asail
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Art of Murder: Secret Files

[Post New]by asail on Apr 16, 11 10:13 AM
Well, I have one word to descrie this one..."disappointment". The last few Art of Murder series have been logical and challening, not to mention a lot longer. This one seemed hastily put together and quite short on play time. I'm certainly glad I did not pay full price for this one.

Cobweb55
Minnow
Minnow
256 Posts

[Post New]by Cobweb55 on Apr 16, 11 12:21 PM
How bitterly disappointing!! I loved all the "Art of Murder" series and was really looking forward to this one. The game play was quite different than the others and at first I really liked it until I discovered that the **** scenes were timed. I don't play timed ANYTHING on purpose!! I'm so stressed at my job that when I sit down to play, I want to take my time and enjoy what I'm doing. Some of the scenes were very dark and the objects were not to scale. The spiders were enormous and one paper clip, if it were in scale with the other iitems in that scene would have been about 3 feet tall.

The biggest disappointment however, was the length of the game... what the hell was someone thinking??? This took 70 minutes start to finish... I didn't even have time to get up and get another cup of coffee or use the bathroom!! The ending was so abrupt that I just sat here looking at my pc screen, shaking my head and feeling like a dupe for buying this game. This has surely soured me on anything else this developer will ever put out here.

Telling you to try before you buy will NOT help in this case.... My suggestion is to skip it all together, as there are too many other great games out there in the pond waiting for you!!! Happy gaming.... elsewhere.....

Cobweb55
Minnow
Minnow
256 Posts

[Post New]by Cobweb55 on Apr 16, 11 12:25 PM
Oops!! To be fair, I have to say that for ONCE (okay, maybe 3 times) this game totally fit my widescreen laptop and I did not have to suffer the dreaded black bars on both sides of the screen. This was the BEST part of the game for me!!!

dancemom1
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,198 Posts

[Post New]by dancemom1 on Apr 16, 11 3:15 PM
Grahics okay, but blurry in some areas, items very small and blended way too much to find i.e., vials. Just not a very interesting game to me. No buy for sure on this one.

bratzgram
Clownfish
Clownfish
634 Posts

[Post New]by bratzgram on Apr 17, 11 8:13 AM
I thought having some Hidden Object in an Art Of Murder would be fun. They made the scenes to dark with tiny little objects that made me frustrated. What was up with that match test tube game? Irritating! Even with as long as it took me to read the text and to do the find the test tube and match the test tube games I finished the demo with 22 min. left. I am going to check out the walk through because I really didn't get enough time to come to a decision on buying.
Really wanted to buy a few before this weekends sale ends but can't find my own list of games I wanted Hubby uses computer also. Anyone want to play hidden object for that?
Oh Well. Everyone have a great game and get before the sale ends. I am if I can remember which ones I wanted.

gojojogo
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
465 Posts

[Post New]by gojojogo on Apr 17, 11 10:08 AM
Another fishy that is really disappointed with this game. Trusted the makers and the title to buy without looking - big mistake! No technical problems but as has already been said timer on HOG where the items are incredibly well hidden is a no-no. Have mixed emtions about it being way too short, as I wasn't really enjoying it in the first place. BIG

kisjaz34
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by kisjaz34 on Apr 17, 11 9:36 PM
This game was a disappointment. There are no challenges and way to much talking and HOG's. I also didn't want to be lead where to go next by highlighted stars, I wanted to figure it out on my own.

[Post New]by isisunveiled on Apr 19, 11 7:04 PM
What an incredibly dumb, boring game. The HOG version of Art of Murder series is an absolute waste of time and money. Whoever decided to make it a HOG totally ruined this episode. I'll never buy one of these again. Bring back Nicole in 3rd person character, so she can actually walk around and search for clues.

[Post New]by bonnadonna on Apr 20, 11 2:52 PM
for everyone that finished the game in record time and it was so boring ,how do you arrange the gears in the well.

mity4
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
1 Posts

[Post New]by mity4 on Apr 20, 11 7:24 PM
soooo disappointed with this game was expecting and looking forward to another 'fbi confidential' or 'hunt for the puppeteer'. no vocals, no story, really lame puzzles, all hidden object, very juvenile, no mystery at all with this one. too easy and quick. whats up with the 'hints'? i dont want hints! i want challanges! this game took me 35 minutes to complete, most of the time was spent reading the dialog!! the other 'art of murders' could take days to finish!! nicole doesnt move, there are no objects to use/combine/make, nothing to explore!! im really mad this game was soo bad, good thing i didnt pay $6.99 for it. gotta love the coupons. i hope this game isnt a preview of what we can expect from now on with the art of murder series. please redeem yourself. until then this one gets 2 BIG THUMBS DOWN!!!!!

[Post New]by marloQ on Apr 21, 11 6:52 PM
This game sucks. I love the other Art of Murders but this was very disappointing and a total waste of money. If I wanted to play a hidden object game (which I hate) I would have purchased one. Hope future versions go back to the original concept.

[Post New]by WaterDreamer on Apr 24, 11 8:08 PM
Oh Brother.....did I make a mistake purchasing this game. Very short for a large file and the only challenge was having to find tiny objects in dark places. No dialogue sound was a real disappointment and made for a boring read. Definately does not live up to the adventure quality of the previous Art of Murder games.

[Post New]by Diccon on Apr 25, 11 1:54 PM
My daughter and I found previous art of Murder games very enjoyable, but this one is almost pure hidden object and not very good at that. Unfortunately, my daughter bought it before trying the demo and she has wasted her money.

The artwork comes from at least three different artists so one gets scenes like the scaffolding where one has to turn the brightness/gamma up considerably to stand a chance of seeing tiny, dark badly-drawn objects on a dark background and the next scene where the bright scene contains huge 'hidden' objects.

The puzzles are poor (e.g matching DNA samples by completely unmemorable coloured shapes turns in to a tedious try-every-combination).

I finally gave it up at the well when the rules for fitting the gears cannot be re-displayed and the puzzle becomes insoluble.

EXTREMELY POOR GAME.

[Post New]by darjo33 on Apr 27, 11 5:29 PM
Darn, another hidden object game. Very disappointing. BFG already has too many of these!

[Post New]by delaphine on Apr 30, 11 8:25 AM
I'm very disappointed in this game. I expected much more than a hidden object game, since i enjoyed the previous Art of Murder Games.

mycatluna
Minnow
Minnow
265 Posts

[Post New]by mycatluna on May 1, 11 9:08 AM
I have played the entire Art of Murder series and wasn't too surprised to see them release a second Hidden Object Adventure. I don't think this means the end of the Adventure series, but it's a quick way to make a profit and that's a big draw for many companies, especially when Adventure games are not as popular with many players.

That being said, I don't think it's fair to compare this game to the previous three adventure games as they are entirely different genres. There can be no comparison.

With that also being said, standing alone it's not that great. It plays just like a developers beginning attempt to take an adventure game character and incorporate her into a hidden object game. It does NOT flow smoothly, it is extremely short, plays a bit awkward and is minus a plot with substance. As the walk-through does not contain much more game-play past the short demo time allotted, I will not be buying this one or the other one either, for which I posted a very similar review.

Perhaps the developers should just stick to producing the Art of Murder Adventure games, which they are good at. I have so far demoed both of these Art of Murder Hidden Object Games and doubt I will ever download another in the future; unless of course, they go back to creating another Art of Murder Adventure game in the series.

They may be better served to create a new character if they want to try out the hidden object genre as many fans of the Art of Murder series, including myself, have a difficult time adjusting to this sudden change with such a well-known character.

My advice to the developers: don't just go where the money is. Work at perfecting the talent the team already possesses (adventure games) and the money will follow. This could end up driving fans away from the series, IMHO.

What a waste of a demo. Thank goodness the demo was so short in this instance I suppose!

VanRonk
Starfish
Starfish
57 Posts

[Post New]by VanRonk on May 4, 11 11:11 AM
Big thanks to all reviewers but specifically ember89 and mycatluna.

When they released the first "Art of Murder" HOG, I was so incensed I went straight to the CI website to have a rant. No reply.

Anyhoo, the upshot is they release another "Art of Murder" HOG! Wot? No thank you.

Totally lost on what to buy? Cannot wait wait for my monthly credit, lol.
I've done the Art of Murder, Syberia, Paradise and Journey to somewhere (where I was a girl and had a monkey.)

A real shame that the Sherlock Holmes games don't want to work on my machine???

Any recommendations please?

[Post New]by gilliebod on May 4, 11 11:43 PM
I purchased this game, having prevoiusly enjoyed others in the series, believing it to be a large file game. In reality, some of the free trials have lasted longer. There was little more than 1 hours play before i completed it due to the lack of content in the game.
Categorising this as 'large file' is a serious misrepresentation (you state large file games are over 600mb, this game being only 290mb) and it does not measure up to the usual standard of your games, most of which are superb.

[Post New]by whodunit2 on May 7, 11 8:06 AM
Bought this on the faith of how brilliant and challenging the other Art of Murder Games were. I was looking forward to this game but it is a total waste of time and an exploitation of a very good adult sleuthing series to create drivel... I think someone has likened it to a kid's game. It's definitely a joke when compared to the others. It's not even a mediocre HOG. Couldn't get past the beginning of the game; and it's not a large file game - is that a misrepresentation I read?! It's also not possible to sleuth for yourself. Very ... no ... totally!! disappointing Next time I see Art of Murder... not sure I'll be buying! Hope Art of Murder returns to its former excellence...

[Post New]by wendylosangeles on May 18, 11 8:59 AM
its a HOG now? will NOT be buying. I'm very disappointed. i played all the other games in this series and loved them. not this one. bleugh!

Go to: