Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Emma and the Inventor.

[Post New]by Valdy on May 21, 11 6:17 AM
I just finished the game. It took me exactly 2 hours - not skipping any mini games. LOL

I very much enjoyed the game, and these 2 hours were just the right length. Yes, I do like games to be a little longer as well (3 hours is the playtime I like), but this was such a pleasureable game to play, that I didn`t mind.

I would have loved to spend more time in the garden, with the scarecrow and the pumpkin. The graphics in that particular area were just beautiful, and that`s the kind of images I love.

Next time I hope to be able to go with granddad, but please... not to Egypt, but some "out of this world" place.

--- --- ---

SPOILER ALERT

Sorry, Slycooper... I can`t remember having to open a cabinet. You are in the kitchen? All ingredients needed are visible - you don`t have to open any cabinet doors. And you will have to turn up the heat on the stove first, and then you add the ingredients to the pot.

Hope this helps.

Edited on 05/21/2011 at 7:32:13 AM PST

elldee2728
Shark
Shark
14,378 Posts

[Post New]by elldee2728 on May 21, 11 7:01 AM
I'd call this a Friday "winner" right after a CE Thursday! Sure, sure, I can hear it now--a worn-out storyline about Grandpa and Granddaughter--well, it still doesn't get old for me.

The intro is very neatly done, with some fitting sound FX. The options menu has everything we need (by all means, use the game cursor). Love the cursor changes--gold directional arrows, rectangular magnifying glass for close-ups of search scenes, clamp for picking up something. Voice-acting in the intro (and a bit into the game) is well-done by Grandpa. As an IH0G, the graphics are clear and colorful--I enjoy trying to assemble virtual things; this game gives me that chance from time to time (radio?). Gotta collect parts and pieces of Grandpa's Time Machine throughout the game--keep a lookout for those! The hint system (radio) re-ups quickly--solve the mini-game puzzles yourself.

The now-posted W/T does promise a fairly short game, as a lot of other reviewers have already noted. If you take your time, though, I still think this will be an enjoyable experience.

[Post New]by rosie28sammy on May 21, 11 8:53 AM
I really loved this game. There are only two things that will prevent me from purchasing it right now. The first is the fact that there is too much hand holding. I clicked off the tutorial in the hopes that the sparkles at the beginning would go away. They didn't so basically instead of being able to investigate the scenes on your own, thereby making the game longer, you are shown exactly where to go. Great for someone new to HOGs, but not so great for a seasoned player.

Which brings me to the second reason why I won't be purchasing it now. The demo ends in the second scene of chapter 2 according to the walkthrough. I got to this spot in 30 minutes, taking my time and reading all the dialogue, so looking at the walkthrough, the game would only be another hour long for me. The storyline is interesting and the scenes are gorgeous! Perfect HOG scenes and interesting music. Unfortunately, unless a big sale comes around or it shows up as a DD, I'll have to pass.

Edited on 05/21/2011 at 8:55:36 AM PST

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on May 21, 11 9:53 AM
rosie28sammy wrote:I really loved this game. There are only two things that will prevent me from purchasing it right now. The first is the fact that there is too much hand holding. I clicked off the tutorial in the hopes that the sparkles at the beginning would go away. They didn't so basically instead of being able to investigate the scenes on your own, thereby making the game longer, you are shown exactly where to go. Great for someone new to HOGs, but not so great for a seasoned player.

Just goes to show how different people see things differently. I thought there were barely any sparkles in this game. Lots of things you had to find without the sparkles - it was mainly H0 scenes that have them. And considering this game hasn´t got the choice of playing advanced or normal mode, I thought that the use of sparkles here were very minimal.

Which brings me to the second reason why I won't be purchasing it now. The demo ends in the second scene of chapter 2 according to the walkthrough. I got to this spot in 30 minutes, taking my time and reading all the dialogue, so looking at the walkthrough, the game would only be another hour long for me.

I also took my time, and read all the dialogue, and finished the first chaper after 55 minutes. I guess I could have reached the second scene in chapter 2 if I had bothered to rush it and squeeze out the whole hour, which I prefer not to do. So I am impressed that you managed to do that part in half the time I did it.

But yes, the first chapter is the longest, and chapter 2 and 3 together took me as long as the first chapter. I finished the game within 2 hours. But I don`t regret buying the game. It plays wonderfully and, I feel, with this game, you don`t really want it to be all that much longer. There are games I could play for hours, and others I prefer to be shorter. And this is one of them.

[Post New]by daisyduck352 on May 21, 11 11:45 AM
I was dissapointed that I only played 40 min and it shut off. On the whole I enjoyed the game and it was fun doing something a little different. I liked the storyline and music wasn't bad either. The graphic's were quite good and hints reloaded in a fair amt of time. It has puzzles, IHOG's and think it will be a game I will want to buy.

slepless777
Guppy
Guppy
121 Posts

[Post New]by slepless777 on May 21, 11 12:05 PM
Wow...Way too short. A total rip off. Good thing I only used a punch card credit. My advice is to wait until it comes out as a DD.

crazyfor20
Starfish
Starfish
40 Posts

[Post New]by crazyfor20 on May 21, 11 12:50 PM
I bought this with a monthly credit. Thank goodness. I was disappointed! All of a sudden the game was done.

SweetSuki
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

[Post New]by SweetSuki on May 21, 11 1:29 PM
Good game but it was WAY too short!! Took me about an hour to finish. Wish I hadn't wasted a game credit.

[Post New]by cruisin_gal on May 21, 11 2:03 PM
Demo took me 26 minutes. Way too short. Otherwise, it looked like a good game.

9gamer5
Lobster
Lobster
92 Posts

[Post New]by 9gamer5 on May 21, 11 2:27 PM
Enjoyed the demo but finished in less than an hour. Noted there were only 3 chapters anyways. Interesting game with good graphics but far too short, so I will not buy it.

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for EmhIma and the Inventor.

[Post New]by OnWisconsin on May 21, 11 8:18 PM
HI!!! I really liked the Emma game and the Hidden Mysteries: Notre Dame BUT...BUT...both games are way too short. I was well over half-way done with both games when the demos ended. I think I'll wait until the games are cheaper. Just too short;

BUT I think that both games are fun. RE: sparkles... I don't understand the problem. Do they bother your eyes??? Sparkles are in so many HOG games to let us know what to do. Maybe I don't understand the situation. Sorry. I actually like the sparkles.

candybrand
Guppy
Guppy
171 Posts

[Post New]by candybrand on May 21, 11 8:29 PM
thanks fishies, don't know if i will use my credit for this one, can't stand short games, a waste of my time and money, if i buy a game i would at least like to play for 3 to 4 hours, guess i'll wait for the next one, wonder how notre dame - secrets of paris is going to be, guess i'll read up on that one, got 2 more games to buy to finish my punch card for the month, by the way my understanding from BF is that they are going to give us a free game for each CE that we buy? anybody know, i have brought 3 CE"s this month, will i get 3 free games next month?

candybrand
Guppy
Guppy
171 Posts

[Post New]by candybrand on May 21, 11 8:29 PM
thanks fishies, don't know if i will use my credit for this one, can't stand short games, a waste of my time and money, if i buy a game i would at least like to play for 3 to 4 hours, guess i'll wait for the next one, wonder how notre dame - secrets of paris is going to be, guess i'll read up on that one, got 2 more games to buy to finish my punch card for the month, by the way my understanding from BF is that they are going to give us a free game for each CE that we buy? anybody know, i have brought 3 CE"s this month, will i get 3 free games next month?

admiral1133
Minnow
Minnow
228 Posts

[Post New]by admiral1133 on May 21, 11 9:33 PM
I must have completec half of this game in the free trial. After purchasing game, I only played about one half hour and it was over before I knew it. To short of game for the money and not very challenging. Don't purchase if you want to play for a long time, it will be over before you know it. Waste of money.

admiral1133
Minnow
Minnow
228 Posts

[Post New]by admiral1133 on May 21, 11 9:33 PM
I must have completec half of this game in the free trial. After purchasing game, I only played about one half hour and it was over before I knew it. To short of game for the money and not very challenging. Don't purchase if you want to play for a long time, it will be over before you know it. Waste of money.

admiral1133
Minnow
Minnow
228 Posts

[Post New]by admiral1133 on May 21, 11 9:34 PM

phoenix64
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by phoenix64 on May 22, 11 5:58 AM
The graphics are very good, **** very easy too. Not enough puzzles either and its a very short game, not challenging at all but passes an hour or two.

scarletgunn
Herring
Herring
390 Posts

[Post New]by scarletgunn on May 22, 11 9:35 AM
i only played about a half hour of the demo and i liked it- so i appreciate the reviews warning it's a short game.

this seems like a good casual game- a lighter version good for when you don't have time for a long in depth game. the magnifying glass is really neat, the object grabbers are cute and the spinning tray is nice. i appreciate creative stuff like that. it is a linear type game but some people like that.

i've purchased a lot of games this month so i will probably decide if i want to buy when June's punchcard credits roll around- this game just isn't great enough to be a priority, sorry to say. i really want to buy Snark 2 with my credit this month.

anyhoo- I don't mind the missing grampa theme so much and enjoyed the brighter cheerier look to this game, probably because the weather here is so bad in RL. :p

[Post New]by lindajoanne2003 on May 22, 11 9:46 AM
:really liked this game pity you didnt get the full hour but after looking at other reviews dont think I will buy as it is too short you have to be quite alert and notice numbers everywhere as they become relevant, hidden objects not to hard to find liked mini games throughout a bit too hard for new gamers but not probably hard enough for the die hard gamers

EPRN
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
3 Posts

[Post New]by EPRN on May 22, 11 10:05 AM
The demo was short, but fun and interested me enough to buy the game. Only 15 minutes of play and the game was over. Too short. Disappointing and makes me feel conned.

Go to: