tomb57
Guppy
Guppy
155 Posts

Re:Review for F.A.C.E.S. Collector's Edition

[Post New]by tomb57 on Jul 16, 11 3:16 PM
Great game good graphics, decent story, puzzles not too difficult.
Great play length, with a decent bonus game play that was enjoyable.
Built in SG was very good, and the hints were very helpful.
Looking forward to a possible sequel due to the bonus game ending.

Thanks to BFG for bringing us a Great game from Vogat!

caseymom
Minnow
Minnow
206 Posts

[Post New]by caseymom on Jul 16, 11 3:46 PM
Its hot and decided to try my first CE game....WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! No glitches, long play time and the bonus was darn long too. As typical, it leaves you wanting more and a vague promise of a sequel. Sure a GREAT way to spend a hot, humid Saturday afternoon. Well worth the 2 game credits.

jennsmom
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by jennsmom on Jul 16, 11 3:51 PM
I just finished the main game. I'm going to control myself and wait to start the bonus game tomorrow. I loved this game! It had me hooked from the very beginning. I certainly recommend it to anyone who likes IHOGs. I loved all the little touches....hand, Bush Baby, eye looking out of the machine, swinging rope, everything.

ELadyG1013
Guppy
Guppy
133 Posts

[Post New]by ELadyG1013 on Jul 16, 11 5:58 PM
I just finished the entire game and the bonus content....very nice game ! Graphics were very nice, the storyline was good. The ending left me thinking that maybe a sequel to this will be in the making...hope so!!

bobbiemark
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by bobbiemark on Jul 16, 11 8:42 PM
What can I say BFG and Vogot have done it again bril game all round. Loved the ending when the gent says found her so does this mean a follow up. Hope so, I was so in to the game I lost some sleep did't relise the time so there I was at 3am woundering where the time had gone.

all round.

alkster
Starfish
Starfish
49 Posts

[Post New]by alkster on Jul 16, 11 8:49 PM
tried the trial.. didnt like the game at all.. wont be purchasing this one

chumface
Herring
Herring
355 Posts

[Post New]by chumface on Jul 16, 11 9:40 PM
We beta tested this one and have been waiting for it to come out! Not disappointed! Great game! We own all of the Vogat games! Top notch developer!

mar39
Guppy
Guppy
197 Posts

[Post New]by mar39 on Jul 16, 11 11:05 PM
Loved it....couldn't stop playing! Beautiful graphics, liked the music/sound. Saving the bonus chapter for another time. There were a couple hidden objects that lost a bit in the translation, but not impossible, and doesn't take away from a great game.

HoudiniCats
Lobster
Lobster
93 Posts

[Post New]by HoudiniCats on Jul 17, 11 12:23 AM
The graphics were excellent, the story line was strong (in comparison to most games), with some pretty decent writing. I really didn't mind the lack of voice-over--unless they're really well done (e.g. Emerald City) they can be annoying.

I felt it could have been way more interactive. Even a simple "extra" like collecting, say, masks, would have been welcome. The puzzles were decent, but way way too many **** scenes. That irks me--especially in a CE--even if the bonus game play was good.

I loved the music; it's too bad one can't download that as opposed to a selection of wallpapers all featuring the F.A.C.E.S. logo in 100 point (or whatever it actually is) type!

This is a good game and with a bit more effort on Vogat's part, it could have been excellent.

I know some folks here adore HOGs, but the Houdini cats, those persnickety felines, get bored when they have to continually cull through hidden object scenes. Not even the flashes of light during the cut scenes attracted them. Though they liked the creepy atmosphere and the little touches--like the paintings with the slowly closing eyes.

One thumb up!

jlanger78
Marlin
Marlin
9,474 Posts

[Post New]by jlanger78 on Jul 17, 11 9:35 AM
I must be the only one disappointed with the bonus content.. it took me about half an hour without skipping or hints.. I am NOT an avid Hog player, so when I heard Vogat saying 2 hours I bought the CE figuring that I'd get a few hours out of the bonus material which would be worth the price... I am exceptionally disappointed that I spent the extra credit for half an hour of play.. the whole game played in casual mode with using the strategy guide as a hint once at the end and not skipping puzzles was about 5.5-6 hours for me..
the HOG scenes were very clever with items well hidden but some of the things were labelled strangely.. a couple times I was like "what the heck could THAT be?" especially at the end they had some VERY strangely named things, and I really don't want to have to look up a word just to be able to search for it in a hidden object scene.. I mean really who knows what a scolopendra is?? not even my dictionary!!
I like the story, and I DO think the bonus content is good.. adds to the story and completely new scenes and concept, just not good enough to shell out the extra credit..
sorry, for me this was a bad buy as a CE... would DEFINITELY recommend the SE though

sorry I guess this is a review.. will copy and paste it over there..

ETA I want to mention that the only CE game I have other than this one is Royal Envoy, so that may have coloured my perception of this

sportygal2009
Salmon
Salmon
2,503 Posts

[Post New]by sportygal2009 on Jul 17, 11 10:51 AM
Well I was hooked to this right from the get go since this is my type of game (dark side).. The graphics just awesome. LOVED the story and background music. Definitely need a couple pairs of sneakers as there is A LOT of back and forth locations to get what you need to move forward in the game. I'll admit though I got hung up a couple of times and so glad there was a strategy guide for help and easy to use.

For me this was definitely worth $13.99 as I got 5 to 6 hours plus of game play including the bonus.

Thanks for an AWESOME game and VOGAT!

jazzl2010
Squid
Squid
60 Posts

[Post New]by jazzl2010 on Jul 17, 11 12:49 PM
GREAT...GREAT GAME....Thank you...love Vogat games..they are always great fun.
It was a long and interesting game..great graphics...story ...gameplay...loved it..
HOPE there is a sequel

mar39
Guppy
Guppy
197 Posts

[Post New]by mar39 on Jul 17, 11 8:04 PM
jlanger mentioned the problem I had....some of the objects were named....well, really odd things. But that didn't mean I didn't enjoy the game very much! The bonus was longer for me....definitely not 30 minutes. I guess I'm just not as quick as some of you gals.

silverink
Minnow
Minnow
200 Posts

[Post New]by silverink on Jul 18, 11 11:43 AM
Excellent game in every way. Great graphics and adventure elements, a good creepy story, and a nice balance of puzzles and hidden object scenes. The primary location was very grim, but the graphics were excellent and there were a few spots where you were cleverly transported out of your environment to slightly more pleasant scenes. The game was a good length and had a few challenges along the way. I really enjoyed the bonus game which was a decent length and in a much more visually pleasing location.

Overall, this was a great game and well worth the CE price. I really look forward to a sequel on this one!

Kilan8
Starfish
Starfish
55 Posts

[Post New]by Kilan8 on Jul 18, 11 5:02 PM
I love these sanitarium games. Green Hill is still my favorite, but man this is close. The darker the better. Really enjoyed this game. I really like this game developer.

VOGAT
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

[Post New]by VOGAT on Jul 18, 11 6:04 PM
angelfish106 wrote:For the most part I love Vogat games and was looking forward to this one. I enjoyed the demo and bought it. However, I must agree with whoever said there are far too many hidden object scenes.

Yes it's listed as a hidden object game, so what do I expect?

Dear Angelfish, thank you for your opinion. There are players who like H0. They would be unhappy if we cut H0 scenes.

Our team worked hard over the year and a half to make F.A.C.E.S. It is handmade. Every minute of the game cost us a few days of our work. I am very very sorry that you did not like the game and our efforts.

In our next games you will found much more quests. And less H0.

Thank you for playing,

Askold & Vogat team

Edited on 07/19/2011 at 5:41:10 AM PST

admiral1133
Minnow
Minnow
228 Posts

[Post New]by admiral1133 on Jul 19, 11 2:12 AM
I enjoyed the game. There was alot of moving around in the elevator and alot of places to explore. It was very difficult to figure out where to go next because it was not consistant, but that is what made the game fun. The graphics are very clear and I thoroughly enjoyed the cleaning of the rooms effects. The puzzles were difficult and I used the stragedy guide several times to figure out what to do next. I had fun with the bonus game also. Very good HOG game and also some stragedy involved. Thanks BF.

care___916
Clownfish
Clownfish
988 Posts

[Post New]by care___916 on Jul 19, 11 2:14 AM
All ready left a review but had to mention what a great bonus chapter!! Cant wait for the next game. Hope it comes out real real soon.

I do like the hidden objects part of this game with the interaction. Super game.

Happy game day

PerfectSecty
Stingray
Stingray
4,983 Posts

[Post New]by PerfectSecty on Jul 19, 11 9:26 AM
Fantastic game!
I've only bought two CE's and they're both Vogat games. Mystery Trackers: Raincliff (oops--nope --that one's not Vogat) and now F.A.C.E.S. Part of that is BFG taking so long to allow us to use our credits to buy them. CE games that I might have bought were bought as SE's, which I enjoyed and I feel no need to upgrade them now.

Anyway, Vogat always seems to strike just the right balance for me. This game, like their others, is challenging without being frustratingly difficult or tedious. For those of us who want more of a challenge (like me) they included two levels of difficulty. I think the stories they come up with are interesting and the mini games are fun and their games are always a good length.

You might think that the asylum theme has been done to death but, Vogat has put their own twist on it. The artwork and sounds were really creepy and set the mood perfectly.

The bonus game in this one was very good. It took me over an hour and added some good background info on the story. The whole game took me about 7hrs without skipping any puzzles. I'm slower than some but, when a game is this well made I like to take my time, look around and interact with everything. I did have to look at the strategy guide a couple of times and I found what I needed without any trouble.

I look forward to their next game and then I might own three CE's.

Edited on 07/20/2011 at 6:07:05 AM PST

[Post New]by RenaissanceMom on Jul 19, 11 1:58 PM
PerfectSecty wrote:
I've only bought two CE's and they're both Vogat games. Mystery Trackers: Raincliff and now F.A.C.E.S.
Mystery Trackers is by Elephant Games. Are they a part of Vogat?

Go to: