angelfish106
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,378 Posts

Re:Comments for F.A.C.E.S Collector's Edition

[Post New]by angelfish106 on Jul 18, 11 3:41 AM
Thanks Roxiestar! I was beginning to think it was just me being picky. I did play to the end and surprise surprise, even more hidden object searches. And some of the items were repeated. And some of the locations were repeated. And the bonus chapter? More searches, some interaction and in my opinion not worth the extra money.

roxiestar74
Minnow
Minnow
290 Posts

[Post New]by roxiestar74 on Jul 23, 11 2:55 AM
angelfish106 wrote:Thanks Roxiestar! I was beginning to think it was just me being picky. I did play to the end and surprise surprise, even more hidden object searches. And some of the items were repeated. And some of the locations were repeated. And the bonus chapter? More searches, some interaction and in my opinion not worth the extra money.

Thanks for your reply, Angelfish!

I finally finished F.A.C.E.S. tonight. I spread out my game play over the past week since I could only play the game in small increments, because I was getting annoyed by all of the H0 scenes, and how repetitive they were. What is the point of playing the same H0 scene over and over, and in some cases having to look for items that you already found the last time you played that scene? I think it's really pointless and would much rather have less H0 scenes, than have ones that repeat and present no challenge. This is not the only game I have played that has done this, and I find it annoying every time it happens.

I guess the only thing that made me want to finish the game was to find out what happened with the story, which was good and original, but I did think the ending was kind of disappointing.

I haven't played the bonus chapter yet. I was hoping it would be better than the rest of the game, and that it wouldn't have the same H0 scenes over and over again, but based on what you say about it, Angelfish, it doesn't sound like the bonus play is much better than the rest of the game. I will still play it though and find out for myself.

tj1147
Clownfish
Clownfish
654 Posts

[Post New]by tj1147 on Jul 25, 11 8:25 PM
Loved this game! It is one of the toughest I've played! I even looked forward to the H0 scenes to see what I'd get to help me on to the next part! I do wish I'd kept notes of what rooms were on each floor...would have saved me a bit of back-tracking, but I thoroughly enjoyed playing the game. I've just started on the bonus section and will finish it up tomorrow.

Thank you, Vogat! I really feel I got my money's worth with this CE!!!

shadowfax44
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,885 Posts

[Post New]by shadowfax44 on Jul 25, 11 9:05 PM
This was a pretty good game Vogat but I have come to plead with you... no elevators in the sequel, please!! All I could think as I rode that stupid elevator for the umpteenth time was ENOUGH ALREADY!

ETA: Ditto what Roxie said about revisiting the same HOG scene and searching for the EXACT SAME items not more than a minute after you just had to search the same scene... This is definitely not one of your best efforts. I hope for better in the sequel.

Edited on 07/25/2011 at 9:08:23 PM PST

vicalana
Stingray
Stingray
5,296 Posts

[Post New]by vicalana on Jul 26, 11 4:23 AM
tj1147 wrote:Loved this game! It is one of the toughest I've played! I even looked forward to the H0 scenes to see what I'd get to help me on to the next part! I do wish I'd kept notes of what rooms were on each floor...would have saved me a bit of back-tracking, but I thoroughly enjoyed playing the game. I've just started on the bonus section and will finish it up tomorrow.

Thank you, Vogat! I really feel I got my money's worth with this CE!!!

Just finished - and I agree a bit repetitive in parts - but boy what an amazing game. One of the best I've played. Really different - not the old crowbar at the gates stuff. Thank you Vogat!!

roxiestar74
Minnow
Minnow
290 Posts

[Post New]by roxiestar74 on Jul 27, 11 1:54 AM
shadowfax44 wrote:This was a pretty good game Vogat but I have come to plead with you... no elevators in the sequel, please!! All I could think as I rode that stupid elevator for the umpteenth time was ENOUGH ALREADY!

ETA: Ditto what Roxie said about revisiting the same HOG scene and searching for the EXACT SAME items not more than a minute after you just had to search the same scene... This is definitely not one of your best efforts. I hope for better in the sequel.

Thanks Shadowfax! I also hope for better for the sequel. I think that if they make the sequel more like the bonus game it will be better. I just finished the bonus play and there was less repetitiveness in the H0 scenes. It seemed like there were less H0 scenes in general, they were more spread out, which I prefer, and some of them did repeat locations, but I wasn't finding objects I had already found. I also thought the bonus play was more adventurous and interactive than the rest of the game and I found the length to be good. It took me almost 2 hours to play, although I seem to be a bit slower than some other players, so it might take faster players around an hour. I think the bonus game adds to the story, but if people decide to buy the SE version instead, I do not think they will be missing out on too much by not playing the bonus game. It is a prequel to what happens in the main story, and it was interesting, but not necessary to know to enjoy the rest of the game.

Since I stretched this game out over many days, I feel as if I got my money's worth, but I do not think it is Vogat's best game, and I am a fan of that developer and get excited whenever I hear they have a new game out. I remember liking Elixir of Immortality and the Reincarnations Games a lot more. I will try the sequel when it comes out though, especially if they make it more like the bonus play and have less repetitive H0 scenes and more adventure and interactiveness.

[Post New]by Leila_Mills on Sep 14, 11 11:43 PM
by the way, I can't say that the hidden scenes were too difficult or too easy, just someting to pass by, but in general it was quite ok for me

Go to: