Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

Re:Reviews for Grim Facade: Mystery of Venice Collector’s Edition

[Post New]by Valdy on Jun 30, 11 10:30 AM
tesloca wrote:WHAT IS ERS?!??! please let those of us that dont know know these initials..thank

Hi Tesloca...

"ERS Game Studios" is the name of the company that made this game.

jillaroogirl
Minnow
Minnow
299 Posts

[Post New]by jillaroogirl on Jun 30, 11 3:55 PM
This was a fantastic game! Beautiful music, excellent graphics, stunning scenery. I thought the voice overs were amusing, not really Italian, but good all the same. A highly polished game. More like this please BF.

Kathyju77
Starfish
Starfish
46 Posts

[Post New]by Kathyju77 on Jun 30, 11 7:41 PM
Totally enjoyed this game! Thanks BFG!

mar39
Guppy
Guppy
197 Posts

[Post New]by mar39 on Jul 1, 11 7:56 PM
While I thought the graphics were beautiful, it didn't last nearly long enough for me for a collector's edition. I was hoping the bonus game would help in that regard and just read someone's post that it was super-short. Plus, I didn't find this game at all spooky. I know that isn't everyone's "thing", and I'm not saying it's necessary, but it makes a game more enjoyable for me.

GraciesDD
Minnow
Minnow
293 Posts

[Post New]by GraciesDD on Jul 1, 11 8:21 PM
Loved the game it gave me many hours of play.

Thanks Developers and BF!

NULL
Herring
Herring
356 Posts

Reviews for Grim Facade: Mystery of Venice Collector’s Edition

[Post New]by NULL on Jul 1, 11 9:11 PM
bfgFlounder wrote:Hey Fishies!

What do you think of Grim Facade: Mystery of Venice Collector’s Edition?
We value your reviews, as do many of the other fishies in our pond, so feel free to post your comments and opinions in this thread!

Remember, a lot of people who will be reading this thread will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post.

For discussions other than your general feedback on this game you can create a new discussion in the game forum and if you are experiencing technical issues, be sure to swim over to the support thread <a href=http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/0/166733.page#3247721>here</a>.

Happy gaming!

bfgFlounder

NULL
Herring
Herring
356 Posts

[Post New]by NULL on Jul 1, 11 9:13 PM
Why does the game slow up badly when you are looking for the objects. There must be something wrong with the game and not my computer. It only happens when you are looking for the hidden objects - most irritating.

Itsupikachu
Flounder
Flounder
2,158 Posts

[Post New]by Itsupikachu on Jul 1, 11 9:20 PM
I really enjoyed the trial and when I saw the name of one of the characters was the same as my first name, I had to have it-made it seem like the game was tailor made just for me. That and the fact that I had four game credits saved up sealed it for me. I haven't finished it, yet, but I'm loving every minute of it! The graphics are great and the HOG scenes balanced with the adventure and interactive is just the way I like it. I have had to consult the strategy guide but that's fine. That's what it's there far. Anyway, I am very pleased with the game all around and have no complaints at all. GREAT GAME!!

ppvjeep
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

[Post New]by ppvjeep on Jul 1, 11 9:23 PM
The graphics are fuzzy, but the fluid movement in the cutscenes is gorgeous. This reminds of Phantom of the Opera. A masked man runs around and as a detective you're there to solve some sort of mystery. Kind of funny how the guy from jail looks like the villain...

[Post New]by RenaissanceMom on Jul 1, 11 10:09 PM
vicalana wrote:No buy for me. I agree with all those who feel ERS games are getting tired. Fantastic graphics and great fun, but the earlier games blew me away. Absolutely stunning. But this is too old. Maybe as a DD. And as someone else said, possibly a SE if times are dry.
Ditto, except for the "great fun". I've only played the demo but the gameplay felt too BTDT, the puzzles way too easy (uhh, matching colors?) and too many H0 scenes. Their last few games were rather uninspired and didn't live up their potential, imo, and I'm afraid ERS has lost its magic for me.

Edited on 07/01/2011 at 10:10:42 PM PST

Poutoule
Archerfish
Archerfish
41,630 Posts

[Post New]by Poutoule on Jul 2, 11 6:51 AM
Bought it on the very last day of June (needed 3 more punches to finish my last card) and only played it today, so that shows I wasn't overenthusiastic after the demo.
This is a comment, not a review but I didn't see any thread for comments.
I love ERS games, but found this one a bit so so. Graphics are absolutely beautiful, story not that good, in fact you rescue the 2 Ladies pretty easily, I found it a bit inconsistent. No real link in between scenes, so I got stuck wondering what on earth I should do with what I had found. Mini games were easy and hard, classical ones. In the H0 scenes you had to interact and I quite liked that. Graphics were so gorgeous that I didn't use one hint, even if it took me quite a while to find the objects, never got bored or impatient. (By the way why can't you keep your hard earned hints for the bonus level ?). Bonus level is more or less a continuous serie of H0, but the whole game is saved by it's graphics.
Not an excellent game, a good one, the SE will be well worth it's price.

[Post New]by NancySusan on Jul 3, 11 1:22 PM
This played slowly on my XP, but even so I may get the SE, despite some astonishingly glaring anachronisms in it -- the missing women enter the gondola wearing late 20th-early 21st century spike heel, anke strap sandals, and one of the HOG's had a top hat in what is apparently an 18th c. setting. Come on -- oh and Doge was pronounced like, well, dogue, rather than doje, which was bizarre. Nontheless, a SE might be worth it, because it was kinda fun, and certainly entertaining, except for the slowness. It needs a lot more memory than I suspect I have currently to run well, and recent ERS games have often had this problem for me.

catzzz666
Guppy
Guppy
126 Posts

[Post New]by catzzz666 on Jul 4, 11 7:11 AM
Great game, good story line and interesting puzzles, not too complicated. I thoroughly enjoyed myself playing it. I had to laugh though at the masked villian. When he runs off into the distance, he jumps from left to right like a speed skater who forgot to put his skates on but does the racing gait anyway. lol Enjoy fishes!!

1fantome
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by 1fantome on Jul 5, 11 6:26 PM
Oh boy, oh boy!!! Great plot. Graphics are excellent. I can hardly wait to get back to this one. Seems to be almost as good as Phantom of the Opera. These types of games are few and far between. Thanks to all the fishes who take the time to post advice and comments.

[Post New]by JadedCalifia on Jul 6, 11 6:19 PM
I love this game! I think I'm going to play it again and that is saying something. The graphics were amazing and the story was well thought out. I just wish it was longer.

Pros:
Great Graphics
Good Story
Nice extras on the Collector's Edition

Cons:
I didn't want it to end

/

bigpescador
Guppy
Guppy
107 Posts

[Post New]by bigpescador on Jul 7, 11 7:33 AM
great!

emmyjayne
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,375 Posts

[Post New]by emmyjayne on Jul 8, 11 8:23 AM
Really enjoyed this game! Artwork, storyline, puzzles - all engaging and fun. Nothing too difficult (played in hard mode) and loved that the diary didn't jump, sparkle, spin, etc. - just subtly opened and fluttered a bit when a new entry was added.

My only criticism was that the cursor was sticky and also flashed periodically...seriously, ERS, people only have to jiggle the mouse to find the cursor. Flashing it just becomes annoying. Also, ERS desperately needs a good text/proof reader ..."It needs to place the lantern in a convenient place from which it will lighten up the arrea (sp) around." That's just downright embarassing.

Edited on 07/10/2011 at 9:05:34 AM PST

IYBAKH
Minnow
Minnow
226 Posts

[Post New]by IYBAKH on Jul 10, 11 12:00 PM
After visiting Venice a few years ago, I loved seeing the canals & buildings again. ERS Game Studio has again produced an excellent, intriguing, adventuresome, & interactive game! They are one of only a few companies that consistently sets and practices the high standards of game development. They pay attention to detail, quality of work, select intriguing story lines, produce clear, crisp graphics, & select appropriate music. Excellent buy! Thanks to ERS and BFG for giving us another great winner!!

AnnieO_2424mad
Guppy
Guppy
197 Posts

[Post New]by AnnieO_2424mad on Jul 11, 11 6:57 AM
Super enjoyable game. It had a little bit of everything and it wasn't too spooky or dark in mood. Bonus was short but excellent length on the regular game.

[Post New]by mdcanna on Jul 11, 11 8:50 PM
I love the scenery and the games, but trying to move on from place to place, if it weren't for the walk throughs I wouldn't get as far as I am.. I really don't think I should have to pay to get through a game. the hints are no hints at all as to what you might need to get through it. I like a game to walk through shadows but not be able to see the shadow.. I hope going through the forum to get a hint to move on will help me out.. right now I am stuck finding Victors wife.. with no suggestion where to go now.. stuck in murky waters.

Go to: