gamergirl675
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,156 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for The Secret of Hildegards

[Post New]by gamergirl675 on May 2, 11 9:32 PM
Mild spoiler in review but I only played 8 minutes so not much of one...

Ok downloaded and gave it a shot but no way. Too many irritations... like the hints... you click the hint and it puts a blue symbol over it BUT it doesn't stay. I had to use TWO HINTS to find ONE ITEM because the first time the symbol was gone before I had a chance to find it. Kinda defeats the purpose of a hint. But the final straw was when I was looking for a shovel and there was one right in the middle of the screen large as can be... but ohhhh too bad that's not the drone you're looking for... oh wait that's a different movie ... but it's still not the shovel they want you to find. Instead it's a different shovel. I HATE THAT. Sloppy programming.

The play is basic... H0 scene... then mini-game... then you find one more item that gets added to your inventory. So it's an ihog but just barely. The graphics were ok but kind of dark in places and not very clear.

Maybe worth it as a DD some day if there are no better games... it's not hard... so could be good for a break between the real games.

gamergirl675
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,156 Posts

[Post New]by gamergirl675 on May 2, 11 9:41 PM
gilamonster wrote:This game is for amateurs, not experienced gamers, plus it must have been made in a foreign country! Since when is a watch a clock and visa versa , and when is a shovel not a shovel, also too many hogs and not enough storyline!! leave it for the teen-agers!

I know what you mean... I get frustrated when games aren't properly translated too. It should be part of beta testing before you release a game in a language other than your native tongue.

WELCOME TO THE FORUMS gilamonster!!

[Post New]by carolemoore1961 on May 2, 11 11:11 PM
Whoa! Just read the first couple and then began scanning reviews...and I have to add my 'no buy' for me. Boring!

arthurC
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
424 Posts

[Post New]by arthurC on May 3, 11 12:41 AM
There's lots of comments here about the 'Bin' being 'Bagged' so to speak. And it really is wonderful news. But how do we know it was really him?
It's probably an inappropriate question for this forum, I know, and I'll understand if the comment is removed - but there's a lot of conflicting reports this side of the pond.

God Bless America anyway!

sullysdragons
Guppy
Guppy
114 Posts

[Post New]by sullysdragons on May 3, 11 1:30 AM
Dianneamyte wrote:Since just about everything this game has been commented on, I won't extrapolate on except to say. I could rather wash the kitchen floor. That's it.

This review cracked me up.

ember89
Flounder
Flounder
2,103 Posts

[Post New]by ember89 on May 3, 11 1:46 AM
Menesa wrote:]WOW what an amazing game,original story and great dialogue plus incredilbly exiting gameplay and all with such detailed super graphics NOT!!!!! ..
Ofcourse I'm just joking..
WHAT a @#$% waste of time. the developers should be ashamed of themselves and sent back to IT school and to BF your dropping your standard lately..
Come on we want consistent, not occasional quality if you are going to take our hardearned each month
Whoever chose this game to join the BF collection should be made to play it over and over again..
I wouldn't even rate it a thumb nail

OMG! totally ROFLPIMP !!!

caseymom
Minnow
Minnow
206 Posts

[Post New]by caseymom on May 3, 11 5:33 AM
I normally read the comments before trying a game......until this time. Did you people take a cranky pill this morning? Oh, I forgot, you all must be doing everything perfectly every day of your life. Give BF a break....you ever tried to produce a new game every day and make it perfect? As for you guys who don't like **** games, BF has plenty of other games and genres. AND, could you people please type words and not letters....not all of us text message and still use good english words. That is my rant for the day...I am going to give this game a try just because you guys were so rough on it. Not everyone wants to brain strain on every game...sometimes you just want to relax.

Okay, I tried it for a while. It could use more story line to it, the hint does recharge fairly rapidly, and IT IS A STRAIGHT ****, and kind of boring but not a bad game. You just have to realize that a lamp is a light bulb, a clock is a watch, and a shovel is a trowel. Must be British. I don't think I would buy it just because of the lack of story line and interaction of characters. Puzzles are pretty self explanatory and there is a skip button. I'd rate it a "C": not a real challenge. I didn't use the hints too much because I found all the objects.

Edited on 05/03/2011 at 7:29:35 PM PST

catlynn54
Starfish
Starfish
53 Posts

[Post New]by catlynn54 on May 3, 11 7:13 AM
I, too, will swim against the tide. I enjoyed this game. The graphics were fine, the music as well, and I liked being able to take time to figure out the minigames. As far as story line goes, if I want a plot, I will read a book. I did not have difficulty finding the hidden objects. This is a nice, relaxing, lovely game.

arose23
Clownfish
Clownfish
771 Posts

[Post New]by arose23 on May 3, 11 7:21 AM
Tailteann wrote:And thank you President Obama and our armed forces.

arose23
Clownfish
Clownfish
771 Posts

[Post New]by arose23 on May 3, 11 7:23 AM
dancemom1 wrote:Getting ready to play the demo, but just had to say...thank God for Pres Bush who had the guts to stand up for America and give everything he had to find Bin Laden, rather than sit back and do nothing. It's finally over. Praying the surviving families can now find some peace at last.

[Post New]by Seahorse61 on May 3, 11 7:49 AM
Worst game I have ever downloaded.....sorry I wasted my time.

Cobweb55
Minnow
Minnow
256 Posts

[Post New]by Cobweb55 on May 3, 11 8:41 AM
Ewwww.... too may icky negative reviews to make me even want to TRY this game!!! I'll pass and when it comes up as a DD, I may decide to trial it...

[Post New]by ManuelaAnna on May 3, 11 12:03 PM
How long is the game?

wolywig
Guppy
Guppy
102 Posts

[Post New]by wolywig on May 3, 11 12:37 PM
This is really a great game!!! Freezes up before I can get my name in!!!!!!!!!!!! I have to hit ESCAPE to get out of game!!! TRIED 3 times why would anyone want to buy a game like this????????????????????????///

devolyn
Seahorse
Seahorse
39 Posts

[Post New]by devolyn on May 3, 11 12:43 PM
I lasted all of 10 minutes on this game. No interaction with the main character was irritataing. I was not impressed. I will not be buying this one. Too bad. The idea behind it was interesting!

Grimhild
Starfish
Starfish
43 Posts

[Post New]by Grimhild on May 3, 11 1:55 PM
Puzzles without instructions. Mediocre artwork. Listing "shovel" in hidden object list when it should have listed "trowel" and putting a shovel in the scene as well as a trowel. Listing "flower" and putting in 2 potted plants with flowers and a flowering rosebush, but wanting another completely different flower for the inventory. Asking for a clock when a watch is wanted and vice-versa. Tech issue with game refusing to close, had to ctrl-alt-del and use task manager to get out of the game. Altogether too irritating for me to want to purchase.

octavia13
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

[Post New]by octavia13 on May 3, 11 2:46 PM
Oh dear BF, not a good day at the office with this one. Did someone find it at the back of a drawer and wanted to give it a try. The worse part of this game is no interaction, we players want to feel involved (well at least a little bit). Perhaps it seemed so boring as I had just finished Agency of Anamolies - that was a great game.

lexi4
Lobster
Lobster
94 Posts

[Post New]by lexi4 on May 3, 11 3:20 PM
jeffory wrote:It is not only a straight HOG they cannot even get the objects right, a watch is a clock in one scene and a clock in another an there were a few others in the one hour demo which I almost finished and could not take the game any longer...the graphics are awful, the music stinks and overall this is the worst game I have demoed in quite awhile.....

I agree. I got to the point I just couldn't take the game another second. Straight HOG. No buy for me. The graphics are grainy, the music got annoying. I couldn't quit fast enough.

lluvia13
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by lluvia13 on May 3, 11 6:09 PM
this game to me was boring i didnt finish the game i got sleepy

[Post New]by vanderploeg on May 3, 11 6:57 PM
Definitely no buy for me. A little irritating with the overuse of wrong vocabulary - i.e. objects identified by wrong names. Just a boring game! We're spoiled!

Go to: