sonofstar
Herring
Herring
361 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Golden Trails 2: The Lost Legacy Collector's Edition

[Post New]by sonofstar on Jun 23, 11 7:55 AM
I didn't play the first Golden Trails because I didn't like it. However, I played the demo of this one and liked it so much I bought it and stayed up late to finish playing it. The storyline was interesting. HOS were fairly fun without too many weird objects. For personal reasons, I found the arcade-style shoot the bandits quite satisfying.

The only place it let me down was on the bonus game. I felt like it was rushed to a conclusion that was less fulfilling that that of the game as a whole. Other than that, I found it fun to play.

verigo
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Golden Trails 2: The Lost Legacy Collector's Edition

[Post New]by verigo on Jun 24, 11 8:47 PM
I agree with you about this game. I thought it great, and didn't mind shooting the pirates either, tho normally don't like that kind of arcade stuff in an hidden object game. At least in doing so here you got extra benefits toward the game overall. I think too that most seniors who play hidden object games will totally enjoy this game, as all the scenes good colors without a lot of dark dingy places,and those that are still let you find the hidden object with little dificulty. I wish too that creators of the hidden object games would leave out the spiders and scorpions and snakes! Those thinks are yuk to see at anytime, even in a game! Hope more of this style game comes out in the future, and this one was a good break away from all the dreary and ugly games that have come out recently.

[Post New]by satexasgirl on Jun 25, 11 4:33 PM
Additional Comments Upon Completing the Game: Some folks stated they felt this game was exactly like the first in that it had a the same content that is now considered bonus content. There are some differences though. In addition to the secret mission you have an additional bonus chapter.Also in the last game upon reaching the secret mission there were no clovers to find or bad guys to shoot. That's not the case in either the secret mission or the bonus play. It's possible to collect both clovers and pirates shot to earn more trophies should anyone care about that sort of thing.

Hope this helps, and as always: Have Fun, Y'all

fauxgina
Seahorse
Seahorse
38 Posts

[Post New]by fauxgina on Jun 26, 11 2:36 AM
I never buy CE games anymore, but I do like to play the 1-hour trial for CE games when they come out just to see how interested I will be in purchasing the SE game when it follows a few weeks later. When I saw there was another "Golden Trails" game, I was definitely interested.

I recently re-played the first "Golden Trails" game on a whim because I enjoyed it so much when it came out and I hadn't played it for many months. Maybe that is partly why I was so bored by the trial for this CE -- the two games are incredibly similar and there doesn't seem to have been any development in the series between games. Although the theme of "The Lost Legacy" is so far removed from the Wild West images that the phrase "Golden Trails" brings to mind, it is apt that the devs used the same name for both games, because they are cut from the exact same cloth. Don't get me wrong, as far as games go they are good, but if you've played one you really don't need to play the other because there's no real difference. The mini-games and puzzles are also not as good as in the first one, in my opinion (although maybe I just felt impatient at the fact that they were more challenging because I didn't really care what else was going on in the game and didn't feel rewarded for completing them myself. I cheated on most of them by clicking "Solve puzzle," which I normally don't like to do.)

I agree with other reviewers who wrote that shooting bandits to earn hints and "lucky" items is something these games could do without. I particularly dislike the achievement windows that pop up throughout the game reminding you of how many bandits you have "killed." Please, "Golden Trails" developers, leave that part out of the next game! It's superfluous and unnecessary, particulary in a series of games that are otherwise quite bright and fun.

Maybe, maybe I will get this when it's a Daily Deal... Meh.

mycatluna
Minnow
Minnow
265 Posts

[Post New]by mycatluna on Jun 26, 11 7:04 PM
This is a good enough game (I will wait for the SE though) but I am disappointed that they did not continue with the Western theme.

I'm not a big fan of westerns; HOWEVER, I enjoyed the first one because it was a unique experience. There are not a long of western IHOGS out there, if any. For that reason, I wish they would have stayed with the western theme. I can find games about pirates...give me something different!!

I really hope that if they make a third, that they go back to the western theme. They did the first one well and it would be nice to have a 'western' series to look forward to!

Cheers

[Post New]by 2angelboys on Jun 27, 11 2:28 PM
I love the game, but this one was way too short for the price. Should of not been a CE and should of been a regular price game. Not worth paying $13.99 for it. The first one was allot better and allot longer than this one. Even after you finish the main game and go to the unlimited game and bonus game it is still short.

phisherman
Guppy
Guppy
164 Posts

[Post New]by phisherman on Jun 29, 11 9:04 AM
Watching the grass grow would be more interesting than this game. Pretty sad when a CE does not even make you want to wait for the SE to come out.

Badgerrrt
Lobster
Lobster
83 Posts

[Post New]by Badgerrrt on Jun 29, 11 3:53 PM
I really love this game. Excellent graphics. Pleasant, and unobtrusive music track, plus I enjoyed trying to obtain the "trophies" and collect all of the clovers!
I was a big fan of the first game and I think this one is better. The strategy guide is helpful for the most part; some of the puzzles I couldn't figure out even with the guides' help! I like this type of Hidden Object Game and the Bonus game makes it a decent length for a CE.

Thanks DIVEM Studios for two excellent games! I only hope you give us more in this series!

Thanks BFG for the best games!

badger

mask6021
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by mask6021 on Jun 30, 11 8:21 AM
Got to end of CE game only to find that I did not find all of the clovers so I can't unlock the bonus content. Do I have to replay the game, find all the clovers to unlock? Can't see any way to go back and find the missed clovers!!

dlb628
Minnow
Minnow
252 Posts

[Post New]by dlb628 on Jul 1, 11 4:41 PM
I loved this game. It's nice to play a game once in awhile without the dark and spooky themes. I love the dark and spooky themes, but I really appreciate the change of pace. I love the graphics, the clovers you need to find (there're 250 in the game, and if you find 150 it unlocks the "secret mission" area* which continues the storyline of the game), and yes, shooting the bandits for hints.

As for the bonus area, I think I would feel like the game ended really abruptly without it. The game would make sense, but wouldn't have been as satisfying. The bonus area consists of revisiting the last area in the game, which means object searches and puzzles in about 5 different locations. I felt this was worth the extra cost.

* The secret mission area is not the bonus area. The game goes naturally into the secret mission area after the last screen if you've collected 150 of the clovers. The bonus play is in a different area that you have to click separately on the main menu after you finish the main game.

Edited on 07/01/2011 at 4:50:27 PM PST

Bpup
Manatee
Manatee
3,891 Posts

[Post New]by Bpup on Jul 3, 11 10:33 AM
Actually, I like the killing bandits aspect of the game and hope that the developers leave that in, if they ever do another one in this series. It's what makes this one different from most other H0 games, and keeps you on your toes when playing the game, making you earn the hints. If they got rid of it and just let the hint button gradually refill, that would just dumb down the game, IMO.

derekthedj
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by derekthedj on Jul 4, 11 7:23 AM
I agree with Bpup but I can also see how people can get annoyed by it too. Maybe they can make it an option that can be turned on and off. I do enjoy the arcade aspect of it, though.

[Post New]by JadedCalifia on Jul 6, 11 6:03 PM
Ok, so I liked the story, but after a while it started to drag with the bonus game and the special collector's extra segment. The graphics left something to be desired and after a while they really detracted from the flow of the story. I liked the mini game where you shoot the pirates.
Pros:
Nice story
Fun pirate shooting gallery
Lots of extras on the Collector's Edition

Cons:
Repetitious (like so many HOGs unfortunately)
Graphics were mediocre

/

Duetgirl
Lobster
Lobster
94 Posts

[Post New]by Duetgirl on Jul 14, 11 10:32 PM
Wow-- can't wait till they come out with the next one! This was awesome-- great story line, voice over with wonderful voices, no 'junk piles'-- very tricky stuff! I enjoyed every minute of it! BOught it after the demo, and was thrilled to have done so! I really enjoy how you go from one place to another, and sometimes back to the same room. It was great fun. And I loved shooting the bad guys-- this was just a really fun game! Very worth the money! (the mini games were fun too)

old165
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by old165 on Jul 19, 11 5:55 PM
I have really liked this game--BUT-you should not have to find all the clovers to play the bonus game. This is the first CE that was not worth the money. It wasn't any longer than the first, but cost twice as much. Very disappointed!!!!!!!!!!!! Old165

marachat
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

[Post New]by marachat on Sep 19, 11 7:53 AM
I liked the first one more than this one. Too bad, since I was looking forward to this one. The first let down was that the western theme wasn't continued, the second one was that this part has nothing to do with the first one. I like it when sequels have something in common with the first game.
But yeah, as I said, I liked this game anyway. The graphics were awesome as usually, the music wasn't too annoying and the story was great!
The only big minus in this game was that there were too many trophies! Too much to do! I couldn't enjoy the gameplaying because I had to shoot bandits, search for lost objects and for clovers, some objects were more hidden than the others and some needed a tool from the inventory. ARGH! Some of the trophies were a bit too hard, 30(?) objects within a minute?! With all the bandits and clovers and lost objects?! Are you kidding me?
Shame, this game would've been very good without this "glitch". Now, it gets only the grade good.

P.S. Devs, do more games with the wild west theme!

roaming
Clownfish
Clownfish
644 Posts

[Post New]by roaming on May 9, 13 11:26 PM
I will never, NEVER even try a game that has pictures to match in the hidden object scenes. EVER!! Sorry. I left first grade a long time ago.

Laflamme
Stingray
Stingray
4,512 Posts

[Post New]by Laflamme on Jun 8, 13 3:38 PM
Review based upon completion of game and bonus content with all but 1 achievements.

In the first Golden Trails you matched pictures with Western scenes and manipulated objects with previously found ones, while solving a few puzzles and shooting up bad guys. In this second Golden Trails you match pictures with Pirate scenes and manipulate objects with previously found ones, while solving a few puzzles and shooting up bad guys. You see, there is a lot of new stuff there.

The Good:

+ interesting story
+ unlockable unlimited mode
+ achievements...
+ some of which can be solved in Unlimited mode
+ some voiceover...

The Neutral:

o but only for one character
o puzzles are really easy
o most items not true to size

The Bad:

- more or less just the first game all over again

Bonus Content: Since the first game has practically the same bonus content I cannot judge what will be in the regular game and what not. However, if the "Secret 7th mission" is CE only you will need to get this version, as only this one will clear up the whole story.

Bottom Line: If you liked the first game and want more, get the game. If not, this game is for you if you are mostly into HO scenes, matching pictures in a list with the ones hidden in the scenes. If you didn't like the first one, steer clear. But as I said above, get this game - but only during a half price sale, as there is no reason to pay double the price for the same content you got in the first Golden Trails.

Go to: