sinshack
Flounder
Flounder
2,150 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Hollywood Files: Deadly Intrigues

[Post New]by sinshack on May 10, 11 4:29 AM
The storyline is actually interesting, and I could live with the cartoon graphics for the conversations and to explain what's going on, but I just can't deal with the fuzziness and garrish coloring in the hidden object scenes.

Many of the H0 items are nearly impossible to see because they are either extremely tiny, blurred, or colored to blend in with the background - or all three! An example of "all three" is the perfume bottle in the disco/bar scene, which on my large monitor was less than a quarter inch in height, bluish-gray on a bluish-gray floor, and even though it was the only thing on that section of the floor and should have stuck out like a sore thumb it was so blurry that I could barely see it even with the hint.

I am wondering one thing, because I haven't heard anyone else comment on the client. Anybody else notice the strong resemblence between "Robert Danson" and Ted Danson????? In fact, that graphic was a remarkable likeness for the star, so now we know the art department CAN draw.

I hate being so negative, but the game is supposed to be a hidden object game. It had such potential, because the story does develop quickly (just not in the first 10 minutes, you do need to give it a bit of time.) The graphics might work fine for a Manga (Japanese comic) but they just don't work for a HOG. For this type of game, the player must be able to recognize the objects AND be willing to stare at the screen for several minutes. The garrish colors and fuzziness made staring at the screen impossible for me. It would even have been better if they had stuck to the comic book art throughout the game - at least it would have been playable for more gamers.

Edited on 05/10/2011 at 4:29:50 AM PST

beachmama
Seahorse
Seahorse
39 Posts

[Post New]by beachmama on May 10, 11 7:19 AM
Just awful. I didn't even last 5 minutes before I knew it was a no buy for me. I usually give the demos an even chance to sell me but this week has had some real losers. Back to the tried and true until tomorrows game. I did take advantage of the $.99 sale for Ipad and bought some of the oldies, Amazon, Everest and Mystery of Joyville. Great for passing the time when I don't have my PC.

[Post New]by patriciablake on May 10, 11 11:03 AM
We should give Mcurty a trophy for lasting 20-30 minutes. Now that's persistence! And, I thought I did well at 7 minutes. LOL

[Post New]by Queesa on May 10, 11 6:09 PM
Sucks! Didn't even have it on for 2 mins and I had to delete it!

notredame
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by notredame on May 10, 11 9:05 PM
worse game ever on bf. where did you get this one. uhggg!!!
didn't even bother to go any further then bar scene.

Edited on 05/10/2011 at 9:07:08 PM PST

Cryssie64
Starfish
Starfish
50 Posts

[Post New]by Cryssie64 on May 10, 11 9:52 PM
I came to this late, feeling the need to finish Raincliff and then revisit Dire Grove. I jumped from page 2 to page 5... was there a positive review? I'm afraid I only managed 11 minutes before deleting. Utterly dreadful. In every way. You'll have gathered by now that this is a comment, not a review!! LOL

[Post New]by lefteyeshut on May 11, 11 10:47 AM
Just found time to try this game today.....should have found time to do something else. Only played five minutes just couldn't bring myself to play anymore. Most items way to small to even see and the graphics were horrible.

joancast
Seahorse
Seahorse
36 Posts

[Post New]by joancast on May 11, 11 3:35 PM
I played this game all the way through except for the car crushing. Couldn't figure that one out. So here goes.....The story of the game is very good. Alot of extra puzzles to do(the trouble with some of the puzzles is they didn't tell you what you're supposed to do) That being said...I have to say this was one of the worst graphics games I've seen. I didn't even care that some things were hard to find but impossible if an apple looks like a tennis ball. I prefer games that talk but reading this one was alright. The end was I assume when shes in the car getting crushed. I couldn't figure out what they wanted to get her out. I would prefer the $13.99 games but most of them wont work in my computer.

Rhysdux
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,219 Posts

[Post New]by Rhysdux on May 12, 11 2:10 AM
I gave up after I hit one of those fourteen-square image puzzles where you have to shift blocks around to make a picture. I've never been any good at those and this time was no different.

Unfortunately, there was no skip option. And without a skip option, I couldn't progress to the next portion of the game.

That said, I agree with everyone else. The comic strip art was ugly, the hidden object scenes featured microscopic and indistinct images, the menu was hard to navigate (and hard to find in some scenes) and the music was irritating.

I think I lasted about 5 minutes.

jkuci
Flounder
Flounder
2,447 Posts

[Post New]by jkuci on May 12, 11 12:47 PM

I stupidly tried to give this one a second try...even though the sound still didn't work that is the least of this game's problems.

This is easliy the worst game I've EVER encountered ....and I've been gaming for a very long time so that is an acheivement ...of sorts.

[Post New]by carr7729 on May 12, 11 4:11 PM
I really wouldn't bother downloading - I left the game after only a couple of minutes. Really disappointing.

Becca_jxxx
Guppy
Guppy
169 Posts

[Post New]by Becca_jxxx on May 13, 11 10:20 AM
Boring, boring,boring. Very fuzzy graphics, timed Hidden Object scenes, I uninstalled after 10 minutes of play- no buy for me.

Becca_jxxx
Guppy
Guppy
169 Posts

[Post New]by Becca_jxxx on May 13, 11 10:26 AM
sinshack wrote:The storyline is actually interesting, and I could live with the cartoon graphics for the conversations and to explain what's going on, but I just can't deal with the fuzziness and garrish coloring in the hidden object scenes.

Many of the H0 items are nearly impossible to see because they are either extremely tiny, blurred, or colored to blend in with the background - or all three! An example of "all three" is the perfume bottle in the disco/bar scene, which on my large monitor was less than a quarter inch in height, bluish-gray on a bluish-gray floor, and even though it was the only thing on that section of the floor and should have stuck out like a sore thumb it was so blurry that I could barely see it even with the hint.

I am wondering one thing, because I haven't heard anyone else comment on the client. Anybody else notice the strong resemblence between "Robert Danson" and Ted Danson????? In fact, that graphic was a remarkable likeness for the star, so now we know the art department CAN draw.

I hate being so negative, but the game is supposed to be a hidden object game. It had such potential, because the story does develop quickly (just not in the first 10 minutes, you do need to give it a bit of time.) The graphics might work fine for a Manga (Japanese comic) but they just don't work for a HOG. For this type of game, the player must be able to recognize the objects AND be willing to stare at the screen for several minutes. The garrish colors and fuzziness made staring at the screen impossible for me. It would even have been better if they had stuck to the comic book art throughout the game - at least it would have been playable for more gamers.

Yes I noticed the resemblence too!! lol

Edited on 05/13/2011 at 10:27:12 AM PST

jgracinfan
Seahorse
Seahorse
39 Posts

[Post New]by jgracinfan on May 16, 11 5:02 AM
Shortest demo ever. Lasted about 2 minutes.

[Post New]by scooter0327 on May 16, 11 2:33 PM
I agree with most in this forum. This game is pretty useless. When I can't find things in a **** scene, it's usually cuz I miss it. In these, I was looking right at the object and couldn't see it. When I used the hint button (which I did a lot) I still had no idea which "object" I had just found.

Lasted 23 mins. just because I am stubborn and nearly always finish a demo, but this one went right in the can.

Seester2
Guppy
Guppy
197 Posts

[Post New]by Seester2 on May 23, 11 2:56 PM
Today must be my day for trying terrible demos....this one was worse than the last one I tried (and I gave the last one 45 minutes....this one got about 5). Terrible story, terrible graphics, terrible all the way around. This one goes onto my deleted list!

[Post New]by mopakee on May 25, 11 7:26 PM
Very disappointed in this game - the graphics are terrible - couldn't find many of the hidden objects at all. Love to get a credit for this loser of a game..... what a waste of time.....

Bink_In_AK
Minnow
Minnow
237 Posts

[Post New]by Bink_In_AK on May 29, 11 8:09 AM
Timer? I don't need no stinkin timer...

Tamlin55
Squid
Squid
69 Posts

[Post New]by Tamlin55 on May 30, 11 6:14 PM
I hated it almost instantly -- and then couldn't figure out how to exit to the menu, so I was forced to take stupid pictures of stupid people till I could get out. Haven't hated a game so instantaneously since The Wizard of Oz fiasco. Caveat Emptor.

[Post New]by nanisani56 on Jun 1, 11 12:35 PM
Big Fish,This game is not any good.I am sorry I bought it.Wish I had read what other people had to say about it before i did buy it.I have bought quite a few games from you and this is the only one i have actually hated!!!! I played for about 5 minutes then i said forget it!!! All the other games i bought i love.

Go to: