Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Spirits of Mystery: Amber Maiden Collector's Edition

[Post New]by daisyduck352 on Apr 21, 11 3:09 PM
LOVED THE GAME... Won't buy CE but will wait for the SE.. Liked the graphics, storyline and music. The **** were clear and enjoyed the puzzles. Just wish it was a SE.. I give it 5 out of 5 stars..

edmee1947
Clownfish
Clownfish
629 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Spirits of Mystery: Amber Maiden Collector's Edition

[Post New]by edmee1947 on Apr 21, 11 3:24 PM
daisyduck352,don't worry!the bonus level is very short and so so easy ,even in hard mode(did it in 1/4 hour!)so you can wait until SE and miss nothing!it ends the story but is very short!

Edited on 04/21/2011 at 3:25:59 PM PST

[Post New]by hydrogibbon on Apr 21, 11 3:50 PM
I guess I'm slow. I didn't finish the trial in the 1 hour time limit. I was working on the clam puzzle when the time ended. I purchased the game because I was truly enjoying it. There's already been many posts about the gameplay, etc. so I won't bother adding my two cents to that.

care___916
Clownfish
Clownfish
988 Posts

[Post New]by care___916 on Apr 21, 11 4:42 PM
ERS need I say more. I agree with all the positive reviews. Graphics are super as usual and voices so far fit the game.

Finished the demo and just purchased. Cant wait to start again.

My favorites games are the dark and spooky ones but enjoy this devs games so much cant resist purchasing.

Happy game day to all fishies

Icky_Etardo
Lobster
Lobster
84 Posts

[Post New]by Icky_Etardo on Apr 21, 11 6:56 PM
Well I guess I'll be the one to disagree and say that I found this game a little...uninspiring. Old, tired storyline, old, tired puzzles, and the graphics weren't so much better than many of the SE games. While it was fun, I didn't think it met the bar of a CE game. After hearing that the bonus round isn't very long, I don't think that this game is worth the CE price, to be quite honest.

It's usually the storyline that gets me to spring for the extra money in a CE, and with it being yet another baby-princess-grows-up-to-save-the-kingdom yarn, I'm pretty sure I know how it ends

Please, developers, either give us fantastic new puzzles, or an interesting plot full of twists and turns, or at the very least, give us a significant portion of extra game play (another hour or so). If you don't have at least one of the three (and for double the price, you should pick one and give us the significant extra gameplay in the bonus round) then release it as an SE and get high praise for the fine graphics and such.

I didn't find anything wrong with the game, of course, and I'm glad some of you were enjoying it. I'm afraid it's just not for me at this price. Maybe as an SE or a DD.

sigrid1
Starfish
Starfish
52 Posts

[Post New]by sigrid1 on Apr 21, 11 7:40 PM
I play alot....LOL I'm so very glad to see a up-beat game for a change. Life is hard enough lately without playing games that deal with gore and death non stop. I got so desperate I switched to match 3 games after the last two sanitarium HOBs. It just got depressing. My dear friend has a husband newly diagnosed with cancer...who wants to play a game of death to relax? Just my opinion. It was great! Nice and long, good puzzles and beautiful scenes. I guess the other types of games are great if your life is upbeat. But sometimes, they just get get kinda old.... Thanks BigFish. Finally a good game!

ember89
Flounder
Flounder
2,103 Posts

[Post New]by ember89 on Apr 21, 11 9:52 PM
i will be with the crowd waiting for the SE release...

beautiful graphics in most scenes, but some junky HOGs put my fur in a ruff...

path is very straightforward, no need for SG - nothing too crazy that i can't depend on my fellow fishies in the forums to help me out

love the amber effects! very dreamy and firey and ooohh....

anyway... time to tuck this one away and wait for the 'real' one

unicornone
Guppy
Guppy
133 Posts

[Post New]by unicornone on Apr 21, 11 9:53 PM
An excellent HOG game, lovely graphics and a very 'familiar' storyline. All the mini games were quite easy so did not require hints or any strategy guides to help here (maybe could have been a little harder to extend game length). On the length of the game, it was not overly long... is it just me or are the bonus games on these CEs becoming longer. Personally I would rather see the bonus game as part of the SE but I guess these companies would not make as much money then. Not convinced that there is enough difference between a CE and SE to make it worth buying, not even on extended bonus chapters, but I keep buying them anyway... I am a sucker for a new game. Your choice... buy now as a CE and be mildly annoyed you couldn't wait for the SE, or wait for the SE and be glad you saved your money but wonder what bonus content you missed, or care enough about.

So this is a thumbs up and recommend you buy.... your choice for CE or SE, either way expect a nice easy relaxing game, which should present no problems, glitches or hassle.

Just one final comment, games of this calibre should have mac editions released same day. Not good enough game makers.

Lucy1997
Clownfish
Clownfish
852 Posts

[Post New]by Lucy1997 on Apr 21, 11 11:11 PM
I'm with Ickey_Etardo on this one: the game is fine, but it is too short and not challenging enough for a CE because the game play is quite linear. Most of the minipuzzles were new, if not very hard in general, and I liked the hidden objects in the hidden object scenes. I'm not sure that I would have wanted this particular game longer since I didn't find it very challenging, but I don't really think it was worth the CE price. I finished it in expert mode (including the bonus content) in just under three and a half hours, and I was taking my time because I'm tired tonight.

Also, the file is immense, which probably explains why it was a little sluggish on my computer: I always had to wait for the next scene to kick in and numerous times had to call up task manager to kick the game into operating. The graphics were beautiful, and ember89 is right: the amber effects were really quite stunning.

Edited on 04/21/2011 at 11:12:05 PM PST

[Post New]by rosie28sammy on Apr 21, 11 11:23 PM
Another great game from ERS. Everything about it was good. My main pet peeve is the lack of a visible strategy guide for the demo. I have no idea of the length because of the lack of a visible SG so not sure how far I got during the trial. Most of the ERS games are a decent length, but without a strategy guide, I can't tell whether it is worth the cost of a CE or not. I'm a patient soul and the game wasn't one I couldn't live without so I'll definitely wait for the SE to come out before I purchase.

puppycake
Guppy
Guppy
184 Posts

[Post New]by puppycake on Apr 21, 11 11:50 PM
Another great uplifting game NOT! Why can't there be just one HOG CE game every couple of months that is not dark, evil and occult! Thats not asking for much? Nice theme for Easter too, NOT. It has been months since you have produced one HOG CE game that was not full of witchcraft, demons, ghosts, potions, vampires, re-incarnations, evil spirits, ect, ect, ect! Enough is enough! You say religion cannot be discussed, and yet you produce NEW AGE games on a daily basis, which happens to be a religion. I guess it's ok to talk about religion only if it sells. This site had become 99.9% New Age, and that is allowed, but mention Christianity and your out! Something wrong with this picture. I say either you can or cannot discuss religion in regards to the "themes" of the games, but if it's not allowed then all the New Age content would have to be removed too. I guess some religious games and talk is acceptable, and some are not. If you want evil and new age, come to BF, that the new talk of the town now in online gaming. I am not trying to start a war please, just stating the facts and my disappointment. You do not have to remove this post, please allow me the honor of at least bowing out of BF with my valid reason, I have made my point, I will not post anymore comments on this topic, it does seem to start a riot, although I can assure you that is not my intention, very far from it. I have been with BF for years, could always accept there would be games I did not like and could chose to simply not play those ones, no problem. But when months go by with nothing but dark game to play ( CE's in particular) my credits are mounting with NO games to play. Many others have commented on how bad it has been this past year as well. And I know it is not just BF, and if the game producers are finding this is what seels, this is what they will produce, I get that. I just don't like it. Theres just something about playing games involving demons, spirits and the such (especially on Easter Weekend) that doesn't seem right. If your religion is NEW AGE, I am sure you are in heaven, at least BF heaven, I prefer another heaven, and wanting a few games once in awhile that are decent I do not feel is wrong to request and to be able to express my reasons. I would like this post to stay, so please lets not start any silly arguments over this ok? You cannot justify removing a Christians post when your entire site is based on the religion new age.

shark46
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by shark46 on Apr 22, 11 1:02 AM
I ran the demo seems a good game i have to agree with another post there were more hog scenes than adventure, previous ers games have more adventure parts than hogs which i find more fun examples are wolf mystery, puppet show,it may be the creepy one are better for me we all have different taste will wait for se version happy easter everyone

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Apr 22, 11 2:32 AM
I love ERS games. I love everything about them. And I am so happy to be able to play this game as well.

I played for 15 minutes - just to make sure everything works OK - and then bought it.

I absolutely adore ERS games. Can`t say more than that.

BearKat
Stingray
Stingray
4,860 Posts

[Post New]by BearKat on Apr 22, 11 3:26 AM
I really this game from the very beginning but had a few tech problems (very slow to load between scenes and music came and went to name a couple ) so I stayed on the fence for a while. I uninstalled and re-d/led and everything works okay now! So it's mine, mine, mine! Everything has been said by now about the graphics, etc, I won't repeat what other Fishies have already said so eloquently and in great detail about how good it is. BTW, thanks for all the reviews and comments I Wanted the CE because I, for one, like all the bells and whistles(SG, wallpapers, screen savers and whatever else the Devs want to throw in there lol). If I like them I use them and if I don't care for them that is ok too! Happy Gaming Fishies and Everyone have a Happy and safe Easter Weekend

bella81762
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
24,424 Posts

[Post New]by bella81762 on Apr 22, 11 3:45 AM
pupppycake, did you play the new antiques roadshow? very uncontraversial,

as far as this being new age, i dont see that. it was more like a grimms fairy tale,,, to me anyway, i thought ers did a great job in breaking from thier usual format, which while i dont consider thier themes evil, they are dark and creepy

crazy8club
Herring
Herring
357 Posts

[Post New]by crazy8club on Apr 22, 11 4:34 AM
Even if the game is offered in trial mode and is a CE if it says play free for one hour then the game has to last for an hour. if it only lasts for 30 min. or less then it is FALSE advertising .what might work in trial mode might not work when game is purchased. happened to many times.

LadyLark
Minnow
Minnow
285 Posts

[Post New]by LadyLark on Apr 22, 11 4:36 AM
I personally think ERS is crankin' 'em out, i.e., quantity vs quality, and that's not a good thing.

This is a nice game, but I'll wait for the SE and will probably buy then. I do like the Nanny's voice, it has a nice timbre and I think it fits. Now, that portal fairy--pretty sure it's the same voice as the Gypsy from Shadow Wolf (gotta be somebody's girlfriend), but not quite as grating this time. She still needs to be replaced ASAP. I won't pay CE price for anything with that voice in it, thankyouverymuch!

seahorsequeen
Guppy
Guppy
143 Posts

[Post New]by seahorsequeen on Apr 22, 11 5:50 AM
Nice enough but nothing new some others similar in style are actually better and I felt it was all a bit amateurish certainly wouldn't make me change my opinion about buying a CE.

[Post New]by elaine39047 on Apr 22, 11 9:36 AM
edmee1947 wrote:daisyduck352,don't worry!the bonus level is very short and so so easy ,even in hard mode(did it in 1/4 hour!)so you can wait until SE and miss nothing!it ends the story but is very short!

[Post New]by elaine39047 on Apr 22, 11 9:36 AM
edmee1947 wrote:daisyduck352,don't worry!the bonus level is very short and so so easy ,even in hard mode(did it in 1/4 hour!)so you can wait until SE and miss nothing!it ends the story but is very short!

Go to: