty, and the hint system can be used to navigate the game too.

yes there is a clicking penalty. i caught me when i was having trouble see the teeny tiny zodiac symbols. vines grow up over the scene.

brandy914
Minnow
Minnow
270 Posts

[Post New]by brandy914 on Apr 7, 11 4:39 PM
Holy download Batman. This must be a long game. I would say "can't wait" however I think i'm going to have to LOL

mhatfie
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,447 Posts

[Post New]by mhatfie on Apr 7, 11 4:42 PM
Askold

a) please do not give us sparklies in Advanced Mode
b) please do not penalize us for over-clicking by making the screen crack/cloud up/go dark/go light or do other crazy things!
c) please make the Inventory drop out of sight when not in use
d) please make the puzzles/mini games just a little bit harder (so we use our brains a bit more), but I did love the inter-active one above the fireplace in the Crypt Keepers house
e) please keep allowing us to access the SG in the demo

Above are some of the things Kelvarda stated in her post. I would like to add one more thing to that list and that is to please not make the Hidden objects so blurry and hidden. I don't mind a challenge but in most of the scenes I had to use the hint button several times (which I don't like to do) and even then the objects were not easily seen. thank you for listening.

steve_t
Squid
Squid
60 Posts

[Post New]by steve_t on Apr 7, 11 4:48 PM
orijojo wrote:Thanks Casualgran, always wait for your reviews.

Love Vogat games and as all reviews thus far are possitive, it sounds like this will be a buy for me also.

I know I’m probably preaching to the converted but just a word for the Aussies on purchasing C/E games. Always buy using US Dollars not AUSD, and you will save yourself about $1.00 on C/E games. AUSD is about $1.03 US today, so if you use USD it will cost you about $13.46AUSD, instead if $14.55AUSD.

Jojo

BF stated (in January, I think) that they would be using the exchange rate as of December 1 2010, when the Aussie dollar was not nearly as strong.
They did not mention when, or how often this rate would be updated.

dancemom1
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,198 Posts

[Post New]by dancemom1 on Apr 7, 11 4:57 PM
Wow, that demo went way too fast! I love this game. I especially love the SG...very user friendly (for a change). Like the fact that it opens on the last page you were on each time. Such a pain to have to run through numerous pages to find where you left off. Graphics very nice, music very nice, excellent game play. Okay, can't pass this one up either...here goes my second CE game this month and it's only the 7th! Thanks for the great game.

[Post New]by hydrogibbon on Apr 7, 11 5:20 PM
I was going to start waiting for SE's but will probably be buying this in the CE. I've only played about half an hour and was surprised the time went so fast. I do like having the strategy guide incorperated into the games although I haven't needed to look at it so far in this game. I would like to see the developers drop the concept art, wallpapers etc and just add more length to the game. I think CE's should take a couple of hours longer than the SE. It seems more like 30 minutes in most of the ones I've purchased. I love the big hairy spiders in this game. I tend to look around things like that and actually had to pick up items that were hidden in the spider. Loved it. I also had to use several hints in the hidden object scenes. Some of the items are way too small.

packrat54
Starfish
Starfish
44 Posts

[Post New]by packrat54 on Apr 7, 11 6:18 PM
Just finished the demo and liked it. I'll probably wait until the SE comes out but that is because I have limited funds not because the game was not worth the CE. One thing that I liked about the game was that it carried you forward into the next task. I find that some games are just plain hard only because I can't figure out what to do next. As others have already stated, I was a little irritated about the size of some of the items in the **** scene (i.e. 2 Bows). The graphics are good and the music is appropirate for the scene. The puzzles were great and used ones that haven't been in other games so it was fun to have something that was a challenge. In conclusion, this is a keeper! Thanks, BFG and keep them coming!

yourshannygirl
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,367 Posts

[Post New]by yourshannygirl on Apr 7, 11 6:27 PM
I enjoyed the demo. So far I didn't have too much of a problem finding the hidden objects. I think I was pretty prepared for the virtual spiders with everyone's warnings. I don't like real spiders at all. EWWW!!! I seemed to be able to handle the virtual ones without having a heart attack. Yup...I'm still here...conscious and my skin is pink...dry...and I am not having chest pains! LOL! So, I think I will continue with the CE! Ha ha ha! All kidding aside, it was fun in it's own creepy way and I look forward to finishing the game! I was glad to see a comment from the developer in here and I've enjoyed many other games from Vogat, too!

Edited on 04/07/2011 at 6:28:04 PM PST

VTCT
Clownfish
Clownfish
591 Posts

[Post New]by VTCT on Apr 7, 11 6:44 PM
Now we talking about a great game. I will enjoy all the in's & out for this one.

birdie5
Clownfish
Clownfish
559 Posts

[Post New]by birdie5 on Apr 7, 11 8:41 PM
Hello Askold,

Thank you for joining the forum and asking for our opinion. I have all of your games and love them. Really like the art work, variety of scenes, mix of game play, and music. I was a bit hesitant with this game due to the spiders, and some of the hidden objects were small and blurry. However, now that I have progressed to the castle I am not having any problem with the hidden objects and am enjoying the game immensley. Also like that there is a task list to remind me what I still need to do as I do not have time during the week to play through the entire game.

Suggestion for future games would be a map. Doesn't have to be interactive, just a map in the stragety guide or a journal would be helpful.

Thanks again,
Birdie

amj0963
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,544 Posts

[Post New]by amj0963 on Apr 7, 11 8:46 PM
i am back after demoing 15 minutes (just making sure it worked on computer). i went under options and unchecked windowed mode so the game would fit on my screen. excellent game, very creepy, love all the sounds.

the only complaint i can think of besides the issues with the sparkles and the over clicking penalty is that if the game can have all of the different sounds, why can't you have voice overs for the story. that is one of my pet peeves as i love to hear the story in the different characters.

maybe this could be added to how can we improve our games... do voice overs it sells at least for me it does because this way i don't have to take time out to read the story and i can enjoy the scenery.

i did purchase.

i give this game a 4 1/2 out 5 (only because there was no voice overs)

swedane
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
494 Posts

[Post New]by swedane on Apr 7, 11 9:03 PM
pmh5701 wrote:Game looks really great, but after 3 minutes of play, it said "times up" and kicked me out. Never got a chance to even get into the plot. What happened?

If you have a multi-user systems, perhaps flushing your browser cache would help!

Guppy
Guppy
142 Posts

[Post New]by 0161 on Apr 7, 11 10:03 PM
Bought it, played it, loved it!

Lucy1997
Clownfish
Clownfish
852 Posts

[Post New]by Lucy1997 on Apr 7, 11 10:12 PM
I confess that I broke down and bought the CE, which I am enjoying: I'm taking it slowly because I'm tired; I also left my reading glasses at work, so some of the hidden object scenes are difficult because I can't see the items clearly. I do appreciate, however, the innovation of at least one of the hidden object scenes in which you have to find items in pairs, when the pairs don't really look the same. That was really quite challenging, especially half blind. I haven't found the mini-games too challenging, but that's okay tonight--I'm not sure I'm up to harder ones!

I am not bothered by spiders or rats, though people who are should avoid this game: I even found myself staring a little too long at the hairy tarantula legs in one scene! But I am afraid of snakes, and this game not only has lots of snakes but also has the worst snake in a hidden object scene I have encountered in a game [spoiler alert]: a snake rears its head from the bottom of the screen (which startled me into vocalization) and then you (shudder) have to click its tongue out, which was horrifying. I even used the hint button to see if I was right because I really didn't want to click the snake's mouth.... I know it's silly to be afraid of virtual snakes, and I'm not saying that Vogat should cut out such scenes--I'm continuing to play the game, after all--but I'm a little nervous because some of the text seems to foreshadow even worse snake scenes to come....

I too agree that in hard mode we probably could use fewer sparkles, but I enjoyed that this game had enough scenes you can access and enough objects you find that it was challenging to remember exactly where you had to use them, especially since you find one item but not the other(s) until several scenes later. I finally quit playing tonight because I realized I was getting confused about what was located in the eight rooms to which I had access.

I also agree that this is another great Vogat game, and the length on this one is quite good. I'm working on wife no. 3 and have played for about three hours.

[Post New]by kangaroo555 on Apr 7, 11 10:34 PM
Another wow game for me. I was just playing away on the demo and had to shut down for a minute to do something. Much to my shock, I only had seven minutes left to play. Absorbing game, great graphics. Just know this is going to be another one where I yell out, WHY ISN'T IT LONGER? A definite buy for me. No complaints about the game at all.

rhonayotte
Catfish
Catfish
1,555 Posts

[Post New]by rhonayotte on Apr 7, 11 10:42 PM
Well, I gave it a shot. I am glad many fishies are enjoying this. But it's not for me. I found the scenes way too dark for one thing. The objects in the H O scenes were not that easy to locate. I even had a hard time determining what to do with the orange colored objects. When I find myself using Hint more times then I like, then for me, that just doesn't cut it. In a matter of moments, I was back to the H O scene with the huge spider...not that the spider bothered me...but to be taken back to that scene so soon wasn't my idea of variety. I know there are many games that you return to previous H O scenes, but so soon? Makes me wonder if that is a constant re-occurrence in the game.

For those who bought it and are liking it...happy gaming!

johnandi5
Starfish
Starfish
49 Posts

[Post New]by johnandi5 on Apr 7, 11 11:07 PM
I had a problem which I have posted in the relevant forum, but wondered if anyone had the same problem of game crashing in the third chapter. I also found the game stuttered....I mean by that the cursor froze and then caught up. I've done the normal clean out cache etc. etc.

Unfortunately now I have to start the game again, which although the game is great am very frustrated about that...Oh well time for bed.

Menesa
Guppy
Guppy
107 Posts

[Post New]by Menesa on Apr 8, 11 12:36 AM
Luvin it. ..creepie,crawlies and all big thanks to Vogal for a great game with a dark, intriguing but not "sicko" storyline..
So a big lil fish thanks from "down under" ...
Casual Gran love your reviews and youve never "let me down'...thankyou

Ive not had any techie probs...only froze when Athan reminded me it was prayer time
:

Edited on 04/08/2011 at 12:38:49 AM PST

lavrovanna
Lobster
Lobster
88 Posts

[Post New]by lavrovanna on Apr 8, 11 12:44 AM
ah, I am LOBSTER! coool!

Go to: