Beetle_T
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

Re:Comments and Reviews for Amanda Rose: The Game of Time

[Post New]by Beetle_T on May 24, 11 11:03 PM
It is a beautiful and fun game. Very addictive. Finished way to quickly. Would have liked it more challenging especially at the end. Glad I used a credit.

genkicoll
Stingray
Stingray
5,732 Posts

[Post New]by genkicoll on May 25, 11 12:24 PM
No full review just yet, but a few comments.

Starts off slow and gets much better. No junk piles (at all!), find items by picture, lots of interaction, wonderful graphics (except for the cartoon cut-scenes, which still aren't bad).

Really enjoying this and glad I bought it

Stevihj
Clownfish
Clownfish
507 Posts

[Post New]by Stevihj on May 25, 11 6:49 PM
Stunning graphics. The story is interesting and involved. The chapters are rather short and go fast. After an hour I was in chapter 10 or 11 - The Native Villiage. The items are easier to find than many other games. I didn't have a small or dark item the whole hour.

This game is an A-.

bootsky
Stingray
Stingray
5,333 Posts

[Post New]by bootsky on May 28, 11 11:51 AM
I had finished this trial whenever (week or so ago) finally decided to buy it today. Enjoying this very much , weather is so boring...rain, rain, rain! nothing on tv!!
Ahhh, a good game is good for the soul
It gets extremely exciting near the end...most games do, a lot of fun for a rainy Sunday

Edited on 05/29/2011 at 4:04:18 PM PST

Meritre
Guppy
Guppy
177 Posts

[Post New]by Meritre on May 28, 11 11:22 PM
Fun game with plucky heroine, beautiful graphics, fun puzzles.

However, am I the only one who's nagged by wondering why in some of these games we have clearly adult young women who are smart and wear that much make-up living with their parents still, who obviously don't need children in-house to care for them? Every time Amanda demonstrates how intelligent and self-sufficient she is, it bothers me more and more.

boobailey
Guppy
Guppy
187 Posts

[Post New]by boobailey on May 30, 11 1:16 PM
This game is great!!! Love it. The scenes were colorful and the story was fun. Puzzles fun and lot's and lot's of hidden object's to find. Enjoy..

sheilaclown
Squid
Squid
75 Posts

[Post New]by sheilaclown on Jun 2, 11 6:51 PM
Well now, it takes a Big "girl" (old lady) to admit to making an error... but I'm big enough - so - On April 27 I was very scathing about this game. However, I tried it again yesterday and once I got into it I realised that it is quite good. I still think it is wordy and a bit slow but I am really enjoying the twists and turns, the colours are lovely and the length is satisfying. I do find some of the objects are small but I'm liking the way one has to find more items in the same scene (saves wandering about too much) and combining them to achieve a goal. So it is a for me after all.

SeaBamboo
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,158 Posts

[Post New]by SeaBamboo on Jun 19, 11 11:08 AM
Lucy1997 wrote:
gamergirl675 wrote:I'm on the fence with this one... I played for 15 minutes and it all just seemed like WORK. I wasn't entertained just frustrated with the tedium of find this... oh wait now find this... then find this... then this... oh the room is locked find a key... oh wait you can't find the key until you find the code... and on and on... it seemed like I spent a ton of time looking at one single scene just with one thing after another to do. I guess they are trying to make it not a straight hog but... I dunno... it just wasn't fun. And the one puzzle I did get to in that time was mind numbingly simple. Maybe on DD some day when there's nothing else better to play.

From my point of view, you hit the nail on the head. This game just wasn't all that fun because it was too linear. You just couldn't explore at all!

Thought I would try this as I am short on games but have to agree with gamergirl - snoozefest And why does it take so long to load a new scene.

moonladydi
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,113 Posts

[Post New]by moonladydi on Jun 21, 11 5:23 PM
I changed my mind and got this with one of my Credits. Enjoyed the game and the H0s got clearer further on, but WAY too easy. Talk about hand-holding, even the mini-games were a doddle. Beautiful artwork though, and a happy ending. What more could you ask for?

enigma5619
Minnow
Minnow
244 Posts

[Post New]by enigma5619 on Jun 29, 11 4:22 PM
nice and fun and in the **** its not written but pictures...

Liasmani
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
19,504 Posts

[Post New]by Liasmani on Jul 11, 11 8:26 PM
Game Ratings:

Graphics – 3 stars
Story – 3 stars
Music/Sounds – 4 stars
Gameplay – 4 stars
Overall – 3 stars

My ratings of games can be high as 5 and can be low as 1.

Ratings Explained:

1 star: Poor
2 stars: Okay
3 stars: Good
4 stars: Great
5 stars: Excellent

I won’t be purchasing this game at all. For those who did – Happy Gaming!

jrwoods
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by jrwoods on Sep 4, 11 11:35 AM
I really didn't think I would like this game but it turned out wonderful. I fell in love with the graphics and the story. Demo it and see for yourself and you would fall for it too. I would give this game a 4 out 5 stars enjoy.

Tikatoy
Minnow
Minnow
269 Posts

[Post New]by Tikatoy on Sep 24, 11 10:17 PM
I can't remember why I bought this game. Probably because it's Alawar and I didn't notice anything seriously wrong with it in the demo.

Pros:
- I like variations on typical HOGs. In this one you're given images of the objects to find, but the object in the scene isn't exactly the same as in the list. Sometimes it's in a different orientation, or slightly different configuration, e.g. a fan that's not open as much as the image in the list. A bit challenging, but didn't have to use a hint the entire game.
- Graphics are higher resolution than most HOGs (or seemed to be).
- Beautiful comic style cut scenes.
- Good variety of environments and settings.

Cons: (mild story spoilers)
- Having to make cocktails and fix a cuckoo clock when you've been transported through time and are searching desperately for your father doesn't really add to the sense of urgency.
- Puzzles were on the easy side, although they were quite pretty.

The Bottom Line:
Finding objects from a list of images provided a nice change from the usual HOG with high resolution varied environments and beautiful comic panel cut scenes.

Shastanna
Lobster
Lobster
97 Posts

[Post New]by Shastanna on Nov 23, 11 6:20 PM
I liked the graphics & the story. The gameplay itself is a little clunky with the inventory, etc.

It was fun though.

marg6043
Clownfish
Clownfish
582 Posts

[Post New]by marg6043 on Jan 5, 12 4:41 PM
Is a nice looking game with good graphics but the story line get lost somewhere during the gameplay.

Still is a fun game.

yowzasma
Clownfish
Clownfish
547 Posts

[Post New]by yowzasma on Dec 30, 12 1:36 PM
Just finished it what a nice & pretty game.. At the start my curser was a little floaty [and I was thinking "oh nooo, here we go again] but went ahead and played with no more problems.
This delightful little game is somewhat short and the enjoyability I was getting from it made it seem even shorter.....Colorful - clear graphics-mini games fairly good , and I would recomend it for playing before or after more intense games..
Kudos tp Dev.. would enjoy a sequal [please make a little longer]
I'll give it a out of 5 flowers

doccat5
Guppy
Guppy
171 Posts

[Post New]by doccat5 on Jun 5, 13 8:29 AM
I didn't like it and made it to the "fix the cocktail machine part". Just dumb, the items were difficult to find because they were so small. This is a no buy for me. It seems lately BF can only provide good HOG games to Mac users if their CEs. Not cool!

Go to: