Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Gravely Silent: House of Deadlock

[Post New]by FishingCat on Jul 23, 12 8:28 PM
This game is by Vogat Interactive and I greatly enjoyed it. A lot of fun for H0G/IH0G lovers. Try the demo and you'll probably love it.

Liked:

- Graphics were pretty and interesting.
- Most of the puzzles were fun although a few times it took me a bit to figure out what to do.
- Storyline was interesting even if familiar (save your sister!).
- Music was nice and not annoying. Usually I turn it off or really low. This one I only turned down slightly, but otherwise I enjoyed it.

Disliked:

- Short and abrupt ending. I would have liked a more detailed ending, especially since it seemed like the villain had been at this for some time.

The game had two modes of play. I chose the harder version so sometimes I wandered around a lot trying to find where the next H0 scene was as there were no sparkles to point them out. The game seemed very lengthy. I didn't see anything that might be upsetting for other players unless you don't like creepy crawlers or ghosts. There was a scene with furniture with faces which I found creepy, but not disturbing. I recommend the game!

Enjoy!

LorraineC
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by LorraineC on Aug 26, 12 7:51 AM
May have been a good game but I absolutely hate spiders and every search scene had spiders or something to do with spiders. I also found it extremely difficult to exit a scene. I had to hold the mouse in just the right spot to move from scene to scene. Am glad I played demo and didn't waste my money/game credit

Seester2
Guppy
Guppy
197 Posts

[Post New]by Seester2 on Jan 1, 13 5:20 PM
One of the better games! Interesting story, the graphics were really good except in some of the HO scenes...it was a little bit grainy and hard to see some of the objects. Also, on the puzzles, there were no instructions on how to play them so there was a bit of a challenge on the rules of some of them. All in all, though, I would recommend this game. I give it a 7 out of 10.

[Post New]by JustTheFacts on Jun 10, 13 9:24 AM
Much More Than It Seems***

GAME COMPLETED MANY TIMES

I own another game (Bluebeard’s Castle) with an almost identical story – sister marries charming husband who fails to mention his previous wives, and then she dies/disappears under mysterious circumstances. In both games, to save your sister you must set the spirits of his previous wives/victims free. They are both good stories, but the similarity ends there.

This game is a simple and straightforward HO ADVENTURE. The PUZZLES are FAMILIAR & FEW. I skipped a couple, but only one struck me as actually difficult. Likewise, the story moves the ADVENTURE along SIMPLE LOGICAL lines, rarely detouring from the obvious.

The HO games are INTERESTING & VARIED. There are mildly INTERACTIVE LISTS, MULTIPLES & FIND PAIRS. Sometimes in combination. You will redo some of those HO SCENES a second time using a different type of search.

The game is NOT overly LONG. There is NO MAP, NO real HELP from HINT, NO JOURNAL. And of course, in a game this simple, NO COLLECTIBLES OR ACHIEVEMENTS.

What turns this game into an unexpected LITTLE GEM is the ARTWORK. Using colour, symbolism and humour, the artists create a SURREAL NETHERWORLD in which each of the wives is trapped until you free her. They are a DELIGHT to the MIND as well as the EYE, even though not the best GRAPHICS I’ve seen. As well, the MUSIC is wonderful, and worthy of an ear, just for itself.

I won’t pretend that this game is the best I’ve played – it’s not. But it is RELAXING, ENTERTAINING, and just DIFFERENT enough to make it INTERESTING.

I recommend this game!

roaming
Clownfish
Clownfish
644 Posts

[Post New]by roaming on Aug 1, 13 10:27 PM
I predict you will not be able to get through a single HOS without multiple hints. Also, this game has the dreaded "nothing to do here, explore elsewhere" hint system outside of the HOS.
I also found it extremely difficult to exit a scene. I had to hold the mouse in just the right spot to move from scene to scene.

Edited on 08/01/2013 at 10:29:01 PM PST

skippystwin
Guppy
Guppy
121 Posts

[Post New]by skippystwin on Jul 4, 14 12:12 PM
I was impressed by the graphics; you could be in a creepy atmosphere and then you're looking at a bunny with big pink ears - go figure. HOGs were good, except for one that was way too small. Games were fairly easy. What I didn't like were the spiders - enough already. Every game I play has spiders - we get it. The creators seemed to like cats, which is okay by me, until you get the the last HOG. Except for that, it was a fun game that kept me thinking.

Go to: