angelfish106
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,378 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Dream Inn: Driftwood

[Post New]by angelfish106 on May 31, 11 7:33 AM
Played it all the way through; my hotel which I named Riverside (for obvious reasons) looks stunning, my garden is positively blooming, my guest house is ready and my limo is parked outside! All my rooms are rented out and I now own a villa somewhere but I've forgotten exactly where!

Loved this one pretty much straight away. Obvious comparisons with Gardenscapes, although that was just straightforward item searches for money to decorate. This differs in that you replace missing items, as well as 'same item' searches. I'm in the UK and the woman's voice sounded authentic to me; not irritating but perhaps a bit too chatty here and there. If you disable the tutorial she talks less.

All the themed rooms were a pleasure to explore; I was determined not to use hints as this bumps up your money total and found everything, including the majority of the coins. I did play in casual mode though; I'm about to try the timer to see if I can beat it.

I would have bought this very pretty and enjoyable game even without the 'nine year' sale. Thanks devs and BFG!

Kamali
Guppy
Guppy
173 Posts

[Post New]by Kamali on May 31, 11 2:01 PM
angelfish106 wrote:Played it all the way through; my hotel which I named Riverside

Me too. I called mine 'Paradise'.

I totally enjoyed this game, the graphics are lovely, and very clear, and although the woman's voice annoyed me at first calling me 'dear' and 'love', I found after a while it didn't really bother me (I clicked through the talking mostly in the later stages of the game)..

it is well worth the usual price imo, though I only paid $4.99 for it as I bought it in the birthday sale.

Edited on 05/31/2011 at 2:02:02 PM PST

[Post New]by jasp1234 on May 31, 11 4:35 PM
Liked the game. Graphics good to a point. I agree with others some tiny objects some bigger. Was a little disappointed at the end when the other locks didn't open. I was looking forward to building a guest house and doing different things. Glad I didn't spend real money on this.

honeyg412
Clownfish
Clownfish
985 Posts

[Post New]by honeyg412 on Jun 1, 11 5:47 AM
jasp1234 wrote:Liked the game. Graphics good to a point. I agree with others some tiny objects some bigger. Was a little disappointed at the end when the other locks didn't open. I was looking forward to building a guest house and doing different things. Glad I didn't spend real money on this.

Hey jasp - I don't know what happened to your game but I played it to the end and all the locks open including the big lock which gives you a prize for your hard work. You should have also been able to build the guest house and decorate the outside of it. Sounds like a tech problem with your game. Anyway, I LOVED, LOVED, LOVED this game and can't wait for the sequel.

Happy gaming fellow fishies

qpr1
Clownfish
Clownfish
733 Posts

[Post New]by qpr1 on Jun 1, 11 6:43 AM
NICE GAME, good, clear, bright graphics. i personally had no problems finding the H.O. what i found hard to find were the magnifying glasses

joyce2121
Manatee
Manatee
4,490 Posts

[Post New]by joyce2121 on Jun 1, 11 9:51 AM
My Inn, which is now called "Oceanview" is complete, and with
a beautiful matching guesthouse Sorry, I have to run; my limo is
waiting to whisk me off to Tuscany.

Cute game, relaxing, meant to be savored. Although some
items are really tiny, hints are numberous and easy to come
by. Three styles of play in each room: replace objects in
correct spot; find objects; and gather same objects for a
collection. Exciting? No, but charming and I got to decorate
the Inn for three different seasons.

Would love a sequel maybe with a mountain setting.

Neracher
Starfish
Starfish
43 Posts

[Post New]by Neracher on Jun 1, 11 7:43 PM
I loved this game! I thought it was a lot of fun. I kept the sound off and it was nice to play a hidden object game that wasn't dark and dreary. (Although I don't mind those either). The end is cool. I hope there is a sequel...

[Post New]by martydarlin on Jun 2, 11 5:23 AM
Ok, I am new to "gaming" dont know "HOG" ? Played this sweet game and liked it ,nice to have something light not dark,had a few kinks but no worry moved right along just fun not much thinking needed.Will play it again,nice to have some new friends , so hi little fishes.....

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Jun 2, 11 7:05 AM
martydarlin wrote:Ok, I am new to "gaming" dont know "HOG" ? Played this sweet game and liked it ,nice to have something light not dark,had a few kinks but no worry moved right along just fun not much thinking needed.Will play it again,nice to have some new friends , so hi little fishes.....

Hello Marty and welcome to the Pond.

HOG is short for: Hidden Object Games

If you get stuck again, here is the link to the thread where you can find common abbreviations:

http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/87335.page#1606784

Happy gaming!

[Post New]by Marinersfan04 on Jun 2, 11 12:34 PM
Really enjoying this relaxing game! I'm about halfway through but thought I'd add my voice as one who also likes it. I love the setting next to the water, beautiful graphics, the H0 scenes are very well done. The proprietor is definitely odd, though, can't tell if she's supposed to be an older or younger lady. The curser is rather clunky, even with custom curser turned off.

I hope the devs will do a sequel.

[Post New]by lefteyeshut on Jun 2, 11 2:11 PM
I absolutely enjoyed this game it was worth the money

Sherry__Rose
Minnow
Minnow
233 Posts

[Post New]by Sherry__Rose on Jun 3, 11 5:25 PM
Fantastic Game!

I am really loving this game! It's like Gardenscapes but even better IMHO. I am not yet finished, as I'm trying to make it last as along as possible. It's extremely relaxing and cheery. The artwork is spectacular with none of the usual cobwebs, creepy stuff, etc. I love buying and choosing the renovations to the exterior of the inn. My only regret is that there is no wallpaper nor screensaver. I'd love to see a sequel, perhaps a collector's edition, with more of the same and some extras.

[Post New]by golala on Jun 5, 11 12:49 AM
I loved the game

and I'm in total love with the British accent, so the woman's voice didn't annoy me at all

the only thing I didn't like is that the game finished so quickly!!

budordee
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by budordee on Jun 5, 11 1:44 AM
No thank you! Found this one very irritating. Seems like all it did was download, download, download everytime I turned around. Too much talking. Items kept flashing and there just seemed general confusion to me.

[Post New]by RetroDude on Jun 5, 11 2:06 AM
I couldn't possibly rate this as i can't find the play button.
You really do sem to have your work cut out boys

amgela
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by amgela on Jun 6, 11 12:29 AM
I really loved this game !!!!! It was a lot of fun. Fresh airy scenes, beautiful objects, easy hints, liked getting to choose the renovations. Wish it was longer. Need more of this kind, sick to death of all the bloody vampires and dark, terrifying plots. Love a good murder mystery, but some of those are sooo DARK !!!!

ibnurdreamz
Squid
Squid
61 Posts

[Post New]by ibnurdreamz on Jun 7, 11 3:48 PM
need a strong cup of joe to play this, it will bore you to sleep. Was a waste and deleted it a few into it.

Ceorl
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by Ceorl on Jun 13, 11 5:54 AM
I played this one straight through. After all the dark collector's editions I found this game a delight with plenty of objects to place and find.
There is money to be found and used to upgrade and create your own Seaside Inn.
Although some of the objects - not many - are somewhat small, there are party poppers, magnets and even a cat that when shooed away causes all the hidden objects to vibrate.
After playing mainly collector's edition games this game reminded of how simple a hidden object game can be without the need to solve difficult puzzles needed to reach a next level in CE's and yet in itself be just as difficult to search and place objects. I played in timed mode but this game is problably better played in casual mode as there is not much difference except for having to replay a scene if you fail.

sandyca
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
450 Posts

[Post New]by sandyca on Jun 24, 11 11:18 AM
I loved this game as well, it's always fun to be able to decorate the way you like and to have a few options to choose from.

The graphics/scenery are beautiful, lots of hints hanging around to help you if you needed it, just loved the game play. At times the game ran a bit slow but I just hit my windows key, go online then off and back into my game with no problem, it always seems to work for me.

I agree it got a bit irritating when you went to decorate your yard and the lady wouldn't go away, you had to hit skip like 3 times to get her to leave you alone, and tutorials should always be an option to skip out of in my opinion. Overall I LOVED this game. Loved it! Many thank-u's.

[Post New]by AnnieNow on Jun 27, 11 1:24 PM
I have over 20 thousand coins and the game is not offering any more updates- or padlocks. The last padlock it offered was to paint the guess house. It instead just keeps going on with the same items in each room. Is this a glitch in the game?

Go to: