sinshack
Flounder
Flounder
2,150 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Alice's Adventures in Wonderland

[Post New]by sinshack on May 3, 11 1:05 PM
dizzypd wrote:What a waste of time downloading this game i should have read all you reviews first that will teach me lol ....you could not pay me to play this game come on Big Fish were have all the good games gone...

Thanks a LOT, dizzypd - now I can't get the song about where have all the flowers gone out of my mind....!!

NanaLoona
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
447 Posts

[Post New]by NanaLoona on May 3, 11 1:27 PM
I'm sorry so many of you didn't enjoy this game. If you are a fan of Alice, you really need to at least try it. They have many of the original illustrations from the book. From the part of the demo I completed, it looked like it follows the story pretty well.

I can see why the screen movements made some people queasy, but I have to say the movement didn't bother me. There were some small objects, but overall I didn't have any problems finding what the list asked for. And my eyes are not young by any stretch of the imagination.

I won't buy it today, but I will probably buy it before the end of the month.

Again, if you are a fan of the story, at least give it a shot. You might find you enjoy yourself. After all, we can't all like the same games.

Nana Loona

KitKat5169
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,099 Posts

[Post New]by KitKat5169 on May 3, 11 1:29 PM
Well......don't throw rocks at me, but I thought the game was cute, (not great but cute) and I am not a straight HOG fan. I don't think there are two different versions of this game, and the lizard WAS a lizard. Objects were small, but you did get to zoom in slightly.

Although I don't know what type of games the developer has done in the past, some (and I say some, not all) of you have been really harsh. Remember, there are people out there making these games and although it is good to let them know that you're dissatisfied with their games so they can improve, I think some of you could give them a little slack.

Grimhild
Starfish
Starfish
43 Posts

[Post New]by Grimhild on May 3, 11 2:25 PM
I don't know anything about HdO game developers. I played the entire 1 hour demo. Had one technical issue in that, after playing the demo and going back to my BF game manager, the game had reset my screen brightness to blinding and I had to reboot to get it back to normal.

I found the first H0 scene small and irritating until I zoomed; then it was fine. My lizard was a lizard, but it was curled up, so it did kind of resemble a turtle.

I didn't have any motion sickness or vertigo problems. (And I get carsick even when I'm driving and can't go on carnival rides w/o barfing.) Motion sickness and vertigo were part of Alice's adventures in the book, so the fish-eye oddness of the screens seemed appropriate to me.

I enjoyed the variety of games that were provided and was rather sad when the demo ended. I will probably buy this one.

Refrenz
Starfish
Starfish
57 Posts

[Post New]by Refrenz on May 3, 11 2:38 PM
Can't see why people are slating this game so much - It's an enjoyable title and I'm considering a purchase. I agree that objects are often tiny, but they're really not too difficult to find (any to my eyes, the lizard did look like a lizard) from my experience. The graphics are not as sharp as a lot of games, but I believe that to be a design decision rather than poor artwork, as the style seems to be influenced by old book illustrations.

Overall, an enjoyable title so far (after 30 mins demo time).

[Post New]by purple7120 on May 3, 11 2:54 PM
can someone give me the acronyms for the games, I get confused pretty easy by all of them thanks

gameslvr
Clownfish
Clownfish
553 Posts

[Post New]by gameslvr on May 3, 11 3:17 PM
Can someone please tell me what hdo stands for?

Whatever it is, this is a horrible "game". What a disappointment. When I saw the ad I was excited to see animated figures but these cardboard cutouts are terrible. Not for me.

Refrenz
Starfish
Starfish
57 Posts

[Post New]by Refrenz on May 3, 11 3:28 PM
gameslvr wrote:Can someone please tell me what hdo stands for?

"HdO Adventure" seems to be a brand name of the game company Solilab, who produced this game. They have other titles in the "HdO adventure" series, like Jack The Ripper, Secrets of the Vatican for example. HdO appears to be Solilab's abbreviation for "Hidden Object".

klsuch
Starfish
Starfish
44 Posts

[Post New]by klsuch on May 3, 11 3:49 PM
Didn't even give it a minute!!! No buy for me!!

Menesa
Guppy
Guppy
107 Posts

[Post New]by Menesa on May 3, 11 4:41 PM
shadowfax44 wrote:
katejoe999 wrote:I think this is another HdO effort - judging by the pictures. I will wait to see what others say but I fear the worst!

Oh... nooooooooooooooooo!! LOL
That's funny, somebody just asked me yesterday if I thought we would get another slug of those HdO games... I am crossing my fingers that you are wrong katejoe!

I'm seriously considering going back to playing Mafia Wars on Facebook.
As membership of BF is not worth the $ at the moment.

[Post New]by TuffTadpoles on May 3, 11 5:05 PM

Some of you people astound me with your incredibly rude comments.

Anyway, I like the game. It's a well made game with outstanding graphics; although it's probably aimed more toward the younger crowd. I'm giving the developers two thumbs up for a fine game and perhaps, in a way, to spite the merciless. Nice job. Of course, my glass is typically half full.

snapnhiss
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by snapnhiss on May 3, 11 5:15 PM
dizzypd wrote:What a waste of time downloading this game i should have read all you reviews first that will teach me lol ....you could not pay me to play this game come on Big Fish were have all the good games gone...

Are you serious? We've had good games nearly every day for weeks now. One day does not make a dry spell.

[Post New]by TuffTadpoles on May 3, 11 5:30 PM

snapnhiss wrote:
Are you serious? We've had good games nearly every day for weeks now. One day does not make a dry spell.

Really? What day was that (the less than stellar day)?

I don't recall a bad game in quite some time.

Edited on 05/03/2011 at 5:40:21 PM PST

Rose151
Clownfish
Clownfish
520 Posts

[Post New]by Rose151 on May 3, 11 5:42 PM
TuffTadpoles wrote:
Some of you people astound me with your incredibly rude comments.

Anyway, I like the game. It's a well made game with outstanding graphics; although it's probably aimed more toward the younger crowd. I'm giving the developers two thumbs up for a fine game and perhaps, in a way, to spite the merciless. Nice job. Of course, my glass is typically half full.

Bravo! I think that sometimes folks forget that there is a one hour demo to use and see if you like the game or not. Can't do that with a book, a CD, or a DVD can we? We all want great games, and we want them every day. Since I can't imagine how much work it is for BF to go through games, have them tested, and make sure they are virus and ad free it seems a bit unfair to accuse them of just tossing games out here "willy-nilly". I for one am happy to have the hour of free play, even if a game "stinks". 'Nuff said.

snapnhiss
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by snapnhiss on May 3, 11 5:42 PM
TuffTadpoles wrote:
snapnhiss wrote:

Really? What day was that?

These are just the ones I bought and I can vouch for. There are many others.

April 10 - Hallowed Legends: Samhain
April 15 - Puppet Show: Lost Town
April 16 - The Agency of Anomalies: Mystic Hospital Collector's Edition
April 18 - Our Worst Fears: Stained Skin
April 22 - Spirits of Mystery: Amber Maiden Collector's Edition
April 24 - Fallen Shadows
April 27 - Dark Ritual
April 29 - Voodoo Whisperer: Curse of a Legend Collector's Edition
April 30 - Allora and the Broken Portal
May 1 - Shiver Vanishing Hitchhiker

If you're still confused, I suggest taking a look at "New Releases" on the home page.

[Post New]by TuffTadpoles on May 3, 11 5:43 PM

^ I noticed there might be a misunderstanding with the above post, so I edited to clarify.

[Post New]by TuffTadpoles on May 3, 11 5:46 PM

Sorry, snapnhiss, I meant to ask which day was the bad game day, as I don't recall any bad games being released here lately.

snapnhiss
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by snapnhiss on May 3, 11 5:49 PM
TuffTadpoles wrote:
^ I noticed there might be a misunderstanding with the above post, so I edited to clarify.

Okay, gotcha. I was merely replying to dizzypd's comment that made it sound like there hadn't been ANY good games lately.

I have no opinion on this one since I haven't played it. I wasn't even going to post here since it's poor forum etiquette to do so if it isn't game specific, but I couldn't believe her post.

purplemist
Lobster
Lobster
81 Posts

[Post New]by purplemist on May 3, 11 6:07 PM
I also am not a fan of HdO games i find them yukky....tiresome and boring
but this one totally surprised me I actually like it
The objects were not that hard to find until I hit the roses..5 hrs later still can not find that one last rose
so far enjoying the puzzles etc etc
Like the music and so far the story is going fine. So I bought this one with my free credit
As you see i used "so far" thats cause i am still waiting for it to turn yukky like all other previous games they have released.
Oh well back to that one last invisible rose.even the hint button no helping..ggggrrrrrrr

Cobweb55
Minnow
Minnow
256 Posts

[Post New]by Cobweb55 on May 3, 11 7:00 PM
I'll be passing on this one after all the reviews I've read. I have terrible vertigo as it is and don't need something like this to push me over the edge. From everything I've read on this thread, not many of us like or appreciate HdO's. It appears we have told BF over and over that this is not our cup of tea... Not purchasing them SHOULD drive the point home. (but it just doesn't seem to, does it???)

For those of you who have enjoyed the game, I'm glad you did... the rest of us will just have to wait and see what tomorrow brings...

Go to: