Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Silent Scream: The Dancer

[Post New]by krathy2001 on Apr 25, 11 3:46 PM
I thought this was going to be a good game from the description. Thank God for the 1 hour trials!
The graphics weren't very clear & some of the "match the pairs" mini games, well...there isn't even a way to put it into words. I usually do not make negative comments unless something is pretty bad but this one is up there. No buy for me.Deleted it after playing for a half an hour.
I talked myself out of purchasing the Agency of Anomalies with the hopes of saving a few $, but this game just talked me into it.

[Post New]by rosie28sammy on Apr 25, 11 3:48 PM
I really wanted to like this one, but I just couldn't. It was just too weird and disjointed with too much handholding for me. The storyline started out fine, but once the gameplay really started it just got weird and made no sense to me. Obviously, the developers do not have children and/or they are not mothers. If someone is after you, the first thing you would do is make sure your child was safe. It sounded at first like the main character knew where her child was, but then the story started getting unbelievable to me. A childcare worker who is asleep and the main character won't wake her up to see where her child is? Then a police station that is completely empty? Then main character just walks back into the childcare worker's home when no one is there? Just very unbelievable to me.

I played in the advanced mode and still there was too much handholding for me with sparkles, etc. The voice used for the main character was irritating to me as well. Very monotone and too calm for someone being chased and missing their child. It was also irritating to me for the cursor to change to show you an item that needed to be picked up, but you couldn't pick it up yet until you were at the point in the game. Why not allow the player to collect the items and use them when necessary or just not have the cursor change until necessary in the game? I liked the graphics, but that was about all. I'm glad others liked it, but I'll pass.Sorry

cyndrap
Guppy
Guppy
124 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews on Silent Scream: The Dancer

[Post New]by cyndrap on Apr 25, 11 4:31 PM
"Listen devs...who locked you all in a closet and tormented you...All of these recent games have been so %7%$34%ing dark and depressing. I say to myself 'well it can't get any worse' then you bring the children to the party. "

too funny and I have to agree

cyndrap
Guppy
Guppy
124 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews on Silent Scream: The Dancer

[Post New]by cyndrap on Apr 25, 11 4:32 PM
Poutoule wrote:1 . CHERB : I heard the whisper when you find an object, and thought it said "Trouvé", "Found" in French...

Otherwise didn't fancy the graphics too much. Hated the snores of the woman and found it way to easy.

May be as a DD.

Agreed I had my headset on and heard the same thing so tellng us we "found it" but unless you speak French -----

PowderMonkey
Guppy
Guppy
195 Posts

[Post New]by PowderMonkey on Apr 25, 11 4:46 PM
Okay-ish, but also tedious. There is a LOT of running around, back and forth, between locations - like someone with a really poor memory forgotten to take everything you need and then having to go back again, if you know what I mean - now that's why I could never give this game more than at most a 3 out of five points...
I like the comics-style graphics, they suit the storyline. Puzzles are not very hard, and there aren't that many of them. Not too many items to find in the hidden objects scenes - I like that, in some games there are sooo many. And the items are quite easy to find, too. Sometimes you have to merge 2 or more items to make them work, a nice and logic idea. Some spelling errors, but not so many they offend me, for one.

EmmaLynne
Squid
Squid
65 Posts

[Post New]by EmmaLynne on Apr 25, 11 4:53 PM
This and the last 2 games I demoed haved been far too linear in their game play for my enjoyment. If I see a key I'll need later in the game, let me pick it up now rather than have to trapse all about trying to remember where I saw that dang key. Or let me have an option of which part of the game I want to attempt -- if I don't want to do a certain puzzle or hidden object scene now, please don't make it so that I have to do it right now before I can get into another room, etc.

The graphics were interesting, but considering the rather mature subject matter, I thought they didn't really fit... everything looked almost too cute and big-eyed. Also, the voice work (though it was nice to have) really bothered me. It was too slow, and there was something I can't quite put my finger on that annoyed me as well.

Looks like it could be fun, but its just not for me.

dollyflower
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,373 Posts

[Post New]by dollyflower on Apr 25, 11 5:09 PM
Nix on the sideways graphics. No buy!

shadowfax44
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,885 Posts

[Post New]by shadowfax44 on Apr 25, 11 5:10 PM
EmmaLynne wrote:... If I see a key I'll need later in the game, let me pick it up now rather than have to trapse all about trying to remember where I saw that dang key. Or let me have an option of which part of the game I want to attempt -- if I don't want to do a certain puzzle or hidden object scene now, please don't make it so that I have to do it right now before I can get into another room, etc.

This irks me too and I have the same complaint about the Fallen Shadows game! I don't like going into an area and being stuck right there until I am done with all of the tasks, etc... I prefer to move around in a game at will. JMO

carkopp
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by carkopp on Apr 25, 11 5:23 PM
*Spoiler Alert* Of all the things I hated about this game, the stupid box that appeared each time you needed to thread a needle or sew the button on the doll ALMOST DROVE ME INSANE! Back and forth, back and forth, blah, blah, blah...and still it just wasn't quite right! As someone said earlier, "Thank goodness for trial periods!" It looked so good to begin with and by the time another 15 minutes had passed, I knew I would be 'kicking the can' very soon! I have now tried four different games (most right to the end of the demo) and haven't found ONE keeper. AND I'M NOT BUYING CE'S JUST TO GET A KEEPER, EITHER! I think it's time to go back and play "Sweeney Todd" or some other totally engrossing game! PS: Devs? I know you mean well...something beside missing little girls should occur to you soon. How about a few missing DEVS? NOW THERE'S AN IDEA!

VTCT
Clownfish
Clownfish
591 Posts

[Post New]by VTCT on Apr 25, 11 5:29 PM
I give 2 stars. The storyline was dull. First you have the main charcter hunting for her daughter then it ends at the club with bang. Then you have the bonus where was dead after all. Who was looking for the child the dead women, ghost or someone posing as the mohter.

I will go play one of the other games. This one was a flop.

Edited on 04/25/2011 at 5:30:49 PM PST

Koalanut
Marlin
Marlin
8,777 Posts

[Post New]by Koalanut on Apr 25, 11 5:30 PM

I didn't like the linear one the other day either (was is yesterday or the day before?). This one is similar but at least I can move around to find out what it is I am to do. Kinda like a memory game to remember where did I see_____ item. I did like the odd like angles, kinda Twilight Zone-ish. I did buy this one. So many lately I haven't bought for different reasons, but this one I did want to find out what was going on. Couple of things I didn't like, the not being able to pick up an item I knew I needed ( but not so many rooms so far, and that leads me to point 2) Sparkles in advanced mode GGGGGGRRRRRRRRRRR. Not big ones in this, but it does flash and I didn't get a chance to find it myself. And third, that "Mommy, Mommy" thing really gets me. I know that is why it is there. But man oh man, in real life that lady in the chair would NOT be sleeping nor would I be careful to not wake her up!!!!! Anyway, I bought with a punch card credit. Not the greatest game, but unusual enough to pique my interest.

dancemom1
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,198 Posts

[Post New]by dancemom1 on Apr 25, 11 6:18 PM
What's with the sideways graphics...is she rolling side over side or what? The whisper was very annoying and the match game was just too weird. Graphics were okay, I could put up with that, but the mother's voice just sounded so bored. No emotion when looking for her daughter or talking to uncle. Much like yesterday's demo. Needless to say, no buy for me either.

tofinofish
Shark
Shark
13,738 Posts

[Post New]by tofinofish on Apr 25, 11 7:01 PM
Despite everyones warnings and comments I decided to give the demo a try. I didn't play but five minutes and .... well all i gotta say is..." Oh No! It must be those guys they're chasing me..." right out of playing this corny game. defintely not a buy for me.

sunloving
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by sunloving on Apr 25, 11 7:01 PM
I know I'm really late, but in case the developers are reading these, I thought I would make a few comments. I certainly didn't like the story premise - any time a child's life is in jeopardy, I'm on edge and then putting children in a creepy day care?? The positives: love the quirky, cartoonish graphics - much better than one-dimensional real people - takes no talent at all to use them. Also the puzzles are unique - twists on the usual. The pairs puzzle was difficult, but I loved the challenge. With a different storyline, it would be a definite buy for me.

KimiKanda
Guppy
Guppy
145 Posts

[Post New]by KimiKanda on Apr 25, 11 7:40 PM
It's a game not a marriage. You can live with it or choose not to. I like variations, the graphics correspond with the storyline. It's done or made in a style that is characteristic of film noir - cinema (involving strong characters and mysterious events). Give me diversity, a variety of entertainment: drama, comedy and "mishap". It's like reading a novel you either like the sequence of events or not, so . . . . . . . . I have already purchased this game and off to play.

grannyq
Minnow
Minnow
257 Posts

[Post New]by grannyq on Apr 25, 11 7:48 PM
I stuck it out for the demo BUT this game is just toooo annoying. Merging objects is a pain in the ****. I love a challenge but this isn't it. Maybe for a DD.

Iksia
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
9 Posts

[Post New]by Iksia on Apr 25, 11 7:50 PM
I like this game. The graphics are very different, cartoon style and artistic in its own way~ The game is a creepy though, with the appearances of all the extra "visitors". Puzzle is good. But it's annoying that I can't take items that are clearly needed in next task, you have to wait until that particular task to take items. Music is good. The storyline is very dark, really angsty, complicated and has an unexpected ending!!

Overall, I'd say this is a good game. Thumbs up!!

Bpup
Manatee
Manatee
3,891 Posts

[Post New]by Bpup on Apr 25, 11 8:03 PM
I could deal with a child-in-jep game, but if I was a mother whose child was missing at a daycare center, I would have slapped awake that sleeping woman. I also wouldn't be running around back and forth throughout the daycare center trying to put together a doll for some creepy little kid in an attic when I should be calling the police.

The beginning of the story just wasn't believable to me, so I never got involved in the quest aspects. The whole premise didn't make much sense. Whoever was voicing the mother didn't infuse any sense of urgency in her lines. I can think of a reason why what was happening was happening the way it was, so I'll have to check the other threads to see if my guess about the ending of this game is correct.

I also didn't like that you could mouse over an item that you know you would need - say, a key - but you couldn't pick it up until the exact scene where that key was needed. What was the point of having an inventory section if you could only stash items you immediately needed in it?

The cartoony graphics were just okay - didn't impress me much. The hidden object scenes were nicely done - not too hard, not too easy. Only did a couple of mini-games - strings was easy, the lights one I wound up skipping because I did what the instructions said but nothing happened.

I played this in the advanced mode, and didn't think that it was very difficult that way.

The annoyance factor was higher than the liking factor, so I uninstalled the game. Not a buy for me.

tj1147
Clownfish
Clownfish
654 Posts

[Post New]by tj1147 on Apr 25, 11 8:16 PM
I really did not care for this game at all (played the demo/free trial only). I did not like the storyline. I did not like the "cartoon graphics" nor did I like having to go from town to day care center - back and forth, back and forth. I would much prefer to be able to pick up what I think I'm going to need and take it with me. The "back and forth" in Dire Grove or 13th Skull was much more challenging and interesting...not to mention the graphics in those were much better. I cannot comment on the music or voices (if any) as I did not have the sound turned on. The hidden object scenes were OK graphics-wise, but I don't like having to find 3 of these, 10 of those, 6 of the other. I don't know if this was to lengthen the game or not. Puzzles were okay...nothing I've not run into before. All in all, I just didn't like the game.

Videohound
Lobster
Lobster
92 Posts

[Post New]by Videohound on Apr 25, 11 8:20 PM
I wanted to like this game. But other than the graphics I don't think there was one thing that didn't annoy me. So many people already posted all the crappy parts - the stupid whisper when you found something, and not being able to pick up things when you see them really put me over the edge. I lasted 15 min but I think I will have to delete this one.

Go to: