SpookyPigdog
Herring
Herring
306 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Fruits Inc.

[Post New]by SpookyPigdog on May 13, 11 10:17 PM
This is one of the SLOWEST games I've seen all year in this genre. I actually went almost full time on the trial to see if it got any better, but honestly, it's more fun to watch real apples on real trees grow.
I think the concept was good; its just the game dynamics which are extremely poor!
Couldn't recommend this to anyone, except as a torture tool...

mkastor
Herring
Herring
375 Posts

[Post New]by mkastor on May 14, 11 5:39 AM
CrazyPoet63 wrote:Well, I seem to be in the minority here when I say I actually LIKE the game. Yes, the tutorial leaves a lot to be desired, but gee, whatever happened to trying to figure things OUT? You know, using our God-given brains? It's really not a difficult game, overall.

It's not the difficulty..it's the boredom that got me! it was SO SLOW and that damn Granny popping up was ridiculous. You couldn't get rid of her and the old bat actually ate away at the clock.
My God given brain told me to uninstall it!

moetown18
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

[Post New]by moetown18 on May 14, 11 8:37 AM
klee1803 wrote:I thought this game was great. I have a few complaints but overall, it has kept me challenged for the last few days which is exactly what I look for in a game.

It took me days to get through all the levels and I have gold on less than a third, and not even silver on more than half so it will keep me entertained longer while I go back to try to win these.

Granny does disappear later on anyway but I think you can mark a box in options for her not to appear.

She is a bit of a nightmare and definitely one of my complaints about the game, but as I say, you get rid of her later.

This is definitely more a building game than a farming game. you need to think about what and when to build very carefully and also what to harvest to get the right points to be able to build more. There is a lot fo thinking, hence why I find it more challenging.

I normally enjoy Royal Envoy, My Kingdom style games the most, but also Build A Lot.
It's probably worth trying if you like these also.

My other complaint was how slow it can be but I wonder if that is a glitch. The seconds don't count down in real time, they take 2 -- 3 secs to count down every second. To be fair, I didn't mind so much as it gave me thinking time but I am curious if it should be faster and if so, how hard the game is then.

It definitely gets better later on tho.

For a TM addict like me, considering there has been so few good TM / strategy games recently, I am quite happy this was released. (I'm a mac user too so there is even less choice).

Now if we could just have some more TM games too! I have been struggling to find anything to spend credits on recently.

[Post New]by TuffTadpoles on May 14, 11 2:05 PM

mkastor wrote:
Granny popping up was ridiculous. You couldn't get rid of her and the old bat actually ate away at the clock.

Hmm, that's strange. I just started the game to check and my clock wasn't even partially eaten. Not even a nibble. It's still fully intact. I guess your grandma is just a little more hungry than my grandma.

GillyAlice
Lobster
Lobster
81 Posts

[Post New]by GillyAlice on May 14, 11 3:38 PM
I found this game to be excrutiatingly slow. Even dragging the fruit and killing the bugs as they appeared , it was so slow I could have knitted a scarf between actions on my part. Its too bad becasue I think the premise of the game is quite good, and I love TM games

Tamlin55
Squid
Squid
69 Posts

[Post New]by Tamlin55 on May 14, 11 7:32 PM
Deleted it in 3 minutes -- then came here to see what everyone else thought. Glad to see my views were pretty much confirmed. I thought the tutorial was inadequate and confusing. Am I supposed to click to harvest? Not supposed to click? I have to hire workers this soon -- really? And then I only get silver? Grainy quality graphics, boring music inadequate tutorial, annoying Grandma (and how many times are we going to use this storyline? Grandchild helps save farm?)
I don't like being blamed for not understanding inadequate instructions -- if one of the developers has to more clearly explain things on the boards here, then the problem isn't mine, it's the game. Glad some of you are enjoying it (though I was suspecting ringers at first ) but this is definitely not the TM game for me.

julesyhedgehog
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,850 Posts

[Post New]by julesyhedgehog on May 15, 11 2:25 PM
Yeah, very boring, repetitious game. Spend endless time sitting around, waiting to accumulate enough money so you can buy resources or workers. Uninstalled it after about the 5 level.

julesy

vannalle
Seahorse
Seahorse
39 Posts

[Post New]by vannalle on May 15, 11 5:55 PM
I've read the reviews but bought the game... It's a strategy game with TM, that's why there is so many complaints. Farm Frenzy is like that, but after 5-6 "seasons" everyone knows how to proceed in that one. Fruits Inc. has a different kind of goals and requires a lot of thinking... It's not like Burger Shop, when you have to be good at clicking(I love BS) It's not like the Dash family, when you need to make color combos, Fruits is a difficult game - and I think it's very good to have a real challenge once and while- but it challenges you to think at every level. Ranch Rush (similar to Hobby Farm) requires another kind of thinking. Maybe that's why TM are not so popular... It looks like a lot of clicking but you need to know what to click and when - before the timer reaches the silver...
To anyone who likes this kind of challenge Fruits Inc is a very good buy, for those who prefer more "calm waters", maybe the HOG is more suitable, you just find a lot of things and then use it in the more obvious way...

To Zemane: Congratulations for a very good and challenging game.

klee1803
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

[Post New]by klee1803 on May 18, 11 8:36 AM
vannalle wrote:I've read the reviews but bought the game... It's a strategy game with TM, that's why there is so many complaints. Farm Frenzy is like that, but after 5-6 "seasons" everyone knows how to proceed in that one. Fruits Inc. has a different kind of goals and requires a lot of thinking... It's not like Burger Shop, when you have to be good at clicking(I love BS) It's not like the Dash family, when you need to make color combos, Fruits is a difficult game - and I think it's very good to have a real challenge once and while- but it challenges you to think at every level. Ranch Rush (similar to Hobby Farm) requires another kind of thinking. Maybe that's why TM are not so popular... It looks like a lot of clicking but you need to know what to click and when - before the timer reaches the silver...
To anyone who likes this kind of challenge Fruits Inc is a very good buy, for those who prefer more "calm waters", maybe the HOG is more suitable, you just find a lot of things and then use it in the more obvious way...

yep, I totally agree - there definitely is a lot of thinking! I have had to try a number of different ways to be able to get the right number of products for each brand and what buildings to build when etc. I love it and it has kept me challenged for ages.

I have been redoing all the levels trying to at least get silver on them all. I have gold on just over half now, but I still have a few silvers, and a few bronzes too.

It seems loads of you haven't bothered with it, but for those that have persevered and are figuring out how to win, can someone please tell me how to achieve $500,000! The gold time is 8.30 mins and silver is 10.30 but the best I can do is about 12 - 14 mins!! I think it's about growing the strawberries first as they make the most money, but not sure how to get there coz I spend a fortune buying strawberries and hiring all the workers.

There is another level where I need to reach $30,000 but also have 60 apples, apricost and grapes in the store. So how do I then achieve the $30,000? This time I think the time limit is only about 5mins.

Edited on 05/18/2011 at 8:38:07 AM PST

Zemane
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by Zemane on May 18, 11 9:17 AM
a new version is out...

some gold and silver times were changed, specially in the first levels. however, the most significant difference is that you can disable grandma at any time and that the time is paused when she appears.

thanks for the cooments. hope you all enjoy it

lindiana
Guppy
Guppy
144 Posts

[Post New]by lindiana on May 19, 11 3:05 PM
I do not understand why anyone who wants people to spend MONEY on his/her product would make level 1.3 nearly impossible to earn Gold/Expert and so extremely slow that I fell asleep on my keyboard.
Boring game.

Oh I went back and figured out how to make expert on 1.3...ignore the worms and just sell your harvest. Selling apples full of worms for profit is not an image I enjoy.

Edited on 05/19/2011 at 3:45:38 PM PST

tracyestes
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by tracyestes on May 23, 11 11:09 AM
moesart wrote:I found the gameplay to be a little slow but if you pay attention, you can get gold on each level. You have to sell the fruit earlier, and plant more trees or hire more workers (without being prompted to). In other words watch the board and buy materials when needed and drag the fruit to the factory just before it sells automatically. It's kind of clever and expects you to be the same. I just wish it was faster. It's not a buy just because of that reason.

It seems like the game has a time lag or something, I surely hope it was not designed to run this slow. yikes

bfgArnoStyx
Stingray
Stingray
5,877 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArnoStyx on May 25, 11 2:00 PM
Hi everyone,

There is a new build now available for this game which:

1. Makes it easier to win gold and silver medals in the first 15 levels by increasing level times.

2. Makes it possible to skip the instructions / tutorials.

3. Makes it possible to change the graphics quality (high, medium, or low) to speed up the game. This can be found under the "Options Menu".

If you would like this version, simply uninstall and reinstall your game. Thank you!

-bfgArnoStyx

krasniikot
Squid
Squid
60 Posts

[Post New]by krasniikot on May 27, 11 12:40 PM
I didn't notice a lack of adequate tutorials, but then I have played a lot of farm games.

For me, the positives are: It's overall a more original game than most. I couldn't hack Rescue Team or Hobby Farm because they were far too derivative. This one at least tries to be somewhat new.

There are many different ways to approach every level. I really appreciate that. The possibilities are generally endless.

I'm glad I bought it (this is a big positive).

The annoyances are: I've discovered I have to restart levels often to get one scenario that will allow for a gold finish. If the juice factory is over to the side, the workers have to run from the opposite side, so I only accept beginnings wherein the factories are in the middle (less running time).

The experience coins seem completely random. Sometimes you need one with the first batch or you won't finish gold.

The insect plagues. If I start a level and am instantly hit with endless grasshoppers, I restart.

These things all make a very frustrating game.

The negatives are: I truly think it is impossible to get gold in every level. I love when it's very hard to do so, but when it's impossible? The game's just not fun. (Look at how long the game's been out and when I'm now posting my review. After all this time of restarting, I still do not have golds in every level.)

The lag. There are many points in the game where you're just waiting around, and then it sometimes hangs so those seconds become minutes. It's not smooth game play.

The timing of the crops being "picked" (in your inventory) and the length of time it takes to process them through the factories seems off. SO many times all my crops were sold a millisecond before the factory had finished processing so I had to wait for new crops.

I do hope there is a Fruits Inc. 2. It has so much potential.

[Post New]by kellymoth on May 28, 11 3:08 PM
AnnBy wrote:I played this for quite awhile yesterday and really enjoyed it.

I'd like to pipe up about the clock running while Grandma is still on the screen. Another gripe I have is when you do the mini game the clock keeps running. If the water flowed faster that wouldn't be a problem, but when it takes about 1 minute to get through the pipes, that's a bit much. I love those types of mini games, but can't afford the minute off the clock to get it done, plus the fruit harvest either slowed way down during that time or didn't move at all.

HI! Ann...I don't know if anyone replied to this yet, but if you go to the top left of the mini game, there is a wheel that you can click on that will make the water flow faster. Just click as fast as you can and keep clicking until the "bottle" is filled on the lower right.

This was prior to the new release. I don't know if that will affect the water wheel or not.

[Post New]by kellymoth on May 28, 11 3:10 PM
klee1803 wrote:
vannalle wrote:I've read the reviews but bought the game... It's a strategy game with TM, that's why there is so many complaints. Farm Frenzy is like that, but after 5-6 "seasons" everyone knows how to proceed in that one. Fruits Inc. has a different kind of goals and requires a lot of thinking... It's not like Burger Shop, when you have to be good at clicking(I love BS) It's not like the Dash family, when you need to make color combos, Fruits is a difficult game - and I think it's very good to have a real challenge once and while- but it challenges you to think at every level. Ranch Rush (similar to Hobby Farm) requires another kind of thinking. Maybe that's why TM are not so popular... It looks like a lot of clicking but you need to know what to click and when - before the timer reaches the silver...

yep, I totally agree - there definitely is a lot of thinking! I have had to try a number of different ways to be able to get the right number of products for each brand and what buildings to build when etc. I love it and it has kept me challenged for ages.

I have been redoing all the levels trying to at least get silver on them all. I have gold on just over half now, but I still have a few silvers, and a few bronzes too.

It seems loads of you haven't bothered with it, but for those that have persevered and are figuring out how to win, can someone please tell me how to achieve $500,000! The gold time is 8.30 mins and silver is 10.30 but the best I can do is about 12 - 14 mins!! I think it's about growing the strawberries first as they make the most money, but not sure how to get there coz I spend a fortune buying strawberries and hiring all the workers.

There is another level where I need to reach $30,000 but also have 60 apples, apricost and grapes in the store. So how do I then achieve the $30,000? This time I think the time limit is only about 5mins.

I am on the same level. I hope the new download provides some guidance on this one. I can't figure it out either!

[Post New]by EPF4CATSBK on Jun 2, 11 7:38 PM
I have been trying to figure out this same level (3.12 for the 500,000) since the 13th of May and it's driving me insane lol. I found that using all apples (you save money in startup costs), but I can't seem to get more than 147,000 before the gold runs out and that's the best score cause with apricots the start up costs so much I can't seem to recover the losses. Sad thing is that by the time the new release came out, I already had gold on all of the first 15 levels. I do like the fact that the new upgrade stops the time while doing the mini games.

[Post New]by jetwinter on Jun 19, 11 9:07 PM
I've been enjoying the game but I'm already stuck on a level! I'm on stage 1.14 and it asks for 1 factory with production level 1 but I'm unsure what that even means! I looked through the help section and that didn't help. What are they looking for? I found it hard enough to get the grapes planted! But I have enjoyed the challange so far. Thanks.

[Post New]by portugal5656 on Jul 6, 11 5:37 PM
if you want my advice, do not buy this game. there are that many problems with it you will be wasting your money. some of tghe levels are impossible to win as the game runs so slowly,I have had alot of games from Big Fish and I can honestly say this is by far the worst. Come Big Fish have you tried it, and if you have HOW did it get by your high standard of quality control.

Edited on 07/06/2011 at 5:42:02 PM PST

Candwill
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by Candwill on Aug 8, 11 1:07 PM
Couldn't get past the first task . I doubt I would download it either

Go to: