Re:Post any Unsolved Mystery Club: Ancient Astronauts CE technical issues here only

[Post New]by deedeemarie48 on Jul 18, 11 6:52 PM
Fishies, I finally downloaded both Adobe Flash Player and Shockwave latest versions, restarted my computer and the trial worked like a charm.
It's a great game!

Re:Post any Unsolved Mystery Club: Ancient Astronauts CE technical issues here only

[Post New]by catgold on Jul 18, 11 7:16 PM
same problem. won't load..60 min left..play again????

CelticElf
Seahorse
Seahorse
39 Posts

[Post New]by CelticElf on Jul 18, 11 7:28 PM
Fishies -

Try uninstalling Adobe Flash Player and Adobe Shockwave player from your computer.

Reboot your computer.

Go to the Adobe website [removed by moderator] and install Adobe Flash Player and Shockwave Player again.

Now try running the game... bet you will be as shocked as I was that it worked.

Edited on 07/19/2011 at 11:43:40 AM PST

CelticElf
Seahorse
Seahorse
39 Posts

[Post New]by CelticElf on Jul 18, 11 7:31 PM
deedeemarie48 wrote:Fishies, I finally downloaded both Adobe Flash Player and Shockwave latest versions, restarted my computer and the trial worked like a charm.
It's a great game!

Whoops - sorry for repeating your post - didn't see it until after I put mine up...

It is true - it does work...

sherstar
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by sherstar on Jul 18, 11 8:18 PM
For those still frustrated because the game won't start - don't give up - this is a great game!!! You need to uninstall the game then uninstall flashplayer and shockwave and then reinstall them as per BFG instructions in the help (even if you think you have the latest versions) and then download and install the game again. It worked for me so if all else fails try it.

Only glitch I had was that I was downloading/installing/acivating other BFG games and this game wouldn't play even after the above - but once BFG manager finished with the other downloads - this game came up and works like a dream.

So don't give up.

[Post New]by Intrepid_51 on Jul 18, 11 10:54 PM
Thanks to deedeemarie48 and Celtic Elf for finding the solution to 'fix" for this one! YES! It does work! Those getting the "game running' msg just give it a try!!! It'll only take a few minutes and it's worth it because the game is great!!

jeanniemouse
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,337 Posts

[Post New]by jeanniemouse on Jul 18, 11 11:43 PM
I had the same issue as everyone else. And (since it's late and I'm grumpy) when the "Technical issues" thread is twice as long as the "Reviews" thread, and when we're having to go through all sorts of computer calisthenics to get the thing to work whether we're running Vista, Windows 7 or XP, has it occurred to the developers that maybe they have a problem, not us?
Not that I don't truly appreciate those who posted the work-around, but I hope this doesn't make the developers think they're completely off the hook as far as a fix...
(Sorry...I'll be my normal Dark & Eerie self tomorrow... ).

[Post New]by marybnc53 on Jul 19, 11 7:12 AM
"fix" did not work for me. getting very frustrated.

tinaccarroll
Guppy
Guppy
134 Posts

[Post New]by tinaccarroll on Jul 19, 11 7:41 AM
im having same problem as 1seashell 7, bought game before trying it. stupid me. havent had any problems so far so i just bought it. now i cant even play it. might just cancel membership if this keeps happening.

woodentot
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,391 Posts

[Post New]by woodentot on Jul 19, 11 11:10 AM

For those still frustrated because the game won't start - don't give up - this is a great game!!! You need to uninstall the game then uninstall flashplayer and shockwave and then reinstall them as per BFG instructions in the help (even if you think you have the latest versions) and then download and install the game again. It worked for me so if all else fails try it.

Sorry if a game won't play, without uninstalling and reinstalling Flashplayer & Shockwave. Then it is not worth buying, I shall uninstall the game.

julese53
Starfish
Starfish
48 Posts

[Post New]by julese53 on Jul 19, 11 11:30 AM
I started out having this same problem, rebooted, and got it to play. I bought the game, and now it won't open. I get an error 13 which says permission denied on the exe.log. I did all the suggestions, so far nothing has worked. I've sent an email to BFG hoping they can help.

bfgArnoStyx
Stingray
Stingray
5,877 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArnoStyx on Jul 19, 11 11:47 AM
Hello everyone,

If you are unable to start the game or are receiving a black screen, please write in to Tech Support with a Dr. Felix report so that our reps can collect more information about these issues.

In the meantime, you're welcome to go through the troubleshooting steps outlined in this help article:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

If you do happen to go through some troubleshooting steps before a Support rep is in touch, you can always reply to the auto-message you receive (letting you know that you're in the queue) if you'd like to add more information to your ticket. Thank you!

-bfgArnoStyx

Skari
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

[Post New]by Skari on Jul 19, 11 12:25 PM
Yay, I too was able to get it to work permanently by doing everything on the troubleshooting link (in BFG's post above mine). I agree - it seemed to be uninstalling/reinstalling the updated Adobe Shockwave and Flash that fixed it. GREAT game! Thank you!

Edited on 07/19/2011 at 12:26:42 PM PST

Applebay
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by Applebay on Jul 19, 11 3:02 PM
I tried the fixes and have installed the game 3 times now and it is still not working. Contacted Tech Support and have not had a response 2-1/2 days and counting.

kysue
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
4 Posts

[Post New]by kysue on Jul 20, 11 5:32 AM
I had no trouble downloading or playing until I got to Egypt. Then when I had collected all the bugs out of the well, it kept telling me I had to clear the bugs first!
Don 't know where to go from here......

judithg315
Herring
Herring
371 Posts

[Post New]by judithg315 on Jul 20, 11 5:46 AM
Add me to the list of those having the problem of game will not play. Screen goes black and then goes back to Game Manager with 60 minutes remaining. I am running XP and uninstalled and reinstalled Adobe Flash player and Shockwave player as per the BFG help instructions. Restarted the computer and reinstalled the game and it still won’t play. I did this 3 times. Going to contact Tech Support, as I really would like to play this game.

tatajojo
Lobster
Lobster
85 Posts

[Post New]by tatajojo on Jul 20, 11 5:57 AM
Hi fishies

Well...guess what, it is nice to feel alone, can't even activate the trial, and all the "BigFish" technical advices were in vain, I have tried it for the last three days now and will give it a miss, seems the game is full of flaws and not a sterling pound will be spent on that one for sure! Sad indeed but hey my bank manager will thank me for it

heidie0
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

[Post New]by heidie0 on Jul 20, 11 7:29 AM
When is this game going to have a fix please? I am unable to get the game to start, just keep getting a flash like it wants to, then back to the game manager box. It loads fine, but won't start Thanks, J

kavdek
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by kavdek on Jul 20, 11 12:47 PM
Can't launch as well. I can't even uninstall -- it keeps telling me a game in running and I must end it before uninstalling. It shows up nowhere so I can't end it -- not even booting to task manager makes it show!

julese53
Starfish
Starfish
48 Posts

[Post New]by julese53 on Jul 20, 11 1:36 PM
kavdek, restart your computer. That will stop the game.
I think I've uninstalled the game 5 times as I've tried different things. I still get the error 13, permission denied with the exe.log.
I wish BF would at least let us know if a fix is coming. I wrote them a couple days ago but haven't heard back.

Go to: