Re:Post any Nightmare Realm Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by Freevoyager on Jul 22, 11 3:02 PM
I am trying to mix the flowers & pumpkins seed in the Witch Doctor's "Laboratory" but cannot remove the spoon to be able to mix the items. The lid where you pour everything into seems to be stuck and is blocking the spoon. Has anyone else come across this?

Thanks!

jessmom01
Starfish
Starfish
50 Posts

[Post New]by jessmom01 on Jul 25, 11 5:18 PM
just dl'd & played the game clear through ( & loved it), but did have a weird glitch occur that i figured i should mention in case anyone else experienced anything similar. At one point ( * SPOILER: the very end of regular play, when the uncle is finally opening the golden sarcophagus with the little girl, there's like a big explosion, and boom... blackness, then nothing for long enough to know it wasn't supposed to be like that - frozen.)the screen went totally black & just froze there, tho the music was still playing. I had to minimize the game & do a cntrl/alt/del to exit. when i went back in, it continued playing fine. Again, not a huge deal, but frustrating for a few minutes, and ya know it shouldn't do that. Otherwise, awesome game.

Edited on 07/25/2011 at 5:20:00 PM PST

[Post New]by Puddytat1 on Jul 26, 11 7:58 PM
have downloaded this game and when i go to play it will not open. comes up with a black screen and then goes back to the game manager saying thanks for playing. any help would be appreciated. i have uninstalled and re-installed but that didnt help

theoldbag
Herring
Herring
363 Posts

[Post New]by theoldbag on Aug 2, 11 8:27 PM
I have a 22" monitor and still this game is so large that it looks like just the center of the picture is on the screen. The page with options is normal but when the game starts it is like it is zoomed in or something. Sorry but I don't know technical names but I am very upset about this as I can't even start the game. I would like to substitute a different game if this can't be fixed. Please advise

[Post New]by RainbowExplorer on Aug 3, 11 11:38 PM
It appears that I am but one of a longggg list of other BFG gamers who has attempted to play a demo trial of this game without ANY success. In June, when this CE version first came out, I downloaded and installed it without difficulty. However, whenever I attempted to play it, it would show the logos of BFG and Lesta but would never start the game. I attempted this six times, each time reducing my demo trial period by one minute (with each attempt), then gave up in disgust.

Now, it's early August and I had long since forgotten my many previous attempts to trial this game. Thus, when the SE version came out (displaying a different cover photo image, which I didn't recognize, so I thought the game was "new" to ), I demo trialed it, LOVED it, bought it, played it (without any trouble!), THEN "re-discovered" that a CE version of this game exists.

Now, I'm feeling frustrated that I didn't buy the CE version, as I'm certain the BONUS PLAY would be very meaningful, to me, with this particular story. Thus, I decided to download and demo trial the CE version, just to see if I could look at the SG (within the CE version), to find out what the Bonus material might consist of. However, tonight, I've - ONCE AGAIN - downloaded and installed the CE version of this game, only to discover that I cannot get this game to PLAY (in the CE format), at all!

Each demo attempt shows me the logos of BFG and Lesta, but refuses to show anymore than that! Each reattempt to "play" the demo trial reduces my one hour of "play time" by one minute, though I get NO play time at all, during each attempt.

It makes NO SENSE, to me, as to why I can purchase and play the SE version of this game, without the slightest bit of trouble, yet I cannot get the TRIAL VERSION of the CE edition of this game, to allow me to play IT, at all!?!?! With the hundreds of BFG games I've demo trialed, I've NEVER had this happen before, nor have I ever heard of it happening to anyone else before, either.

I would REALLY like to know what happens during the BONUS PLAY portion of the CE game. If anyone is willing to PM me with a brief outline of its contents, I would be most grateful!!!!

Rainbow

lmarr54
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by lmarr54 on Aug 4, 11 7:49 AM
I played the demo of the SE and loved it but waited until August to buy the CE so I could start a new punch card. Well I wish I could tell everyone about the bonus content but I can't even get the game to start. Everything is updated and I've uninstalled/reinstalled 4 times to no avail. Don't know what I'll do next but hopefully an update will be released soon.

rolldedice
Starfish
Starfish
54 Posts

[Post New]by rolldedice on Aug 10, 11 5:37 PM
add me to the list of bug eyes-12 eyes problem-after reading through this forum-jeez looks like just changing the profile(if that works)shall not be my only problem-looks like a good game, but alas although frustrating big fish always works wit u-refund or credits thanx

[Post New]by kwatkinson on Aug 23, 11 7:12 AM
The game runs upside down i have uninstalled few times with both standard and collectors edition but still same. Im gutted as i have played this game at my mums and was loving it.

any ideas???

thanks
K x

Jadakiss2000
Minnow
Minnow
209 Posts

[Post New]by Jadakiss2000 on Aug 30, 11 9:04 PM
mamaluv221 wrote:ok, is there a mod checking up on these????
i click to play and my screen will blip to black once or twice and then takes me right to thank you for playing in my game manager. Now what??
How many issues are going to happen with this game and if they aren't gonna get resolved then BFG should jusyt pull it.
SOOOOOO frustrating!!!

mamaluv

Just installed tonight after buying during the CE sale and was so excited to play just to get nothing but .....Thank you for playing. Help!!!

Jadakiss2000
Minnow
Minnow
209 Posts

[Post New]by Jadakiss2000 on Aug 31, 11 11:39 AM
OK, I was having the same issue with the game popping back to the Game Manager after pushing Play. I read another post from someone that said this game was made to be compatible with Vista and maybe XP. I was trying to play on my new laptop that's only 2 months old that has all the bells and whistles and Windows 7. No luck. Well, lucky I still have my older desktop that runs Vista. I downloaded the game on it and even though it took about 30 minutes to download, it is playing great. I am at the factory part now where the snow is and haven't had any problems.

I think it is ridiculous that you can't play a newly released game on a brand new computer with Windows 7. If you were able to play this on a Windows 7 laptop then I envy you. I wanted nothing more than to cuddle up in my bed while playing this great game on my lap top. Not gonna happen now. At least I still get to play it though.

Big Fish, I love you, but......you need to make this game compatible on Windows 7.

jkuci
Flounder
Flounder
2,447 Posts

[Post New]by jkuci on Sep 1, 11 1:29 PM

I bought and downloaded this CE (new "fixed" version) but it would not play as others have mentioned: it shows a black screen then kicks back out to the GM

I unistalled and re-installed 3 times - no change, it would not play.

xp with windows 8 here....

Edited on 09/03/2011 at 8:00:56 AM PST

[Post New]by puffed_rice on Sep 5, 11 12:15 AM
Yes..I'm another one with the partial screen showing. Have to click randomly in the black area to get any action going.

I bought this one during the CE sale and wondered....did I buy a dud?

It might be a new game - guess what's in the black areas.

I installed, uninstalled, and then installed and each one shows same thing with partial screen showing.

Shouldn't there have been the current version installed and junky one deleter BF?
I mean...get with it!

Any remedies ANYONE found yet? Graphics look enticing but shrunken screen is a nightmare.

[Post New]by smokeyjobe on Sep 11, 11 3:39 AM
I'm a little confused right now.

I trialled the CE of this game when it was released but didn't purchase it until the CE sale at the end of August.

I remember clearly that I have played beyond climbing down to help whatshisname SPOILER: (I remember him being swept away after the basement floods) and collected a couple of extra pictures after the one in the treehouse.

Problem is, since I purchased the game, for some reason my profile loaded at the point where you open the cellar in the treehouse, before fixing the wall busting robot. And NOW the eye thing is happening to me and I can't progress. I have played that section!!

Does this mean that the problem is with the activated version and not with the demo?

Should I download the latest version or not?

The bigfish guys have been great with support issues I've experienced in the past, so I'm not stressing, just want to play the game!

Edited on 09/11/2011 at 3:40:05 AM PST

[Post New]by kayblaze on Sep 11, 11 4:30 PM
During the bonus game in the collectors edition I can get to the point where you pull the chest out of the sewer with the boat hoo9k, but once I open the crate with the saber, I cannot take the switch. I can see it but my curser does not change and I can not select it/pick it up.

MarpleLover
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,415 Posts

[Post New]by MarpleLover on Nov 14, 11 7:29 AM
I am having a profile problem with this game. I have recently deleted and reinstalled this game numerous times. The game is stuck on the last profile. I cannot do any profile updates. I would like to create a new profile and start the game from the beginning. The profile function no longer works for me.

How can this game remember my last profile if I have uninstalled it using Game Manager and Windows Control Panel program uninstall?

I have played this game with 3 different profiles before but now experiencing this new problem.

Help!

vingilot
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,175 Posts

[Post New]by vingilot on Nov 15, 11 8:22 AM
MarpleLover wrote:I am having a profile problem with this game. I have recently deleted and reinstalled this game numerous times. The game is stuck on the last profile. I cannot do any profile updates. I would like to create a new profile and start the game from the beginning. The profile function no longer works for me.

How can this game remember my last profile if I have uninstalled it using Game Manager and Windows Control Panel program uninstall?

I have played this game with 3 different profiles before but now experiencing this new problem.

Help!

When you delete a game, it does not delete the profile from your computer, which is stored separately, sometimes in two or three different locations. Did you also delete the profile folder(s) when you deleted the game? You might even want to empty trash and restart computer before reinstalling.

Voice_Mail
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by Voice_Mail on Nov 15, 11 3:09 PM
Just downloaded the trial of the collectors edition (mac version) yesterday, but when I play, black lines are constantly flashing across the screen, and occassionally half the screen appears as black, rendering the game unplayable.

Has anyone else been having this problem, and if so, how do you fix it? ): This game looks interesting, and I would like to be able to play it.

[Post New]by Shannon282007 on Nov 16, 11 4:45 AM
this game won't even install for me. i've deleted it from my computer and redownloaded it twice and still nothing. can someone please help?

purpleeye
Squid
Squid
77 Posts

[Post New]by purpleeye on May 16, 12 4:10 PM
Bugs in Origami (under Extras)

In the butterfly origami section, for steps 5 and 7 I see the following (instead of meaningful instructions):

ids_tutorial_butterfly_[57]a
ids_tutorial_butterfly_[57]b

Game downloaded and installed 21 Apr 2012

Mac OS version
[Snow Leopard 10.6.8]

[Post New]by puffmagic on Oct 23, 12 3:46 AM
same problem. tryed unnstalling and reinstalling game cannot get past game logo.

Go to: