SeaBamboo
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,158 Posts

Re:Chit Chat, Rants and Other Chaos!

[Post New]by SeaBamboo on Jun 15, 11 11:36 AM
vadasgirl5 wrote:
shadowfax44 wrote:I do not believe that this is BFG's fault fellow fishies... I watch other sites on line and the IHOGs are just not releasing now. There has been a flood of M3 and TMs for days.... The games will come but BFG cannot offer us games that haven't been released yet... This kind of happens in cycles. Remember last fall? It was just like this for over a month!! I am hoping that this doesn't last as long...

ETA: Thanks Kel!!

Thanks Shadowfax for posting this... I agree completely! I and think they are doing a great job. You couldn't ask for better customer service and the fact we get free trials of games or even a trial for that matter..I too miss a good IHOG but there are other games to be offered.. We can't blame IMHO of course..

Thanks Cherb for making me laugh as soon as I opened the thread. Love all your great artwork. I now know what you are doing while waiting for a H0G I also love this thread. I look for it every day.... thanks fellow fish for being there..

I get that only TMs & M3s are being released but where are the SEs to the CEs that have been brought out - at least an SE of a good CE game would give me something to play.

(Happy for the TMers & M3ers but oh misery me)

bootsky
Stingray
Stingray
5,333 Posts

[Post New]by bootsky on Jun 15, 11 11:39 AM
elldee2728 wrote:Hey Cherb--Wondrous artwork once again! Yesterday, loos and a beer keg on the bus; today, a Kon-Tiki raft and cookies! Hope I'm not too late to embark on the "Cruise 'Til Tomorrow"! I brought along my own compass and sextant (in case we need to know where we're going! )!

Hey Shadowfax--Did you get this thread started later than usual? I checked in about 30-45 minutes after the "magic time," and I didn't see it. Oh well. Suggestion for our next transportation--with Cherb's style and your direction, how about a submarine? We could navigate through TM and M-3 waters undetected until we reach safe harbor on HOG Island! Whaddya think?

I agree wholeheartedly with elldee here The only thing is with it being CE Thursday tomorrow we shouldn't need ANY transportation anywhere BUT....who knows???
@cherb...do you figure the pictures out on paper first or is it freeflow? Absolutely mind blowing ..Thanks, Boots

bootsky
Stingray
Stingray
5,333 Posts

[Post New]by bootsky on Jun 15, 11 11:42 AM
dootney wrote:Awwwwwwwwwww Shucks

WTG dootney & Welcome to our little corner of the pond
boots

ETA: Just played the demo of ROYAL ENVOY what a hoot!!!
The little people JUST get sooooo excited there's fireworks etc. Definite buy for ME! GREAT BIG THANK YOU to whoever suggested it to Kelvarda 'cos she suggested it to me. Nothing like any TM I've ever played b4.
boots

Edited on 06/15/2011 at 12:29:16 PM PST

bella81762
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
24,424 Posts

[Post New]by bella81762 on Jun 15, 11 12:37 PM
bootsky wrote:
dootney wrote:Awwwwwwwwwww Shucks

WTG dootney & Welcome to our little corner of the pond
boots

ETA: Just played the demo of ROYAL ENVOY what a hoot!!!
The little people JUST get sooooo excited there's fireworks etc. Definite buy for ME! GREAT BIG THANK YOU to whoever suggested it to Kelvarda 'cos she suggested it to me. Nothing like any TM I've ever played b4.
boots

thats cause to me they are not tm,s....but building games, and there are quite a few just as good, pm me if you want a list of simular games, but RE will keep you busy for quite a while

Poutoule
Archerfish
Archerfish
41,630 Posts

[Post New]by Poutoule on Jun 15, 11 2:47 PM
Kelvarda wrote:
Poutoule wrote:Much for must... I swear I didn't drink, I've just eaten Cherb's cookies, what was in them ?

You can always go in and edit your post (if you want to remove mistakes (esp spelling errors!! My computer gives me them all the time!)

Thanks, you teach me at least one thing a day !

Poutoule
Archerfish
Archerfish
41,630 Posts

[Post New]by Poutoule on Jun 15, 11 2:56 PM
peglegann wrote:A lot of you know that we lost our cat Tilly on 12th. May.
Her brother has now stopped eating He is only 14 months old!
My DS is on the way to the vets as I write
Sorry, just wanted to share.......................................................

I'm so sorry to read that, what is DS ? Do you mean the other cat is ill or is it sheer despair from losing her sister ? If so do try to adopt another one straight away, roughly the same age, my cat was in such distress when he lost his adopted mother (he was a tiny kitten, found in a dustbin in Barcelona and decided my cat was his mother) that he stopped eating. We adopted a 6 years old cat (female) and he recovered.

jojo_the_joyful
Salmon
Salmon
2,761 Posts

[Post New]by jojo_the_joyful on Jun 15, 11 3:14 PM
Sorry, just wanted to share.......................................................

Oh ((Hugs to you both))

I hope he will be fine, I am sure of it. He is young & fit & this time of year does send most cats funny. My Sooty used to turn into a skanky mangy looking alley cat each May & he lived to 22 & had as many last suppers pre vets visits.

Please let us know ASAP.

Poutoule,

DS in this case means "Dear Son" or "darling son", same prefix as applied to daughter (DD) hubby (DH) etc.

Poutoule
Archerfish
Archerfish
41,630 Posts

[Post New]by Poutoule on Jun 15, 11 3:21 PM
Thanks Jojo, seems that Kelv isn't my only teacher

dootney
Guppy
Guppy
163 Posts

[Post New]by dootney on Jun 15, 11 3:35 PM
Thanks for the welcome Bootsky and Bella. Ive been plurking around but past couple of days I just had to have a little say about how i felt. Cherub thanks for the drawings, the cookies could make a good Match 3 and thanks for the headsup on the games. It gives me some hope.

RickF
Minnow
Minnow
201 Posts

[Post New]by RickF on Jun 15, 11 3:41 PM
Poutoule wrote:

I'm so sorry to read that, what is DS ? Do you mean the other cat is ill or is it sheer despair from losing her sister ? If so do try to adopt another one straight away, roughly the same age, my cat was in such distress when he lost his adopted mother (he was a tiny kitten, found in a dustbin in Barcelona and decided my cat was his mother) that he stopped eating. We adopted a 6 years old cat (female) and he recovered.

Sorry to hear about the loss of your kitty;
Poutoule is right. Wife has a 17 year old that was not doing very well. She adopted a 3 Y/O cat that they were going to put down because they said it was deaf. you would not believe the change in the old man he now play fights with the little one they take turns chasing one another through the house. (BTW wife said big deal it's deaf now there will be 2 of us that ignore you.)

shadowfax44
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,885 Posts

[Post New]by shadowfax44 on Jun 15, 11 6:07 PM
elldee2728 wrote:...Suggestion for our next transportation--with Cherb's style and your direction, how about a submarine? We could navigate through TM and M-3 waters undetected until we reach safe harbor on HOG Island! Whaddya think?

Hey Elldee!

I am absolutely ready for some stealthy lurking...

@peglegann
- I am sorry about your kitty! I hope all is well with the both of you.

Edited on 06/15/2011 at 6:08:47 PM PST

[Post New]by baglady159 on Jun 15, 11 7:29 PM
dobbiemijnboekje wrote:And where is the DD?

9 days ago I get the last "Your monthly Punch Card email". Last thursday I bought Dracula and still not a new email.
Anyone else???

I got my punch card update on May 27th and I don't have my free game yet either....still waiting

angelfishsb
Minnow
Minnow
258 Posts

[Post New]by angelfishsb on Jun 15, 11 8:13 PM
I just wanted to come out here to see if anyone else is disappointed that there hasn't been any HOG/IHOG for several days. I am really going through withdrawals here. I don't care for M3 or any of the other games offered, I just want my HOG.

Cherb, I have a question for you. Did you use to go to a chat room with people like Buggie, Prayer, and Bee. If so I miss those days and would like to know because one of our companions was Cherb.

peglegann
Stingray
Stingray
5,174 Posts

[Post New]by peglegann on Jun 15, 11 9:47 PM
Sorry for being sad and thank you Poutoule, jojo, RickF and shadowfax for your replies.
I had thought about getting another cat but feel disloyal to Tilly. The vet has confirmed that Timmy is probably missing his sister as he seems to be healthy otherwise. I got up this morning and Timmy was stalking me as usual, as if he was hungary. I duly got his food for him and he went to it and turned away again
If you don't mind I will let you know what happens........
Thanks fishies, you are the best!

Lucy1997
Clownfish
Clownfish
852 Posts

[Post New]by Lucy1997 on Jun 15, 11 10:15 PM
Dear Peglegann, I'm so sorry to hear about your cat Tilly. Don't worry too much about Timmy: he has to grieve too. If he stops eating (which sometimes happens), try some turkey baby food. You'll know when the time is right for you both to get another cat, but it just takes time. Best wishes, Lucy

Catnipper
Starfish
Starfish
49 Posts

[Post New]by Catnipper on Jun 15, 11 10:39 PM

PegLegAnn, I'm so sorry to hear about Tilly. I know how hard it is to lose a pet. Kitties often go through periods of refusing food when they are upset. Just keep an eye on him, but I'm sure he'll start eating again soon. Loss and loneliness are hard for both people and pets. Getting a new kitty is a good suggestion, but wait until you are both ready. I'm praying for you both.

peglegann
Stingray
Stingray
5,174 Posts

[Post New]by peglegann on Jun 15, 11 10:55 PM
Thank you so much again, Lucy1997 and Catnipper.
I am trying not to bring this happy thread down, with my thoughts, so for now all I can say is what a lovely shoal of fish you all are!
As soon as Timmy starts eating again, I will let you know.

[Post New]by bertalynn on Aug 11, 12 8:02 AM
When I'm playing can I switch to untimed when I'm already into the game?

Go to: