Re:Your Comments and Reviews for The Agency of Anomalies: Mystic Hospital

[Post New]by texfrog on Jun 14, 11 12:38 PM
AoA was a fun game to play. I don't understand the comments about a "creep" factor. It was a sci fi-ish HOG with very good graphics. I was sad when I realized there was no getting across the lake to the medieval castle *pout pout*, and the rat maze game took soooooo long (stupid slow mouse hehee) All in all, I really did enjoy it. I know games like these can't go on forever, but darn it, I wish they could!

Tikatoy
Minnow
Minnow
269 Posts

[Post New]by Tikatoy on Jun 19, 11 4:46 PM
Loved the premise and WW2 setting of this one.The graphics were a bit off-putting at first--they seemed low-res/pixellated or too aliased or something, especially in contrast to the high-res fonts used in the messages and case files. I got used to them at the end though, and they didn't affect the difficulty of the hidden object scenes.

I liked the scenes where you put objects back in instead of trying to find them. There aren't that many locations to explore and they're easy to navigate, although the rooms in the hospital aren't really distinct enough to know exactly where a room is when you think of a certain puzzle and want to go back to it.

The music and sound effects were pretty good and I did like the animation for the paranormal beings. (Spoiler, highlight to read) I wish that they could have been saved somehow though, I did feel sorry for those soldiers.

Minigames and puzzles were fun and of average to above average difficulty.

Seester2
Guppy
Guppy
197 Posts

[Post New]by Seester2 on Jun 20, 11 9:38 PM
Just played the demo on this game and will probably get it. I liked the way it played (I loved the matching hidden object scene), and the story wasn't too disturbing for me (although I have to admit, I am getting a little tired of all the dark games....it would be nice to have some hidden object games that had great graphics and stories that weren't so morbid). I also liked the hidden object scenes that were interactive. It froze during the pipe scene, but I just escaped out of it, went to the main menu, then went back in and it played fine after that. Graphics are really good on this one, too.

KimK27
Minnow
Minnow
237 Posts

[Post New]by KimK27 on Jun 26, 11 2:18 PM
Interesting and fun and challenging! Yes, it was a little creepy, but no more so than sci-fi or paranormal TV shows. I like creepy, but not occult; this was about a mad scientist, not demonic possession. The puzzles were all interesting; I wish there'd been a little more direction on some of them. I accessed the walk-through when I was completely stumped. Got lost any number of times, but that's part of the fun. The HOG parts weren't too easy and I liked the extra steps involved in finding some of the items. I've spent far too much time on this game today, and will play it again.

Liasmani
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
19,504 Posts

[Post New]by Liasmani on Aug 7, 11 1:22 PM
Graphics – 3 stars
Story – 2.5 stars
Music/Sounds – 3 stars
Gameplay – 3 stars
Overall – 2.875 stars

My ratings of games can be high as 5 and can be low as 1.

Ratings Explained:

1 star: Poor
2 stars: Okay
3 stars: Good
4 stars: Great
5 stars: Excellent

JCesme43
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by JCesme43 on Aug 21, 11 4:20 PM
LOVE THIS GAME!
Great graphics. Neat story. Lots of places to explore. Those are my favorite games...the "traveling" ones as my mom & I call them. We like to travel...it doesn't have to be far, but we love lots of rooms & secret entryways,etc & this one did not disappoint. I didn't have to skip any puzzles but did use the walkthrough once or twice. It was just hard enough for me & took a long time for me to play which I like.
I highly recommend it.

ject58
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by ject58 on Nov 9, 11 9:07 AM
can't find ectoplasm tube. In the walkthrough it says it's supposed to be with the last secret document, but I can't find it. Can anyone help?

EnvirEng
Guppy
Guppy
152 Posts

[Post New]by EnvirEng on Nov 17, 11 10:19 PM
I mostly really enjoyed this game. The graphics and cut scenes are phenomenal. The H0G scenes were good fun. Some regular H0G scenes with a few interactive items. Some screens give you a series of items that you have to put into the scene. In general, I am getting tired of H0Gs, but didn't get tired of these.

Non-linear game play with some old-standby’s. Yes, you will need a fuse, a crowbar, etc. Some novel solutions required as well. Lots of places to investigate. Mini-games are good and not too difficult

The story line and atmosphere are creepy. Lots of skeletons and a run-down hospital. Total play time with no skipping of mini-games or cut scenes was about four hours according to the game timer. Seemed like longer to me. I am very satisfied with the length.

A couple of issues. I played in advanced mode and, although I consider myself a well seasoned player, I had to use the Walk-Through three times. With NO sparkles at all, I missed a few items and, therefore, couldn’t move forward in the game. Frustrating! Wish I had played in casual mode.

Also, there is no map and there are a lot of hospital rooms. It gets hard to remember what was where.

The story is unoriginal—Demonic experiments performed on patients. And one last thing, Spoiler: You never get across the lake on that boat.If you are looking for a truly challenging Adventure/H0G, this is for you. I give it an A-.

lizamama
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by lizamama on Dec 6, 11 9:19 AM
paco12348 wrote:I'd like to see games made from some of the great fantasy books.

absolutely but i guess the authors might have the patents on those huh but can you imagine a robert jordan or salvatore game

Shastanna
Lobster
Lobster
97 Posts

[Post New]by Shastanna on Dec 17, 11 6:54 AM
Campy & Creepy...just the way I like it. LOL

Fun game!

sudsysuzy
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by sudsysuzy on Jan 3, 12 11:30 AM
Nicely non-linear. Good graphics & choice of resolution - great for those on older machines. Nice voice-overs - appropriately creepy. Very nice HOGs, some replacement with a purpose (coffee in grinder, olive in martini). I don't remember any of this type rHOG, but I found it had greater logic and sense of completion than replacing just pieces. Just a good all around mix of quality puzzles.

The length was okay and the story, though a rather ugly subject, was well written and very logical. And my one big fault for most of these type games was missing. The end was not hurried! It was truly the climax of the story. My only gripe, and this is just a personality flaw on my part - I wish the 'subjects' would have found a true resolution in the end.

Otherwise, enjoyable play, creepy subject, a very good HOG in my opinion.

Edited on 01/03/2012 at 11:31:27 AM PST

howdytwo
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by howdytwo on Jan 15, 12 3:15 PM
Some have said that there should be subject matter other than the dark side in these HOA games. I enjoy solving mysteries, and it seems something untoward must happen in order for it to be a mystery. Mystic Hospital is on the dark side, but fascinating for me nonetheless. Thanks to Big Fish, there is something for everyone.

addieh
Minnow
Minnow
214 Posts

[Post New]by addieh on Feb 12, 12 7:01 PM
This game was creepy but fun to play. I liked the HOS scenes and there wasn't too too much running back and forth.
Music was great, graphics too. Good game! I liked playing it very much!

Seester2
Guppy
Guppy
197 Posts

[Post New]by Seester2 on Jul 12, 12 7:09 PM
A well done game but I am getting SO bored with occult games. Could we lighten it up a bit with the same quality, Big Fish? All of these game are starting to look the same.....
The graphics were good, and the hidden object scenes were great...loved the hos where you had to put the item into the scene where it went instead of just finding things. Story was same old, same old stuff.

[Post New]by miss1948 on Jul 18, 12 9:10 PM
lolag1 wrote:whent all the way to the elevator only to find out i didnt have the tag for the INVISIBLE man can anybody tell me where its at please

GAME COMPLETED SEVERAL TIMES

[Post New]by JustTheFacts on Feb 16, 13 12:19 AM
GAME COMPLETED SEVERAL TIMES

Paranormal Approach to Tired “Abandoned Hospital” Tale

Story: You are a special agent with the Agency of Anomalies sent to investigate a military hospital that hosted a variety of terrifying experiments before it was abandoned. Discover the monstrosities that soldiers, doctors, and nurses have been transformed into, and try to stop a dimensional vortex from destroying the world.

Developer: ******
Release Date: Jan 2012
Extras: Time Scores, Cut Scene Replays

Or is that paramilitary? This game contends with those tried and true villains – the army and their mad scientists, using the Anomalous Activity Detector (aka Hint). This device identifies areas of interest, and if asked, the solutions. This can be surprisingly unhelpful, and recharge is slow, so the game is not easy.

The HOs and visuals are the usual grungy rat holes you’d expect from an abandoned hospital, but they are well done and for the most part appropriate to the location. They are both lists and return items, and each HOs is visited three times. There are few puzzles, most reasonably easy, but skipping one costs you 30 minutes of game time, so that’s just as well!

This is the first of a series of three games each of which is increasingly well done, but it is still an excellent place to start your career with the “Agency of Anomalies”.

Edited on 02/24/2013 at 1:36:37 AM PST

Mickeycb
Minnow
Minnow
221 Posts

[Post New]by Mickeycb on Feb 28, 13 1:32 AM
For a game, it was alright. Nothing to really blow me away, so to speak. You basically stayed in the same area and just had to remember where certain rooms were, for the most part. Not that difficult, didn't have to skip puzzles. The hint didn't tell you where you had to go next, but honestly, if you have a logical approach to the game, it's not that difficult to figure out. From start to finish, it only took me about 2 hours, which isn't bad since time is a factor. It was fun all in all.

roaming
Clownfish
Clownfish
644 Posts

[Post New]by roaming on Aug 4, 13 11:00 PM
nuttyplayer53 wrote:I love these type of hidden object games but I have such a problem trying to remember where some things are when I have to keep jumping back and forth to different places,

This game has really great artwork and spooky sounds. I'm not at all concerned about the subject matter. It's just a game, and besides, you are playing as the investigator who is there to correct the problem, not take part in it. (Skip the cut scenes and you won't have to learn about the horrible stuff that happened in the past.)

There is a penalty for skipping puzzles. Each skip will 30 add minutes to your total game time in case you're keeping track. I hate puzzles, skip them all, and couldn't care less about keeping track of how long it takes me to play a game.

Unfortunately for me, there are a lot more puzzles than HOS -- so few HOS that I get excited when I come across one.

There is no map. The hints are worthless -- the "look elsewhere" kind. The journal is only helpful because it records codes, but of no use in figuring out where to go.

You have to collect anomalous energy in five nexus holders. I've collected two so far, have had to look at the walkthrough twice, have a bunch of items in my inventory that I have no idea what to do with, and am taking a break to write this review and check the walkthrough yet again.

So far my opinion is that this is a run-of-the-mill game of the Evil Doctor experimenting on sanitarium patients genre that others have discussed previously. With a map and a better hint system, it would be a lot less annoying to play. I'm glad I got it with today's DOTD. I can only give it 2-1/2 stars and a weak recommendation.

roaming
Clownfish
Clownfish
644 Posts

[Post New]by roaming on Aug 4, 13 11:00 PM
nuttyplayer53 wrote:I love these type of hidden object games but I have such a problem trying to remember where some things are when I have to keep jumping back and forth to different places,

This game has really great artwork and spooky sounds. I'm not at all concerned about the subject matter. It's just a game, and besides, you are playing as the investigator who is there to correct the problem, not take part in it. (Skip the cut scenes and you won't have to learn about the horrible stuff that happened in the past.)

There is a penalty for skipping puzzles. Each skip will 30 add minutes to your total game time in case you're keeping track. I hate puzzles, skip them all, and couldn't care less about keeping track of how long it takes me to play a game.

Unfortunately for me, there are a lot more puzzles than HOS -- so few HOS that I get excited when I come across one.

There is no map. The hints are worthless -- the "look elsewhere" kind. The journal is only helpful because it records codes, but of no use in figuring out where to go.

You have to collect anomalous energy in five nexus holders. I've collected two so far, have had to look at the walkthrough twice, have a bunch of items in my inventory that I have no idea what to do with, and am taking a break to write this review and check the walkthrough yet again.

So far my opinion is that this is a run-of-the-mill game of the Evil Doctor experimenting on sanitarium patients genre that others have discussed previously. With a map and a better hint system, it would be a lot less annoying to play. I'm glad I got it with today's DOTD. I can only give it 2-1/2 stars and a weak recommendation.

bluejen
Clownfish
Clownfish
702 Posts

[Post New]by bluejen on Sep 10, 14 11:45 AM
ginro wrote:
Sadsid wrote:I also have to ask what is OSM and also what is ETA? Maybe this old lady just needs a list of the most frequent used abbreviations. Thanks
I,too, am at a loss when trying to decipher what people mean when they abbreviate words. Please help us 'oldies but goodies' out and just spell-out what you want to say - it would be greatly appreciated. Thanx ~ have a great day!!

You can always google it. Or use the Urban Dictionary (google that also).

Go to: