MoreOver
Clownfish
Clownfish
853 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Escape from Thunder Island.

[Post New]by MoreOver on Jun 8, 11 10:43 AM
I love this game! Thank you Big Finish for a delightful, snarky, fun game. The monkey is hilarious, the puzzles are solvable, and the story moves along at a nice pace. I can't complain about the graphics. I did find some objects difficult to find but that was because they were well hidden which one should expect in a HOG. Right?

Bink_In_AK
Minnow
Minnow
237 Posts

[Post New]by Bink_In_AK on Jun 10, 11 6:54 AM
Bought. The game play, graphics etc. is enjoyable but you have to ignore the lame, inane cut-scenes.

Marbles? A monkey with an eye patch?

The excellent thing is; at least you can skip the cut-scenes.

[Post New]by purplehatlady on Jun 11, 11 4:15 AM
Having a really bad pain day and feeling very down, so I dived into the pond for a bit of comfort and lo and behold saw goofyduck and jojo's great and happy reviews of this game. It won't make the pain go away but feeling immensely cheered up, (thanks fishy people) I shall now purchase this happy sounding game and loose myself in gameland.

Thanks once again purplehatlady

honeyg412
Clownfish
Clownfish
985 Posts

[Post New]by honeyg412 on Jun 19, 11 4:44 AM
This was one of those games I couldn't wait to play. It wasn't a "bad" game but it certainly wasn't worth the wait for me. Maybe my expectations were too high but I was disappointed during and after the play. For those who loved it I say "GREAT".
Happy Gaming fellow fishies.

[Post New]by quarlesqueen on Jun 22, 11 4:53 PM
NEVER...judge a book by it's cover, so GLAD I finally tried this game, like others have said, I wasn't expecting much when I first started playing it, but WOW it turned into a FUN, very challenging at times, GREAT game .
Loved the humor, although corny sometimes, it still gave me a few LOL's, and I just loved Marbles, poor monkey, for always saving the day, he didn't get much credit..lol!!
Putting those crystals in the correct order, red, blue, pink, green and yellow, really worked those brain cells, that entire level I found to be a challenge, but really felt a sense of acomplishment, when I finally got through it.
This wasn't one of those games, that I breeze through, I had to put my thinking cap on, it took me forever to realize that I had to move the heads on the totem pole, just an example, and I played this game from start to finish, in one sitting.
And than I wonder why I can't move afterwards, but this was SO addicting, that I had to keep playing, nothing that a hot shower won't cure to ease those stiff muscles ..lol.
I have had so much going on that I lost track of which games I have tried, and which ones I haven't so I went to games you will love on the BF site, and picked this one out to try, so HAPPY I did, thanks BF, you hit the nail right on the head with this one.
PLEASE try this if you haven't, you might be VERY surprised and really enjoy it, like I did !!
CAN'T WAIT for the sequal, the bonus scene tells you where its going to be, Soooo looking forward to it, will be a purchase for SURE .
One small tiny nit-pick, to improve the next game, I always had to click twice on the object I wanted to use out of my inventory, before it would take, so please fix this issue, when making the sequal..THANKS .

MsWatts
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

Sometimes ...

[Post New]by MsWatts on Jul 4, 11 12:38 AM
Poutoule wrote:
grannyq wrote:goofyduck: You are amazing! That was a great review.

You're very right about that ! Jojo isn't bad either ! So nothing more to add, played 20 minutes and most probably a buy as I have 2 more pc credits to spend. Good graphics, a bit humourous, can't turn the sound on as my computer has decided to go on strike. Hope this post appears before tomorrow, it's getting slower and slower to post.

The best reviews for me are 5 liners that get to the point and move on. It's far too laborious to read a narrative of nearly every single move in a game. HOWEVER, after reading one of those reviews for a minute or 4, I come across very important comments :0)

[Post New]by Nascarfango88 on Oct 15, 11 2:55 PM
I am just starting episode 5 where I need to move the green gems to the left and the red gems to the right. I did something wrong now the whole circle is screwed up and it won't let me re-start or skip. HELP

Edited on 10/15/2011 at 2:59:46 PM PST

[Post New]by Cuddlefish on Oct 15, 11 3:36 PM
Nascarfango88 - Have you tried backing out of the puzzle and then going back in? And/or consult the walkthrough and move the gems to the final position as shown in the walkthrough. Its been a while, but I remember I had trouble with the puzzle as a puzzle and had to wander off, think, come back, consult the walkthrough and move things around again. Hope this helps. I loved the game.

enigma5619
Minnow
Minnow
244 Posts

[Post New]by enigma5619 on Dec 8, 11 12:31 PM
one of the hardest games i have ever played on BFGs..
no directions to puzzles and very little on game play
it is a great game for those who have some patience and LOVE mystery
i really liked this game
funny humor
fair graphics for puzzles
NO SKIPPING PUZZLES EVER
slow segue ways
but still i liked and finished it

Shastanna
Lobster
Lobster
97 Posts

[Post New]by Shastanna on Jan 2, 12 5:27 PM
It was cute, funny, and deceptively difficult!

technocratee
Guppy
Guppy
118 Posts

Love - Hate

[Post New]by technocratee on Apr 9, 12 4:42 AM
I loved and hated this game, nice graphics, fun funny story, but I constantly had to consult the walkthrough, the hints were not very good and took too long. Still it's an entertaining game.

silkywings
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,043 Posts

[Post New]by silkywings on Apr 16, 12 6:37 PM
I really like this game and look forward to playing it again some day. I did have to use the walkthrough now and then but for one puzzle I used **** as it spelled it out so much easier than BF walkthrough.

Great game, cute little critters and clever puzzles. One of my favorites for sure!
Thanks BF...

Paul4455
Starfish
Starfish
55 Posts

[Post New]by Paul4455 on Jun 21, 12 9:14 AM
TeamSD wrote:Tried it and deleted it. Played for about 20 mins and don't like it, the graphics aren't so good and gameplay is confusing. Objects are hard too find, bad game - no buy fir me.

I bought sight unseen. wished I wouldn't have. Game was kiddish. Stupid. Had no skip whatsoever. Hard at times I was 90% through the game before i had to visit the walkthrough. Hard to see. Graphics sucked. color was rotten. Characters were too cartoon like.

Paul4455
Starfish
Starfish
55 Posts

[Post New]by Paul4455 on Jun 21, 12 9:26 AM
Lots of good reviews but I hated this game. Not many games I hate. This game would turn on the 6-12 years olds. I couldn't wait til I finished and stuck this game into my do not use file. Story sucked. Graphics sucked. No skips. Walkthrough sucked. Nothing good about this game.

[Post New]by toddy0413 on Sep 23, 12 12:29 PM
jojo_the_joyful wrote:Good morning Fishes and what a great start to a day with this very fine game.

I have played 58 mins of the demo & it is a buy.

Well the read up promises us a kidnapped father , terrifying creatures, jungle killers and flesh eating monsters and incredible action. I downloaded expecting to feel disappointed, but I wasn't.

The options offer the usual and a mute all option and a cut scene volume option, but believe me, you don't want to miss those.

The into and cut scenes are very reminiscent of "The Wild Thornberry's" and if you love that series you will love this.

The heroine is a hapless explorer who is helped out by the cutest one eye monkey ever, Marbles.

You have gold coins to collect throughout.

There are sparkles to indicate object sceens, but I wasn't put off by them & the curser will change to an eye, hand, etc when needed.

You have a very impressive inventory including a crowbar, a machete and a catapult & you may be given a nudge like " Hmm i need to get through this very thick grass".

The H O scenes were quite difficult for me. Some objects were small, some a bit fuzzy & most very well blended. That would have put this on the maybe list, but other merits of this game have made it a must.

The hint button fills up quickly and c an be used both in & out of H O scenes.

There is a map that shows you where you are and what locations have things to do in etc, reminds you of your current objective and how many coins you have.

The puzzles so far have been fairly simple but pleasant.

I was 5 mins into Ch 2 after 58 mins but I am not a fast player. The map indicates that there is a decent length to this game.

As for the terrifying creatures, monsters etc well LOL see for your self, if The Wild Thornberry's scares you then this will.

There are spiders & snakes but not very prominent & they were some of the "fuzzier" objects I found hard.

Over click causes the curser to pivot on its point.

This game is by Big Finish Games, the same makers of the 3 cards series, but this one is definitely up beat.

I hope you enjoy as much as I.

Jojo

The story and the dialogue are hilarious.

[Post New]by toddy0413 on Sep 23, 12 12:35 PM
Hi
I enjoyed this game; it was a "freebie" with ads and I may buy it just to get rid of the ads.
I am new at this and I see that these comments are from a few months ago, BUT if anyone can help me, I only have 4 bundles of dynomite and I think I need 5..I have back tracked and cannot find my isstep.
I am deaf so the music does not bother me but it took awhile with the puzzles because they were not really clear. I love the sarcastic / silly remarks..jungle is not safe for monkeys!!
njoy. Hope I did this right

DeadRiver
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
17,688 Posts

[Post New]by DeadRiver on Sep 25, 12 3:05 AM
Interesting

Go to: