Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Dracula: Love Kills Collector's Edition

[Post New]by smartvalerie on Jun 20, 11 3:49 PM
The other night after reading the comments I wondered if it was a good idea to buy the CE. after sleeping on it, I went ahead & bought it. Great game, loved all of it. Good graphics, voice of Dracula is very good & I could listen to him more often. Looking forward to the next one. Well done bg.

Chaikhe
Seahorse
Seahorse
30 Posts

[Post New]by Chaikhe on Jun 23, 11 3:08 AM
I would have bought this game just for the music!!! This is absolutely the best game I've played in years - witness the fact that I played it through three times in succession. The 'extra gameplay' is completely worth the extra credit or money.

This is what a Hidden Object game should be! Exquisite storyline, excellent graphics and instructions, great interaction, perfect length. Nothing like its prequel (Dracula Origin: not a hidden object game) and it doesn't need the prequel to make sense. Gamewriters - write them like this!

OzzyRobyn
Minnow
Minnow
254 Posts

[Post New]by OzzyRobyn on Jun 23, 11 12:17 PM
[quote
The arrow didn't hit the crucifix, it somehow slid it down a rope and out of the way.
No crosses were harmed in the making of this game.

Love it!

OzzyRobyn
Minnow
Minnow
254 Posts

[Post New]by OzzyRobyn on Jun 23, 11 12:23 PM
gamergirl675 wrote:Ok speaking of the voice overs... some of the pronunciation cracked me up sooo much!! I think the best was "scepter" pronounced with the hard K sound. OMG I laughed so hard at that. Was that intentional or was the actor just not very bright?

Or maybe the actor was from another country and reading a foreign language? Or trying to sound like someone who was from a non-English-speaking country? In fact, the "c" used to be pronounced in English. We have become lazier in our pronunciations and no longer pronounce many letters that are still in words, for example the "gh" sound at the end of many words, or the "k" in knife" or "knight". "Knight" used to be pronounced "k-nich-t", with the "ch" being sounded in the throat as in German. IMO it's not very bright to assume others are not very bright.....

OzzyRobyn
Minnow
Minnow
254 Posts

[Post New]by OzzyRobyn on Jun 24, 11 12:09 PM

Three out of five.

It's basically a HOG with some walking around thrown in, and some choices on whether to be nasty or nice which have later consequences. I haven't finished so I don't know what the bonus is like, but so far it's so-so. It's mainly for lovers of HOGs: if you prefer adventures you'll probably be disappointed.

It does tell you when an area is complete, which is good I guess. So far the minigames have mostly been variations of rotation puzzles which I find somewhat boring. The voices aren't bad, the music is mutable.

Overall, it's OK, it could have been worse but it could have been better.

jjj13
Squid
Squid
68 Posts

[Post New]by jjj13 on Jun 25, 11 9:23 AM
Excellent game. A good length and useful map too. Not too easy. Puzzles good. Well worth buying the CE.

PB2010
Guppy
Guppy
135 Posts

[Post New]by PB2010 on Jun 25, 11 12:03 PM
For me, an okay game. I liked the viles of blood aspect and the powers that you accumulate through the game: that made it a bit different.

However, unusually for our household, it was ten days before we started and finished it. And to be honest, we've not bothered with the bonus material, because by the time we'd finished it, we were fed up with it. We only finished it whilst we waited for another game to download!

The reason for this is that each chapter was clear and concise. Once you were done with an area, it comes up with 'location complete', and then once you'd done with the chapter, you moved on to the next. So, it wasn't as adventure as I prefer in a game, and thus I felt it lacked a certain amount of challenge that I enjoy.

That said, I did like the storyline - it was gripping, and I normally skip through any dialogue!

Other pluses included good graphics and a bit of humour. The map was good.

However, I feel this game is great for those new to this genre/hobby, but not so good for those with a fair bit of experience.

If I could turn back time, I wouldn't have bought this as a CE, and I probably wouldn't buy it as an SE unless there was a dearth of HOG games around. That said, it isn't a bad game, it's just not a game that wows me.

[Post New]by auntchris27 on Jun 26, 11 11:41 AM
I JUST FINISHED THE GAME AND I LOVED IT, UNFORTUNATELY SO DID MY 9YO NEPHEW WHO PRACTICALLY SAT ON MY LAP WHEN I PLAYED AROUND HIM. I DIDN'T TRY IT FIRST, BECAUSE THEY TAKE TOO LONG TO LOAD(OR IS THAT MY 6MO COMPUTER, HOPE NOT). I HAVE CITY OF FOG, SHADOW WOLF , HIDDEN IN TIME, ALOT! THEY WERE ALSO GREAT, BUT EMMA /INVENTOR SUCKS!!! SAVE YOURSELF $ I'M LOOKING FOR A NEW ONE. HOW ARE THE SHERLOCK HOLMES GAMES. LET ME KNOW

Edited on 06/26/2011 at 11:42:31 AM PST

Moontan
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

[Post New]by Moontan on Jun 27, 11 7:35 AM
I have to start out by saying I'm quite biased because I AM a fan of the vampire genre, and I like the game's take on Dracula and Van Helsing. Igor was obviously thrown in for a mix of comic relief and an homage to the older movies, which I can accept gracefully even if he sort of detered from the storyline IMO.

Anyhow, I did play the first game, Origin, which I loved. I also loved this one. The fact that it was HOG instead of a more classic adventure didn't bother me one jot or tittle. In fact, since it was from another PoV, it sort of made sense, in a meta-gaming sort of way. I loved the voices, though I'll have to go back and play Origin again to see if they're the same. While I don't know what a medieval Transylvanian accent tempered by time and experience sounds like...I'm sure most other people don't either, so I can't criticize the voice acting too much.

I loved the plot and the fact that making different choices actually changes the bonus content a little. Sweet! The puzzles come from a wide variety, though some of them are pretty par for the course in this sort of game.

One tiny issue I had was when Van Helsing compared Italian architecture to the British with a sort of snobbery. But...he's not even British! He's from Amsterdam I believe. Oh well.

If one is a fan of vampires, I'd definitley get this. If you don't like vampires, you might still like it, but I won't try to sell you on it.

angelfishp
Catfish
Catfish
1,600 Posts

[Post New]by angelfishp on Jun 27, 11 12:39 PM
I just finished this game in hard mode. I must say that it was quite challenging and some of the puzzles I skipped (the chicken one). I never played Dracula Origin as I do not play LFG, so I can't compare. The music was some of the best I have heard and the graphics were outstanding. The voice overs were not too bad, and Igor just made me laugh. The next time I play, I will play in casual mode and change my decisions. Just my comments.

murphy1923
Squid
Squid
74 Posts

[Post New]by murphy1923 on Jul 1, 11 6:41 PM
Excellent game! Loved the hidden objects, loved the puzzles, enjoyed every minute -the puzzles were unique and challenging. Campy, yes!

bfgHondo
Manatee
Manatee
3,712 Posts

[Post New]by bfgHondo on Jul 6, 11 5:10 PM
Hey fishies!

After reading through some of the posts in this thread, I just wanted to pop in and remind everyone to please keep all of our Forum Rules in mind when posting, particularly this one:

Avoid religious or political topics. The forums are a friendly place for everyone, and these topics often lead to angry posts and hurt feelings. Posts on these topics will be locked or removed.

Please feel free to PM a moderator if you have any questions.

Thanks!

-bfgHondo

Liasmani
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
19,504 Posts

[Post New]by Liasmani on Jul 11, 11 8:20 PM
Game Ratings:

Graphics – 5 stars
Story – 3.5 stars
Music/Sounds – 3 stars
Gameplay – 3.5 stars
Overall – 3.75 stars

My ratings of games can be high as 5 and can be low as 1.

Ratings Explained:

1 star: Poor
2 stars: Okay
3 stars: Good
4 stars: Great
5 stars: Excellent

I won’t be purchasing this game at all, even if it comes out as SE. For those who did – Happy Gaming!

[Post New]by WolfenRaindancer on Jul 12, 11 12:25 AM
I started this one when it was released, and didn't have a chance to finish it...lol, been playing all evening, with a few breaks...had to catch Design Star... and I am really liking this one. Music, voices, and game play are all up to par. Anyone else notice how some games just keep you going on, whereas others make ya feel alone, and like you can walk away at any time, and come back and pick it up? I did finish the Timeless CE, and that was kinda one of them. I played, and finished it but had that feeling the entire time. This one makes me want to keep going, even though my eye bags are dragging my face down as I am really tired...guess I won't get much accomplished tomorrow, but hey, there is always another day. Good game, devs, and I, too, can't wait to see what you come up with next.

[Post New]by Leila_Mills on Jul 18, 11 1:54 AM
I used to dislike things about vamplires as I turned to be a grown up, but yes, as a child I adore the vampire idea and things connected to vampires.
what a surprise I had, when I finally bought this very game!
I liked every part of it, 'cept there were too many dialogues and that was not so interesting to listen to every of them, but the whole idea is more than great!

goddess280653
Guppy
Guppy
141 Posts

[Post New]by goddess280653 on Jul 19, 11 6:44 PM
Played part of this game while staying @ my sisters who introduced me to BFG and has purchased it. Disappointing !! Way too many dark hidden object scenes, way too much dialogue and so much running around it ruins the continuity of the game - not worth CE price. Sorry

Edited on 07/19/2011 at 6:46:56 PM PST

Bpup
Manatee
Manatee
3,891 Posts

[Post New]by Bpup on Jul 20, 11 6:42 PM
I have to say, I think this is my new favorite game in the Adventure/HOG category. This is the first one that I've played that I can actually see myself playing over to try to get the additional achievements. Heck, if I were Mina, I'd want to be with Dracula if he looked like that. Games with eye candy are always good things.

Reminds me of back in the day when I saw the much younger Frank Langella play Dracula on Broadway. Oh, my my - sex on a stick.

CoolGrammy1
Minnow
Minnow
257 Posts

[Post New]by CoolGrammy1 on Aug 16, 11 7:43 AM
Another game that is too dark to see anything....not a buy for me in either CE or SE.

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Aug 16, 11 7:51 AM
CoolGrammy1 wrote:Another game that is too dark to see anything....not a buy for me in either CE or SE.
You should be able to increase the gamma in options.

[Post New]by Blooming_Lilac on Aug 29, 11 10:28 PM
I don't care for this game at all.

The main reason I bought it is because someone said it was a lot like Sherlock Holmes and the Hound of the Baskervilles. I can see what the player was referring to. However, after playing the demo, it wasn't long before I turned the voice volume completely down. Dracula's accent is absolutely pathetic and Igor's voice is like nails on a chalk board.

I hate that Igor is constantly moving to my right as I'm playing and the story is very boring. The game has too many H0 scenes for my taste. With everything shrouded in red, it's hard to see anything very well. I find myself rushing through this game so I can finish and delete it.

The music is very nice and the graphics of the different locations are very well done. This game just isn't what I thought it would be.

Go to: