Re:Reviews for Unsolved Mystery Club: Ancient Astronauts Collectors Edition

[Post New]by virtualcandy on Aug 29, 11 2:31 PM
Bravo to the developers! GREAT game all around. Fantastic graphics, plenty of excellent HOG scenes and puzzles, interesting story line, nice background music, decent environmental sound, and best of all, it's completely glitch-free! Not even a hiccup! This game has my blessings! Buy it freely!

[Post New]by huskytwo on Sep 1, 11 5:05 AM
I'm really disappointed in this game. I paid for the collectors edition and now I can finish it because I couldn't get passed the astronauts in the chambers. It keeps shutting down. Will that be fixed?

Cobweb55
Minnow
Minnow
256 Posts

[Post New]by Cobweb55 on Sep 8, 11 3:10 PM
Truly awesome game!! Better, because I got it on the ONETIME sale! I love slider puzzles, and there were three pretty difficult ones that kept me busy. Lots of game play on this one... loved everything about it and wouldn't change a thing!!

emery419
Guppy
Guppy
114 Posts

[Post New]by emery419 on Sep 15, 11 9:22 AM
I rather enjoyed the gameplay, but ... the spinning cursor for too many clicks (we're not 10 years old and some objects look similar) and the slower than slow hint recharge and puzzle skip are enough reasons for me not to purchase, especially at the CE price. Without those two annoyances, I might even spring for the CE.

StarThrower
Guppy
Guppy
147 Posts

[Post New]by StarThrower on Sep 23, 11 2:04 PM
For those of you that have purchased the CE version of this game, can you tell me if the bonus chapter makes it worth the CE price? Like so many, I never have any interest in the other extras (wallpapers, strategy guide, etc) so the bonus chapter is the only CE selling point for me. So if anyone could share their CE vs SE thoughts on this game, I would really appreciate it!

Thanks!

Akela16
Guppy
Guppy
193 Posts

[Post New]by Akela16 on Sep 23, 11 3:18 PM
What a Super Game ! I played the Mac SE version and didn't have any problems ... some things were slow to load but it wasn't extremely slow. The 3 slider puzzles in the "Antactica" section were extremely challenging and I was determine to get through them without resorting to a "Skip". Too bad there isn't a way to get back to the puzzles and replay them.

Reply to StarThrower ... the game and the strategy guide and help make an otherwise very difficult game challenging but playable. Can't say that the "bonus" game is that much of an extra to warrant purchasing the game if you weren't sold on the main game .... your call.

[Post New]by carolinachick220 on Oct 10, 11 6:58 PM
This is the first CE I've bought and I'm glad I did. The extra chapter/game to me was worth it and the Strategy Guide helped quite a bit, even though there is a walkthrough available. I needed it several times and it was nice to not have to exit out of fullscreen, pause the game, refer to the walkthrough, then back to the game.

I also loved the storyline… nice departure from the normal spooky, creepy, scary ones. Ancient aliens… one of my favorite subjects (not to mention TV shows!).

The game for me was a good length. The first chapter was very long, but the rest went faster, but overall I felt I got my money's worth.

For me, 4.5 out of 5 (a lot of it due to excellent graphics and great storyline )

roaming
Clownfish
Clownfish
644 Posts

[Post New]by roaming on Nov 8, 11 12:00 PM
I would really love to play this game, but not when I need to go to the strategy guide after every task because I can't figure out what to do next. So it's a no go for me.

roaming
Clownfish
Clownfish
644 Posts

[Post New]by roaming on Nov 8, 11 12:07 PM
immerfat wrote:This is one of the most unfun games I have played from BFG. There are few fun mini-games and the whole plot is just stupid (sorry). Also, it is ridiculously difficult to figure out what one must do at each stage of the gameplay and I am a very experienced gamer with this sort of game. It is simply no fun. Don't buy it!!

The bolded part is exactly what I meant in my previous post.

[Post New]by purpleporpoise on Jun 7, 12 2:47 PM
I love this one! Played both standard and CE trials! This is definitely one CE I will be buying! BFG, please, would you make it part of your 10th Anniversary Collectors Edition Sale?! We still have THREE more days to go! Pretty-fishy-PLE-E-ASE???!!

[Post New]by BMWLES on Oct 17, 13 4:30 PM
I AM ANOTHER WHO CAN NOT GET THE BLUDGEON TO WORK ON THE PANEL NEXT TO THE PURPLE EYED MASK.
WHAT AM I MISSING???????

Go to: