slepless777
Guppy
Guppy
121 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for: Princess Isabella: Return of the Curse Collector's Edition

[Post New]by slepless777 on May 19, 11 10:40 PM
Okay, I tried to finish the demo and I just can't handle this game, even in advanced mode. Can't get past the flashes of light and all around sparkly, fairytale purply brightness. There's just too many things that irk me to no end about this game. Maybe I'm just too used to the dark and eerie ones. Without all the unnecessary flashes and flamboyant music every time you complete a task I might have given it a chance. This is the first CE in months that I haven't instantly purchased. Oh well... off to wait another week.

Inanga
Lobster
Lobster
88 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for: Princess Isabella: Return of the Curse Collector's Edition

[Post New]by Inanga on May 19, 11 11:38 PM
Despite the bright flashing lights (I pop on my sunglasses for that part lol.) I love the game and it's a buy for me next payday. I'm a slow but steady (old) player so trial games only go a little way into the games for me - after that, hours of pleasure and the odd late night.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on May 20, 11 2:24 AM
Hmmm... just played the 1-hour demo (or trial version, which I haven´t yet finished in the 1 hour) and am not sure about this game.

I thought that the graphics were not as good as I remembered them in the first game - could be wrong though. Just assumed they would have been of a much higher standard.

I had completely forgotten that the fairy keeps rushing in wherever I put my cursor, and especially in the H0 scenes: each time I find an object, she rushes in to take it.
I am sure I complaint about this in the first game forum. I think it`s enough for the fairy to be stationary at the top right-hand side and NOT keep flying around to take stuff.

I don`t mind the voice - yes, it could have been less squeaky and more adult-like sounding, but I got quickly used to it again.

I am one of those people who is very light-sensitive, and was prepared for the worst when I read the comments. But I didn`t actually see those flashes as annoying, and they didn`t hurt my eyes.

I don`t know whether I will buy this game. I usually know within 10 minutes whether I am going to buy a game or not, but I played this game for 55 minutes and still don`t know whether I want it or not. I will have to think about it...

ETA: Oh, and about the glitches/bugs some peeps complained about: I had no trouble at all with the trial game and the SG worked just fine for me.

Edited on 05/20/2011 at 2:25:37 AM PST

Kelvarda
Stingray
Stingray
5,173 Posts

[Post New]by Kelvarda on May 20, 11 6:25 AM
Thought I'd better comment on this game! Quite long! Look everywhere breakable (vases, cracks in walls, floors etc), burnable, waterable (is that a word!) and liftable (esp. when you have all the abilities of the fairy and the dragon.

If you don't get Area Cleared - go back when you have more abilities. I've still to finish (but the fairy's starting to get to me!) The SG although it 'hints' to send you where necessary, it doesn't show you 'where' items are. I had to resort to a walkthrough from the garden furniture store to find some things. And believe me it was a 'last resort'

Kel

jkuci wrote:
I tried this game this morning and was just iching for a reason to buy it but, reluctantly, I realized I'd be unlikely to actually play it much due to that darned fairy creature's voice. It was piercing.

I was finding myself getting very nostalgic for the Joe Pesci sound-alike voice of the companion demon in another game. Enough said....

edited to add the name of the great game with the Joe Pesci demon: Brunhilda and the Dark Crystal

jkuci - thanks for mentioning this game. Think I'll check it out!

Kel

eta: looks a lot of fun, and quite long.

Edited on 05/20/2011 at 6:39:30 AM PST

kathey12
Guppy
Guppy
128 Posts

[Post New]by kathey12 on May 20, 11 6:42 AM
I enjoyed the game! I really liked the "teaser" and can't wait for Isabella III!
The first game had crisper graphics, but overall, it was a pleasure playing the sequel!
A big thank you to the developer and Big Fish!

yve501
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,378 Posts

[Post New]by yve501 on May 20, 11 7:28 AM
I was undecided after the demo but i bought [mainly because I wanted th DD and was d******d if I was going to allow it to eat my credit].
I actually enjoyed the game I never play with sound so the fairy didn't bother me.
My problem was with the bonus play, I thought it was really lazy just to rehash all the scenes from the first game.
I do hope that's not an indication of what no. 3 is going to be like

Oh and I thought the SG was absolutely useless, not much help at all.

Edited on 05/20/2011 at 7:29:28 AM PST

[Post New]by MississippiNana on May 20, 11 7:30 AM
This game makes absolutely no sense to me. Already used up 20 minutes of demo and can't get anywhere. The hints are terrible. This is a no game choice for me.

[Post New]by MississippiNana on May 20, 11 7:32 AM
This game makes no sense to me, hints are terrible. Won't be getting this game.

[Post New]by RainbowExplorer on May 20, 11 9:50 AM
Kelvarda wrote:
@ RainbowExplorer

If you are still an active member of the BFG Club, then every month, near the end of the month, you are billed $6.99. You can tell precisely when you were billed for your monthly membership fee, by clicking on the "MY ACCOUNT" folder

Whilst the above is very good - could I just clarify one thing....

It depends on when you joined as a member as to when the membership fee is taken from your bank account and is available to use to purchase games. I joined on the 5th of the month, therefore my credit is available from the 5th of every month not at the end

Kel

Thanks for clarifying this for me, Kel! Since I obviously joined BFG at the end of a month, I didn't stop to realize that the monthly membership payment date would be different for different people, depending upon what time of the month it was when they originally joined BFG. I'm glad my posting has been helpful to some! As a newbie, I was confused by the differences between BFG CREDITS and BFG COUPONS, like everyone else.

When I saw how inappropriately excited some BFG members were getting, upon hearing of the new BFG CREDIT policy, it seemed timely to point out that collecting a lot of BFG COUPONS, by purchasing many Daily Deals, Catch of the Week Games, Sale Games, and other discounted games, was NOT going to suddenly allow everyone to begin buying CE editions of games, at a discounted rate.

There IS no discounted rate for the CE editions, either now or previously. It will cost $13.99 in CASH/CREDIT CARD/ETC., either way. Though I hate to be the bearer of bad news, I felt it would be kinder than leaving a lot of people highly upset, when they discovered their stacks of BFG COUPONS couldn't be traded for a single CE edition they were wanting.

tofinofish
Shark
Shark
13,738 Posts

[Post New]by tofinofish on May 20, 11 9:55 AM
Just finished the game this morning. When I first started the demo yesterday I got really frustrated right away because the stragey guide may as well be non existant for all the good it does aperson in the beginning of the game. So after awhile I figured it out and it was ok. I bought the game and played it through, I hate music games probably because i can't read music and have a hard time following flashing lights, (those ones I always have to watch two or three times first.) was glad the things to do was more intersting than the first Isabella. The teaser was intriguing and looked like more of the same uncursing of the kingdom. I will say that all in all I enjoyed the game. I do have one question for the delvelopers of this game tho... why does Prince Adam look so incerdiably stuck up and weird looking surely Princess Isabella could have done a lot better than him. As a prince I think he has to go maybe have him die and Princess Isabella (the mom) can remarry a dark eyed, dark haired guy thats more humble and more down to earth.

ZazuGirl
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by ZazuGirl on May 20, 11 11:31 AM
I have to say I REALLY did not like this game. It is so over-the-top cutesy I quit the demo about 15 minutes in. I love the HOGs normally especially the harder ones, but really, this is terrible. Why do games directed at women have to be so pathetic? You could use a similar story line but the fairy! Really that fairy I want to choke with that terrible voice. And the little cute dragon. Everything so nice and shiny and pretty when you solve the puzzle. It's like a 5 years olds Disney game.

Not anything you would want to play again.

I know-different strokes and all that-but I am so disappointed with this one.

Still waiting for the latest Ravenhearst!!!!

d0080b
Stingray
Stingray
5,334 Posts

[Post New]by d0080b on May 20, 11 11:53 AM
Very childish type game ... can't force myself to finish the demo. An irritating little fairy with the high-pitched voice flies around telling you every move to make ? ... nothing enjoyable about that. Not into this game at all. UNINSTALLED!

PowderMonkey
Guppy
Guppy
195 Posts

[Post New]by PowderMonkey on May 20, 11 12:34 PM
How refreshing after I'd just replayed Shiver: Vanishing Hitchhiker!
I love the fairies - and the game is hard enough so that I want to play it, despite being a little too old for fairies!
Graphics are amazing - I just wished the available wallpapers were 'after lifting the curse' - hence more colours.
I had no technical glitches, so am very satisfied with using my game credits on this one, finally a chance to put your GC's to good use!

Edited on 05/20/2011 at 12:36:34 PM PST

[Post New]by babybells1 on May 20, 11 12:43 PM
dancemom1 wrote:Downloaded this one and while it was loading, I noted that it deleted a previous game. Why would it delete the first game to add this one? Never had that happen with a sequel before. Odd..oh well, giving it a try anyway. Liked the first game.

lilTweet7
Herring
Herring
333 Posts

[Post New]by lilTweet7 on May 20, 11 1:13 PM
Wow! the first CE that I actually don't care for! Amazing! That is very unusual for me, but honestly, I'm glad so many do like it for BF's sake. I can not really pin point exactly why I don't like this game. Just the whole feel of it doesn't appeal to me, including graphics, overkill with the special effects, dialogue, little fairy voice, etc. I did enjoy the first one, but not this one. I love special effects too, and even hand drawn graphics, but this one, for some reason, no. I played the demo, and deleted the game from my PC. For all those who do like this game.... ENJOY! As for me, looks like I'll save some money.

Have a nice weekend everyone!

Edited on 05/20/2011 at 1:15:51 PM PST

bootsky
Stingray
Stingray
5,333 Posts

[Post New]by bootsky on May 20, 11 1:51 PM
Since I'm downloading the demo & just found out it's 2 game credits for a CE now...kudos I'll edit later for my review!! I know bated breath, I just like to put in my 2 ce nts these days LOL
Just finished the demo, enjoyed the game will buy when it comes out as standard...I had to go to the walkthrough because the SG was of no help, so to me what's the point of spending the extra money. I agree the fairies voice got a little annoying but that's ok. I may still end up buying the CE as there is an extra "game" attached.

Edited on 05/21/2011 at 10:41:40 AM PST

nehmah
Starfish
Starfish
52 Posts

[Post New]by nehmah on May 20, 11 2:16 PM
One feature I really like is the option to adjust for slow computers. It made a huge difference in play time. No frozen or blank screens. I still wish the fairy had a lower pitched voice I'll probably buy this one, especially since I'll be able to use credits. Thanks Felix, Nehmah

Smallhaven
Rainbowfish
Rainbowfish
42,220 Posts

[Post New]by Smallhaven on May 20, 11 2:21 PM
Annoying fairy, annoying flashing white light, annoying music, just plain annoying game for me. I had high hopes for this sequel but minutes into this one and it was a definate no purchase for our household.

NikkiBikki
Guppy
Guppy
194 Posts

[Post New]by NikkiBikki on May 20, 11 2:47 PM
Really enjoyed this game, although difficult at times to work out what to do, but I did choose the advanced mode so I do like a challenge.

The graphics were good, I ended up playing it on my desktop computer which is fast and has lots of memory as it kept freezing and was very slow on my laptop which is much slower and has a lot less memory. So if you have a slow computer you may struggle to play it.

Not sure it was worth buying the CE over the SE though as the bonus part of the game was not as good as the main part and the strategy guide was not really much help during the game

Would give this a 4 out of 5

ember89
Flounder
Flounder
2,103 Posts

[Post New]by ember89 on May 20, 11 3:29 PM
i knew when i beta-d this one forever ago that i would probably end up buying it... and i am

what i liked about this one is that it added a lot more adventure and still kept a few of the perks of the first game... for instance, when you get all the gems, it prompts you to whisk back to the frozen folks and free them and then get whisked back to where you were working when you found your last piece... just like with the mirror shards in the first one... and the puzzles are a good mix... some we've seen, but none so played out i felt a groan coming on...

in all i think the option for "advanced" playing is just what most of us are looking for when we say we want something without a ton of hand-holding... you are really thrown out there without a bone unless you look for it! and i love it! i also am very glad that i can skip some of the fairy conversating... she really grates on you after a while if you let her go full throttle

oh, and i don't know why everyone has this thing about trolls being grumpy and demanding payment for every crossing ever made... we're not all bad!

Go to: