djrum525
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,389 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Dark Dimensions: City of Fog Collector's Edition

[Post New]by djrum525 on May 13, 11 7:36 AM
edmee1947 wrote:is anybody here who can tell me who make this game?it is published by BF,but WHO made it ,please?

Daily Magic Productions. I couldn't remember and had to check.

slyeyes
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Dark Dimensions: City of Fog Collector's Edition

[Post New]by slyeyes on May 13, 11 7:42 AM
oh boy in my happy place its a rainy friday here in wild and wonderful WV finished d/l ce the fog got my bag of kettle cooked dark russets chips my drink. no yard work today. do not disturb sign on my forehead can i get yippie ki aye?

angelfish106
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,378 Posts

[Post New]by angelfish106 on May 13, 11 8:48 AM
campfire29 wrote:If I hear one more person bragging about their pixels & LARGE monitors I think I'll hurl I mean I'm really happy for all of you but some of us are just getting by with our small laptops and oh by the way I'm sorry to here there are some people out there that are losing sleep over sparkles, personally I think the games here are great and BF is doing a great job!

Sorry but I think you're being a bit harsh. No-one is 'bragging' about large monitors as far as I can see. Many players won't buy games that don't fill a widescreen. Mentioning brand name and size is just a way of telling others whether or not the game will fill that particular monitor. Some find it helpful if they are using the same type.

I have a widescreen monitor but I don't feel that mentioning the fact that a game does or doesn't fill it is classed as 'bragging'. It's a comment designed to be helpful, not to say 'hey, I have a widescreen, aren't you sick with jealousy'. I doubt very much anyone cares if I have one or not anyway!!

crazy8club
Herring
Herring
357 Posts

[Post New]by crazy8club on May 13, 11 9:43 AM
angelfish106 wrote:
campfire29 wrote:If I hear one more person bragging about their pixels & LARGE monitors I think I'll hurl I mean I'm really happy for all of you but some of us are just getting by with our small laptops and oh by the way I'm sorry to here there are some people out there that are losing sleep over sparkles, personally I think the games here are great and BF is doing a great job!

Sorry but I think you're being a bit harsh. No-one is 'bragging' about large monitors as far as I can see. Many players won't buy games that don't fill a widescreen. Mentioning brand name and size is just a way of telling others whether or not the game will fill that particular monitor. Some find it helpful if they are using the same type.

I have a widescreen monitor but I don't feel that mentioning the fact that a game does or doesn't fill it is classed as 'bragging'. It's a comment designed to be helpful, not to say 'hey, I have a widescreen, aren't you sick with jealousy'. I doubt very much anyone cares if I have one or not anyway!!
some mention their monitor size ti see if others can play a game using same brand of PC and monitor and also windows 7. geesh

1Camille
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by 1Camille on May 13, 11 11:02 AM
I'm unable to find the negative for the camera,please help! Can't go on without it.Thankyou!
1Camille Sea Anemone

1Camille
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by 1Camille on May 13, 11 11:05 AM
I'm unable to find the negative for the camera,please help! Can't go on without it.Thankyou!
1Camille Sea Anemone

DrRobert
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,807 Posts

[Post New]by DrRobert on May 13, 11 2:26 PM
I am sure someone has already stated this, but to me it is the BEST GAME BFG has had in a very long time.

Great graphics, neat interactive puzzles, different **** scenes than most (not every one has butterfly, spider, star...), decent music, nice voiceovers. Also nice that developers are adding widescreen as an optional setting over and above fullscreen or Window. All in all a very enjoyable game. I did get to Beta it and was quite impressed. Can't wait for the SE to come out, as it will be purchased THAT DAY!

Way to go BFG!

DrRobert
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,807 Posts

[Post New]by DrRobert on May 13, 11 2:29 PM
crazy8club wrote:sucked. couldn't get to screen where it says either play or options. like can't get help from the sardines here or tech support. not worth ruining my new PC

It's probably a resolution configuration setting. I am betting it needs to be at least 1024 x 768 to run it. And be at a minimum of 32 Bit definition. Hope that helps.

ELadyG1013
Guppy
Guppy
133 Posts

[Post New]by ELadyG1013 on May 13, 11 4:08 PM
I just finished the Demo for this game, and I'm enjoying it so far! Now...To Buy or Not to buy? That is the question! Happy gaming everyone

[Post New]by Old_Man_River on May 13, 11 4:34 PM
Maybe it's me, but I can't seem to get a hold of the story line. I seem to be running around from one place to another solving HOG puzzles and mini games. It's fun, but I can't get a feel of how these things correlate to a general story line.Maybe it will make more sense later. JMHO

NikkiBikki
Guppy
Guppy
194 Posts

[Post New]by NikkiBikki on May 13, 11 5:12 PM
I played the game all the way through but have to say I did find it disappointing. It had parts of it that showed promise, like the hidden objects scenes requiring thinking and having a puzzle aspect to them which was good, but not all the scenes are like that as you go through the game the scenes become less interactive and more just finding objects on a list.

I also liked that you can click on other non interactive things in the game and get comments etc.

But I have to say the cursor in this game is very frustrating! It was slow in places and clicking on certain objects takes a lot of doing as I would click to pick up something and then it would drop the item and so I would have to have a few goes at picking it up. Also the strategy guide was wrong in some places and there were certain parts of the game where I had to click an item in numerous places to get it to work. The annoying cursor made the mini games very tedious and I ended up clicking skip a lot!

Edited on 05/13/2011 at 5:52:34 PM PST

Waazzaa
Guppy
Guppy
102 Posts

[Post New]by Waazzaa on May 13, 11 6:29 PM
elldee2728 wrote:
Poodlebear wrote:Wasn't there someone who went on a tirade recently about people saying, "Downloading now."? Anyway...

Downloading now.

I agreed with that OP's tirade (at the time), but I've since changed my mind. So, without further ado, downloading now, (he said sheepishly).

It still bugs me, and there is a new place to put these comments, so . . . (yes, I am a grump).

mytime_12
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,104 Posts

[Post New]by mytime_12 on May 13, 11 7:04 PM
I received an email a few days ago to beta test this game. After I finished playing, I went back to do the survey, only to find a message saying something about the survey being closed. Guess I waited too long. So I decided to post my comment here.

I liked the game very much. I don't usually leave the music on, but because I was beta testing the game, I thought I should, and it was enjoyable. Sometimes eerie, which goes well the the story. I did not find it annoying at all and did not experience any technical issues. It is a very interesting storyline about the supernatural. The graphics are somewhat eerie but very clear. The objects in the hidden object scenes were neither overly easy or extremely hard to find. Just the right level of searching IMO. It was just a short demo, but in that time, I came upon approximately 1/2 dozen mini-games. The mini-games are not too hard, however, they did require some brain power. What I really did enjoy, beside what the story is all about, was the hidden object scenes. Some of them require you to interact with the objects within the scene. This is something I like to do. If the game throughout is the same as the demo, I give it 5 and will definitely buy it.

lovintnt
Starfish
Starfish
49 Posts

[Post New]by lovintnt on May 13, 11 9:09 PM
NikkiBikki wrote:I played the game all the way through but have to say I did find it disappointing. It had parts of it that showed promise, like the hidden objects scenes requiring thinking and having a puzzle aspect to them which was good, but not all the scenes are like that as you go through the game the scenes become less interactive and more just finding objects on a list.

I also liked that you can click on other non interactive things in the game and get comments etc.

Thank you so much for this review! The interactive hidden objects scenes were very appealing to me in the demo as well. Knowing that that aspect fades after the demo is exactly the kind of information I think people need to know. I probably will still buy this as an SE, but will now not purchase the CE. I really appreciate you posting this. Hopefully, someday I will post a review that you will find helpful!

Edited on 05/13/2011 at 10:12:20 PM PST

TimeKilla
Herring
Herring
399 Posts

Close but no cigar

[Post New]by TimeKilla on May 13, 11 10:00 PM
This game offers a lot of good stuff. It adds some welcome variation to the genre - interactive H0 scenes are a terrific idea and it's well executed. Mini-games are the usual rounds of knobs, sliders and swapping but the developers went out of their way to add a small twist to each so they felt fresher than usual.

Graphics are gorgeous but they did stick much closer to the ever-popular "dipped in blue" look that accompanies the eerie games. Voice acting was top notch and the music was wonderful. Both of which helped make a slightly cliched storyline a lot more interesting.

So why am I waiting for the SE? Sparkles, sparkles all over the place. It makes the game too easy. I finished the trial in 32 minutes, using no hints. Without sparkles, it might have taken the whole hour. If not for that, I would have broken my "no more CE's!" policy in a heartbeat.

ETA: Btw, the reason I am mentioning the problem with sparkles is because some developers read these boards. They take all the reviews into consideration when creating a new game. People complained about games being too easy before and we have been seeing more games with a casual or difficult option. Which means I have been buying more. I like to see developers succeed. If my honest review can help with that, I am happy to offer it.

Edited on 05/13/2011 at 10:06:58 PM PST

staciepie27
Squid
Squid
69 Posts

[Post New]by staciepie27 on May 14, 11 6:59 AM
Hi everyone

Overall I really liked the game. The story, the HOG scenes( love the interactive element to them), the puzzles, the graphics, the music, are all high quality and obviously the developers took a lot of time with this game. The cut scenes and moments of voice over work are exceptional( especially the angel sculpture in the graveyard)
I would have prefered the game to have more than one mode of play-I am spoiled now with games that offer game play that doesn't include sparkles or obvious choices for what to do. Raincliff is a game that all developers should use as the platinum standard for this, and despite the glitches that have to be worked out, that game is amazing, although this game certainly has its charms and there is so much to like about it.
I felt that the bonus play was short, and I would have liked to see some more resolution with the storyline in the bonus content, and there are some glitches in there, but it definitely adds to the story and is worth playing.
I would tell people to buy this game, it is one of the better ones out there, but it could have been more if there were more modes of play like a hard mode with no sparkles.

My grade system:

Gameplay: B+
Music: A
Graphics: A
HOG scenes: A
Mode of Gameplay( Hard Mode?):B

My Overall Grade- B+

[Post New]by suzieque117 on May 14, 11 8:39 AM
Not for me. Doesn't play well using a widescreen laptop. I wish more developers would make the HOG games for widescreen laptops. Plus it's too dark and difficult to find things. I'll have to pass on this one.

emmyjayne
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,375 Posts

[Post New]by emmyjayne on May 14, 11 9:01 AM
This is a very good game (artwork, story, etc.) and I'm glad I purchased - but wish I could turn off the sparkles. The music is beautiful - which is a rarity in games. One thing they did right was not sparkle the journal the entire time - it sparkles when there is a new entry and then the sparkles fade - finally someone got this part right!

bootsky
Stingray
Stingray
5,333 Posts

[Post New]by bootsky on May 14, 11 10:53 AM
Like a lot of the reviewers I found the Demo great! It is a definite buy for me, I don't usually like the dark & eerie ones but this one held my interest throughout. The HOG's were different & I hope these interactive HOG scenes are going to be the wave of the future...until someone comes up with something else!
3 X , thanks

dogfish12
Stingray
Stingray
4,579 Posts

[Post New]by dogfish12 on May 14, 11 12:11 PM
Fabulous game! I find the HOGS interesting and enjoyed the difference. Not a big fan on the way the hint shows you where things are in this one. Graphics great and music fits. Didn't want it to end.

Go to: