bfgHondo
Manatee
Manatee
3,712 Posts

Re:Post any Tearstone technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgHondo on Jun 1, 11 2:03 PM
Hey fishies!

Just in case you didn't see my earlier post, we are working on getting a fix for the issue with the clock hands that some of you have been experiencing. If we do get this fix, we'll be sure to make an announcement in the forums to let everybody know.

In the meantime, there does appear to be a workaround to this issue, and that's to start a new profile. When you get to the clock scene with this new profile, please make sure to use the clock hands to set the time all in one go. Do not leave the scene before setting the time. (You may want to write down the time before entering the scene.)

If you continue having troubles, I'd encourage you to get in touch with our Technical Support team. (you can click on this link for more info)

Hope this helps!

-bfgHondo

graphics

[Post New]by ed53speere on Jun 1, 11 6:17 PM
I have a few games ive bought here and "tearstone is the only game that comes up with this graphic's error. Is there something special about this game than say "Nightfall Mysteries" or "The agency of anomalies" ? Same requirments as far as graphics card i'd imagine! Can anyone suggest a remedy, soon!!!

Edited on 06/01/2011 at 6:18:09 PM PST

[Post New]by LATTAMUNEY on Jun 1, 11 6:18 PM
I have made it to the elevator puzzle - and pieces are missing - cannot skip it - or start over - can't go any further?? anyone have this problem?

[Post New]by BabblingB on Jun 1, 11 6:38 PM
misty5 wrote:I hit a glitch in chapter four -- can't complete the "power supply" puzzle needed to power the elevator. After working on it for a while, the pieces I had placed on the board froze into position so couldn't be moved around anymore to try different configurations and the remaining pieces didn't fit in the spaces that still needed to be filled. So I hit the "skip" button thinking that would solve it for me, but it just made all those unused pieces disappear, leaving empty spaces still on the board. And the elevator still won't work. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling, but that brought me back to the hinky puzzle exactly as I'd left it so I guess I'm stuck. Too bad, because I was enjoying it. Oh, well -- there are other things to do on holiday. Have a good one!

I am having the exact same problem. This is a great game and a new concept which I am enjoying, but boy people seem to be having trouble.

Robilyn
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,962 Posts

[Post New]by Robilyn on Jun 1, 11 9:22 PM
I didn't leave the scene for 15 minutes, after I set the time. It took me forever to find the O. When I did leave I used a hint, and it said there was nothing more to do there right now. So the work around will not fix the problem. The developers will have to do that. I bought this game, and I can't play it, that is a real bummer.

bonnie112345
Squid
Squid
67 Posts

[Post New]by bonnie112345 on Jun 1, 11 9:48 PM
Stuck at the power cord for the elevator. I am really bummed cause this looked like a good puzzle. Hey CS, saw the answers for the clock (not looking forward to that!), what about an answer for us fishies stuck on the power cord? Anything? I am liking this game so it would be a shame to stop playig because of this. Please help us ASAP! I want to continue!!!

molla311
Stingray
Stingray
4,680 Posts

[Post New]by molla311 on Jun 2, 11 6:44 AM
I am in chapter seven and can not go up the stairs to the left where the quin tell me to go. I get no direction arrow that way as shown it the strategy guide. Anyone experience the same?

[Post New]by acecyberwitch on Jun 2, 11 6:58 AM
Very strange! I've restarted my lappy. Does anyone know if uninstalling and reinstalling the game works?

hi poppy85

sadly no it makes no diffrence i have tried all kinds but no luck hope they sort it soon and its worth the waite in the end

[Post New]by acecyberwitch on Jun 2, 11 7:02 AM
bfgHondo wrote:Hey fishies!

Just in case you didn't see my earlier post, we are working on getting a fix for the issue with the clock hands that some of you have been experiencing. If we do get this fix, we'll be sure to make an announcement in the forums to let everybody know.

hi will there be a fix for the freezing and other issues

thanks

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Jun 2, 11 7:13 AM
molla311 wrote:I am in chapter seven and can not go up the stairs to the left where the quin tell me to go. I get no direction arrow that way as shown it the strategy guide. Anyone experience the same?
That's on a trigger. Is the parrot phone working? Have you dialled the number?

molla311
Stingray
Stingray
4,680 Posts

[Post New]by molla311 on Jun 2, 11 7:19 AM
Was'nt that in an earlier chapter Mr. Russ? With the gard? I take all the help I can get lol
Thank you for replying to my post

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Jun 2, 11 7:24 AM
Hi, molla. There's obviously more than one set of steps going up to the left.
I don't think this is a bug. Would you please start a new discussion in the main forum?

molla311
Stingray
Stingray
4,680 Posts

[Post New]by molla311 on Jun 2, 11 7:25 AM
Thanks I am off at once

[Post New]by kssimmons47 on Jun 2, 11 7:37 AM
I have been trying off and on for three days to get the steel brush to clean the monument..with no luck. I have restarted my computer. Do not know what else to do. I would like to finish the last chapter. Thanks

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Jun 2, 11 7:39 AM
The steel brush won't clean the monument until there is something to clean.
If you have put the knives in their slots in the well, at least one is misplaced.

Queen portrait not opening solution

[Post New]by AustinFlame on Jun 2, 11 10:59 AM
Hello,

After countless tries, I de-selected the full screen option, returned to the game, entered the queen's room, pulled the lever, and THIS TIME I heard the portrait open. Went to that room and sure enough, the portrait dropped down and allowed me to retrieve the object and continue. Other than that, great game, no probs running Vista on laptop. Enjoy!

tophen
Minnow
Minnow
214 Posts

[Post New]by tophen on Jun 2, 11 12:51 PM
my clock hands disapear after i got off and came back

[Post New]by ninwin on Jun 2, 11 3:54 PM
I have collected all the knives. There are only 3 normal ones and one gold one. What happened to the other knife? I have gone back over the entire chapter and there is no 4th knife. Am I doing something wrong?

bfgHondo
Manatee
Manatee
3,712 Posts

[Post New]by bfgHondo on Jun 2, 11 3:59 PM
Hey fishies!

We have a new version of Tearstone available now! This new version of the game fixes the following:

-disappearing clock hands
-power supply puzzle (elevator)
-mini-game in the blind musician's house

We apologize greatly for the trouble. You can get the newest version by uninstalling and reinstalling your game. Here's a link to our help article:

Uninstall / Reinstall a Game

If you haven't purchased the game yet, find the game and reinstall the trial version (when available) to play any remaining minutes.

Also, I'm going to lock this thread up so that we can start monitoring tech issues specific to the new build. If you have any unresolved issues, please feel free to post them in the new tech thread.

Hope this helps!

-bfgHondo

Edited on 06/02/2011 at 4:01:49 PM PST

Go to: