Poutoule
Archerfish
Archerfish
41,630 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Allora and The Broken Portal

[Post New]by Poutoule on May 2, 11 10:45 AM
acecyberwitch wrote:lovley game nothing to make you think but worth spending time on to relax

Entirely agree, very relaxing after all my creepy games.

moonladydi
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,113 Posts

[Post New]by moonladydi on May 2, 11 1:01 PM
Brill game. Although animation and story are geared more to the Young Adult, the HOG and minigames are hard enough to be interesting to all ages. Thoroughly enjoyable!

[Post New]by TuffTadpoles on May 2, 11 1:18 PM

Tried the demo and I thought this was a really enjoyable game. Some of the objects were easy to find, while others were more difficult; some even requiring a hint. The graphics are superb. In fact, the game is worth playing just to admire the artwork alone. Although a photo-realistic art style does suit some games such as Shiver, etc., I'm a sucker for the colorful, exaggerated hand drawn look of games such as this (Allora), Mystery Age: The Dark Priests, etc. I just can't say enough about the fine work of these videogame artists.

[Post New]by Old_Man_River on May 2, 11 4:50 PM
Outside of the flashing exit arrows this is a cute ihog. As soon as I receive my punchcard rewards it will be a purchase

lovemybook
Guppy
Guppy
165 Posts

[Post New]by lovemybook on May 3, 11 10:12 AM
Reminds me, as far as art goes, of the Samantha Swift (the lightening bolts are a giveaway. The gameplay is similar. I do like the Samantha games, and they usually have a good length. I'll go with this one.

As another fishie said, It's nice to see a bit of brightness instead of all the gloomy haunted stuff.

GrammaKj
Clownfish
Clownfish
541 Posts

[Post New]by GrammaKj on May 4, 11 12:42 PM
I used a credit to buy this game. It kind of reminds me of Awakenings: Moonfell Woods. That's what sold me on this game. After a while I'm unaware of the annoying arrows and just ignore them. I think the graphics are stunning and I don't mind the style of hand-drawn cartoonish graphics if they are done well. The hint meter restores quickly, the navigation is smooth and I give this game 2 's up!

jazzl2010
Squid
Squid
60 Posts

[Post New]by jazzl2010 on May 4, 11 4:01 PM
BORING.....BORING....MONOTONOUS

Noonio
Starfish
Starfish
49 Posts

[Post New]by Noonio on May 5, 11 2:21 PM
zzzz boring game for me. Its pretty but far too many hogs for me. I prefer more puzzles and mystery. Its an ok game if you are a hog lover. I dont mind a few in a game but not in every scene. I only completed the first location and didnt want to continue with the same sort of thing

ffap
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by ffap on May 5, 11 6:33 PM
I played the trial game about 15 minutes and then bought it! I love it,absolutely love it.

dollyflower
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,373 Posts

[Post New]by dollyflower on May 7, 11 9:30 AM
Great game! **** scenes are challenging. Highly recommend.

wvsandy
Squid
Squid
71 Posts

[Post New]by wvsandy on May 7, 11 5:54 PM
I think this is a quite lovely game with beautiful graphics and a quiet, gentle storyline. Perfect for someone looking for something to play with kids or for someone who just wants to relax. It feels very slow paced to me, and not necessarily in a bad way.

However, this game isn't for me. It's too gentle and fairly repetitious. Collect items on list, use tools collected to gather crystals, collect all the needed crystals and move on to the next scene. Lather, rinse, repeat.

So while I can recommend it as a very nice and pretty game, it's a 'no buy' for me.

Edited on 05/07/2011 at 5:55:58 PM PST

intrestra
Seahorse
Seahorse
38 Posts

[Post New]by intrestra on May 7, 11 11:16 PM

Hi there,

I did buy this game and it is nice, graphics nice, music nice, arrows are annoying - I am bored this game is definitely not for me. Cant get it right all the time.... and totally enjoy the other game I bought...
Happy gaming

linda43416
Guppy
Guppy
143 Posts

[Post New]by linda43416 on May 9, 11 4:50 PM
Sorry Cherub, think I messed up trying to reply to your post! What I wanted to say was I am so glad I am not alone about the arrows being annoying as all get out! Makes me feel like someone is pushing me, hate them, I try to ignore as much as I can. I love the game Fishdom and the red arrows in that annoy me also. Guess I just don't like feeling like I'm being told what to do. Otherwise I really do like this game, just wish I could shut the arrows down. Thanks for your reviews, always good.

loveday
Minnow
Minnow
272 Posts

[Post New]by loveday on May 13, 11 9:19 PM
I surprised myself and i bought this game and played it before Shiver and its really good game loved it but a bit short i thought, the game graphics i liked you could find everything but real short game finished it in a couple of hours... All good though on to Shiver

pgillenw
Minnow
Minnow
236 Posts

[Post New]by pgillenw on May 14, 11 8:46 PM
[b][i]Absolutely charming and wonderfully creative. Each scene was a wonder. Kids should enjoy this fanciful game. Well done.

beryltheperil
Guppy
Guppy
118 Posts

[Post New]by beryltheperil on May 18, 11 1:57 AM
a nice , gentle, not too difficult game..relaxing rather than challenging. I like it.

Stevihj
Clownfish
Clownfish
507 Posts

[Post New]by Stevihj on May 25, 11 7:16 PM
Lovely graphics. The characters are original and fun. The story is unique as well. Did I mention the art? Gorgeous! I played the hard mode and there was less handholding but I did find several items were dark and small, even on my wide screen. Still enjoyable hour that could easy go in my have to have pile.

This game is an A-.

puzzledone
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,182 Posts

[Post New]by puzzledone on May 27, 11 8:09 PM
I've been enjoying playing this the past few evenings. Like M3s, the games that give me something to do with my hands instead of my brain. i.e. listening to TV, something to do. Can stop and start anytime til I get to the end. 3 more chapters to get there.

It reminds me of the first Samantha Swift as far as the drawings and items. There is an inventory to keep and try items out on different interactive items, most are logical. As far as the arrows, they seem to be only intermittant then blip back off. Maybe if I spend too long finding an object, I take them as suggestions to try somewhere else, but I play at my own pace and don't leave a location until I've found all the list items. Then you can go back when you want to to use some inventory. So just I just ignore them, no big deal.

I agree with some posters about the story going too fast for me to read, so lost track of whatever story there is. I relax just hunting objects so bought it for the HOG scenes and like the original art. Many times I have to recognize the artist's rendering of an object, not what I may picture in my mind. Most are easy to see, but the Hint gets you on your way to the next scene on the last item, and also points you to another scene or to the next if you need it. If all items are found, you just pass the cursor around the scene to see what is interactive. Simple, makes me want to revive SSwift 1 if not in the mood to resume a dark and eerie piece of brainwork.

Edited on 05/27/2011 at 8:10:43 PM PST

sammi21
Guppy
Guppy
150 Posts

[Post New]by sammi21 on May 28, 11 10:55 PM
Very nice game tho' FAR too short....I bought it yesterday..games are worth the money as we are entertained for as long as it takes, but not THIS one....Oh well, I'll STILL stick with Fishies....Thanks guys....sammi..

silverink
Minnow
Minnow
200 Posts

[Post New]by silverink on Jun 1, 11 6:30 AM
A nice, light game with lovely fairy-tale graphics. The game play was very smooth, easy and linear, consisting of interactive hidden object scenes with a few puzzles. There was nothing challenging in the game, but it was relaxing and enjoyable as a break between more complex games. It was a perfect length for this style of game.

Go to: