Re:Your Comments and Reviews for The Agency of Anomalies: Mystic Hospital Collector's Edition

[Post New]by jenifercher on Apr 16, 11 12:15 AM
I just finished the demo. Thought it was spooky and awsome! I am downloading the full version right now. Don't think i could wait until the standard version to finish playing.

puppycake
Guppy
Guppy
184 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for The Agency of Anomalies: Mystic Hospital Collector's Edition

[Post New]by puppycake on Apr 16, 11 12:15 AM
Rhysdux wrote:This game scared me so much and made me so uncomfortable that I had to stop playing. The First World War was nightmarish enough, but add in human experimentation, an evil German doctor and a crumbling hospital in which people have been imprisoned and transformed into monsters--this may be taking place ten years after the First World War, but I'm getting a billion Holocaust and Josef Mengele vibes from this.

I'm sorry, but I can't deal with this. The game itself may be fine...but the atmosphere is just too much for me.

I couldn't agree more! How many times so many people have asked for less dark, evil, occult, paranormal, creepy, vampire, ghosts, tarot cards, demons, ALL demonic HOG's, enough already!
Again I am only asking for an occasional GOOD quality HOG or especially CE editions that are not occult. We that do not like it have not been able to play a IHOG or HOG CE for many, many months. I know some like it and thats fine, but those of us that don't may we have at least one a month please???????? I have a letter written out to a bunch of developers that I just need to tweek a bit and then off it goes. Not that it will help, it's the kind of world we live in now. No wonder it's so messed up.

bella81762
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
24,424 Posts

[Post New]by bella81762 on Apr 16, 11 12:40 AM
hi meg (and welcome to the pond) the bonus content itself is as long as some recent full game se releases. for sure a game worthy of the ce title

Dianneamyte
Guppy
Guppy
169 Posts

[Post New]by Dianneamyte on Apr 16, 11 1:21 AM
Good Game, very clear HOG scenes, interesting story line. After playing, the demo I found the game to be challenging enough to hold my interest. After reading the reviews stating the bonus play is unusually long, this is going to be a buy for me.
I really do not mind paying extra for great game although, from reading some of the reviews there a some that do not agree with me. oh well.

Orbie1
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by Orbie1 on Apr 16, 11 5:38 AM
I don't buy demo plays for any game even if its a good game . Demo makes think that the buyer is hiding something from me and is afraid to give me a whole hour to play and test the game. It could be the game is going to be to easy or something. But either way I never, ever buy demo games. This one included.

jennsmom
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by jennsmom on Apr 16, 11 6:34 AM
I'm enjoying the demo but I'm still deciding whether to buy this CE or wait for the SE. The game will be a purchase, I'm just not sure which version. It's nicely creepy, already made me jump once, and I like the graphics. The SG is a pain. I don't like having to start from the table of contents every time I open it. Yes, I looked at it a couple of times just to see how it worked. But, since I wouldn't be using it all that much, that's a small quibble. Ah...decisions, decisions..

peglegann
Stingray
Stingray
5,174 Posts

[Post New]by peglegann on Apr 16, 11 6:36 AM
Orbie1 wrote:I don't buy demo plays for any game even if its a good game . Demo makes think that the buyer is hiding something from me and is afraid to give me a whole hour to play and test the game. It could be the game is going to be to easy or something. But either way I never, ever buy demo games. This one included.

Welcome to the Pond. What a shame! This Sample actually took me an hour to complete, so depending on your speed you may get more out of it. Glitches can happen whether it is a sample or a full hour. Surely the forum will tell you if there is a problem This is a really good game but you have your opinion of course

tehi
Minnow
Minnow
234 Posts

[Post New]by tehi on Apr 16, 11 7:09 AM
HI fishies
Finished playing TWICE, in advanced mode. Yes, I have a life. I played twice to try to get all achievements and still can't get "excellent" for finding all the top secret documents. Is this only achievable when you finish the bonus round or did I miss a document??
PS: Love to all you fishies who spoke my thoughts. Cherbtoo: you are the greatest Stariannah: sooooo funny and finally Elldee2728 you nailed it with your reference to redrum (which I played but it really bothered me) in calling both games "sobering" Perfect description. Hope everyone enjoys

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Apr 16, 11 7:13 AM
I played 50 minutes and haven´t even yet finished the demo. But I did skip 2 mini games. LOL

What I would like to ask of the developers is NOT to add 30 minutes to the time we have apparently played each time we skip a mini game. What is the purpose for this?
I look at the time I played, and it says 2 hours and soandso many minutes, which is silly, because I didn´t play that long. But because I skipped 2 mini games, I get penalised for it. I really dislike these point-giving HOGs and/or when extra play time is added as a penalty.

I also would have appreciated some info about having to find postcards, and whether they have any meaning at the end of the game. Instead I happened to click on a postcard and thus found out I had to collect 30 of them - or however many. *sigh*

Kudos however to the developers for allowing us to look at the WHOLE Strategy Guide, including the Bonus game, which seems to be longer than what I usually get.

And now to the game itself: As others have said, it reminded me straight away of "Haunted Halls", which I own and love, and I first thought: Oh no, not another Hospital-themed game. But I enjoyed playing 50 minutes before I went out again. I like the graphics, and gameplay is interesting, and I got a bit of a fright pretty early into the game (werewolf). LOL

And I like dark, occult, creepy, vampire, ghost, tarot cards, demons-kind of games just as much as the lighter and brighter games that have fairies and cuddly creatures in them. I have an open mind to pretty much everything and enjoy a game for the gameplay, not for the theme, so I don´t really mind which theme a game has. The game has to be interesting and fun to play, the graphics have to be good and the H0 scenes in this game are excellent!

This is a buy for me.

cme550
Herring
Herring
318 Posts

[Post New]by cme550 on Apr 16, 11 7:56 AM
Well, I found a screen resolution that allowed me to play the game nicely. It's a great game, very spooky, which I love, and I will buy--but only when it comes out as a standard version. It's way to much of a hassle with changing screen resolutions every time I want to play to pay the CE price.

If the developer is reading this (as I know sometimes they do), please make the games to where all can play without changing resolutions. I had to go to 1280x960 (and still play in window mode). I use 1152x864 and I cant go any higher as every thing is so much smaller on my monitor, and my eyesight is not very good.

LizzieK
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,190 Posts

[Post New]by LizzieK on Apr 16, 11 12:13 PM
The scenes in this game are dilapidated, dirty, broken, dreary and generally unpleasant to look at. The story line is cruel and maniacal. Soldiers who were trying to serve their country were subjected to experiments with no regard for their safety or humanity. Ultimately these unfortunate young men were turned into what the game describes as monsters.

There is the typical backtracking and searching numerous locations to find items to use, then you have to remember where to use them and find your way back. For me it is the same old, same old, in an ugly setting, with a really cruel story. Overall it was just too depressing to play. I will pass on this one.

[Post New]by insanecats on Apr 16, 11 12:43 PM
hummmmmmmmmmm like the game but when i finalllyyyyyyyyy got to elevator hand and ball disc vanished and cant find it anywhere

sunnyglow
Clownfish
Clownfish
804 Posts

[Post New]by sunnyglow on Apr 16, 11 1:09 PM
Really like the game. I like the extra touches such as when you click on the skeleton, the skeleton looks up. The puzzles are great. I am kinda stuck but am going to not look for hints ad I want all the awards given at the end Really like that you get an award for not using hints. I disagree that this game is "dreary" and "scary" and "depressing." I suppose if you were involved in war, you would not like this game. But, to me this is rather mellow and really deals with the supernatural and is more science fiction than actually involving war action. Cool Game. I give it an A I would give it a plus as well, but I have just gotten into the first chapter. But so, far, it seems worth the money. A.

ducle
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
422 Posts

[Post New]by ducle on Apr 16, 11 1:31 PM
I'm shocked--SHOCKED! --at how much I liked the demo of this game. I'm not one for creepy themes or para normal stuff and usually avoid anything that fictionalizes the two world wars since I'm a history buff. But this game got under my skin. To me, the graphics are beautiful rather than dreary, and I thoroughly enjoyed the gameplay (I'm not a very experienced HOG player so I don't mind the handholding). Haven't yet succumbed to the lure of the CE but this game might be the exception.

Edited on 04/16/2011 at 1:32:11 PM PST

[Post New]by spidyriffic on Apr 16, 11 1:50 PM
STUCK AT THE ELAVATOR! HELP! cant find the medallion thingy the one with the hand on it???? ANYONE???
This game is challenging and fun. Unlike some of the other reviews I love the creepiness! The art work is impressive. I am a die hard MCF fan and not many games can hold a candle to it. but this one is close.

eedebeep
Guppy
Guppy
181 Posts

overall a B+

[Post New]by eedebeep on Apr 16, 11 2:08 PM
story is a little weak, not enough hidden object scenes, the postcards you collect are too easy to find and there's no 'reward' for finding them all. a fun game overall, but I'd give anything for another Madame Fate!

Brendansoma1
Minnow
Minnow
255 Posts

[Post New]by Brendansoma1 on Apr 16, 11 2:33 PM
Well I finished the game, and was very disappointed with the extra play. For me there were far too many hidden object scenes (very repetative) and few and hard puzzles.
I loved the actual game though. Also because the hidden object scenes were fewer and they were interchanged with 'putting the item in it's place'.

Edited on 04/16/2011 at 2:37:06 PM PST

Smallhaven
Rainbowfish
Rainbowfish
42,220 Posts

[Post New]by Smallhaven on Apr 16, 11 4:20 PM
Played the demo hard mode and find it a good game. Not great and certainly not worthy of my investing for the CE. I'll wait for the SE.

dancemom1
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,198 Posts

[Post New]by dancemom1 on Apr 16, 11 4:36 PM
I don't pay much attention to the "story" of the games, I just like to play. Does make it more interesting and fun if there is a good story behind it though. This one wasn't bad. Typical story. Graphics not bad at all. Items not hard to find, games a bit challenging, but I like that. Not too much direction as the games goes, but the SG is very helpful. The only thing I really didn't like was the that when you left the SG, it did not hold where you left off, so you have to start from the beginning of the chapter you left and "thumb" through pages to get where you need to be...don't like it, takes too much time and frustrating. Your excellent reviews helped me decide that I probably will purchase this one.

I still have 2 credits...how about a couple of nice long SE games this month!?

[Post New]by BrendaRisk on Apr 16, 11 5:10 PM
spidyriffic wrote: STUCK AT THE ELAVATOR! HELP! cant find the medallion thingy the one with the hand on it???? ANYONE???
This game is challenging and fun. Unlike some of the other reviews I love the creepiness! The art work is impressive. I am a die hard MCF fan and not many games can hold a candle to it. but this one is close.

Did you ever get a responce to this, I'm stuck with the same situation and gone over and over things until I'm pulling my hair out. Any help appreciated.

Go to: